Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,952 members, 7,806,755 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around (927 Views)

. / Dapfor Wpf Gridcontrol / Urgent Need Of A Ebook For Wpf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by kudaisi(m): 10:14am On Mar 30, 2015
I love and adore the WPF concept of using XAML (which a subset of XML) for my user interface and C# for the program logic. It affords me the ability to use a Model View ViewModel (MVVM) while maintaining a Domain Driven Design (DDD) approach to software engineering. This in turn makes it possible to use the same code for both web, desktop and mobile application. The difference being that in the desktop and mobile the UI will be done with XAML while the Web Interface uses HTML.

It took me a while to catch a grasp of it however. All said and done, strangely i haven't seen a post that has to do with WPF since i resumed posting in Nairaland programming section. Are they any other WPF enthusiast out there ?
Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by elfico(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2015
Sure. Am also an enthusiast. I created a media ?layer with it and it was cool. Am still learning it though.
Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by larisoft: 12:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
Me too.. used it to build a desktop app. Moving from windows form to it was "Drinking a cup of cold water after just emerging from hell"
Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by elfico(m): 2:13pm On Apr 05, 2015
larisoft:
Me too.. used it to build a desktop app. Moving from windows form to it was "Drinking a cup of cold water after just emerging from hell"
you are telling me. The UI builder was just awesome. And the ease with which it can be converted to web makes it even more interesting.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by PenSoftCorp(m): 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2015
i used it to build a mad, crazy app, that was my first xaml app,
Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by kudaisi(m): 9:10am On Apr 07, 2015
Try using blend to create 3D models and export it to XAML. You can create all sort of simulations scenario even 3D games. Pretty cool.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by elfico(m): 2:11pm On Apr 07, 2015
kudaisi:
Try using blender to create 3D models and export it to XAML. You can create all sort of simulations scenario even 3D games. Pretty cool.
cool. Have u tried this before?
Re: Are There Any Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) Programmers Around by blenyo11(m): 11:24am On Apr 15, 2015
I have been into this for three years now. It cool
This is the fuel of my business management suite

(1) (Reply)

The USPF Hackathon 2015 Is Live!!! / The A - Z Of How To Change Who See Your Blog / Glo Modem For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.