Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! (21215 Views)

Pregnant Mother Of Two, 7 Others Paraded As Robbery Suspects / Police Arrest Boko Haram Suspect In Borno Gov’s Lodge / Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by lagbaja(m): 9:52am On Jan 23, 2009
http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/27049/42/

It was a shocking sight yesterday as men of the Kwara State Police Command paraded a goat as an armed robbery suspect.

The goat "robbery suspect"The goat "suspect" is being detained over an alleged attempt to snatch a Mazda car. The mysterious goat, according to the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Tunde Mohammed, while briefing bewildered journalists at the Force headquarters, is an armed robber who attempted to snatch the said car, Wednesday night, and later transformed into the goat in a bid to escape arrest.

He explained that men of a vigilance group in Anifowose Ipata/Oloje areas of the state capital had chased two armed robbery suspects who wanted to demobilise the Mazda car with the intention of stealing it, and

"while one of them escaped, the other was about to be apprehended by the team when he turned his back on the wall and turned to this goat. They quickly grabbed the goat and here it is.’’ Mohammed said.

The police spokesman said the goat "armed robbery suspect" will not be left off the hook until investigations into the case are concluded.

He also said that no fewer than five stolen vehicles have been recovered by the state Police Command while some suspects were also arrested. Among those arrested, he said was one Idowu Oni of Araromi area of Akure who escaped from Akure Prison.

He added that the escaped convict was arrested in Ilorin after stealing a Mazda 323 car belonging to Mrs. Henrietta Ayijesu.

He also said another armed robbery and rape suspect was in their custody, assuring that the suspects will soon appear in court.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by MrCrackles(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2009
undecided
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by zukkymike(m): 10:12am On Jan 23, 2009
How are police going to interrogate the "Goat suspect"?

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by jamace(m): 10:48am On Jan 23, 2009
Come and see, American wonder! grin Come and see, American wonder!! grin La la la la , American wonder! grin La la la , American wonwder grin grin grin. Oh Naija, the land of wasted talents. With this type of power, why did he not borrow one goat, transform the one goat into one thousand and one goats? He will then return the one borrowed goat and have one thousand goats to sell and make his money. If he is so much in love with mazda car, he can then buy one without molestation and police wahala. In fact, I suggest that the "goat" be set ablaze. Maybe, he will transform back to human being. Ewu mmmeeeeeee!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by FBS: 10:55am On Jan 23, 2009
jamace:

Come and see, American wonder! grin Come and see, American wonder!! grin La la la la , American wonder! grin La la la , American wonwder grin grin grin. Oh Naija, the land of wasted talents. With this type of power, why did he not borrow one goat, transform the one goat into one thousand and one goats? He will then return the one borrowed goat and have one thousand goats to sell and make his money. If he is so much in love with mazda car, he can then buy one without molestation and police wahala. In fact, I suggest that the "goat" be set ablaze. Maybe, he will transform back to human being. Ewu mmmeeeeeee!
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by RICHIEBOI1(m): 11:41am On Jan 23, 2009
wonders shall never end shocked
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by vikiviko(m): 12:09pm On Jan 23, 2009
Same old story human being turns to goat.

Police no allow the goat to escape, maybe the goat go turn back after much beating.

Rubbish!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by meexteriox(m): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
We really have a way of amusing ourselves in order to let off the steam of poverty plaguing the country.
Surely this is one. My question is this: Suppose the goat refuse to transform into human form again, what
happens? Will the Police send it to jail or simply use it for suya?

1 Like

Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Jakumo(m): 1:07pm On Jan 23, 2009
With this ominous new development, ALL goats in Nigeria must henceforth be regarded as armed robbery suspects, and all citizens must be empowered with legally enforced rights to apprehend any and all goats they encounter on the streets and bye-ways of our beloved country,  so as to herd those pesky critters home, where they will all be sentenced to death and consumption as goat's head pepper-soup, among other delicacies.

All hands must be on deck to save Nigeria from this new multi-species armed robbery modality.   Kill a goat today, eat it, and let God pass judgement on its criminal soul as you patriotically wash that goat stew down with cold beer or palm-wine.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by thetruth90: 2:43pm On Jan 23, 2009
lagbaja:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/27049/42/

It was a shocking sight yesterday as men of the Kwara State Police Command paraded a goat as an armed robbery suspect.

The goat "robbery suspect"The goat "suspect" is being detained over an alleged attempt to snatch a Mazda car. The mysterious goat, according to the Police Public Relations Officer, Mr. Tunde Mohammed, while briefing bewildered journalists at the Force headquarters, is an armed robber who attempted to snatch the said car, Wednesday night, and later transformed into the goat in a bid to escape arrest.

He explained that men of a vigilance group in Anifowose Ipata/Oloje areas of the state capital had chased two armed robbery suspects who wanted to demobilise the Mazda car with the intention of stealing it, and

"while one of them escaped, the other was about to be apprehended by the team when he turned his back on the wall and turned to this goat. They quickly grabbed the goat and here it is.’’ Mohammed said.

The police spokesman said the goat "armed robbery suspect" will not be left off the hook until investigations into the case are concluded.

He also said that no fewer than five stolen vehicles have been recovered by the state Police Command while some suspects were also arrested. Among those arrested, he said was one Idowu Oni of Araromi area of Akure who escaped from Akure Prison.

He added that the escaped convict was arrested in Ilorin after stealing a Mazda 323 car belonging to Mrs. Henrietta Ayijesu.

He also said another armed robbery and rape suspect was in their custody, assuring that the suspects will soon appear in court

can someone please tell me the title of this home video? stop ridiculling the nigerian police! this can only be the script of a comedy. if i were the PPRO, i would prefer to be sacked rather than ridicule myself. grin

court scene

the goat should be put in the dock while a policeman turns his back to the dock and become a goat so that he can interrogate the goat. the prosecution and defence counsels should do same too. grin

**aside** CAN NIGERIA WORK?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by GoldCircle: 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2009
Make una com see where goat dey thief Mazda car! Action film for Nigeria! grin grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by superboi(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2009
sincerly that goat be like my goat "tarfa" but if i go and claim him they may arrest me as an accomplice lipsrsealed
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by marydre: 3:03pm On Jan 23, 2009
grin grin grin grin i cant help but laugh, this shows the country is still backward.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by tboy1(m): 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
lagbaja:

rotflmfao  . . . only in naija  . . .  you gotta love our country  cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
How d hell do they want to conduct an interview with the goat?
What happens if the goat is found guilty?
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
i don laugh tire.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Afam4eva(m): 3:11pm On Jan 23, 2009
Strange things happen indeed, only in Naija.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kolaoloye(m): 3:13pm On Jan 23, 2009
meexteriox:

We really have a way of amusing ourselves in order to let off the steam of poverty plaguing the country.
Surely this is one. My question is this: Suppose the goat refuse to transform into human form again, what
happens? Will the Police send it to jail or simply use it for suya?
No, not for suya,it would end up as nkwobi grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by mustafar1: 3:14pm On Jan 23, 2009
superstition na bad thing.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Emperoh(m): 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2009
Pse someone tell me this is a joke?
Police no see work do again?
ha nawa ooh
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by fender(m): 3:24pm On Jan 23, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin wonders will never end in this our country oooooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by SisiJinx: 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2009
Jakumo:

With this ominous new development, ALL goats in Nigeria must henceforth be regarded as armed robbery suspects, and all citizens must be empowered with legally enforced rights to apprehend any and all goats they encounter on the streets and bye-ways of our beloved country,  so as to herd those pesky critters home, where they will all be sentenced to death and consumption as goat's head pepper-soup, among other delicacies.

All hands must be on deck to save Nigeria from this new multi-species armed robbery modality.   Kill a goat today, eat it, and let God pass judgement on its criminal soul as you patriotically wash that goat stew down with cold beer or palm-wine.

Rotflmao!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Lawd-a-mercy!!!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by TayoD1(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2009
@topic,

This story just reminds me why I love naija so much - there can never ever be a boring day!!  The high spirit of the people underscored by stories like this just makes that country one of a kind.  Laughter is good, and in many cases doesn't cost you much to get.  This comic relief will sure make many people's day in the country.  For that reason alone, I do support the continued propagation of these kind of tales by moonlight.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kanayo74(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2009
they should endeavor to put it in guiness book of world records

yeye story
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by BOSS7: 3:44pm On Jan 23, 2009
Please as funny as this is, let’s see the other side. Isn’t this a slap on the face especially the ones that think we are getting there and the ones that think there’s hope in the air? This is absolutely irritating in a country from whom you expect more. Justice is a sham, the authorities who are meant to be carrying out their duties are busy chasing and accusing animals as they cannot testify against nor for themselves.

In fact, what’s the way forward. I concur with @thetruth90’s question,

[center]CAN NIGERIA EVER WORK?[/center]
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2009
Bravo, to our 21st centuary crime fighters. Humans are now thieves in geat skin. I must commend the Nigerian Police force for exceptional indept investigation in unraveling mysterious crimes.
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Mustay(m): 3:47pm On Jan 23, 2009
I also had a good laugh when i saw this on the papers this morn grin grin
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by vicade(m): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2009
They Should take DNA of the Goat as Evidence  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I Love Naija all the way. Comedy. cheesy
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by kateflow(f): 3:48pm On Jan 23, 2009
wonder shall never end is this one a home video or wat/??//
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jan 23, 2009
Please take another look at the "goat", does not look like a real goat to me.

In Naija, anything can happen!!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by mustafar1: 3:52pm On Jan 23, 2009
this is what you get when 90% of a countries police force is illiterate. most joined the force as a last resort. they get paid and they really do not have to do anything to get paid. and they get some benefits. add to the list below if you wish

1. you get accomodation
2. your wife or wives get to own a shop in POWA markets all over
3. you get to manufacture kids anyhow
4. help me add to my list
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by Mustay(m): 3:53pm On Jan 23, 2009
It was also reported that the Goat "refused" journalists taking pictures of him angry angry

411 - that's a googled goat na!
Re: Police Parade Goat As Robbery Suspect In Kwara! by vicade(m): 3:54pm On Jan 23, 2009
Actually this story could be very true as in the Man turning to a Goat but it is quite funny. Colleagues at work just read it now and they are all High on Laughter passing it Round.

Even Mr Oga is Laughing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Buhari Was Absent At Emergency FEC Meeting – Presidency / Supreme Court Dismisses Atiku's Request To Inspect INEC Server / Buhari, National Assembly May Clash Over Ngige, Akpabio, Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.