Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,363 members, 7,808,265 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:35 AM

RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? (970 Views)

See The Sacrifice Form RCCG Gave Members Asking For Houses, Cars, Lands & Money / He Decided To Teach Them A Lesson By Disturbing Them. Check The Pictures / Will Jehovah Witness Members Vote During Elections? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? by sokunji(m): 11:13am On Mar 29, 2015
As the election continues today. I decided to go to the church close to my house. .luckily for me a branch of RCCG was just very close. I walked in and the usher, with a smile, welcomed me and directed me to a sit Infront, the first row to be precise. I guess that was my punishment for coming late. .

As the pastor led prayers of thanksgiving especially for the peaceful nature of the elections. .my mind started to wonder what he was really thanking God for. Osinbajo, A senior pastor of RCCG, may well be the next vice president of Nigeria. And if Fayose words are anything to go buy, Osinbanjo could well be the next president. So why didn't the APC use the RCCG to woo the votes of their members. .and even Christians. I listened to Osinbajo a couple of times and he never mentioned his postion as a senior pastor.

I started to do the maths...how many branches does RCCG have across Nigeria. . how many members do they have and how many voted for 'their pastor' a candidate of the APC?

In Nigeria where religious leaders, fr Mbaka and co, have used the pulpit to canvass for votes, the RCCG refused to use the church as a campaign ground..I recall their daddy G.O issue a warning about this.

but then as the pastor continued his sermon which he titled the 'battle at carmel' he told the story of the invention of the aeroplane. .he explanied that a prof had tried and people died and then the 'uneducated Wright brothers' got it.
he also said that the devil would not be allowed to rule Nigeria again. .

I am confused about how the RCCG members voted. ..was it APC or PDP... whichever party they voted..they certainly made their choice on their own. .no body in church especially their leaders influenced their decision even though they have a good reason to.

Happy palm sunday.

Re: RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? by PhockPhockMan: 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
sokunji:
As the election continues today. I decided to go to the church close to my house. .luckily for me a branch of RCCG was just very close. I walked in and the usher, with a smile, welcomed me and directed me to a sit Infront, the first row to be precise. I guess that was my punishment for coming late. .

As the pastor led prayers of thanksgiving especially for the peaceful nature of the elections. .my mind started to wonder what he was really thanking God for. Osinbajo, A senior pastor of RCCG, may well be the next vice president of Nigeria. And if Fayose words are anything to go buy, Osinbanjo could well be the next president. So why didn't the APC use the RCCG to woo the votes of their members. .and even Christians. I listened to Osinbajo a couple of times and he never mentioned his postion as a senior pastor.

I started to do the maths...how many branches does RCCG have across Nigeria. . how many members do they have and how many voted for 'their pastor' a candidate of the APC?

In Nigeria where religious leaders, fr Mbaka and co, have used the pulpit to canvass for votes, the RCCG refused to use the church as a campaign ground..I recall their daddy G.O issue a warning about this.

but then as the pastor continued his sermon which he titled the 'battle at carmel' he told the story of the invention of the aeroplane. .he explanied that a prof had tried and people died and then the 'uneducated Wright brothers' got it.
he also said that the devil would not be allowed to rule Nigeria again. .

I am confused about how the RCCG members voted. ..was it APC or PDP... whichever party they voted..they certainly made their choice on their own. .no body in church especially their leaders influenced their decision even though they have a good reason to.

Happy palm sunday.
Op, thanks for being one of my numerous followers.
Re: RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 28, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

Op, thanks for being one of my numerous followers.

Lol... Your username sha' grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Re: RCCG: A Lesson To Learn. How Did The Members Vote? by PhockPhockMan: 12:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
emrain:

Lol... Your username sha' grin grin grin cheesy cheesy

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Sister That Lead Me To Christ Committed An Abortion. / Hajj Stampede: History Of Disasters(photo) / 4 Ways To Respond To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.