Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You (2718 Views)

What Is The Biggest Lesson Life Has Taught You? / Why You Shouldn't Marry A Lady Raised By A Single Parent / What It Is Like Coming From A Poor Background, And The Way To Succeed In Life. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 30, 2015
This post is for those raised in a single parent home.in other words raised by either their father or mother alone. This could be as a result of parents being divorced, widowed or unmarried.
My own parents r divorced nd I was raised by my mother and below is a list of what coming from a single parent home has taught me
_ to be independent
_ to not be too crazy in loving
_to learn how to think like an adult at an early age
_ to not feel too pained by insults and stereotypes from pple around
_to plan a better marriage.
Feel free to share urs, nairalanders.

7 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 8:05pm On Mar 30, 2015
My parents are divorced too (separated since before I was born) and I think it had made me more independent. I don't rely on men or consider females the weaker gender.

7 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
Same as urx at Op.With lots of chalenges

2 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 2:47pm On Apr 10, 2015
qbd2:
This post is for those raised in a single parent home.in other words raised by either their father or mother alone. This could be as a result of parents being divorced, widowed or unmarried.
My own parents r divorced nd I was raised by my mother and below is a list of what coming from a single parent home has taught me
_ to be independent

Feel free to share urs, nairalanders.

How can you plan for a better marriage yet neither be loving and/or (inter)dependent

2 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

How can you plan for a better marriage yet neither be loving and/or (inter)dependent
Hmm,Did u notice the part ' too crazy' and when did independent becone a negative word?

2 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 5:27pm On Apr 10, 2015
qbd2:

Hmm,Did u notice the part ' too crazy' and when did independent becone a negative word?

so you plan to be independent, love your hubby but not too much YET hope tp have a great marriage

OwKAY undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by SAMBARRY: 6:01pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

so you plan to be independent, love your hubby but not too much YET hope tp have a great marriage

OwKAY undecided
won de o.won tunde.instead of facing issues they are looking for loopholes to pick and start bout of argument undecided

owalara e.shiooorrr.grow up!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 6:10pm On Apr 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
[s]won de o.won tunde.instead of facing issues they are looking for loopholes to pick and start bout of argument undecided

owalara e.shiooorrr.grow up[/s]!

stop stalking me and face your life
are u frustrated

6 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by SAMBARRY: 6:17pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

stop stalking me and face your life
are u frustrated

I should be asking you if you are frustrated? And did I just read stalking? shocked grin

some people will have the body of rokozuna and have the brain of a 3year old cat grin Oniranu. The bottom line is stop picking on posts unnecessarily especially where there's no reason to. Old fool smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 6:28pm On Apr 10, 2015
SAMBARRY:
[s] I should be asking you if you are frustrated? And did I just read stalking? shocked grin

some people will have the body of rokozuna and have the brain of a 3year old cat grin Oniranu. The bottom line is stop picking on posts unnecessarily especially where there's no reason to. Old fool smiley[/s]

See the degenerate arsewipe talking
Your thirst to just jump on my posts across this forum is really astounding
No wonder you talk in pictures up and down cos u know once you post in words...it is akin to crap

Crapbarry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by SAMBARRY: 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2015
grin grin o ti dun pa grin

I have made my point. That's the most important grin

pickabeau1:

See the degenerate arsewipe talking
Your thirst to just jump on my posts across this forum is really astounding
No wonder you talk in pictures up and down cos u know once you post in words...it is akin to crap

Crapbarry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 6:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

OwKAY undecided
Yep, u gerrit. My own opinion though, everyone choose how they want to b differently
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 6:45pm On Apr 10, 2015
qbd2:

Yep, u gerrit. My own opinion though, everyone choose how they want to b differently

OK...wish u d best in your marriage of convenience undecided
Your line of thinking is why some say they don't want to marry ladies from broken homea

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by TheRealStuff: 7:00pm On Apr 10, 2015

1 Like

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 7:04pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

OK...wish u d best in your marriage of convenience undecided
Your line of thinking is why some say they don't want to marry ladies from broken homea
U may have noticed I didn't use the word 'broken' , I said single parent home/ divorced home. That's one of the stereotypes pple lash out without knowing, not all single homes are necessarily broken'. If I think in dat line, well u can't really blame me cos its what I've learnt overtime. Hmm as to those that don't want to marry pple from single parent homes, well dats up to them.
My question for u, what exacvtly do u find bad about such line of thinking?

1 Like

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 10, 2015
TheRealStuff:

To use my head in "love"
Can u pls expantiate on this part?

Cos my friend here pickabeau1 has some issues with that. I also don't get ur use of head.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 7:11pm On Apr 10, 2015
qbd2:

U may have noticed I didn't use the word 'broken' , I said single parent home/ divorced home. That's one of the stereotypes pple lash out without knowing, not all single homes are necessarily broken'. If I think in dat line, well u can't really blame me cos its what I've learnt overtime. Hmm as to those that don't want to marry pple from single parent homes, well dats up to them.
My question for u, what exacvtly do u find bad about such line of thinking?

A single parent home is a function of many things agreed however broken has roots in the manner of the particular genesis

I like your open questioning nature and will answer you what i felt about ur thinking

Marriage by definition means that one has to submit his will or desires to that of the other.

The man makes decisions for the betterment of the family ditto the mother

There should be no 'I' or me in it
You sink or swim together

That's why the choice of a partner is really one of the most important decisions one can make

A woman more so must take care as she has to submit to the headship of her husband

So love but not love sounds weird to .me
But heck..its your opinion

2 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by TheRealStuff: 7:34pm On Apr 10, 2015
I probably should have used brain or something in place of head. Not letting my "feelings" (for lack of a better word) overcloud my sense of reasoning or better put, not taking my heart on a journey without my brain. Better now?
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 10, 2015
pickabeau1:

A single parent home is a function of many things agreed however broken has roots in the manner of the particular genesis

I like your open questioning nature and will answer you what i felt about ur thinking

Marriage by definition means that one has to submit his will or desires to that of the other.

The man makes decisions for the betterment of the family ditto the mother

There should be no 'I' or me in it
You sink or swim together

That's why the choice of a partner is really one of the most important decisions one can make

A woman more so must take care as she has to submit to the headship of her husband

So love but not love sounds weird to .me
But heck..its your opinion
I dint say love but not love oh. Bsds my idea of indepence sure takes into account the fact datd husband is d head. Its just something like for example, aving my own job, savings e.t.c.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 7:50pm On Apr 10, 2015
qbd2:

I dint say love but not love oh. Bsds my idea of indepence sure takes into account the fact datd husband is d head. Its just something like for example, aving my own job, savings e.t.c.

Then u need to explain your own concept of independence

Of course having a job and a measure of financial independence is good n a given in modern days

So what do u mean by love but not crazy love

What do u mean by independence in a marriage
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Dyt(f): 12:02am On Apr 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

Then u need to explain your own concept of independence

Of course having a job and a measure of financial independence is good n a given in modern days

So what do u mean by love but not crazy love

What do u mean by independence in a marriage

And why you sounding like u don't understand exactly what she means
undecided undecided
Pls stop this
Just stop

U married that I think
Ur wife earning one way or the other?
Innit?
She loves u. Yes u know but sometimes she overlooks just to keep the house going that's the love she's talking about

2 Likes

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 1:55am On Apr 11, 2015
Dyt:

And why you sounding like u don't understand exactly what she means
undecided undecided
Pls stop this
Just stop

U married that I think
Ur wife earning one way or the other?
Innit?
She loves u. Yes u know but sometimes she overlooks just to keep the house going that's the love she's talking about

Ermm....

Why don't u let her explain what she means
Rather than assuming for her
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2015
TheRealStuff:
I probably should have used brain or something in place of head. Not letting my "feelings" (for lack of a better word) overcloud my sense of reasoning or better put, not taking my heart on a journey without my brain. Better now?
Yep, I understand now.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

Ermm....

Why don't u let her explain what she means
Rather than assuming for her
U be wetin yoruba pple call ' onijogbon' I.e. Pain in d neck

1 Like

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by pickabeau1: 4:04pm On Apr 11, 2015
qbd2:

Blah blah blah

This is what I don't understand about you people on this forum

To answer a simple question...what does independence in a marriage mean?

yet u start abusing

Ok

1 Like

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Owliver(m): 4:16pm On Apr 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

yet u start abusing

Ok
they never give a general perspective about this independence thing. Each to her own. being "independent" kills the idea of a "family" I think they need to come up wIth another term. Nice questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 4:21pm On Apr 11, 2015
pickabeau1:

yet u start abusing

Ok
Well u can take take as ur midterm homework since nobody here seems to b able to answer d question in ur own terms.
When u get ur answer post it here.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 4:24pm On Apr 11, 2015
Owliver:
they never give a general perspective about this independence thing. Each to her own. being "independent" kills the idea of a "family" I think they need to come up wIth another term. Nice questions
I've given pickabeau1 d assignment topic, u can copy from her
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by 5minsmadness: 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
qbd2:
_ to be independent
In other words you matured early and lost a large part of your childhood cry
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Owliver(m): 4:28pm On Apr 11, 2015
qbd2:

I've given pickabeau1 d assignment topic, u can copy from her
lol. Have a great day.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 11, 2015
Owliver:
lol. Have a great day.
Wish u d same.
Re: What Coming From A Single Parent Home Has Taught You by Nobody: 4:32pm On Apr 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

In other words you matured early and lost a large part of your childhood cry
Haha, what made u arrive at such conclusion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If Your Family's Photo Looked Like This? / Nigerian Man Reveals Why He Didn't Marry His Ex-girlfriend After Meeting Her Fa / Please How Do I Help My Sister?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.