Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

True Democracy Or Majority? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / True Democracy Or Majority? (602 Views)

IMAGE: viewers discretion is adviced' Please Is It Democracy Or Democrazy? / Is This Democracy Or Cheating?? / OSUN ASSEMBLY AND ITS COMMITMENT TO TRUE DEMOCRACY AND SINCERE CI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

True Democracy Or Majority? by viccipedia: 6:24pm On Mar 31, 2015
Ok so its time for celebration, congratulations to the incoming president.
I must point out the fact that though we the e-people who probably did not vote, or dont have pvcs must think that the people have made a statement! But my fellow Nigerians, it is not what it seems. We are the contemporary generation and must see things the way they are, not the way they are supposed to be.
The just concluded election, im ashamed to say is just a replica of an inter-ethnic football match. Dont be quick to assume or judge; A Democracy to me is a government of a people with one voice, and let it be known that if the problem of unity is not addressed, then we stand the chance of playing this football match every four years, and also are in the position of been used as tools to fulfill the selfish aims of politicians. This election is not a statement, or rather its a statement for some, and not for others. From analysis, statistics and breakdown of how ONE NIGERIA voted, we can categorically say that Nigeria is not unified, and might never be. The North voted for the northerner, the south voted for the southerner and same goes to the west. So how can we deceive ourselves by saying that we have made a statement? Have you made a statement? Have i made a statement? Have we made a statement? From the breakdown, you will see the only the northerners have made a statement. But after this, what happens to the so called underdogs? Accept defeat? In a democracy only the politicians accept defeat, the people vote to make a statement of unity. Nigeria lets come together to work towards achieving unity.
Re: True Democracy Or Majority? by Fatban(m): 6:27pm On Mar 31, 2015
Both#saibaba

(1) (Reply)

Gen. Buhari's Victory: A Blueprint For Success / 15 Amazing Things Nigerians Should Know About President-elect / APC And Extremism: The Case Against Oba Akiolu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.