Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,765 members, 7,802,337 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:43 PM

Can You Marry A Footballer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Marry A Footballer? (5906 Views)

5 Interesting Reasons Why You Should Marry A Typical Nigerian Woman. / Is It Right To Marry A Second Wife Since The First Couldn't Bear Me A Child? / Will You Marry Someone Who has been Trained To Kill? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Marry A Footballer? by Radiant(f): 4:45am On Sep 05, 2006
Marrying A Footballer?

Hey people! Just wanted to know your opinion.

Can you marry a footballer?
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by mamaput(f): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2006
Dependes .
Football players make good money do they not.
But i somehow do not trust them.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by beyunce(f): 8:17am On Sep 05, 2006
Yea me too. Dont trust them.

Example Vicky and Becham. You can see she's really fighting hard to keep her marriage.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Busta(f): 2:08pm On Sep 06, 2006
wat makes em diff from toher men? cos they play football? Marriage is marriag jo, footballer or no footballer, they're all same thing. No need to stereotype. lipsrsealed
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by iice(f): 3:06pm On Sep 06, 2006
I go marry one jare so that i can have all the goodies in da world tongue tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by nilla(f): 3:07pm On Sep 06, 2006
lol
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Busta(f): 3:09pm On Sep 06, 2006
iice:

I go marry one jare so that i can have all the goodies in da world tongue tongue
abi oh
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Chxta(m): 8:14am On Sep 07, 2006
Let's put it like this: I'm male so I can't marry a footballer. But I'd be very unhappy (extremely so) if Babayaro for example proposes to my sister and she turns him down. BUt then again, it's her life not mine. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by molluma(f): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2006
@ chxta ha ha ha
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by snazzydawn(f): 11:10am On Sep 07, 2006
Can I marry a footballer? yes!
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Seun(m): 12:33pm On Sep 07, 2006
I'm male so I can't marry a footballer.

As a man, you can marry a female footballer if you want to. Have you forgotten the Super Falcons as well as female football leagues around the world? You can marry them!

However, I don't want to marry a footballer. I'd rather share my life with a woman who does brainwork.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by nico(m): 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2006
If woman wants to marry a footballer
Be ready for a good kick, when there's no ball around. embarassed
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by iice(f): 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2006
Are his legs not priceless to him? grin
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Shentz(f): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2006
Who the heck cares, they bring in money
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Oracle(m): 12:19am On Sep 08, 2006
If i were a girl i'll gladly do it coz money dey come
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by miky(m): 4:29am On Sep 08, 2006
omo na option, if you see one if you no flunt that thing na be the last time in ur life. players wey dey make about 40 k a wee. second i dont see why dey would want to marry
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by twinkledew(f): 11:07am On Sep 08, 2006
i don't think so. but who knows.
i see footballers as ordinary dudes
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Greatpeter(m): 2:58pm On Sep 08, 2006
There is nothing bad in marrying a footballer.
They are human beings like us.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by candylips(m): 4:05pm On Sep 08, 2006
footballers wives is the in thing these days. see what the WAGS of the english team displayed at the worldcup
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Eurphoria(f): 5:12pm On Sep 08, 2006
[/quote][quote author=candylips link=topic=22299.msg597550#msg597550 date=1157727915]
footballers wives is the in thing these days. see what the WAGS of the english team displayed at the worldcup

Majority of these wags live very superficial lives and are in sham marriages.

TO the question. Yes i can marry a footballer, he is a man aint he? long as he is a good man. I think it depends on who you meet. They not all like Becks,Lampard,Roons etc. One footballer i really respect and love is Stephen Gerrard, very down to earth, not over exposed, dont see him doing the footballers party circuit.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by pati(f): 5:25pm On Sep 08, 2006
If a footballer possesses the qualities i want in a guy and he asked me to marry him , why not. Yes i can marry a footballer i love.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by candylips(m): 5:29pm On Sep 08, 2006
he would most likely have a lot of money so that in it self satifies all d qulities a girl needs this days tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by miky(m): 8:41pm On Sep 08, 2006
candylips you are talking, i dont see any footballer younger than 29 wanting to get married for sure, our own kanu just married a 18 year old girl and he is 32.if you find one do ya thing and dont forget to link me up
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by omo(f): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2006
if i and a footballer were seein each other long before he became popular or rich, i wld marry him. i wldnt marry a guy who i met as a rich and famous footballer becos he might later begin to think im a gold digger and i happen to not be after money so basically for d most part, i probably wldnt marry a footballer .
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by BONITAB(f): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2006
NOPE,
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Chxta(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2006
Well said Omo. . .
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Seun(m): 6:09pm On Sep 09, 2006
@omo: you claim to not be after money but there's nothing wrong with wanting money as long as you are willing to earn it yourself. You have every right to earn your own money and spend it as you please. Thank you

Footballers are generally not rich. Only the few ones that play internationally are rich, and their riches won't last as long as that of a businessman because once their bodies age they will be tossed aside like dirt. Ask Yekini.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by raphy(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2006
@seun
thumbs up, if a footballer have money he can invest it in a good way while he is still into active football when he retire he can find somtin to fall back on can u see dosu joseph , former nigeria internatioanl goal keeper he have a football academy namely tamuno enaimi base @ikeja he earn his living there taribo have churches scarterd across europe. whn he retire he ll be making money wit the church. cheesy grin even me a footballer not yet pro but i have plans .

note: footballers are human being like u when he said he loves u just take it.
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by Radiant(f): 11:09pm On Sep 10, 2006
Wow!!! 90% said YES! That's pretty interesting. I would marry a footballer too but I must be a professional person as well to avoid the "if not for me" crap wink got to do my own thing u know wink Cheers
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by candylips(m): 10:46am On Sep 11, 2006
well i can marry one too at least no be only women dey marry sports people
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by jayjaync(f): 11:01am On Sep 11, 2006
hmmm!if he has my kinda sense of humour,cool ,educated,cute,charming and know what he wants
then fine,did i add that cute not with bowl legs!oops my bad
Re: Can You Marry A Footballer? by candylips(m): 11:11am On Sep 11, 2006
dont worry he would be a fine bobo. u know those guys wey girls dey die for. six pack cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

An Ungrateful Wife / My Would-Be Husband Deceive My And My Family / Who Is To Find And Fond A House Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.