Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,327 members, 7,808,099 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? (33542 Views)

What Will Be Ur Reaction.? If You're On Bed & Ur Lover Says This? [SEE] / When You're Not Sure If She Loves You. / 9 Things Guys Think When You're On Top (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by salako: 11:28am On Oct 11, 2005
When on a break from your partner... what are the rules?

I was watching an episode of US sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S. One of the characters (Ross), while on a break form his relationship from another (Rachel), had sex with another woman.
That act cost him the relationship but was he not within his right (since he was on a break) to explore other women.

Does it make a difference depending on which partner - male or female partakes in exploration?

Please share your thoughts and ideas...
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by tcherokee(m): 1:16pm On Oct 11, 2005
Your on a break abi, what is the purpose of a break if not to test the waters. If you notice when i girl sees a guy that she really likes and would really like to have something to do with him, she could decide to take a break and do whatever it is that she wants to do, but if the roles are reversed the girl will literally take it as cheating. Why the double standard

2 Likes

Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by vexxy(f): 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2005
Break is not a green light to sleep around. Break is when you stop and re-evaluate the relationship, not to start something with someone new.

No, it's not ok to sleep with someone else while on break unless it's discussed. As in: So, if we're on break, that's saying that I may do as I please with other women/men?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Scorpio(f): 3:07pm On Oct 11, 2005
word! Let him/her know if u still want to continue with the relationship, if it's a negative, by all means sleep with who ever shows up but not when you guyz are still figuring yourselves out.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by kandy: 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2005
i dont really believe in going for a break in a relationship.when im in a relationship,i no im in one and what ever issue that need adjustment or if theres need for correction,we sit and talk heart to heart and not a break.for me going on break in a relationship is indirectly saying im fade up with the whole thing.moreover when oyu go on break,you might meet someone you like and wouldnt want to come back.if you have a nice thing on for you,dont ever let it go or else someone out there will take from oyu and might even cherish it better than you.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by whiteshark(m): 10:44am On Dec 20, 2005
maybe...maybe not... u choose
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by ijebuman(m): 11:46am On Dec 20, 2005
i remember this episode of friends quite well smiley
Men and Women have different meanings to what a 'break' in a relationship means. My view is, if you're not married or in a long term relationship then a 'break' means exploring other options i.e seeing other people.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 06, 2006
i don't support sex without love so NO
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by dafman(m): 7:04pm On Jan 06, 2006
If someone's on a 'break' from a relationship and decides to have sex with someone else then he/she she should as well go on a permanent vacation

4 Likes

Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Outkast(f): 10:18pm On Jan 06, 2006
Basically it should be discussed between the guy and the girl, even though when you hear "I think we should take a break" you know definately something's going wrong
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by hipcaramel(f): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2006
i'm with dafman.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by 2nde(m): 3:55am On Jan 07, 2006
it's not a good idea
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by bedone(m): 4:15am On Jan 07, 2006
this should be a personal question, would you mind if sleeps around while you are on break and you don't? If you don't mind then break up you both fooling yourselves
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by dakmanzero(m): 9:42pm On Jan 07, 2006
::
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by erekihc: 9:59pm On Jan 07, 2006
The simple answer to your question is YES
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by JungleQueen(f): 8:53am On Jan 10, 2006
I don't believe there is anything called "taking a break" in a relationship. Once u guys are not calling urself bf and gf any more, then u guys are free to do anything u want.

There is nothing like taking a break, but u guys are breaking up.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by kenflavor(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2006
There shouldn't be a word called break in a relationship that is built on the foundation of true love. If there is a rift or disagreement it should be settled or sorted out. Giving each other a break is not true love. If I truly love my babe, there will be nothing like a break becos whenever we have problem it must be settled before day[b] breaks[/b].
If there is break between us, that means separation and I will definitely go out there looking for someone else that does not believe in the word break.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Missworld(f): 4:00pm On Jan 10, 2006
I really do believe in breaks as long as that person ain't my husband. U have a choice of having sex with ur boyfriends but when u get married it's like a must do and that's when u don't need a break whatsoever cos there's a bond almost like a divine bond in there. Don't get me wrong but as long as I'm not committed to any man, I can take breaks here and there just to explore for myself and my future.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by tunjikrown(m): 8:35pm On Jan 11, 2006
Missworld:

I really do believe in breaks as long as that person ain't my husband. U have a choice of having sex with your boyfriends but when u get married it's like a must do and that's when u don't need a break whatsoever because there's a bond almost like a divine bond in there. Don't get me wrong but as long as I'm not committed to any man, I can take breaks here and there just to explore for myself and my future.
yea i support your view and like what is happening to me presently ........i think ones need a break especially when the fight or missundersting is frequent and one is free to do what he or she likes because that period of BREAK you are not responsible for eachother.!
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by cillalove(f): 4:16pm On Jan 12, 2006
when ur on a break it means it's OVER. so yes, it could mean sleeping with someone else.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:36pm On Jan 16, 2006
da fact dat u're on a break doesn't mean it's over !!!!
if ma boyfriend went around sleeping wit other gals while we were on break i would definetely break up wit him 4 gud
whatever might av caused us 2 take a break doesn't come anywhere as close as wht he has done it wld definetely be OVER
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Rhodalyn(f): 2:39pm On Jan 16, 2006
dafman:

If someone's on a 'break' from a relationship and decides to have sex with someone else then he/she she should as well go on a permanent vacation
EXACTLY IM 100% WIT U
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by papermoon(f): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2006
of course its okay..wheres the rule that says it isnt..but thats just my opinion
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by virozuru(f): 9:07pm On Feb 07, 2006
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by abbey02(f): 9:31am On Sep 15, 2006
very bad idea tongue
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by Ferlie(m): 10:34pm On Mar 09, 2007
body na wood?
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by dremoney(m): 5:03pm On Jun 28, 2007
its morally wrong!!!
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by moondust(m): 5:15pm On Jun 28, 2007
can u imagine question o! shocked
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by kike001(f): 5:20pm On Jun 28, 2007
yeah i think so but its kinda rong but its called BREAK
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by amaikama(m): 6:48pm On Jun 28, 2007
Rhodalyn!! what is the meaning of break in a relationship? there is no such thing as break in any relationship!! angry you are either in or out and if u are out, i can go ahead and Bleep whoever cares to carry my dick inside of her for me to feel the pleasure she is moaning!! seun abeg no vex!! i dey vex as i dey so! angry if a girl feels she want to take a break from our relationship, i will help her to conclude the break.

A girl or guy has no moral right to break up with each other no matter wat. no relationship is perfect neither are the two of u. whatever happens in a relationship between a guy and a girl should be talked about maturely.

wat nonsense!!!! angry
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by ozoneflake(m): 8:47pm On Jun 28, 2007
Why a brake. Lovers never get tired of each other.
Re: When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? by gentlegg(m): 11:18am On Apr 02, 2008
HMM You shouldn't even sleep with that your so called "partner" when not on your so called "break" let alone sleeping with anyother person when on the stupid break.

YOU SHOULD ONLY SLEEP WITH YOUR HUSBAND OR WITH YOUR WIFE.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Annoying Things Ladies Do (pictures) / Rhapsody of Reality:Volume 1 / My First Experience With A Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.