Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal (3624 Views)

William Gallas Is Now Arsenal New Captain. / William Gallas To Leave Chelsea For Italy? / Don't U Think Gallas Is A Camerounian! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Akolawole(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2006
I cant believe this.

This is a Player i respect so much.

Last week, Didier Drogba ask him to put up or Shut up.

Jose Mourinho ask him to call a Press conference to tell the whole world of what is happening.

I did not take this to mean anything until my friends started disturbing me with numerous phone calls while sleeping.

The fact remains he ask for wages that levels with Terry and Lampard.
   ##He refuse to join up with the team in America
   ##Without any regard for the team, he went straight to Heathrow  trainning ground and plays with the second team.
   ## His family keep on talking to English press from their country in the carribean.

Please read the full text: http://www.chelseafc.com/article.asp?hlid=414157&title=Gallas+threatened+to+score+own+goal&nav=news

IF THIS IS TRUE, i will never like this player again.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Akolawole(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2006
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by toptho(f): 9:17pm On Sep 04, 2006
why chelsea felt they had to bring this statement out is beyond me.nobody looks good in this scenario.till it's confirmed gallas did say that i do not believe them.This is the same club that came out with the statements that they did not meet ashley cole and mourinho was not in town during that period,which were all found out to be lies.
And who is drogba to tell someone to put up or shut up when he too was quoted as saying he wanted to leave the club.Abeg this just smells like sour grapes in chelsea's case.
Arsenal has their player,they have their player i dont know what this wld solve
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by kitaun(m): 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2006
And so? grin cool
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by LoverBwoy(m): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2006
see propaganda, they trying to rubbish the guys name
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Jackal(m): 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2006
Chelsea can go to hell.
They are only trying to DRAG the dude's name in mud n scum.
Gallas is a professional and he would never score an own goal. Thats gross!
I believe Owen Hargreaves will score an own goal at Bayern Munich this season.
Peter Kenyon is a fat bi*tch -no wonder we kicked him out of Man Utd.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Fimmy(m): 11:58pm On Sep 04, 2006
i too gbadun Gallas
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Akolawole(m): 12:21am On Sep 05, 2006
Jackal:

Chelsea can go to hell.
They are only trying to DRAG the dude's name in mud n scum.
Gallas is a professional and he would never score an own goal. Thats gross!

LoverBwoy:

see propaganda, they trying to rubbish the guys name

1) Is Gallas the first player to leave Chelsea/

No

2) Is he Chelsea best ever Player?

No

3) Why did we ignore what he said about Zidane during the World cup?

My simple analysis is :

We know Gallas as a very very good footballer and we completely dont want to hear anything about his other side.

He has left Chelsea which is OKAY but lets look at this from another angle.

Can he do it?

What could cause him to say he's not going to play a match, etc ?
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by LoverBwoy(m): 12:26am On Sep 05, 2006
when reyes said he'll never play in England again, i don't see wenger saying "i want him to rot in reserves"

Chelsea is a club where players are not respected one bit!
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by otolorin(m): 10:47am On Sep 05, 2006
dis is wat i tink
if a player has a rue with the coach, wants to leave the club, - wen he's contract isn't xpired, and d side is not willing to let him go - wu's gonna lose?

i think its d player!

i'm only tinking
'cos come to think of it, should murinho be unable to reach an agreement with wenger, i mean the 2 sides not reaching a profitable junction as at deadline, what would happen to cole n gallas? - dey'll have to sit with their clubs!

now when dat happens, - as a professional, the next thing is to move on - i mean, adjust or rather, accept your fate, and in order to keep you name and value, play good football - at least to keep the 1st team shirt in the case of this duo and to keep fit as well.

now, should gallas threaten to score own goals, and he goes on to do so - it will definitely be 4 only 1 match, cos not in the world would he be featured again for that side ( - xcept he apologises n shows remorse anyways) and den wat happens, he rots in bench till contract expiration

i dont think any player, prof or unprof will want to rot in bench, at least for keepin fit's sake.

so, i'm still tinkin anyways, dat why would gallas say such - if he really did say such according to the management at stamford bridge!
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Jackal(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2006
@ otolorin,
If u believe Gallas actually threatened to score an own goal then u will believe anything.
How can a professional footballer say that to a club that pays his bills?
It's gross and Gallas has already come out to say his stand on the allegations.
I know Gallas is not the only player to leave Chelsea like AKOLA pointed but he is the 1st player under Mourinho to join Arsenal(a rival club).
This is not something Mourinho wld have wanted but Peter Kenyon wanted Ashley Cole and Mourinho's hands were tied.

Chelsea is just a lying club and what do u expect in a management that has a cunning Pete Kenyon as an exceutive?
The whole Chelsea foundation reeks of lies, deception and corruption.
I wld have expected Chelsea to wish him good luck for his immeasurable contributions to Chelski's back to back titles rather than try to kill his career.
Gallas has affirmed Chelsea leaders lack class and he has a point if u look at the various tapping-up scandals they have gotten into in the last 18 months.
Remember Ken Bates is still fighting 'em on anutha issue entirely so something is def'ly wrong with the Stamford Bridge outfit.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Priscila(f): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2006
seriously why all the crap now?
Is it because Chelsea feel threatened Gallas is in arsenal?
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by otolorin(m): 11:50am On Sep 05, 2006
@jackal
hmmm - still tinking
i read d bbc report as regards dis case - n saw gallas' stand
still tinkin tho' - neva said i believed antyhin yet - but i'll soon b believin 1 party

otolorin:

this is what i think

i'm only tinking
'because come to think of it, should murinho be unable to reach an agreement with wenger, i mean the 2 sides not reaching a profitable junction as at deadline, what would happen to cole n gallas? - dey'll have to sit with their clubs!

now, should gallas threaten to score own goals, and he goes on to do so - it will definitely be 4 only 1 match, because not in the world would he be featured again for that side ( - xcept he apologises n shows remorse anyways) and den what happens, he rots in bench till contract expiration

i don't think any player, prof or unprof will want to rot in bench, at least for keepin fit's sake.

so, i'm still tinkin anyways, that why would gallas say such - if he really did say such according to the management at stamford bridge!

just still tinkin at d moment.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by loyika(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2006
Every one has always known that Chelsea was a club with no class, if you have ever lived in England or have been following british football before the Prem came into existence, you would have no qualms with this statement cause it is an open secret that Chelsea were always one of the most thuggishs Football clubs there was in the southern region of England (however the real honours went to Wimbledon FC cool). Their fans were well known as hooligans and players like Dennis Wise and Gavin Peacock epitomised that Rouge image (even though i could say this was as a result of the height of these players, even John Spencer was short cheesy).

Former owner/chairman Ken Bates was even worst, however towards the latter parts of his Chairmanship he brought a certain bit of class to the Chelsea outfit with players like Gullit, Vialli, Zola and co turning Chelsea into the "beautiful team", which they had the priviledge of being called pre Wenger's Arsenal.

Now the coming of the Trinity "Roman/Jose/Peter" has undone all that work and have turned Chelsea into the seige mentality club extraordina!!, even Sir Alex in all his years could not have predicted that there would be a club which everyone in England would hated far worst than Manchester United!! however its Sir Alex (and Jackal) we have to thank for giving us Peter Kenyon cry, he only took what he learnt at United to Chelski, as they say "Bring a child up in the ways of United, and he will never depart from it!? better yet he will improve on what he has learnt".

Now Chelsea is becoming more like the Mafia cool. whats all this bulls@#t reference on "the Family!?" I for one had always on Arsenal Forums questioned Le Prof turning the Arsenal team into the French Cabal, which ultimately alienated the english players and to a large extent the english football supporters from totally identifying with Arsenal FC as their own cry, but i must say Chelsea not only take the biscuit, but the whole F@#king bakery!? angry

Anyway here are objective, Unbiased views on the whole Gallas schism

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1864949,00.html

and

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2006/09/05/chelsea_and_arsenal_strike_new.html

although my thoughs on this issue are more on the line of this

http://www.arseblog.com/WP/index.php

and this from Myles palmer

[b]THERE IS NEVER A SILENCE from Chelsea, is there ?

After Mourinho called Makelele a slave, Chelsea have now issued a statement saying Gallas threatened to score an own goal if he was picked for them again.

They say he asked for £100,00 a week and turned down £70,000 a week and had "an illegal meeting with AC Milan."

Crikey! An illegal meeting like the one Ashley Cole had with Mourinho and Kenyon! Appalling disloyalty ! Where was the meeting? The Royal Park Hotel ?

It's all pretty horrible but Chelsea will implode soon.

There is no style there, no soul, their own fans were bored last season and giving up their season tickets to friends. It's just not fun for many of their fans.They've bought two titles but they've taken the sport out of football.

The oligarchs achieved the legal rape of a continent's mineral wealth and then Roman Abramovich came over here and took from us something we have had since 1888.

The mother of leagues started in 1888 and every year for the next 112 years we have talked about who will win the league.

The English always talk about the weather, the royal family, and who will win the league. Now we know who will win the league, so we don't talk about it any more.

Still, I'm sure this will be Mourinho's last season.
Overall, it's what you expect from a silent billionaire and a marketing bozo from Manchester. They're not hip and they have no sense of league and they will never have any class.

And that is the point William Gallas himself has made.

Gallas, talking at Clairefontaine yesterday, said, "I spent five years at Chelsea.In those five years, I always gave my best and I showed how honoured I was to be wearing the shirt. That means very, very little to Chelsea. Chelsea might have lots of money, but those new directors lack class."[/b]

I will say this finally, Money might get you lots of things, but it will never get you Respect and Class (and History!!) that my dear friends is earned not bought!!

cool GONNER 89
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by lalaboi(m): 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2006
this issue is simple. they said he threatened to score an own goal. but dats nt d only accusation.
he denied only the scoring an own goal, he didnt deny saying he wasnt going to play.
i think what might have happend was dat he threatened to make delibrate mistakes which could also result to an own goal. so its still d same thing.
gallas did threaten to make delibrate mistakes which chelsea used 'own goal' as a synonym 4 dis. i think gallas is tryn to say isthat, dat own goal didnt come out 4rm his mouth. lol.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by bolaoni(m): 1:03pm On Sep 05, 2006
@lala

How are you sure? I was shocked to read this news on Soccernet yesterday and Gallas has come out to state his own stand!

So many players have been debared from joining the club of their choice and heaven has not fell, so why should Gallas case be different?

Maybe we need to have a new definition to the word PROFESSIONALISM then. Maybe with all these we can say the likes of Bayern made a mistake of holding on to Hargraves when he has made his intention known openly.

I have never been comfortable with these people @ Chelsea and I'm sure they are taking this too far. Why they decided to come out with this "revelation" at this period is what baffles me. embarassed
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Priscila(f): 1:06pm On Sep 05, 2006
@ everyone
Gallas has denied the allegations afterall they are not charges.
Chelsea should leave my only Gallas alone.abi!
I wonder the fuss when the dude made it clear last season he wanted to move to Milan.
Mourinho is just a walking foot in mouth plus his club.
those are fruits of Chelsea's loose spending habits even that Drogba is not comfortable there, so he better shut his trap forever or hurl his back on Arsenal bench.They will lose more come next season.
What's up men!

O- o -h guys! lest i forget just open your ears to Mourinhos shenanigans and at the end of the season we will give Kola,Grizzly,amodu  some roles to play in a movie.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by loyika(m): 1:12pm On Sep 05, 2006
Dear friend this issue is not as simply as you make it sound. ChelseaFC are going out of their way to discredit a Professional Player because he dared challenge "THE ANOINTED TRINITY AND THE FAMILY!?"

Right now Chelsea are gradually sinking into battles on so many fronts, and i trully believe it will eventually take its pound of flesh.

A, charges brought about from former Onwer Ken Bates
B, troubles btw Chelsea/FIFA and French Football Ass
C, what does Chelsea/Barca 3 have in store for us?? cheesy
D, the Gallas/ cole saga still hasn't rolled to a stop, expect more fireworks, esp if Cole gets the ok to release his book
E, Maureen's new found eninimity with Benitez and renewal of hatred with Le Prof

And the list goes on.

So you see, this season is not going to be easy for Chelsea FC, and i ain't refering to football!!
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Grizzly(m): 1:59pm On Sep 05, 2006
Well whats the big deal,,
its just boring, allegation or no. when i heard it over the news yesserday, i just let it go. i mean its not gon change anything. Gallas's left, he's left.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by ifeemikel: 2:07pm On Sep 05, 2006
hey you guys should not crucify gallas the guy had debunked that allegation saying he did not made such statement.he only said that the new management lack class.you guys should not be bais in posting things here.you should veryfy something first before posting here.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by otolorin(m): 2:12pm On Sep 05, 2006
ifeemikel:

hey you guys should not crucify gallas the guy had debunked that allegation saying he did not made such statement.he only said that the new management lack class.you guys should not be bais in posting things here.you should veryfy something first before posting here.

now you should take your time to read and understand what's going on here b4 u post

it applies for every other thread on this site - if you dont want a short-lived stay/romance with the forum and its members!

welcome aboard! smiley
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by loyika(m): 2:23pm On Sep 05, 2006
Ife verify!?, hmmm very interesting statement. Ok then! When we verify from other sources other than the media (like our personal babalawos) then we will post our findings.

I believe that should be verifiable enough for you cheesy.

cool GONNER 89
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by bolaoni(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2006
Let all UNITED fans hope the own Goal will come when Arsenal is playing against us after he has been tormented by C. Ronaldo
grin grin grin
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Priscila(f): 4:19pm On Sep 05, 2006
Bolaoni
I wont poodle with history the way you are about to start. this time round Man U are up for slaughter by Arsenal. take it or leave it .not when we have gallas, Rosiscky,henry, van Persie,Baptista and co.
forget men!
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Grizzly(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2006
We all knw, when it comes to an Arsenal-Manure showdown,
the former bear the brunt, the last 3 games are evidence, cool
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Priscila(f): 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2006
there comes another ancient history poodler Grizzly.
Y'all are out for a big surprise.gallas will tame that Chelsea since familiarity breeds contempt.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by SirKay3(m): 9:10pm On Sep 05, 2006
I dont believe he'ld have said something like that, but if he did, it's too bad for a player of his calibre.

Let's leave everything open please. as he has denied making such statement.

@ least till today, nobody knows what made Zidane headbutt Matterrazzi!
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by pie1ect(m): 12:15pm On Sep 06, 2006
Seriously, I don't believe Gallas would have said he'd score an own goal.
Even if Gallas did say that, there is no way he could have carried out such a threat. Apart from thefact that he is a Professional footballer, he stands the risk of repelling potential employers, not to mention the fact that his present employers could have taken whatever action they wanted, against him.
Anyway, for a player of his status, Chelsea should know that the sympathy vote will always be reserved for Gallas, irrespective of the accusations they level against him.

I wonder what is wrong with a player demanding the same wages as his team-mates, and deservedly so. Gallas has been the best defender for Chelsea over the last few years (even better than J.T) and I don't see a reason why Chelsea cannot put him on the same wages as his team-mates.

Chelsea are ruining their reputations even more by engaging in these petty arguments and if care is not taken, this era will be more remembered for their off pitch dramatics than their football success.

I'm expecting the next episode of the Chelsea - Barcelona seaon 3
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Jackal(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2006
Aiiiyo, i drink to ur comments.
UEFA itself has now identified with the tie as the main feature of Champions League every year.
Jose Mourinho as the main actor and Frank Rijkaard as the co-actor.
Chelsea/ Barca season III will be more exciting this season as Eidur Gudjohnsen is featuring as a guest appearance.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Priscila(f): 3:56pm On Sep 06, 2006
sirkay
To remind you about materrazi, he admitted in gazetta dello sport recently that its true what he said was to do with his Sister, as in when Zizou told him to wait for his jersey after the game materrazi said " I prefer your sis instead"

nowadays perhaps own goals are taken lightly but whatever it is they are just allegations.
Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by LoverBwoy(m): 1:24am On Sep 07, 2006
"Chelsea have no Class" grin

Re: Gallas Threatened He Would Score An Own Goal by Akolawole(m): 6:36am On Sep 07, 2006
@Kitaun

Can you provide the address Now or Never.

I dont want to Arsenalize my house.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Info Needed For Buruj Fc / UEFA Champion League and Europa League Semi-finals Draws / Messi's Wife Driving Him Home After He Got Too Drunk (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.