Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 PM

Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? (2279 Views)

Interesting Facts About Fast & Furious 7 / Who Is Your Favorite Driver In The New Fast & Furious 7 Movie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by furusscn: 8:58am On Mar 31, 2015
I adore the Fast and Furious franchise, so much so that I've collaborated with the video team on a very special, very large project that will run later this week. And yet I'm still a little skeptical of Furious 7. Based purely off the trailers, the film appears to have less emphasis on practical effects than its predecessors, replacing what I love with gun battles and computer-animated set pieces. The movie that appears to nail the stunt work I loved in previous Fast films is Mad Max: Fury Road. The long in-development reboot of the Mad Max franchise has its share of CG, no questions, but its car sequences — which are rumored to comprise the entirety of the film — appear to have been shot with actual cars. That's all I want, y'all. Well, that and a story about the power of family. When it comes to family, Furious films will always have one muscular leg up.

Fellow Fast and Furious super fan Chris Ziegler and I are debating which film that we haven't seen will be the car movie of the year. Let's have a vote! I've include some Mad Max gifs to help you decide.

Here are some Furious 7 gifs. Ignore Ross' comment, posted before the story event went live. Who does this guy think he is? Anyway, I hope you love CG!.

Watch Fast and Furious 7 Online Free
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by tempem: 8:59am On Mar 31, 2015
FF 7 Rocks, jare...

Can't wait..

Have you watched the trailer?

Hmm!
Cloning at its peak.
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Briareos(m): 10:12am On Mar 31, 2015
Fast and Furious recent storylines have been extremely weak and shallow. That, coupled with mediocre acting and unrealistic stunts, made it less desirable for me.

Mad Max, on the other hand, is er... Tom Hardy is in it!!! And Charlize Theron!!! Need I say more?

On a serious note though, comparing the two trailers, FF showed no promise other than the hogwash we've come to expect while Mad Max showed a lot of guts. Plus Tom Hardy is in it!!!

1 Like

Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by kingasap(m): 10:31am On Mar 31, 2015
Briareos:
Fast and Furious recent storylines have been extremely weak and shallow. That, coupled with mediocre acting and unrealistic stunts, made it less desirable for me.

Mad Max, on the other hand, is er... Tom Hardy is in it!!! And Charlize Theron!!! Need I say more?

On a serious note though, comparing the two trailers, FF showed no promise other than the hogwash we've come to expect while Mad Max showed a lot of guts. Plus Tom Hardy is in it!!!

Yes the story line may be a bit weak but mediocre acting? I strongly disagree. How can movie heavyweights like the rock vin diesel the late Paul walker be anything close to mediocre?
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Mar 31, 2015
Briareos:

Who the hell is Tom Hardy?? His "Bane" role in TDKR is what made him a lil' popular and the only reason he remained relevant in Hollywood. Charlize Theron?? Gimme a break! That Scarlett Johansson wannabe. That one has ceased been relevant awhile in Hollywood. Only remembered for her role as "Queen Ravenna" in a 2012 Box office bomb, Snow White and the Huntsman. Too bad, looks alone don't sell movies.

Meanwhile the FF7 is star studded: Vin Diesel (Chronicles Of Reddick), Paul Walker, God rest his soul (The Young and the Restless), Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson (WWE), Jason Statham (The Transporter), and one and only Michelle Rodriguez (Resident Evil: Retribution). With established action superstars like that, one can only expect nerve numbing, heart thumbing, blood boiling, teeth jarring, eye popping, mouth watering non-stop action sequence from Fast And Furious 7. Movies like FF7 don't give a flying fvck about boring stuffs like solid plots, It's appeal is based solidly on pure adrenaline and the outrageous. We love it the way it is, thank you very much!

1 Like

Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Briareos(m): 3:11pm On Mar 31, 2015
koice:

Who the hell is Tom Hardy?? His "Bane" role in TDKR is what made him a lil' popular and the only reason he remained relevant in Hollywood. Charlize Theron?? Gimme a break! That Scarlett Johansson wannabe. That one has ceased been relevant awhile in Hollywood. Only remembered for her role as "Queen Ravenna" in a 2012 Box office bomb, Snow White and the Huntsman. Too bad, looks alone don't sell movies.

Meanwhile the FF7 is star studded: Vin Diesel (Chronicles Of Reddick), Paul Walker, God rest his soul (The Young and the Restless), Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson (WWE), Jason Statham (The Transporter), and one and only Michelle Rodriguez (Resident Evil: Retribution). With established action stars like that, one can only expect nerve numbing, heart thumbing, blood boiling, teeth jarring, Eye popping, mouth watering non-stop action sequence from Fast And Furious 7. Movies like FF7 don't give a flying fvck about boring stuffs like solid plots, It's appeal is based solidly on pure adrenaline and the outrageous. We love it the way it is, thank you very much!

You've just reinforced my points. FF 7 is cast from a mould of senseless action and unbelievable stunt sequences and feel good movie Hollywood has been churning out recently. While Mad Max might be guilty of the same thing; Mad Max, from the trailer, promises more than just action.

A movie having an ensemble cast of action figures doesn't necessarily means it can suck. Read, The Expendables.

I'm a huge Scarlet Johannson fan but you can't compare her to Chalize. In your haste to undermine Theron, you forgot her Academy Award earning performance in Monster (2003). ScarJo is still hoping for an Oscar.

And Tom Hardy? TDKR is his hallmark? Are you kidding? That role, where half of his face was covered and he was talking in a funny voice? That could have thumped his career. He admitted that himself.

What about his role in Bronson (2008), the science fiction thriller Inception (2010), the sports drama Warrior (2011), the Cold War espionage film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), the crime drama Lawless (2012), and the drama Locke (2013).

3 Likes

Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by sholay2011(m): 9:56am On Apr 01, 2015
Briareos:

You've said it all bro. Totally nailed it!
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by onegig(m): 12:08am On Apr 02, 2015
sholay2011:

You've said it all bro. Totally nailed it!

Is Fast and furious the movie people are touting as a CANDIDATE for best movie of the year? Year 2015 or 1965?cheesy

If true...People must have poor tastes. Fast and furious or whatever with the poor story lines and unrealistic stunts that makes it look like I am playing Asphalt 8 GAME only that this time real humans are the drivers is what people term awesome?
Ok cotunu(In madam patience's voice)

2 Likes

Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Briareos:

You've just reinforced my points. FF 7 is cast from a mould of senseless action and unbelievable stunt sequences and feel good movie Hollywood has been churning out recently. While Mad Max might be guilty of the same thing; Mad Max, from the trailer, promises more than just action.

A movie having an ensemble cast of action figures doesn't necessarily means it can suck. Read, The Expendables.

Would have responded sooner but unfortunately, was unable to login to Nairaland till this morning.

Anyhoo, hollywood of current era is full of movies with "senseless action and unbelievable stunt sequences", as you termed it. You know why? Simple: stuffs like that sell like hot cake. Sure enough, movie critics from Rotten Tomatoes, Metacritic and IMdb usually end up saying a lot of bad sh*t about movies like that, but who cares really? I don't watch films based on critics half baked reviews, do you? In fact, movies with bad reviews most often than not end up doing very well at the Box office. For example, Armageddon, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest, Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End and Hancock but to name a few were high grossing box office successes with so-called weak plots and poor reviews

Do you know the irony of this whole discussion? Mad Max wasn't insusceptible. Both it and FF7 were cut from the same cloth, believe it or not. From the trailer, Mad Max had cannibals, Monster trucks and maximum blood and gore content to keep the faithfuls fully entertained, thus in that regard, it's much more than a "senseless action and unbelievable stunt sequence feel good Hollywood movie" than FF7 will ever hope to be. When the reviews come pouring in, I fully expect FF7 to rate higher. At the box office however, it's anybody's game.
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 6:45am On Apr 02, 2015
onegig:

Is Fast and furious the movie people are touting as a CANDIDATE for best movie of the year? Year 2015 or 1965?cheesy

If true...People must have poor tastes. Fast and furious or whatever with the poor story lines and unrealistic stunts that makes it look like I am playing Asphalt 8 GAME only that this time real humans are the drivers is what people term awesome?
Ok cotunu(In madam patience's voice)

I honestly don't know where you 'allegedly' saw fans touting FF7 as movie of the year. It doesn't make any sort of logical sense whatsoever, especially since the movie has yet to be screened and released.

Bad taste ke? Fast and Furious as a movie franchise is a resounding success story, and if millions of fans that make 'em huge box office success each year can be termed unkindly as "people with bad taste, then I don't mind being one of 'em. Surely, the directors, producers, actors, and millions of teeming fans can't possibly be all wrong.
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 11:57am On Apr 08, 2015
FF7 is setting the World on fire. I stand Vindicated.

Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Abbey2sam(m): 11:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Briareos:

I'm a huge Scarlet Johannson fan but you can't compare her to Chalize. In your haste to undermine Theron, you forgot her Academy Award earning performance in Monster (2003). ScarJo is still hoping for an Oscar.

And Tom Hardy? TDKR is his hallmark? Are you kidding? That role, where half of his face was covered and he was talking in a funny voice? That could have thumped his career. He admitted that himself.

What about his role in Bronson (2008), the science fiction thriller Inception (2010), the sports drama Warrior (2011), the Cold War espionage film Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011), the crime drama Lawless (2012), and the drama Locke (2013).

bros you dont have any point, go and rest
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by Nobody: 6:10am On Apr 09, 2015
The critics have spoken, and right now FF7 has a whopping impressive rating of 8.1. on IMdb, 82% on Rotten tomatoes, 67% on Metacritic, and then, concluding with $450 million Box office success (Still rising). This movie is a sure contestant at the 2015 edition of Academy awards. Movie of the year in the making, Yup!
Re: Mad Max Or Furious 7: Which Will Be Best Car Movie Of The Year? by OohMpa: 3:18pm On Apr 09, 2015
koice:
The critics have spoken, and right now FF7 has a whopping impressive rating of 8.1. on IMdb, 82% on Rotten tomatoes, 67% on Metacritic, and then, concluding with $450 million Box office success (Still rising). This movie is a sure contestant in the 2015 edition of Academy awards. Movie of the year in the making, Yup!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Is There A Movie That You Can Watch Over And Over Again? / Watch This Latest Move Undisputed 4 (link To Download Below) / List Of Available TSTV Channels And Subscriptions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.