Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:52 AM

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet (80093 Views)

Buhari's Cabinet Shake-up: My Candid Recommendations For Sack / At Last, President Buhari’s Cabinet List Out Wednesday - ThisDay / The Indigenous Ethnic Composition Of Lagos (1911-1950) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 10:25pm On Mar 30, 2015
For all practical purposes, even though the results are still being collated, I am deeply convinced that General Buhari will win this election by a very comfortable margin.

It is also my believe that President Jonathan will graciously concede defeat in a very mature and rancour free manner. He will not contest the results in court even though his acolytes and party men will stridently want him to. I believe, GEJ does not want to leave office looking like a sore loser.

Having said all these, it is safe to say that the 2015 Presidential Elections has been won and lost.

The elections are over!!!

What then will be the likely composition of General Buhari's cabinet? From keen observations of Buhari's campaign organisation, Buhari's utterances during the campaigns, and the actions and activities of various key actors in Gen Buhari's camp, I believe the following will either be in his cabinet or play key roles in his government.

It is obvious from Buhari's utterances during the campaigns that he will run a government whose policy direction and key economic decisions will be dictated by " a team". He kept harping on this.

The possible names are:

• Dr Kayode Fayemi (former governor of Ekiti State)
• Senator Olorunimbe Mamora (he vacated his senate seat for Remi Tinubu, Sen Tinubu's wife)
• Gov Raji Babatunde Fashola
• Abike Dabiri (former member House of Representatives)
• Baba Ahmed (former Ambassador, and former INEC Secretary)
• Gov Rotimi Amaechi
• Gov Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso (he is contesting a senatorial seat, but could likely accept a cabinet post)
• Prince Tonye Princewill (LP governorship candidate in Rivers State)
• Ben Akubueze (former MD NAL Merchant Bank, and Hon Commissioner for Economic Planning and Budget in Lagos State)
• Dr Adesina Akinwumi (Minister of Agriculture in Jonathan’s cabinet)
• Dr Chris Ngige (senator, and former governor of Anambra State)
• Oby Ezekwesili

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 10:31pm On Mar 30, 2015
It is difficult to figure out likely ministerial nominees from the North West, North East and North Central and South-South regions.
The following governors and key stakeholders will be asked to submit names:

• Gov Kwankwanso’s nominees
• Gov Aliyu Wammakko’s nominee
• Abubakar Atiku’s nominees
• Chief Obasanjo’s nominees
• Sanusi Lamido Sanusi’s nominees

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 10:38pm On Mar 30, 2015
• Senator Bola Tinubu’s nominees (x5)
• Gov Adam Oshiomole’s nominees
• Gov Rochas Okorocha’s nominees
• Gov Idris Wada’s nominee

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ednut1(m): 10:39pm On Mar 30, 2015
fashola shud stay clesr wit his elitist policies o. okonjo,alison nd oda crooks bon voyage

4 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 10:44pm On Mar 30, 2015
ednut1:
fashola shud stay clesr wit his elitist policies o. okonjo,alison nd oda crooks bon voyage

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 11:01pm On Mar 30, 2015
You need a very meticulous, organised, and tireless worker to hold the position of SGF. Fashola fits this bill.

The office of the SGF is the engine room of the Presidency. You need a trusted, loyal party man who understands the workings of government and has indepth knowledge of the visions and manifesto of the party.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ednut1(m): 4:26am On Mar 31, 2015
cuteboy2:

Okonjo-Iweala and Allison Madueke can never be in Buhari's government. Haba, bros!! How is that one is even possible?

Fashola will definitely play a key role in Buhari's. For him, I will even hazard a guess that he will be the Secretary to Federal Government (SGF)
okonjo nd Alison good bye . dats wat i meant o. dey shud both be jailed too

13 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Bishop4bella(m): 5:16am On Mar 31, 2015
With the crew in APC am so sure Nigeria going to the peak.

Just take a deep look on the governors and tell me which one of them that is not performing.

This is a party that will not take us for a joke because they can see what we are doing to Jonathan at present and will not want to be victim of such by 2019.

Nigerians and my fellow Apc supporters with highest number of likes let's embrace this new coming government with likes again because they can do it and they will do it.

APC!!! Federal!!!

96 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by shaddoww: 5:55am On Mar 31, 2015
cuteboy2:

, more like d chief of staff who is going b a kitchen cabinet, u knw he is d one buhari reali wanted for vice but for religion

6 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by YoursGEJ(m): 6:01am On Mar 31, 2015
Abeg who don see Oressmusanctus, Chukwudi44, temitemi and Barcanista. Their mama dey find dem abeg. Please help us find these children

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by sheymoni(m): 6:34am On Mar 31, 2015
I can see intelligent people in GMB's cabinet. God bless Nigerians for choosing the peoples general

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 6:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Sir.
GMB cabinet will be made of Technocrats N professional to bring abt radical change

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by egift(m): 7:03am On Mar 31, 2015
I will also like to see entirely new faces, even abroad too. I will Soludo and Utomi to be part of the Economic Team. Oby should also be in.

I will also like Buhari to draft Nigerian Celebrities as Ambassadors of FG Special Projects.

In all, let them hit the ground from day one. Use the 100 days in office to access what is left of Government's assets. Unlike in the military, GMB will have a better team to drive Nigeria forward.

8 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Texcoco(m): 7:11am On Mar 31, 2015
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?

28 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by tunex23: 7:18am On Mar 31, 2015
I just need this 5 People there and am satisfied!
1. Fashola
2. abike Dabiri
3. Pat utomi
4. Oby
5. Kayode

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 7:37am On Mar 31, 2015
Include tonye princewill of LP that guy is brilliant, yes party men will reap their efforts but we also need brains

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by revolt(m): 7:50am On Mar 31, 2015
Texcoco:
Tribally Lopsided god father induced list that can only spell trouble for the Nation....especially with dark economic days and the drastic fall of crude oil output ahead...What is the use having a supposed brilliant SGF when there is no crude oil to recover your campaign investments,loot or run the country?
I don't understand why ppl don't get it! I need to see what miracle,will turn naija around in nearest future wen we hve no viable sector except US decides to start buying our oil again. Then how do we now start battling the rampaging militant who want resource control.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by arewafederation: 8:05am On Mar 31, 2015
Nobody mentioned Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.... angry

I would like him to double as Chief of staff and EFCC boss grin.

14 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by BARAJ92(m): 8:34am On Mar 31, 2015
Minister of finance Charless Soludo
Minister of defence general akinrinade
Minister of education
Minister of information Abike dabiri

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Texcoco(m): 8:36am On Mar 31, 2015
revolt:
I don't understand why ppl don't get it! I need to see what miracle,will turn naija around in nearest future wen we hve no viable sector except US decides to start buying our oil again. Then how do we now start battling the rampaging militant who want resource control.
Buhari won't give them resource control and they won't give Buhari crude oil...let's observe how this lopsided cabal team fares.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by ITbomb(m): 9:06am On Mar 31, 2015
Umana, the APC governorship candidate in Akwa Ibom may likely be nominated as one of the few valuable loyalists of the party

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
shaddoww:
, more like d chief of staff who is going b a kitchen cabinet, u knw he is d one buhari reali wanted for vice but for religion

I just hope they can find a very prominent and pivotal role for Fashola. He is an astute planner and executor. If he had the kind of free hand he desired, Lagos could have been even better than it is today.

I see Fashola one day becoming the President of this country.

29 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2015
egift:
I will also like to see entirely new faces, even abroad too. I will Soludo and Utomi to be part of the Economic Team. Oby should also be in.

I will also like Buhari to draft Nigerian Celebrities as Ambassadors of FG Special Projects.

In all, let them hit the ground from day one. Use the 100 days in office to access what is left of Government's assets. Unlike in the military, GMB will have a better team to drive Nigeria forward.

I definitely thought about these two. I have my reservations about Utomi on account of how he ran Volkswagen of Nigeria (VON) aground. As a member of the economic team, yes since he understands the underlying currents of Political-Economy purely from theoretical perspective. I believe he also has high level of personal integrity.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2015
fonzie2u:
Include tonye princewill of LP that guy is brilliant, yes party men will reap their efforts but we also need brains

That guy Tonye Princewill from Rivers State is pure brain. I listened to him once, read his interview next, and I was sold.

I read some political analysis somewhere that he some secret agreement with Amaechi for him to move to LP to weaken the LP/PDP alliance in Rivers State. It is still possible Amaechi will bring him back from the cold. We need such people badly.

It baffled me why PDP, his former party, kept such wonderful people from the epicenter of their government. Anyway, too late now!

8 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Nobody: 10:06pm On Mar 31, 2015
cuteboy2:

I just hope they can find a very prominent and pivotal role for Fashola. He is an astute planner and executor. If he had the kind of free hand he desired, Lagos could have been even better than it is today.

I see Fashola one day becoming the President of this country.

This will come to pass

5 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by cuteboy2: 12:43am On Apr 01, 2015
arewafederation:
Nobody mentioned Rt Hon. Rotimi Amaechi.... angry

I would like him to double as Chief of staff and EFCC boss grin.

Rotimi Amaechi is too brash for these two offices. Need a cool-headed guy who will not start chasing his enemies real and imagined.

A solid ministerial portfolio should be OK

5 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Canme4u(m): 1:05am On Apr 01, 2015
Not bad
Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Rossikk(m): 1:05am On Apr 01, 2015
cuteboy2:

They should make him federal minister of works to transform infrastructure.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by IGBOSON2: 1:11am On Apr 01, 2015
revolt:

^^^Bros don't preempt them......maybe they're yet to play their economic joker! So let's just sit back, grab a bucket of pop-corn and watch the unfolding drama!

3 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by IGBOSON2: 1:15am On Apr 01, 2015
BARAJ92:
Minister of finance Charless Soludo
Minister of defemce general akinrinade
Minister of education
Minister of information Abike dabiri

^^^Igbo man....Finance Minister in a Buhari cabinet!? You are joking right? undecided

6 Likes

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by baby124: 1:17am On Apr 01, 2015
Rochas really tried. He should get something. He's a very loyal man. His whole region was against him and he still muscled an impressive amount of votes considering the military might in Imo

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Likely Composition Of General Buhari's Cabinet by Pavore9: 1:20am On Apr 01, 2015
Reading...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Election: PDP Statement On Osogbo Result / Femi Otedola And Dangote Visit Buhari, Congratulate Him (Pics) / Buhari Reacts To Emergence Of Speaker, Senate President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.