Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,943 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari (2745 Views)

No Constitutional Provision For Audu's Death- Lawyers / No Constitutional Provision For Audu’s Death – Lawyers / Why Bukola Saraki May Be Removed As A Nigerian Senator[constitutional Provision] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by harbdulrasaq88(m): 7:20am On Mar 31, 2015
According to the technical ground of the constitution, Buhari of APC must score up to 25% in 1/3-(about 13 states-where GEJ won him), out of the 36 states, before he (Buhari) can be declaired a winner over the incumbent president. So, even if Buhari won most of the states in Nigeria, but if he couldn't win up to 25% votes in the states that GEJ defeated him, the presidential election thus, will be declaired inconclusive, and thus, GEJ of PDP will still emerge as the winner.

In the states in South-East and South- South that GEJ won, did Buhari won up to 25% votes? Let the Notherners start educating their people nowoooo-about what the Nigerian constitution says
based on technical ground, because I know, as soon as they hear that GEJ is announced the president, they will start their senseless killings.

Know it now that on technical ground of the constitution, that Buhari is too
far from becoming the president-inspite of the fact that he is the one leading in most states.

http://www..net/2015/03/breaking-news-constitutional-provision.html

1 Like

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by lafex: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2015
This is your room constitution but not the Nigerian constitution.

The Nigerian constion says that "the winner must have a majority vote and 1/4th of the 2/4 states in the country" which he has already have.

Also, if he doesn't meet up with the above condion but has majority vote then a run-off election will be done btween both(Jona and Buhari) candidates only.

Be guarded.

5 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 31, 2015
k
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Hormoniyi(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2015
harbdulrasaq88:
According to the technical ground of the constitution, Buhari of APC must score up to 25% in 1/3-(about 13 states-where GEJ won him), out of the 36 states, before he (Buhari) can be declaired a winner over the incumbent president. So, even if Buhari won most of the states in Nigeria, but if he couldn't win up to 25% votes in the states that GEJ defeated him, the presidential election thus, will be declaired inconclusive, and thus, GEJ of PDP will still emerge as the winner.

In the states in South-East and South- South that GEJ won, did Buhari won up to 25% votes? Let the Notherners start educating their people nowoooo-about what the Nigerian constitution says
based on technical ground, because I know, as soon as they hear that GEJ is announced the president, they will start their senseless killings.

far from becoming the president-inspite of the fact that he is the one leading in most states.

Baba Forget joh
TWENTY TWO STATES WON BY APC:
1.Adamawa
2. Bauchi
3. Borno
4. Gombe
5. Jigawa
7. Kaduna
8. Kano
9. Katsina
10. Kogi
11. Kwara
12. Kebbi
13. Lagos
14. Niger
15. Ondo
16. Oyo
17. Ogun
18. Osun
19. Sokoto
20. Yobe
21. Zamfara
22. Benue
FIVE STATES WHERE GMB GOT 25% OR
MORE:
1. Edo
2. Ekiti
4. Nasarawa
5. Plateau
6. Taraba
7. FCT
By the above statistics APC has most
states won, most votes won and had
gotten 25% and more in 27 states.
# change HAS HAPPENED.
GMB IS OUR PRESIDENT.

10 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by yungchief(m): 7:25am On Mar 31, 2015
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 31, 2015
This is another excuse they will use to start killing Igbos in their midst.

Say bye bye to one Nigeria.

To my aburros in the west you can now serve your ab0ki overlords without hinderance.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by msmon(m): 7:29am On Mar 31, 2015
We need to orient and re-orient our self, not only the northerners but everybody. This is exactly what I discussed with people last night and they almost took it up with me. Many people believe winning by large margin confirms your victory automatically.

When you don't know something, u still think you are right about it and you are not even ready to listen to correction, that is COMPLEX IGNORANCE

The bitter reality is both candidates have a chance of winning and I will not be surprise by the final outcome!

5 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 31, 2015
Another educated illiterate. If anything it's Jonathan who should worry. Buhari will win 25% in all of NW, NE, NC and SW which is 25 states.

He needs 24 states.

Both candidates will win 25% in 24 states by my analysis though. It comes to popular votes

3 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by taiwoadeniyi3(m): 7:36am On Mar 31, 2015
CHECK OUT: WHAT BUHARI/APC NEEDS TO WIN THIS ELECTION

https://www.nairaland.com/2227743/check-here-what-buhari-apc
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Oziddy: 7:36am On Mar 31, 2015
Hormoniyi:

Baba Forget joh
1.Adamawa
2. Bauchi
3. Borno
4. Gombe
5. Jigawa
7. Kaduna
8. Kano
9. Katsina
10. Kogi
11. Kwara
12. Kebbi
13. Lagos
14. Niger
15. Ondo
16. Oyo
17. Ogun
18. Osun
19. Sokoto
20. Yobe
21. Zamfara
22. Benue
MORE:
1. Edo
2. Ekiti
4. Nasarawa
5. Plateau
6. Taraba
7. FCT
# change HAS HAPPENED.
GMB IS OUR PRESIDENT.
na people like u dey copy espo from person copy the person name join, a brother just told us somtin technical from the constitution, sometin we never knew, a fact, and ure here spewing trash, dont be biased.

3 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by loomer: 7:39am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari don win jare
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by smylyzee(f): 7:39am On Mar 31, 2015
Why GMB alone.....Y is the constitution not saying GEJ must also win 25% of the States he lost to GMB b4 he can retain his seat?

#Sai Buhari
#Enenies go yansh down

2 Likes

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by yuncka: 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
PDP still fighting to stay afloat.... grin
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by lilbabyak(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
He be like say this op forget him brain inside him mama to-to
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by msmon(m): 7:41am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:
Another educated illiterate. If anything it's Jonathan who should worry. Buhari will win 25% in all of NW, NE, NC and SW which is 25 states.

He needs 24 states.

Both candidates will win 25% in 24 states by my analysis though. It comes to popular votes

The ugly thing is people don't want to believe GEJ have a chance of winning because Buhari have over 1m votes in the 'K' state, they seems to be carried away by the figure and are not considering other constitution requirements.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Oziddy: 7:42am On Mar 31, 2015
belabela:

He needs 24 states.

na u be the educated illitrate, u go also copy espo copy person name join, did u here when he said dat buhari must win 25% in at least 13 states that GEJ won? Well, somtin has been discovered about the female brain, in the right hand side, there is nothin left, nd in the left hand side, there is nothin right.

1 Like

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by ozo13(m): 7:44am On Mar 31, 2015
grin hehehe.quote d constitution, and stop confusing yasef.thanks and signed grin
harbdulrasaq88:

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by msmon(m): 7:45am On Mar 31, 2015
Hormoniyi:

Baba Forget joh
1.Adamawa
2. Bauchi
3. Borno
4. Gombe
5. Jigawa
7. Kaduna
8. Kano
9. Katsina
10. Kogi
11. Kwara
12. Kebbi
13. Lagos
14. Niger
15. Ondo
16. Oyo
17. Ogun
18. Osun
19. Sokoto
20. Yobe
21. Zamfara
22. Benue
MORE:
1. Edo
2. Ekiti
4. Nasarawa
5. Plateau
6. Taraba
7. FCT
# change HAS HAPPENED.
GMB IS OUR PRESIDENT.

I don't like calling people name but you deserve to be called one...!
As at last, we have 18 states and FCT result collated, where did APC got the 22 state they won? We should not misinform people.

1 Like

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Oziddy: 7:46am On Mar 31, 2015
smylyzee:
Why GMB alone.....Y is the constitution not saying GEJ must also win 25% of the States he lost to GMB b4 he can retain his seat?

#Sai Buhari
#Enenies go yansh down
sister, try count am, among all the states dt Baba won, Gej has won 25% in at least 60% of them.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by gateleo(m): 7:51am On Mar 31, 2015
That requirements will only be needed if the parties contesting ate only two...but in this case we have fourteen parties contesting the presidential election. ....

Anyway. .. GMB will be declare winner. .... just watch. ...
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by proflomo(m): 7:53am On Mar 31, 2015
harbdulrasaq88:

Walahi talahi o ti fagbo yo. You don smoke weed die.
Why are you confusing people for god's sake?
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Olivers2J(f): 7:57am On Mar 31, 2015
Am following serzly didn't knw this part of constitution exist

1 Like

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by proflomo(m): 8:17am On Mar 31, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

To my aburros in the west you can now serve your ab0ki overlords without hinderance.

Olodooooooo rabata!
Must you be unnecessarily tribalistic? Ehn?
When the Yorubas refused to support Buhari in 2003, 2007 and most especially, 2011, he lost all through. The Yorubas supported Jonathan in 2011 and he won. They went against him in 2015 and he lost. They were cheated by one of the men (that pushed jJonathan into trouble) in 1993 and that man, the evil genuis, ran out of government - even tough he was a military man. The nation saw the urgent reason why they needed to quickly compensate the Yorubas and they brought in Obasanjo in 1999. Can't you see that as 'weak' as the Yorubas are, they are the afobajes (kingmakers) and the political playmaker in Nigeria?
Please, stop being stupidly sentimental.
I very much hate to sound tribalistic, but sometimes people like you force me to do so - against my spiritual will.
What a pity?
Nigeria is one and it will remain one in peace and in love.
We voted our dear President Jonathan out not because of his tribe but because of his governance style. Ain't we the same people that went protesting because of him in 2009? Didn't we vote for him massively in 2011? Abeg leave story jare?
Any young, intelligent, beautiful, Ibo girl there? Abeg I need one for a wife jare. ONE NIGERIA.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by proflomo(m): 8:18am On Mar 31, 2015
RevDesmondJuju:

Olodooooooo rabata!
When the Yorubas refused to support Buhari in 2003, 2007 and mist especially, 2011, he lost all through. The Yorubas supported Jonathan in 2011 and he won. They went against him in 2015 and he lost. They were cheated by one of the menthat now pushed jJonathan into trouble in 1993 and that man, the evil genuis ran out of government even tough he was a military man. They nation saw the urgent reason why they needed to quickly compensate the Yorubas and they brought in Obasanjo in 1999. Can't you see that as 'weak' as the Yorubas are, they are the afobajes (kingmakers) and the political playmaker in Nigeria?
I very much hate to sound tribalistic, but sometimes people like you force me to do so - against my spiritual will.
What a pity?
We voted our dear President Jonathan out not because of his tribe buy because of his governance style. Ain't we the same people that went protesting became of him in 2009? Didn't we vote for him massively in 2011? Abeg leave story jare?
Any young, intelligent, beautiful, Ibo girl there? Abeg I need one for a wife jare. ONE NIGERIA.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Deiok(m): 8:29am On Mar 31, 2015
This Op must be high on bitter leaf. Dose the rules not apply to both parties?.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by mashin(m): 8:44am On Mar 31, 2015
The writer of this piece makes me know why some people are unemployed he read the constitution but did not understand. Constitution says 25% in 24 states in did not say in state where you lose on in zones where you lose.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Jorussia(m): 8:54am On Mar 31, 2015
Buhari is our new president, and i wish the out going president of the federal republic of Nigeria, His excellency, Good luck ebele Jonathan well in all his future endeavors. Gej is a good man,no doubt about that,but he made costly govermental mistakes that buhari must learn from if he is to succeed. Gej may not have performed to the expectations of Nigerians,I know all Nigerians will agree with me that he would be remembered as perhaps the most tolerant president Nigeria has produced.

1 Like

Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Optional2(f): 8:59am On Mar 31, 2015
Ok
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by Nobody: 9:23am On Mar 31, 2015
proflomo:

Olodooooooo rabata!
When the Yorubas refused to support Buhari in 2003, 2007 and mist especially, 2011, he lost all through. The Yorubas supported Jonathan in 2011 and he won. They went against him in 2015 and he lost. They were cheated by one of the menthat now pushed jJonathan into trouble in 1993 and that man, the evil genuis ran out of government even tough he was a military man. They nation saw the urgent reason why they needed to quickly compensate the Yorubas and they brought in Obasanjo in 1999. Can't you see that as 'weak' as the Yorubas are, they are the afobajes (kingmakers) and the political playmaker in Nigeria?
What a pity?
We voted our dear President Jonathan out not because of his tribe buy because of his governance style. Ain't we the same people that went protesting became of him in 2009? Didn't we vote for him massively in 2011? Abeg leave story jare?

I hear your rants.
Re: MUST Read:constitutional Provision That Makes Winning Difficult For Buhari by MaziOmenuko: 10:43am On Mar 31, 2015
Constitution you manufactured from the beer palour close to your house!

Constitution said 25% of votes casted in two-third of the states.

Let me break it down for you: Two-third = 2/3 * 36 states = 24 states.

Thank me later.

(1) (Reply)

Road To War :nigeria To Sign Defence Pact With Russia Over Bakassi/cameroon. / BREAKING!!! Ghana Bans Goods From Nigeria; Condemns Buhari’s Economic Policies / Nigeria Army Desert Bikers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.