Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. (1049 Views)

Evander Holyfield Fights Bola Tinubu In Lagos, Wole Soyinka Is Referee-pm NEWS / Gentlemen, I Have Just Been Informed That There Is Going To Be A Coup Tonight / Poll From Office Of The Vice President about N5000 Disbursement to Poor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by Lekewatt(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2015
In a blockbuster new interview, Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has told The Guardian (UK) that until he told President Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian leader did not know for an entire five days that Morocco, a friendly but angry country, had withdrawn its ambassador from Nigeria........ Prof. Wole Soyinka “He jumped up as if his seat was on fire,” he said of the moment Jonathan learned of the situation, adding that it was that night that the president made a public statement about it for the first time. “So when I say that there is a force around, I know what I’m talking about. There is a very sinister force in control and it is that sinister cabal which is responsible for caging him in and showing him what they think he should know about and keeping awayfrom him things which are not in their interest, and this for me is the most dangerous situation that any nation can be in.”

1 Like

Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by Jelo4kul(m): 7:41am On Mar 30, 2015
K
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by missbehave247(m): 7:43am On Mar 30, 2015
Strange, hope they settle their grivances soon
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by ademoladeji(m): 7:54am On Mar 30, 2015
No pills for cluelessness
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by gab264(m): 7:56am On Mar 30, 2015
Lekewatt:
In a blockbuster new interview, Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka has told The Guardian (UK) that until he told President Goodluck Jonathan, the Nigerian leader did not know for an entire five days that Morocco, a friendly but angry country, had withdrawn its ambassador from Nigeria........ Prof. Wole Soyinka “He jumped up as if his seat was on fire,” he said of the moment Jonathan learned of the situation, adding that it was that night that the president made a public statement about it for the first time. “So when I say that there is a force around, I know what I’m talking about. There is a very sinister force in control and it is that sinister cabal which is responsible for caging him in and showing him what they think he should know about and keeping awayfrom him things which are not in their interest, and this for me is the most dangerous situation that any nation can be in.”
prof i advive u to go and write a novel about that,since ur a noble prize winner of folk tales.......
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by teebabsman(m): 8:01am On Mar 30, 2015
Prof. should go and sit down.
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by nerodenero: 8:05am On Mar 30, 2015
Source?

It is obvious so many things are wrong with the Jonathan-led administration but over time, he has refused to do-able with people who are bent on destroying the nation.

Crush the cabal or not, either way, they will bring you down. Is the President not in a difficult situation as the election results are being released? He would have brought down the cabal and history won't forget him. I just wondered what he would be remembered for!
Re: Soyinka, 'I Informed The President About Morocco'. by CharlesPhc: 8:39am On Mar 30, 2015
Prof has now become 'Hon. Minister of Information' to GEJ personally...!!! Congrats Sir

(1) (Reply)

Exposed -PDP At Campaigns INEC At Elections In Rivers States / Mimiko Recalls Sacked Council Workers, Waives Promotion Exams / Fayose Has Finally Won The Impeachment Battle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.