Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,845 members, 7,802,697 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines (67489 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Ministering In Makurdi, Benue / Pastor Kumuyi And Wife Visit Osinbajo In Abuja / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 4:09am On Mar 30, 2015
Where is the deeper life guy olaadegbu or someone who was arguing with everyone about earrings and wedding gowns etc
I told him there was nothing unholy about them and he argued and argued
Maybe he will leave the church when they change
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by treasuredm(f): 4:32am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.
D earlier u learn to use ur words properly d better for u... U must b foolish to refer to him dat way n even more foolish to say there is no judgement day... No matter ur opinions, pls don't speak ill of men of God.... Just my candid advice
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by greatgod2012(f): 4:54am On Mar 30, 2015
kolod:
I really think this topic should end becos some fools are finding it as an excuse to insult God.U marine spirited individuals and idol worshipers that had the mind to insult God becos u have an avenue to type ur stupidity,ur end will be like a sudden interuption of power by Nepa,I tell u.Date d day u insult God and write it out plain. I only weep 4 ur wasted soul.

Are you threatening him?
Where is the manifestation of the love of God in this your post?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 5:19am On Mar 30, 2015
paxonel:

it's a lie, kumuyi dont have television in his house too, he imposed this tradition which has now become a doctrine to everybody
wakeup from your slumber my brother. Have you been to Kumuyi's house before ? I have been there. The church has a TV station and yet encourages people not to watch TV, how does that sound to you ? Its now on personal choice if you want to own a TV and this is authoritative.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kristen12(f): 5:39am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

Who cares about the old bag.
That's your business
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 5:41am On Mar 30, 2015
after reading through this thread, its obvious many haven't heard the full message. I would advice you to do so so as to stop misunderstanding.

He specifically mentioned two church traditions he would have to correct if they aren't making the church holy. The first is the marriage committee set up to help young people in the area of marriage. Those in the committee are making it real hard for couples to get wedded and so fall into sin. We had a meeting with the MC member's on March 8 and they clarified their stand. This one seem to be settled.

The women ministry was the other and yes, women are beginning to go against God set down rules in the Scriptures and the pastor isn't happy about it. He said if they continue like that, he would put an end to their ministry. Am not in this ministry so don't know what they are doing to correct their ways.

For those saying change in dressing, he touched on that and condemned those dressing as the world so nothing would change there.

Finally, if you as a member of the church has been regular, you would notice that the pastor has been kind if harsh these days. Better prepare cause it seems the rapture is closer than we expect. The church has focused more on holiness and evangelism in the mission field this year. For those who are talking about death, its inevitable but then God is in control.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nafikowa: 5:52am On Mar 30, 2015
HE CARES ABOUT YOU

ifeness:

Who cares about the old bag.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by cyril83(m): 5:55am On Mar 30, 2015
Does this man realise how many lives and future he has damaged with those strict doctrines.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by cyril83(m): 5:57am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
wakeup from your slumber my brother. Have you been to Kumuyi's house before ? I have been there. The church has a TV station and yet encourages people not to watch TV, how does that sound to you ? Its now on personal choice if you want to own a TV and this is authoritative.

Old doctrines, members now watch tv.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by cyril83(m): 6:04am On Mar 30, 2015
babyosisi:
Where is the deeper life guy olaadegbu or someone who was arguing with everyone about earrings and wedding gowns etc
I told him there was nothing unholy about them and he argued and argued
Maybe he will leave the church when they change

You're so on point, many of them will leave the church immediately he scraps those strict and unscriptured doctrines. This man has misled many people and he needs to ask for forgiveness.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by rossychik(f): 6:10am On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=noblealuu post=32137079]

Nope I dnt agree wit u on this, doctrines are bible-based while traditions are man-made just as in d case under review; 'women ministry and marriage committee' for instance. On the other hand, doctrines aka dogmas are e.g salvation, sanctification, baptism of the Holy Spirit, water baptism to mention a few. Doctrinal teachings are bible based and r sacrosanctly upheld by most pentecostal churches. So, doctrines dnt produce traditions! church traditions r mere administrative mantra put in place by a church leadership which differ from one church to another.[/quote
Wow u reallydid ur research well. Learnt alot

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Odgfidelity(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:
Kumuyi should stop being confused and naive. There is no judgment day,I hope he is intelligent enough to know that. Besides he owes millions of his followers apologies for deceiving them for decades.

Brother, i want to persuade you by God's mercy that you take a look and read the book of Revelations in the bible. I want to promise you with all sense of responsibility that judgment will come very soon and we are all going to stand at it. You better repent and give your life to Jesus, before the reality dawns on you. Thanks, I love you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by juman(m): 6:19am On Mar 30, 2015
Human being and religion!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by okotv(m): 6:26am On Mar 30, 2015
cyril83:

Old doctrines, members now watch tv.
watching TV wasn't a doctrine. It was just a church tradition. Doctrines are different from traditions.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by fridayj(m): 6:34am On Mar 30, 2015
Wht going on....i dnt really get it..wise to confess it u wll be frgven...but i may ask wht are d some doctrine and tradition dt he istaking abut.. undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Nobody: 6:35am On Mar 30, 2015
KUMUYI always being RAW...

PREACHING UNDILUTED WORD OF GOD..
NOT even Favouring LADIES at all, because he knows DEVIL gets what it wants through them.

MOST WORLDLY "PASTORS" favour them, so that they can attract MEN to their churches.

Some go as far as making ONLY PRETTY LADIES, USHERS, just to Lure men to deposit money.

May GOD punish them in QUANTUM, because they have sent many to HELL.
U rarely find POLITICIANS attending his church, because most leave that place HEART RENTED..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by vooks: 6:37am On Mar 30, 2015
In Acts 15, some Jews demanded that Gentile believers get circumcised and keep the Law over and above their saiving faith in Jesus. It was controversial but was solved amicably

Every so often, ministers come to a realization that they was wrong and at this point, they either mend their ways accordingly or stubbornly persist in error fearing saying they was wrong.

You can study how modern ministers revised their teachings. Specifically Google 'shepherding movement',Kenneth Hagin-Midas Touch and so forth.

I think Kumuyi is remorseful over his brand of holiness and is torn between admitting it was his idea and dumping it or persisting in hypocrisy.

I have never met Deeper Life members outside NL but from what I see here, it appears their key belief is 'thank God am not as other men or even these other Christians; am HOLIER'

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Kei144(m): 6:38am On Mar 30, 2015
A lot of single people left Deeper Life because of the Marriage Committee. I saw the activity of the women ministry when my sister-in-law, who is not a Deeper Life member, married a Deeper Life man; some of their attitudes are unchristian.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by noblealuu: 6:44am On Mar 30, 2015
[quote author=rossychik post=32155904][/quote]

*smiles* tank u miss Rose, I like ur outfit on ur dp cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by cyril83(m): 7:00am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
watching TV wasn't a doctrine. It was just a church tradition. Doctrines are different from traditions.

When i say doctrine i mean doctrinal tradition, there is nothing like self tradition in the church of God, whatever your believe, it has to be guilded by the scripture.

Church tradition has to go in line with the scripture
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by ndiyeauwa: 7:05am On Mar 30, 2015
It seems this admirable man of GOD has received the call to "put his house in order" before exiting the world's platform. He is beginning to talk the way my dad did shortly before his passing on..

Hmmm.. by the way, what was it apostle Sulaiman said about a very long standing pastor's passing?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kingphilip(m): 7:18am On Mar 30, 2015
Ishilove:
Why does he sound like he is going to die soon? sad
I thought as much wen he was saying that but he later said he isn't going soon

he still has long years ahead
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kingphilip(m): 7:23am On Mar 30, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Change is good.

Meawhile,he should scrap the useless doctrine of not allowing his members to have television sets. I can't stand my neighbour's kids coming to my house almost everyday to watch cartoon and their parents to come watch news just because kumuyi banned them from owning television sets.
he banned anybody from owning a television set?? come on please show me a place he said that

deeper life went on air previously what will people use to watch it? is it not a television?? stop saying things u never know

I've been in deeper life for as long as I can remember but never a day have I had him saying they should not use television
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by MzJackBaueress(f): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2015
kingphilip:
he banned anybody from owning a television set?? come on please show me a place he said that

deeper life went on air previously what will people use to watch it? is it not a television?? stop saying things u never know

I've been in deeper life for as long as I can remember but never a day have I had him saying they should not use television
so do you have a television in your house?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 7:25am On Mar 30, 2015
okotv:
why is he now changing everything now that he want to go? he never told any of his church members that those doctrine were man made, why is he saying it now?
do you know how many beautiful girls they have rendered old unmarried women?
even the laws governing marriage alone can make the man discourage
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by khassy(m): 7:32am On Mar 30, 2015
one of the best pastors I've ever seen

God bless your age

#Respect

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by Chigold101(m): 7:34am On Mar 30, 2015
Samneer:

Have you forgotten that some doctrines, though false, are persistently practiced by people, which later become something they observe continuously, which in turn is known as tradition. What you go to church to do every sunday, what is it if I may ask?
well dear friend doctrines are bible based teachings just as noblealuu has written before. Dogmas which is also tradition is what a church or denominations put in place to run their organisations. Going to church on sunday is a tradition not a doctrine. Becasue christians in islamic countries worship on fridays while there is a place in Taraba where they worship on mondays. Christians in Jerusalem after Christ resurection where meetng every firstday of the week. That is how sunday worship started. Hebrew writer also told not to forsake the gathering of the beleivers. Christ personally never instituted anyday as a day of worship. His followers were bared from coming into the synagogue after his death and resuraction.

Doctrines are ever green teachings of Jesus Christ which no man can change. Changing it makes u anti-Christ.
Do not commit fornication
Do not steal
Holy communion
Water baptism
Believe in the death of Christ & the gift of the holy ghost are all doctrines.

My point is that DOCTRINES dont become TRADITIONS with time, they remain doctrines

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by paxonel(m): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2015
that his son who married Jamaican girl, I love that guy. let him come and take over the church, we will we will sack kumuyi and turn the church to christembassey,
any pastor and old man or woman who don't like it will go away with their long skirts.
Young people are you with me?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by BizBloke(m): 7:46am On Mar 30, 2015
omenka:
Even Kumuyi has caught the #Change fever. grin

Sai Baba Kumuyi.
Sai Baba.

Lmao!grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by kernel504(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2015
noblealuu:
You seem not to understand the difference between church doctrines and traditions, there r two different things, go check up!

Uncle, what's the difference between church doctrines and traditions? Because the practice of a doctrine for a long time called tradition. Are they no more sets of believe and practices of a church... Please if it has another meaning, can you educate us, thanks.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by logoscope(m): 8:03am On Mar 30, 2015
ifeness:

From a god that does not exist? Are you kidding me?
Are you a yoruba? If yes I'm sure you do believe in charms. I'm sure you also belive in magic, scorcey, etc But you don't belive in God. How ironic.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi To Scrap Some Church Traditions And Doctrines by logoscope(m): 8:04am On Mar 30, 2015
How many times do I have remind pastors that I am made righteous because of Jesus Christ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Welcome To church Of Satan / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.