Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll (30789 Views)

Fresh Anxiety In Aso Rock Over Buhari’s Health - PUNCH / APC Governors’ Visits To Wike, Udom Stir Anxiety In APC / Tension In Bayelsa As Patience Jonathan Plans To Hijack APC, PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by lalasticlala(m): 4:24am On Apr 01, 2015
Yenagoa—Uneasy calm yesterday, pervaded Yenagoa, the Bayelsa State capital and its environs, as the results of the presidential election were announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, showing the opposition All Progressives Congress, APC, candidate, Gen Muhammadu Buhari in clear lead.

Most of the commercial banks shut their doors to customers at midday as the final results of the election were announced.

The move, it was learned, was a safety measure against likely attack in case of outbreak of violence over the outcome of the election.

A source in one of the banks said: “It was a precautionary measure taken due to the tension in the air over the outcome of the presidential poll. We have since closed for the day but we will open for business in the morning.”

Also, Youth Corps members have expressed concern over the development, especially with the text message allegedly from the authorities of the NYSC being circulated, urging them to vacate their lodge or relocate to military barracks close to them as well as not to put on their uniforms in public for fear of attack after the announcement of the presidential results.

Meantime, the prospect of President Goodluck Jonathan leaving the Aso Rock Villa on May 29 has soberred thousands of Bayelsans, who had believed he would be given the chance of a second term.
All over Yenagoa, anxious Bayelsans were glued to television sets at home and in public places watching with keen interest as the developments unfolded in Abuja.

But Police spokesman in the state, Asinim Butswat, said there was no cause for alarm.

He said on phone that though some non-indigenes had left, “We do not encourage anybody to leave.”
Butswat assured that the Police were at alert to deal with any trouble maker.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/04/anxiety-in-bayelsa-as-buhari-clinches-presidential-poll/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by siraj1402(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
God save us
Meanwhile
Mr president should know that he might be good but Nigerians are tied of him for now.Let him and PDP go back to renew their plan for Nigeria aftrall 4 years is just around the corner, if APC fails to deliver people will not estitate to vote them out.
Let the president remember also that whom ever is the leader while Nigeria go wrong will never be forgotten. As we are remember Abiola so also we will mention Babangida.Awo,Ajasin,Bola Ige as we'll as Akintola can't be forgotten for their roles in this land and their sons and daughters were benefiting one way or the other on what their father has done even after so many years.The beauty of our democracy is that an Ibo man can't be a president unless u are either accepted in Yoruba land or Hausa so also an Hausa man can't be a president unless you are either accepted in Ibo or Yoruba land.You are not a president on only your people and you can't be supported if your mission is to divided us along religion or ethnic line.Let their be no tension as the president is only fortune to rule us now,had it been Yaradua is alive,I'm sure he will spend 8 years and Jonathan will only having ambition of becoming a president now if at all.
One Nigeria.
God bless Nigeria.

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by 14DUI(m): 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
STC, this goes to my newly elected president, President elect Muhammadu Buhari
The Change we seek for is here.
This will be a positive change for all Nigerians, home and abroad.

As for the topic, they can't do anything... even their brother knows this.
Sai baba jor.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 01, 2015
Welcome my President, Our President, No sentiment please. I know so many GEJ supporters including Most of those Nigerian Artist and Actress who called themselves celebrities that turn against APC During Campaign, Romancing with FG Looking for advert contract, We d originally supporters of BABA, Officially has forgiving you and Let move our great country Forward, NORTH,EAST,SOUTH,WEST One Nigeria, One Unity. One Love, SAI BUHARI.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by IamOpemipo(m): 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
O normal
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by buoye1(m): 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
I'm on Lalastic thread...GEJ we love you,but otuoke loves you more

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by yourmesprings(m): 4:26am On Apr 01, 2015
Respect Jonathan! Big shame he had incompetent people around him. They let him down.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Owobobrown(m): 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
in drake voice, hold on we going home

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by eljidy(m): 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
kkk....SAY NO TO VIOLENCE. MR PRESIDENT-GEJ SAID NIGERIANS SHOULD ACCEPT THE ELECTION RESULT AND IT DOES NOT CALL FOR VIOLENCE....GOD BLESS NIGERIA!!

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Nobody: 4:27am On Apr 01, 2015
In Ex president voice # Am Hopeful
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Chiefia(m): 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Accept defeat and move on.... GEJ is still a young man and maybe, he still got another chance for this... I think he should see this as an experience... GodBlessNigeria

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by M4gunners: 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
9jamostgrow:
Welcome my President, Our President, No sentiment please. I know so many GEJ supporters including Most of those Nigerian Artist and Actress who called themselves celebrities that turn against APC During Campaign, Romancing with FG Looking for advert contract, We d originally supporters of BABA, Officially has forgiving you and Let move our great country Forward, NORTH,EAST,SOUTH,WEST One Nigeria, One Unity. One Love, SAI BUHARI.
E.g Ini Edo.

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Nobody: 4:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Seun, for the last time I wan see the ghosts wey dey like my posts.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by 14DUI(m): 4:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Chiefia:
Accept defeat and move on.... GEJ is still a young man and maybe, he still got another chance for this... I think he should see this as an experience... GodBlessNigeria

Chance for where, may be Otuoke LGA
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by candidbabe(f): 4:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations GEJ for conceding defeat.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Johnbosco77(m): 4:31am On Apr 01, 2015
fear NORTH. God is in control.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by kardinalzz(m): 4:31am On Apr 01, 2015
The right word is disappointment.... grin
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by M4gunners: 4:31am On Apr 01, 2015
There is nobody that will not feel this way. Thank God they are not northerners if not by now we would have been seeing dead bodies in the street.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by 14DUI(m): 4:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Johnbosco77:
fear NORTH. God is in control.

Even the Bible says Fear North...

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by tinuolababy(f): 4:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Lol. He dey do them like film trick ni grin grin grin
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by LilDonne(m): 4:32am On Apr 01, 2015
#ChangeHasCome
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by boolet: 4:32am On Apr 01, 2015
I hope it is anxiety and nothing more. Now the focus shall shift from Otuoke to Daura for the next 4yrs and/or more, as the case may be grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Nobody: 4:33am On Apr 01, 2015
Nothing!
All na initial gragra grin grin
YOU DON SEE WHERE S/S OR S/E MAN CARRY LIGHT,OPEN EYE BURN DOWN HIS SOURCE OF FOOD? WE ARE NOT STUPID O. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by raumdeuter: 4:35am On Apr 01, 2015
Bayelsa prepare to welcome your son back

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by omenka(m): 4:36am On Apr 01, 2015
It is normal. They'd get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by cecs(m): 4:36am On Apr 01, 2015
Only one baba !!!! I'm so happy my vote count.....how many likes if your vote also count !!!!#one#nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by MaleoPearls(m): 4:36am On Apr 01, 2015
Let there be PEACE!!!

#PEACE

#SALAM

#SHALOM

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by omenka(m): 4:36am On Apr 01, 2015
candidbabe:
Congratulations GEJ for conceding defeat.
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Bawsse(m): 4:38am On Apr 01, 2015
To patience jonathan... I guess we are conductors of our lives afterall, we do need change ntooorrrr! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by Sodiumdawg: 4:38am On Apr 01, 2015
It is well.
Re: Anxiety In Bayelsa As Buhari Clinches Presidential Poll by eaglechild: 4:40am On Apr 01, 2015
There will be peace in Bayelsa.

Thanks to the acceptance of defeat by GEJ.

A quick move to calm frayed nerves.

By this time in 2011 it was already boiling up north.

We all can learn from one another.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari, Dolapo Osinbajo In Katsina (Photos) / Abubakar Lado Suleja Shares N50 Million Cash To Associates As Ramadan Gifts / Anxiety Over Cracks On N2.5bn Jonathan Commissioned Flyover In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.