Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,366 members, 7,800,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (67487 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Ministering In Makurdi, Benue / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by 1stola: 11:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
N.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Abduletudaye(m): 11:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
As a muslim, he's the only pastor I like... smiley

8 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by karkel(m): 11:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:

Young man I'm nt here to engage u in any form of theatrical argument I'm not disputing the fact on what Kumuyi adumbrated as you have unequivocally posited here. Where my opinion is @ variance with u is the appelation 'doctrine' u added which is outrightly misleading and I can't shut my eyes to this false addendum grin!

For ur info, I sat under his tutulage when dis mssge was goin on 2dae! I had wanted going to Redeem Church where I hv apparently being worshipping since late Jan, '15 but decided to cast in appearance in Deeper Life for today cheesy

Please find attached the 21 Deeper Life Doctrines which are not perculiar to deeper life alone but to a number of other BIBLE BELIEVING CHURCHES out there!

The Holy Bible
The Godhead
The Virgin Birth of Jesus
Total Depravity and Guilt of All Men
Repentance
Restitution
Justification
Water Baptism
The Lord’s Supper
Entire Sanctification
Holy Ghost Baptism
Redemption, Healing and Health
Personal Evangelism
Marriage
The Rapture
The Resurrection of The Dead
The Great Tribulation
The Second Coming of Christ
Christ's Millennial Reign
The Great White Throne Judgement
The New Heaven and The New Earth
Hell

So in sum bro, traditions aren't doctrines and the former doesn't beget the latter over time!

Thank you for ur understanding, and remani blessed! cool
bro I suppose like u but collect one like.... ....like(1)

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by zeb04(f): 11:18pm On Mar 29, 2015
I love his preaching but he brings his own doctrine into it which is the part I hate.

Just preach God's word and not what you think is right.
Making your congregation were big skirts and looking unkempt isn't God's word. It is just your way of interpreting it and you shouldn't force your personal belief on your congregation as though it is in the bible.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
We leave Gods word and build a religion of dogma doctrine and traditions. Same way the Pharisee and sadduce do
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by colored(m): 11:19pm On Mar 29, 2015
if he isn't gonna refund all he deceived his members into giving him, then he should eat a dick!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ojeyi(m): 11:20pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.

Honestly, yu dnt fear God!..yu might be jehovah witnesses who knws!..(No hard feelings)
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Gbengais(m): 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

Who cares about the old bag.

You re a big fool .. No wonder your name sounds like eve .. Is he your mate? .. Olobushhon oloriburuku .. Na dem GEJ piple be that .. Carry mouth like food wey spoil

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by diamondboa(m): 11:21pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.

In your dreams abi ? You better pray your way for your own salvation .Olodo
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ijiini(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
...nawa o...dis guy dey wit me today in church...i was really yawning today thru d sermon until.it got to dis part....i was so rapt....he spoke wit bluntness!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ianann(m): 11:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
.... nobody know the hour and the time when the son of man will come, so,
lets amend our ways even men of God.
there's no pastors in heaven we are all going to be judge individually smiley smiley smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by MzJackBaueress(f): 11:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
Change is good.

Meawhile,he should scrap the useless doctrine of not allowing his members to have television sets. I can't stand my neighbour's kids coming to my house almost everyday to watch cartoon and their parents to come watch news just because kumuyi banned them from owning television sets.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 11:27pm On Mar 29, 2015
zeb04:
I love his preaching but he brings his own doctrine into it which is the part I hate.

Making your congregation were big skirts and looking unkempt isn't God's word. It is just your way of interpreting it and you shouldn't force your personal belief on your congregation as though it is in the bible.
he preaches total body cover and how you do it is your business. No female putting on what belongs to a man and vice versa
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 11:30pm On Mar 29, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Change is good.

Meawhile,he should scrap the useless doctrine of not allowing his members to have television sets. I can't stand my neighbour's kids coming to my house almost everyday to watch cartoon and their parents to come watch news just because kumuyi banned them from owning television sets.
there isn't a doctrine like not owning TV in the church. It's now based on personal choice. Heaven is the goal. That's more important.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by sheISstainless: 11:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
I see
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by collinsoft(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

MONKEY

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ojeyi(m): 11:32pm On Mar 29, 2015
zeb04:

Can't recollect him saying that nor doing that dear!..its part of d tradition he's trying to correct. He's not preaching his own belief bhu God's word.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
grin grin grin

So during his tenure, he did as he pleased and ordered decrees that were carried out. Now he is leaving, he wants to take his man-made doctrines because it isn't needed anymore abi?

That is why you should stop following pastors. They are demigods who do and undo at the expense of their dumb members.

So does it mean that deeper life babes will start to wear trousers, off-shoulder blouse and high heel shoes with makeup to complete the package? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by GoodMuyis(m): 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
zeb04:

[s]Making your congregation were big skirts and looking unkempt isn't God's word. It is just your way of interpreting it and you shouldn't force your personal belief on your congregation[/s] as though it is in the bible.

He never does that in his Bible study, even if he was to direct his message to one person he doesn't point finger, in fact never in his preaching has he ever talk about what to put on ONLY PUT ON GODLY DRESS was his concern.

Gone are the days when Our mother voluntarily wear Okrika, Kumuyi himself rebuke members for that.
By the way if you talk about skirt with pleating some are big by design

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by MAYOWAAK: 11:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
The trouble that every religion encounters is that the answers it provides today are challenged by new human awareness that comes into being tomorrow. Adherents of every religion are in constant struggle to reinterpret their religion to keep it relevant. A religion dies when it can no longer be bent to explain today's world within the context of its original precepts.

The nature of religion, its penchant for indoctrination, abhors flexibility. Its integrity rests on rigidity and frugality. But because it is a human institution, the pull to change and to adjust to new realities exerts pressure on religion and, over time, ultimately, tears it apart.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by fitzk: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.

You must understand that thare are three authorities in the church.
1. Tradition ( a derivative of doctrine). Its developed over time being the understanding of followers of what they think their leader is teaching.

2. Doctrine ( derivative of the inspired word/ scriptures) being the singular understanding of what a preacher think what he read from the bible means.

3. The word of God
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by fitzk: 11:37pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.

You must understand that thare are three authorities in the church.
1. Tradition ( a derivative of doctrine). Its developed over time being the understanding of followers of what they think their leader is teaching.

2. Doctrine ( derivative of the inspired word/ scriptures) being the singular understanding of what a preacher think what he read from the bible means.

3. The word of God
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:38pm On Mar 29, 2015
Pastor Kumuyi made the mistake of playing God only God can build his church, You can't make your church Holy only God can do that,You don't think for God God do the thinking,You don't assume in the Word of God you make use of that that was written, You don't make doctrines you follow the one made by God,You don't follow traditions you rejects them, You don't please the church you lead the Church.. But my brother Kumuyi has done well in humbling himself and establishing the Truth he knew but kept the church from knowing. Kumuyi will cancel Christmas,Easter and Sunday worship not that kumuyi will do it but God is against it and Kumuyi knows this.. Papa is getting old nd he is doing ammendment a thing fit for a saint not like papa Adeboye nd d others who blvs they are ryte always. And papa no need to worry about the flock God himself will lead them as promised. God be with you and grant you rest in him.Amen

And for the "watchhowyoutalkaboutmenofGodcrew" I give you this "A Spiritual man judges everything and he himself is to be judged by no one"

Once again papa i admire ur courage to rejects tradition and doctrines of the elders. We "Remnant of the Church " welcome you to the fold.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by spiralwedge(m): 11:39pm On Mar 29, 2015
noblealuu:

why are u confusing yourself? traditions are backed with the scriptures and emanate from beliefs/ doctrines. Doctrines are subjected to exegesis of the scriptures and can change but rarely. traditions change easily but not in anyway that contradicts the scriptures
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
Samneer:

Meanwhile, some members were crying while he was preaching. He himself was sweating profusely.

Here is the link to the video http://2015services.s3.amazonaws.com/SWS/SWS29032015_The_Word_In_A_Transformed_Believer_Low.mp4

It's obvious you don't like the man. As a member I know he was talking about church traditions not doctrines.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Atk01(f): 11:44pm On Mar 29, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Change is good.

He didn't really ban television sets, just cautions people to be careful of what they watch on TV.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by tintingz(m): 11:46pm On Mar 29, 2015
[size=14pt]So many un-biblical doctrines and traditions in Christianity and in many churches.

Imagine a deeper life member is not allowed to watch television. undecided

Females don't pierce their ears. undecided

All these man made doctrines deceiving humans, only God knows best.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by atakamus: 11:47pm On Mar 29, 2015
More than 80% of what is happening in our different religious institutions are human initiative. We human thing that we can create situations to control and keep people to God. No. Most of these human initiatives in churches end up making members to live pretentious lives. Thank God he has realised himself. The strict confused nature of Deeper life is very worrisome and even disadvantageous to mainly women inbthw church. It makes most of them to live life of pretence. God have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
ojeyi:

Honestly, yu dnt fear God!..yu might be jehovah witnesses who knws!..(No hard feelings)

As you can see I don't fear your god.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
collinsoft:

MONKEY

If I am a monkey,what are you? Triangle head undecided undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ojeyi(m): 11:52pm On Mar 29, 2015
ifeness:

As you can see I don't fear your god.

May God have mercy on yu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Biography Of Orimolade Tunolase Moses, Founder Of Cherubim And Seraphim Church / Strange Animal Found On High Tension Wire In Benin City / Pastor Bakare Mocks Bishop Oyedepo For ‘Making Noise About His Private Jet’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.