Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,557 members, 7,809,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:24 PM

How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? (6187 Views)

Connecting Your Form To Interswitch Webpay / Integrating Interswitch's Webpay With Joomla's Virtuemart(shopping Cart) / How Do I Obtain Interswitch Webpay (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Hustler4(m): 3:30am On Jan 23, 2009
(1)Can someone tell me if it is a good idea to get the interswitch webpay API for a new web project.
(2)Are there any stats on the number of nigerians using webpay to purchase goods or services over the internet?

I am asking these questions because I emailed interswitch about the information, I never got any reply from them.
Someone told me that it will cost about 150k to get their API, so I wondering whether it is just a waste of money or time since I dont have a clue about the product usage.

Cheers ppl
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Seun(m): 3:33am On Jan 23, 2009
Food for thought: A number of banks, including GTBank, have disabled web payments using their ATM cards.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Nobody: 6:40am On Jan 23, 2009
That is really serious - and one of my clients was about to start processing interswitch today - i beta warn the guy
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Seun(m): 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2009
I have to quickly say that Interswitch webpay is still the best solution out there.
If they can find an effective way to deal with these scammers, they will be perfect.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by OmniPotens(m): 4:29pm On Jan 23, 2009
That is still a lot of money and for how many years do they want to keep charging that same amount? I guess this is because they know that for other Nigerian programmers to come together to work up a new project to counter theirs will take more time. It simply calls for collab by programmers to think and work out something.

How about fastecash http://www.fastecash.com

They are making waves gradually. See it and know if it serves your purpose.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by yawatide(f): 5:17pm On Jan 23, 2009
That is still a lot of money and for how many years do they want to keep charging that same amount?

1) Tis Nigeria where price-fixing is the norm
2) No competition
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by digitalglo(m): 9:12pm On Jan 25, 2009
I'm using netnaira. They've been quite effective. You can check them out: http://netnaira.com
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by cvibe: 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2009
@ Seun,

Could you stop spreading false information.

@Poster, Interswitch webpay is very effective, the only snag is the delay the bank takes reporting the transaction into your bank account.

If you go to Interswitch direct, expect to cough up 150k for API. If you go through GTB, you only pay 75k for the API.

Findings are that most Nigerians still prefer the brick and mortar bank payment than online payment.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by AfricaMars: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2009
A post here comparing Nigeria's online payment services, contributors are welcome. http://naijastartups..com/2009/01/nigerian-online-payment-solutions-which.html
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Seun(m): 2:23am On Aug 07, 2010
cvibe:

@ Seun,

Could you stop spreading false information.

It's not false information. I was told by someone who runs a phone voucher store.

See http://www.davidajao.com/blog/2008/08/15/banks-that-disabled-interswitch-card/
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by lojik(m): 7:36pm On Aug 08, 2010
While i think interswitch is the only worthwhile option, The question is "How many nigerians buy with ATM online". My believe is that most people would prefer direct bank payment because of the high scam rate.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 10, 2010
that is a very good observation
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by bug24(m): 6:04am On Aug 11, 2010
i concur with lojik, An average Nigerian is scared of using his/her ATM to make purchases online.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by etauso(m): 7:48am On Aug 11, 2010
If you want to know how many Nigerians use ATM online; ask Aero Contractors. Almost every Nigerian pays for flights online now
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by basking4me: 7:28pm On Sep 02, 2010
Indeed I think Seun is right, My ATM does not work online for any purchases again. In-fact the banks have made the ATM usage entirely confusing. My local GTbank ATM cannot buy or pay forĀ  anything online again. I now have a local (Naira) Zenith bank (VISA) ATM that doesn't buy anything online and an Intl ($) Gtbank Visa, I use for making intl payments.

So I believe the local cards are no longer working for online purchases.

Then there's the verve and so many other confusing cards. The industry needs to deregulate and do more marketing/product awareness.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Afam4eva(m): 1:14am On Sep 03, 2010
I've always known that it's a waste of money to use Interswith for accepting payment on one's website cos i hardly hear of people buying stuff with interswitch plus there price is exorbitant. How can someone pay 150k. Nawaoo.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2010
First of all the fee for Interswitch is just outright expensive you have to consider if after getting it whether it safe and also weigh the amount of transactions u expect to get it's a risk,i prefer they fill a form online and make direct payments via the bank or anything to an account.Seun is right most banks ave disabled their ATM card i got peeps in the Customer Service Section.but not sure why they did that,
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by lojik(m): 12:43pm On Sep 07, 2010
Why ain't there no alternative to interswitch? Have they become a monopoly like NEPA?
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by OnyeBabe1(f): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2010
I thought Etranzact was good. Their website seem to have information supporting that, if they accept all cards. I am not sure though.
http://www.etranzact.com/etranzact/
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by abhosts(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2010
Most Nigerian Banks are switching to MasterCard and Visa for their ATM Cards. Paying N150,000 for Interswitch simply makes no sense.
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by dayo1401: 5:31pm On Oct 11, 2010
whats are the better options apart from interswtich,

can any body please educate me about gtbweb pay, is it for gtb customers only, how is it beta than interswitch
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
What is the latest now?
Re: How Is The Interswitch Webpay Doing ? by bigtt76(f): 1:21am On Sep 15, 2013
tobicool: What is the latest now?

Pay4me.com ...offers Visa and and master card (interswitch) plus banks for free though service and transaction charges are applicable.

(1) (Reply)

How Struggling Bloggers Can Boost Their Traffic Despite Having No Connections / How Do I Create An Interactive Website / Are You Earning Below $50 Daily On Adsense? Let Me Review Your Blog For FREE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.