Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,403 members, 7,808,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 PM

Drums On Fire. Questions For Yorubas??? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drums On Fire. Questions For Yorubas??? (488 Views)

Why Are Yorubas Few In The Roman Catholic And Also Few Yoruba Revd Fathers? / See Photos Of A Pastor Who Heals People By Rolling Drums On Them / Most RCCG Regional Pastors Are Yorubas. In Christendom Is This Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drums On Fire. Questions For Yorubas??? by KingSango(m): 10:16pm On Mar 31, 2015
I'm African American trying to learn about Sango drumming. That is on the BATA drum, Sango used certain drum rhythms to bring out fire, cause lighting, etc. How does one go down the long path of learning to identity fire patterns or storm patterns? I know they real powerful ones are secret but how does on bring out the fire of Sango in the drumming? I know drum rolls are Sango because of the rolling sound of mighty thunder. Also the slaps are like lightning when it strikes. But what are some of the patterns and how do you learn them?

Like this Baba here is doing a fire pattern.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1QrSU94sy4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWeDev0QWLc
Re: Drums On Fire. Questions For Yorubas??? by Hawlahscho(m): 12:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Contact me on........ grin

Don't learn it sir.... it's super natural

(1) (Reply)

QUESTION What Makes A Song Fit For A Believer / Is Going To Church The Only Way To Keep The Sabbath Day Holy? / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 21/06/15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.