Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... (705 Views)

Department Of Petroleum Resources Question And Answers Forum / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... by Nobody: 9:22am On Mar 29, 2015
Please I need to be advised urgently. I have heard from several people with some telling me it pays to be in the legal department as there will be no issue of targets or marketing while some, especially those in the banking industry, are of the opinion that it is far better to be in banking proper as one can build a solid career in banking and be easily promoted once one is efficient.
Most people are also of the opinion that lawyers in the legal department just do paper work..which is actually a fact as most if not all banks have external solicitors and that promotion is very slow and the highest one can get to is as head of the legal dept/company secretary which can take years as there are already people waiting in line and the ones occupying those positions in the various banks are not ready to relinquish that position. I am a very hardworking girl and very focused. I want to put my ability to use in such a way that it will be profitable and I can have a very very solid career either in law or banking.
Thank you.
Re: Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... by sayemma: 9:30am On Mar 29, 2015
Sister, accept the offer given to you either legal or not.
Re: Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... by praise010(m): 6:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Have been offered a job in a bank either in a Legal Department or anyother? You should know that aside Legal Department, most others are mainly contract jobs.

Meanwhile, what other department that guarantees speedy promotion can you work in with an LLB result.

my advice is get into the legal department, get some relevant professional qualification and leave others for God.
Re: Advice Needed...legal Department Of The Bank Or Banking Proper... by frank950(m): 8:03am On Jun 17, 2021
Please I need to be advised urgently. I have heard from several people with some telling me it pays to be in the legal department as there will be no issue of targets or marketing while some, especially those in the banking industry, are of the opinion that it is far better to be in banking proper as one can build a solid career in banking and be easily promoted once one is efficient.
Most people are also of the opinion that lawyers in the legal department just do paper work..which is actually a fact as most if not all banks have external solicitors and that promotion is very slow and the highest one can get to is as head of the legal dept/company secretary which can take years as there are already people waiting in line and the ones occupying those positions in the various banks are not ready to relinquish that position. I am a very hardworking girl and very focused. I want to put my ability to use in such a way that it will be profitable and I can have a very very solid career either in law or banking.
Thank you.

What decision did you make later, shush department did you go to?

(1) (Reply)

Spencer Ogden Latest Job Vacancies (7 Positions) / Paul Usoro And Co Recruitment For Lawyers. / Job Vacancies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.