Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. (678 Views)

2015 Nigeria Elections In Maps / Things To Do To Keep Yourself & Your Family Safe In This Week Before Elections / Having Bad Online Friends Could It Affect Ones' Real Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by hope2007(f): 5:08am On Apr 01, 2015
With this historical win where an opponent unseats a serving President in Nigeria, what does this spell for the upcoming governorship elections especially in the South South and South Eastern States. I have been watching PDP governorship candidate in Rivers States, because he has the backing of the First Lady he has been behaving as if he is the sitting governor of Rivers State. With this historical win of APC I wonder if APC governorship candidates will be encouraged and borrow a leaf from the General's book and win elections in their respective states.
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by Keegan: 5:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Emergence of APC Presidential candidate as Nigeria President Elect will surely have great effects and influences on the Gubernatorial Elections in Lagos and Rivers State.
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by TI1919(m): 5:35am On Apr 01, 2015
grin
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by Mynd44: 5:37am On Apr 01, 2015
It affects all states.

We are bound to see defections and people not being willing to put a lot of energy into the elections anymore. Senatorial candidates that lost would not be giving support to the gubernatorial ones also the HOR candidates too.

This is what happens when the presidential comes before the governorship, it takes the shine off it.

For Rivers, I doubt the APC will win but it will be more keenly contested as the machinery used last week will be relaxed.

Imo state is one, I know not much off

The SW...the only state that might be tight is Lagos and even at that, I doubt Lagosians will want to ne in that not so comfy position of not aligning with the party at the central. Considering also that the party has invested much in the presidential elections and lost, most of them will be playing it safe couple with a resurging stance by the APC. You also have people like Segun Adewale (AEROland) who is reputed to have spent almost more than Agbaje on his campaign would not be supporting Agbaje much as he will be counting his loss.

Bode George will also not be too keen
Agbaje is looking like an orphan now

I knew it will happen anyway
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by micolaj: 6:53am On Apr 01, 2015
Mynd44:
It affects all states.

We are bound to see defections and people not being willing to put a lot of energy into the elections anymore. Senatorial candidates that lost would not be giving support to the gubernatorial ones also the HOR candidates too.

This is what happens when the presidential comes before the governorship, it takes the shine off it.

For Rivers, I doubt the APC will win but it will be more keenly contested as the machinery used last week will be relaxed.

Imo state is one, I know not much off

The SW...the only state that might be tight is Lagos and even at that, I doubt Lagosians will want to ne in that not so comfy position of not aligning with the party at the central. Considering also that the party has invested much in the presidential elections and lost, most of them will be playing it safe couple with a resurging stance by the APC. You also have people like Segun Adewale (AEROland) who is reputed to have spent almost more than Agbaje on his campaign would not be supporting Agbaje much as he will be counting his loss.

Bode George will also not be too keen
Agbaje is looking like an orphan now

I knew it will happen anyway
Great analysis. Looking at the current political atmosphere in the country,it's also safe to conclude that, most NE and NW states are already in APC's purse.
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by ComradeAbu(m): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2015
I am quite sure it will be a tough and rough ground for Governor Tanko Almakura of Nasarawa. I wish him all the best.
Re: Apc Presidential Win: How Will It Affect The Upcoming Governorship Elections. by ComradeAbu(m): 8:29am On Apr 01, 2015
I really don't know whether the People of Taraba will give Mama Taraba the chance to bring "CHANGE"
I wish her all the best in the world.

(1) (Reply)

Before You Get That Nanny, Househelp - Security Expert Please Advise. / We Need Peace In Our Community (evbukhu Community) In Edo State. / Funny Things/mannerism People Display On Nairaland ;D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.