Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,031 members, 7,799,510 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Is It Just Me? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Just Me? (3754 Views)

To All Those Who Claim Evolution Doesn't Make Sense And It's Just A Theory / There Are No Such Things As Witches And Wizards; It's Just A Psychiatric Issue / Is It Just Me Or Non Muslims Cant Post On Islamic Threads??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2015
Am I the only sista atheist on Nairaland? sad
Re: Is It Just Me? by Hawlahscho(m): 7:11pm On Mar 29, 2015
If you ask me _____________
Re: Is It Just Me? by lirusehn(m): 8:06pm On Mar 29, 2015
AmALilgodSoDontQuoteMe:
you sure know it looks odd reason why you here crying US a river called Benue.

nobody gives a hoot about your existence
nobody gives a spoon about your mindset.

I don't advertise my state of bin a Christian so plz do endeavour to stop seeking attention . good night
Re: Is It Just Me? by iPopAlomo(m): 9:15pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:

Apparently... r u lonely...?!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 9:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
On Nairaland...yea. cry
Re: Is It Just Me? by iPopAlomo(m): 9:23pm On Mar 29, 2015
Maybe you shouldn't let everyone know your status...
Re: Is It Just Me? by iPopAlomo(m): 9:25pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:
On Nairaland...yea. cry

on religion... just blend in... seamlessly... and you'll be fine...
Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 9:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
iPopAlomo:

on religion... just blend in... seamlessly... and you'll be fine...

NO, I am lonely as a female atheist on Nairaland, I pretend to blend in in real life. grin

3 Likes

Re: Is It Just Me? by iPopAlomo(m): 9:40pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:

NO, I am lonely as a female atheist on Nairaland, I pretend to blend in in real life. grin

I understand... for a while... you'll still be the only female atheist... for a while... until then... you should mix with the make atheists... then again... I'm not sure you need a body...
Re: Is It Just Me? by malvisguy212: 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:
why do you chose evil? Chose life and live ,I gave you my word, God will come very soon. The bible say;
Ecclesiastes 12:1
Remember also your Creator in the days
of your youth, before the evil days come
and the years draw near of which you
will say, “I have no pleasure in them”;

And open you mind and read this verse below;
Ecclesiastes 4:6
Better one handful with rest than two
handfuls with effort and a pursuit of the
wind.

foolishly expect more satisfaction in sloth and idleness. But idleness is a sin that is its own punishment.
Re: Is It Just Me? by johnydon22(m): 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:
lmoa nope you are not most of them are always on ghost mode. . Nana228 is one too tho.. and also one of my best friends on whatsapp tho we met here in nairaland.. smiley
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Mar 29, 2015
Dolemite:

Ofcourse, you're the only female Atheist & digger of Peruvian Gold on Nairaland. grin

www.nairaland.com/1858106/seun-osewa-marry-me
Re: Is It Just Me? by taiwo850629: 11:32am On Mar 30, 2015
Could we be friends?
Re: Is It Just Me? by timmy2409(m): 12:26pm On Mar 30, 2015
Off the top of my head, there's rinrin23, and possibly EnlightenedSoul
Re: Is It Just Me? by Redoil: 1:25pm On Mar 30, 2015
Dolemite:
may be yea may be nay.
Life is harsh and difficult and people tend to mostly do things base on what they believe is right as long as they are not stepping on the any body toe and the law.
I will suggest you do some serious soul searching about God again maybe you will find him maybe not. For if you seek him you will surely find him.
Note i am not forcing you to do it it is just a matter of choice.
I will encourage you to think for ur self and all so all others the priveldge to do so too.
Re: Is It Just Me? by nana228(f): 2:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
Re: Is It Just Me? by nana228(f): 2:02pm On Mar 30, 2015
Re: Is It Just Me? by johnydon22(m): 2:19pm On Mar 30, 2015
nana228:
Lol, which one is ghost mode again?
Lol my nana is here smiley . . . Ghost mode is a mode whereby someone just reads posts but don't comment.
Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 30, 2015
Dolemite:

no sweetheart. you not the only atheist. I'm a female and atheist.

I create this account to answer yu.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Mar 30, 2015
timmy2409:
Off the top of my head, there's rinrin23, and possibly EnlightenedSoul

Nah, I can't pretend. Atheists and religious people are virtually two sides to the same dinky coin IMHO. Both claiming to know what they can/do not.
Re: Is It Just Me? by Redlyn: 7:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Nah, I can't pretend. Atheists and religious people are virtually two sides to the same dinky coin IMHO. Both claiming to know what they can/do not.

That is not true.
I am an agnostic atheist. Or a weak atheist. I dont claim to know anything. (Female too for the benefit of the op).
My position is that I lack belief in what theists are saying. Thats it! I simply do not believe them. That is what atheism is at a basic level.
I am deliberately not saying a God certainly does not exist as I cannot know that.

eg If you tell me you have 100 million dollars in your account. I will definitely lack belief as this is a Huge claim with no evidence, but i will not say I know for sure you dont have that, as i dont know you.

Other atheists (strong/positive atheists) go a step further and assert that God does not exist. Not all atheists hold that view. Just like not all Christians are catholic.

So now I am interested, what do you believe.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Just Me? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Apr 06, 2015
Redlyn:

That is not true.
I am an agnostic atheist. Or a weak atheist. I dont claim to know anything. (Female too for the benefit of the op).
My position is that I lack belief in what theists are saying. Thats it! I simply do not believe them. That is what atheism is at a basic level.
I am deliberately not saying a God certainly does not exist as I cannot know that.

eg If you tell me you have 100 million dollars in your account. I will definitely lack belief as this is a Huge claim with no evidence, but i will not say I know for sure you dont have that, as i dont know you.

Other atheists (strong/positive atheists) go a step further and assert that God does not exist. Not all atheists hold that view. Just like not all Christians are catholic.

So now I am interested, what do you believe.

Yes, I understand your view. My post was written in reference to what you referred to as the "positive/strong" atheist. I've found that questioning a truly religious person, and a "strong" atheist draws some distinct (and interestingly similar) patterns and parallels. IME, at least. I still hold that they're essentially two sides to the same coin.
Re: Is It Just Me? by davien(m): 5:38pm On Apr 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

Yes, I understand your view. My post was written in reference to what you referred to as the "positive/strong" atheist. I've found that questioning a truly religious person, and a "strong" atheist draws some distinct (and interestingly similar) patterns and parallels. IME, at least. I still hold that they're essentially two sides to the same coin.
Actually strong atheists really do present their case very well....unlike strong theists.

1 Like

Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 11:32pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dolemite:
seeking for like minds
Do you believe in scientific view of life?
Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 11:35pm On Apr 06, 2015
JustCare:

seeking for like minds
Do you believe in scientific view of life?

Yea.
Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 11:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:

so you're neither a theist not an atheist
Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 11:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Dolemite:

Yea.
Then can we go to the origins....
The beginning of creation at the universe level or the level of our galaxy, anyone you prefer?
Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 11:54pm On Apr 06, 2015
JustCare:

Then can we go to the origins....
The beginning of creation at the universe level or the level of our galaxy, anyone you prefer?

Just get to the point...

1 Like

Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 12:04am On Apr 07, 2015
Dolemite:

Just get to the point...
just have a question.
what is actually behind the orderly arrangement of the galaxy and the resultant effects of evolution of different creatures?
Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 12:17am On Apr 07, 2015
JustCare:

just have a question.
what is actually behind the orderly arrangement of the galaxy and the resultant effects of evolution of different creatures?

I have no freaking idea, consider this illustration, a village untouched by civilization suddenly sees a cellphone in the sand, it makes noises and the technology is way too advanced for them, the village witchdoctor declares that the 'GODS' are responsible for this mysterious device and the village dances and praises the GODS, I am that villager who doesn't buy into it instead has faith that there must be some logical explanation for it even though I have no freaking idea how such a wonderful device could ever be created by man.

I have no idea how this wonderful creation called earth came to be, but I do not believe the bible's explanation because it doesn't make any sense.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Just Me? by JustCare: 12:39am On Apr 07, 2015
Dolemite:

I have no freaking idea, consider this illustration, a village untouched by civilization suddenly sees a cellphone in the sand, it makes noises and the technology is way too advanced for them, the village witchdoctor declares that the 'GODS' are responsible for this mysterious device and the village dances and praises the GODS, I am that villager who doesn't buy into it instead has faith that there must be some logical explanation for it even though I have no freaking idea how such a wonderful device could ever be created by man.

I have no idea how this wonderful creation called earth came to be, but I do not believe the bible's explanation because it doesn't make any sense.
exactly!
faith creped in as a result of illogical reasoning.

same with most thisday so-called Christians.
Faith has served as a substitute for illogical reasoning.

I only wanted you to ask some questions to yourself and try to be convinced with any answer you will take in.

Note: you don't need to believe anything but need only conviction which could only arise as a result of strict logical examination.

Danke!
Re: Is It Just Me? by Dolemite(f): 12:53am On Apr 07, 2015
JustCare:

exactly!
faith creped in as a result of illogical reasoning.

same with most thisday so-called Christians.
Faith has served as a substitute for illogical reasoning.

I only wanted you to ask some questions to yourself and try to be convinced with any answer you will take in.

Note: you don't need to believe anything but need only conviction which could only arise as a result of strict logical examination.

Danke!

I am guessing you are one of those logical Christians, so what's your explanation for the orderliness of the universe?

(1) (2) (Reply)

An Atheist Chat With A Christian (picture) / Muslim Lady Alhaja Amina Dies And Sees The Gates Of Heaven And Jumps For Joy / Hypocrisy Of Religious People On DNA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.