Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:42 AM

My Board Games In Vb 6.0 - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Board Games In Vb 6.0 (5209 Views)

A Comprehensive Tutorial On Vb 6.0 / Vb 6.0/vb .NET & Intranet/internet Application Development / Post Ur Vb 6.0 Questions Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 10:57am On Jan 23, 2009
Hello guys,
i built some couple of board games way back then with VB 6.0. i plan 2 upload them in this thread. i will upload just 3 games out of all the board games i wrote.
1. Tower Of Hanoi Game
2. Ludo.
3. Draught Board Game.

All the games were purely written in VB 6.0. If time permits, i will explain the simple principles of building board games in VB 6.0 on this thread and probably upload some of the source codes.

Take a look at the Tower Of Hanoi Game First .

ooopssss ! nairaland does not allow .exe or .zip file upload  shocked

ok try this link
http://tripleosolutionsltd.net/Downloads/TowerOfHanoi.zip
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 23, 2009
Interesting - i was thinkin u hav dumped vb 6.0 into the recycle bin and emptied it - it is finally time to learn from your paradigms!

How about i donate a subdomain on my site - and create something like www.games.mwebng.net and give u upload access?
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 2:49pm On Jan 23, 2009
dhtml:

Interesting - i was thinkin u hav dumped vb 6.0 into the recycle bin and emptied it - it is finally time to learn from your paradigms!
  i just dug into my archive lately. those codes av been written since. At least i av not opened VB 6.0 development environment in the last 3 years.

dhtml:

How about i donate a subdomain on my site - and create something like www.games.mwebng.net and give u upload access?
Thanks i will gladly upload the three games there, but i am working on a temporal link 2 be uploaded later 2day.
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2009
I too hav dumped vb 6 since - even before .NET i later switched to vc 6.0

Processing www.games.mwebng.net in the meantime, open a chat with me to get the upload link
or send me an email thru the contact page of my site www.mwebng.net
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 3:42pm On Jan 23, 2009
yea, thanks
i av uploaded it to this link
http://tripleosolutionsltd.net/Downloads/TowerOfHanoi.zip

it is a simple executable file, i expect it to work. without setup sha.

The game is the traditional Tower Of Hanoi Game but i wrote it in vb 6.0 to read more about the classic game go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tower_of_Hanoi
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by Kobojunkie: 4:02pm On Jan 23, 2009
Your Tower of Hanoi is an exe. Looking to see the code instead. By the way, where is the link to the Ludo game code?
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2009
No problems then - i will check out the stuff - though i have already created the space
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 10:12am On Feb 12, 2009
I av uploaded the executable of my Ludo Game Here, i hope it works without any problem cos to build a setup 4 the stuff is tiring.

http://tripleosolutionsltd.net/Downloads/LudoGame.zip.

I am trying to clean up the codes 2 some extent but work is very tiring here. but i can answer any question based on the implementation here.

the game was written in VB 6.0 and i rely on the manipulations of control arrays, a feature in VB 6.0 i am missing in VB 8 & 9 although there are smarter ways out sha.
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 10:27am On Feb 12, 2009
I av uploaded the source code of my Tower Of Hanoi Game.

I built that stuff when i just started learning VB 6.0 back in the days. So no argument about better implementation of the game. Feel Free to extend the code and improve the functionality , but remember to post it on nairaland so that we can c what u came up with. happy Coding.

Link To the EXECUTABLE FILE : -http://tripleosolutionsltd.net/Downloads/TowerOfHanoi.zip

Link To The Source Code:-   http://tripleosolutionsltd.net/Downloads/TowerOfHanoiSourceCode.zip

As av said, control arrays makes Board games pretty easy in VB 6.0.
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 10:50am On Feb 13, 2009
How To Play The Game :

1. Note d seed colours u are controlling.
2. Press CTRL+G to bring up d game settings.
3. Customize Player 1 nd player 2 names, select seed speed nd dice roll speed nd press OK.
4. Roll the dice nd note the colours of the seeds u are controlling.
5. Click on a die face nd click d seed u want 2 use dt value on (make sure it is d seed color ur roll can control).
6. To use the sum of the 2 dice, click on the Number button and the seed u want 2 use it on. (it will take the seed in d sum of the 2 dice value steps.)
i hope that helps.

As 4 d source code, i am not in a haste 2 do dt. It might be after d game as been appreciated nd seen working fine. But d tower of hanoi source code has been posted sha.
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 5:33pm On Feb 13, 2009
@Quotes From @Kobo from another thread
Kobojunkie:

Ok… Here are questions for you @DammyTosh

a) How did you store your values ?
b) How do you keep track of the position of the disks for each move?

(a) I had four different arrays (arrays 1 to 4 ) for each of the set of seeds (i.e blue, red,green and yellow seeds)

Dim rdtops(1 To 4) As Integer 'default pos -------------- this array stores the red top values at the initial state (Default)
   Dim rdlefts(1 To 4) As Integer 'default pos -------------- this array stores the red left value at the initial state (Default)

Note: In VB 6.0 a control's location can be known if we know the Top and Left Value.

(b)    Dim rdpos(1 To 4) As Integer    ----------------------this array stores the red position after the final count

I simply repeated that array declaration for the 3 other different seed colors.

I hope that helps ,
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by Kobojunkie: 6:25pm On Feb 13, 2009
a) Could you elaborate on how you keep track of position of each tile on the screen. 

b) Can you please explain the Algorithm you use in this game?
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by dammytosh: 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2009
Kobojunkie:

a) Could you elaborate on how you keep track of position of each tile on the screen. 

b) Can you please explain the Algorithm you use in this game?

Sorry for the late reply :

This is the trick. I placed an invisible control on every spot where the seeds can move on. And all these seeds av an index, so if a RedSeed will move to Indexed seed 30 then the new position of the seed will be set to 30
This is what i did. I av 4 Global Arrays

Dim redpos(1 To 4) As Integer
Dim bluepos(1 To 4) As Integer
Dim greenpos(1 To 4) As Integer
Dim yellowpos(1 To 4) As Integer

when i move d seed to a new position, i will store the new position of that seed in the corresponding array.
e.g if i move RedSeed 2 to a new position 30 (i.e the indexed seed 30), i will at that moment set RedPos(2) = 30.

As for the algorithm, it is the simple LUDO Algorithm, i did not design any when i was working on the game. all i did was to implement the code at the point of need. (Remember that  i was just fiddling with control arrays in VB 6 when i designed that stuff)

i hope that helps
Re: My Board Games In Vb 6.0 by samaseeem: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2009
I wanna ask you something

I have an assignment to make ludo game as client/server application using java as client and Ruby as server

so can you just give me something like pseudo code for the ludo game (I need that urgently please)

(1) (Reply)

List Software Development Companies In Lagos ( WEB) / If You Are A Developer, Take This Survey And Win $1000(New Survey ) / Message To Nairaland Programmers On Programming and Success

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.