Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,368 members, 7,800,740 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? (57018 Views)

Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS / My Younger Brother Wants To Marry At 24 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by olola4(m): 4:53pm On Mar 29, 2015
It happened last Thursday when my brother-in-law came back from school because of the election. I was outside the house doing some stuff when I heard my wife and her brother arguing over a political matter.

After i finished with what I was doing I went inside the house to join in the discussion, and to my greatest surprise I saw my wife half naked.

Immediately I left the room and she followed me not knowing why I left the room like that. I explained to her that I didn't like it. To my greatest disappointment when my wife will reply me, she just said "it's nothing".

Please to my fellow nairalanders. I want to ask is it right? Because since that time I have been confused.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by GboyegaD(m): 4:59pm On Mar 29, 2015
I guess she doesn't see it as a big deal however, the brother should be sensible enough to excuse himself while she was dressing up.

82 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by apholaryn: 5:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
no let Higb BP kill u o..no bigdeal..tho d bro shld have excused d sis

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Cutehector(m): 5:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
And d younger brother can't go away wen she wants to UnCloth? Mtchew!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by DickDastardly(m): 5:04pm On Mar 29, 2015
Its no big deal truely. Maybe thats how they grew up. Some families are like that. Just let her know you aint comfortable with that. Case closed! wink

186 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by alberto2k(m): 5:05pm On Mar 29, 2015
Nothing wrong with that except if the brother is a perv and a вαรтαяδ angry

13 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
no biggie. there are some families that are very close dat even the mother will be dressing infrnt of the kids.
op, wat are u scared of? that he'll steal her from u? he's her brother! nawa o.

129 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by thorpido(m): 5:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
There are some families who grew up that way,like my neighbours.
Just let your wife know that now that you are married,there has to be some adjustments.Let her do her dressing up in your bedroom.

17 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ronald4lif(m): 5:14pm On Mar 29, 2015
Wrong!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by domopps(m): 5:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Op no need to be scared now! Afterall it's her Bro and not yours I even wonder what you would have done if it were to be your own brother!

And According to you he doesn't stay with you guys! So no need of bringing your wife's unclothedness issue 2 Nairaland b4 some felas would start asking you for picture or they don't blv you!

But let her no that you are not just okay with the idea and she shld just note that! And which shld died there and then!

Wish you success in your home!

Team peace

Cheeers

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by samonom(m): 5:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
Take it easy, let her know dat she is Married now, some family are used to it. Talk with her she might ignore it first but later she at just.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
Cutehector:
And d younger brother can't go away wen she wants to UnCloth? Mtchew!
Maybe they use to live in a one room apartment.

13 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by Ishilove: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
It's no big deal to me. He's my brother, for God's sakes. What am I hiding from him that he hasn't seen since we were kids?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by chachanga: 5:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
this issue again, smh?!

if ur from these parts, you shouldn't be too miffed; it's no biggy to most folks practising it.

chai, i even had a friend who's family took baths etc together, imagine? To manage water, save time...whatever? The particular day I stumbled on my pal's married Sis in the bath along with the konji overload my mid-teens mind suffered for days, I just kept wondering what universe these guys came from. As you can expect, both his elder and junior sis were my fantasy crushes for months after.

the shortfalls can be really life-damaging. Minus the culture shock value, a lot of other stuffs could happen especially when you add extended or distant relatives to the mix; na breeding ground for incest be that.

OP, no need to spark for your wifey; i can tell it's still a young marriage. Just let her know you two aint gonna be building your home and training your kids like dat, chikena. God bless, go and enjoy ya wifey and

REMEMBER TO GO VOTE IF U HAVEN'T ALREADY!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by austine4real(m): 5:26pm On Mar 29, 2015
U mean he saw all her assets(big oranges/water melion&big yans?)
walked out of d room wt èr3cted d1ck

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 5:33pm On Mar 29, 2015
It's wrong. No respect.

My cousin brother is two years younger but he'll get out of the house if anyone (female) is about to take a bath. In our culture privacy is very important, just like I can't just enter his room without knocking 1st.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ireneidiva(f): 5:49pm On Mar 29, 2015
PunkyOh:
It's wrong. No respect.

My cousin brother is two years younger but he'll get out of the house if anyone (female) is about to take a bath. In our culture privacy is very important, just like I can't just enter his room without knocking 1st.
Just say 'cousin'. what is 'cousin brother'?

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 5:56pm On Mar 29, 2015
ireneidiva:

Just say 'cousin'. what is 'cousin brother'?

No I don't want to say 'cousin'!
We have our own way of speaking, you have yours.

25 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ireneidiva(f): 6:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
PunkyOh:

Madam, don't be angry. I thought it was the same English language we were speaking. No offence meant. Bye

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by chykedee: 6:01pm On Mar 29, 2015
Facebook.com/troubleemakerzzentertainment
ireneidiva:

AMadam, don't be angry. I thought it was the same English language we were speaking. No offence meant. Bye

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 6:03pm On Mar 29, 2015
ireneidiva:

Madam, don't be angry. I thought it was the same English language we were speaking. No offence meant. Bye

You got the point is all that matters to me. Bye.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by ireneidiva(f): 6:07pm On Mar 29, 2015
chykedee:
Facebook.com/troubleemakerzzentertainment
Hehehehe. Innocent me.
Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by cococandy(f): 6:34pm On Mar 29, 2015
It's not a big deal Oga.
Half unclad means she even had some clothes on like a bra or underwear not like she was butt nekid (that would be gross)
Most people can wear underwear in the presence of their siblings.

But now she knows you don't like it, I'm sure she will stop it.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by nurey(m): 9:10pm On Mar 29, 2015
Its not a big deal to girls, it shows how they were brought up, my sisters too do it infact they prefer I help them with their bra and co even when other girls are around. If they a dressing up, I don't need anybody to tell me its time to leave. Infact once I am in a girls room I always tell her to tell me to excuse her if she is about to be unclad or needs to sleep or change, me no like to they see all those things.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by kandiikane(m): 1:44am On Mar 30, 2015
PunkyOh:
It's wrong. No respect.

Ehn, which culture exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 6:21am On Mar 30, 2015
kandiikane:

Ehn, which culture exactly?

Mine.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by zed7: 6:32am On Mar 30, 2015
It may not be bad but since u nor like am, u nor like am. Simple.
Meanwhile I stopped my wife from going naked to her sisters room, when she came to visit us.
My reason is simple. I have paid for the body and I alone deserve the right to see it naked.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 6:54am On Mar 30, 2015
Learn to take corrections! Constructive criticisms help develop intelligent people! It's appalling that you went through secondary school and can still say "cousin brother". Like she said, it's "cousin"; if you want to differentiate further, you can say "male cousin". Thanks for taking the correction!

PunkyOh:

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 6:57am On Mar 30, 2015
What an excuse for mediocrity! Naija must get better! Let's seek for excellence in all we do!

That's the white man's secret! No half-measures!!

PunkyOh:

You got the point is all that matters to me. Bye.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 6:59am On Mar 30, 2015
internetpirate:
What an excuse for mediocrity! Naija must get better! Let's seek for excellence in all we do!

That's the white man's secret! No half-measures!!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by PunkyOh(f): 7:03am On Mar 30, 2015
internetpirate:
Learn to take corrections! Constructive criticisms help develop intelligent people! It's appalling that you went through secondary school and can still say "cousin brother". Like she said, it's "cousin"; if you want to differentiate further, you can say "male cousin". Thanks for taking the correction!

LOL, I know what a male cousin is & no I won't take correction for a word I chose deliberately. My English is flawless. Thank you.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Married Woman To Be Dressing In Front Of Her Younger Brother? by internetpirate: 7:38am On Mar 30, 2015
Assuming it is your personal slang for your friends etc, do you think it's particularly intelligent/wise to use it in a public forum? Since you are so good in English and deliberately choose words at random! Part of English writing is the address to "audience" and one chooses words that are most appropriate to the audience. What you use for informal narratives is not the same with what you use for formal narratives!

Now, don't take this personal, but I just feel it's time to speak up on this growing trend on Nairaland! Someone writes atrocious English, and when corrected, the bandwagon descends on the critic, often suggesting that he/she should draw meaning from the mumbo-jumbo, instead of correcting the anomaly and setting a standard for intelligent discourse!

Why I am gravely worried by this trend is because I see it as a reflection of our Nigerian society where mediocrity, poor controls and lack of excellence are rife! We spend time chanting change, yet the change we truly need is a "mindset change"!!! Can we start aiming for the sky in all our endeavours?!!!
Can we start criticising our general performance through structured reviews so that lessons-learnt can reflect in improved performance

Cousin brother doesn't seem like a major faux pas (no matter how you try to burnish it!), but it is part of the canker worms that are eating at our national marrow!! My apologies my "cousin sister"!!

PunkyOh:

LOL, I know what a male cousin is & no I won't take correction for a word I chose deliberately. My English is flawless. Thank you.

69 Likes 22 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

"My Wife Secretly Married Another Man, Tried To Poison Me & Sell My Duplex" / Moment Terrified Mum Saw Her Jobless 17yr Old Son's N50m Mercedes Benz -pics/vid / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.