Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,278 members, 7,780,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:13 PM

Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? (1018 Views)

APC To Buhari: Probe Wike’s Tenure As Minister / Buhari, Probe Jonathan For The Sake Of National Interest! - Theophilus Danjuma / $400 Billion Stolen From Nigeria World Bank:Why Are People Against Buhari Probe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by jafre: 1:04am On Apr 01, 2015
Just as Obansanjo probed General Buhari and cleared his name of all fraud allegations, it would be beneficial to President Jonathan if someone of incorruptible character such as General Buhari initiates a probe on him and his wife Patience Jonathan.

Such a probe would help clear the rumors about President Jonathan's Government and increase his chances for a honorable national award towards the progress of democracy in Nigeria.

Its all for democracy.. grin

Sai Buhari!

4 Likes

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Inkman(m): 1:47am On Apr 01, 2015
hmm thoughtful
well truth is
Yes he should be probed
from indications, the economic situation is terrible
we need to recover all funds stashed.
We should not be blinded by the concession
gej and pdp may decide to plunder our resources
during his remaining time in office
gmb should monitor him

2 Likes

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by braine(m): 2:45am On Apr 01, 2015
He should be probed.
Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Wallie(m): 2:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes but in the following order:

1. All of those that were indicted and reports were submitted. This should be a low hanging fruit to set the tone.
2. Then NNPC, power sector, and the refineries because they're too important to ignore.
3. Next in line should be all of those that think immunity shields them.
4. Lastly, the current administration.

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Nobody: 2:58am On Apr 01, 2015
Buhari must probe Jonathan, PEJ, Diezani, Okonjo and host of other thiefing politicians. We have lost so much money in the last five years that must be recovered. Okonja just took another $2 Billion loan last week and I don't know why.

A situation whereby Jonathan's mother donated 250 Million Naira to her community is unacceptable. This is a mother that was selling fish and palm-oil up till seven years ago.

2 Likes

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by AAinEqGuinea: 3:03am On Apr 01, 2015
Great topic, but I'd think GEJ could simply use negligence and maybe incompetency as a defense

I like this topic, I still believe President Obama should have done the same to former U.S. President Bush (Obama's predecessor) for his administration's full knowledge of the use of torture in the War in Afghanistan and Iraq, violating the Geneva Conventions codices of Wartime. It wasn't only known terrorists who were tortured, they tortured people who fit the most minimum signature. Even under the most bizarre and enduring forms of torture, the torturees would tell the CIA agents or soliders what they wanted to hear to simply stop the torture, most Intel garhered turned out to be misleading.

the story

No charges, no sanctions on the former president, his administration, or the administration's legal team who advised the former president that his acts were legal.
Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by AAinEqGuinea: 3:04am On Apr 01, 2015
..mis click
Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by oduastates: 3:21am On Apr 01, 2015
I will ignore Jonathan and his wife (as long as she stops meddling in rivers and bayelsa). You cannot jail him while you leave the likes Obasanjo, Babangida etc on the street.

For the rest like madueke, I will send secret agents with laptops to her house and tell her to wire every penny back to the country's accounts.

2 Likes

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Rilwayne001: 8:37am On Apr 01, 2015
He should.
Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Ralphlauren(m): 8:40am On Apr 01, 2015
He will have no choice but to do so.

The nation's treasury is virtually empty thanks to the mismanagement/corruption in Jonathan's government and buhari will need funds to meet his campaign promises.

So Buhari has to probe them and I expect a lot of plea bargaining from the looters. Return the loot in exchange of a brief stint in jail.

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by suwailad(f): 8:42am On Apr 01, 2015
jafre:
Just as Obansanjo probed General Buhari and cleared his name of all fraud allegations, it would be beneficial to President Jonathan if someone of incorruptible character such as General Buhari initiates a probe on him and his wife Patience Jonathan.

Such a probe would help clear the rumors about President Jonathan's Government and increase his chances for a honorable national award towards the progress of democracy in Nigeria.

Its all for democracy.. grin

Sai Buhari!

Seconded! lets take a look again at the ECA and the loans gej has been taking. Also we look at the pattern of military arms purchase, taking a cue from SA

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by omenka(m): 8:52am On Apr 01, 2015
I wouldn't recommend a public disgrace of Mr President anymore as opposed to my stance a couple of months ago, and my current position is hinged on the last action of the president conceding defeat. That single act of his has saved countless number of lives and properties. So as it stands, I'm leaning more towards a negotiated settlement behind closed doors.

But I would become number one critic of GMB if I don't see strong actions taken against the likes of Alison Madueke, Okonjo Iweala, Bello Adoke and the rest of the monuments of corruption in Jonathan's cabinet. It simply wouldn't be fair to the Nigerian people.

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by agriboom: 9:26am On Apr 01, 2015
He should and he will
Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by san316(m): 10:06am On Apr 01, 2015
My opinion is:

Meet with GEJ in a closed door meeting.

Give him and his cabinet members a two month ultimatum to return their loots(atleast 80%)

Then probe them if they don't comply.

If found guilty, seize all their assets.

Don't send anyone to jail. Especially not the ex president.

2 Likes

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by phlemzy: 10:21am On Apr 01, 2015
You can trust that GMB will not let go of key people in the outgoing government that benefitted from the several loots under GEJ. The several corruption cases swept under carpet are just too many to let go of. I will wholeheartedly support a probe of notable graft cases in the last few years. I expect that a great percentage of those loots be retrieved from whoever took them for the betterment of Nigerian people & infrastructures. Most Nigerians see an effective leader as one who is able to investigate corruption allegation to meaningful end.

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Nobody: 10:24am On Apr 01, 2015
he can ask for returns of loot. But he should NOT JAIL Jonathan.
But the corrupt ministers can be jailed.!!!!

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by benzion72(m): 10:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Jonathan has atoned for his misdemeanor, but if any fund is traced to him and his supporter especially Dokpesi, FFK, Doyin Okupe, Mama Peace etc

1 Like

Re: Should General Buhari Probe President Jonathan? by Canme4u(m): 10:40am On Apr 01, 2015
atbu1983:
he can ask for returns of loot. But he should NOT JAIL Jonathan.
But the corrupt ministers can be jailed.!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Okorocha Harvest Pdp's Bigwigs In Imo State, As Araraume, Amadi, Joins APC / Nairalanders ,is It Still Right To Call APC The Opp. Party See This As Evidence? / Photo : Police Allows South African Looters To Steal From Foreigners Shops

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.