Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,869 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser (5893 Views)

2014 Toyota Land Cruiser Armoured : A Review of Gov. Obiano's Offical Car / Bulletproof Land Cruiser On Fire On Lokoja Road (Video) / The Toyota Land Cruiser That Is Faster Than A Lamborghini (2) (3) (4)

G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by AutosBay(m): 7:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Pick your favorite luxury SUV.

A - Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon
B - Land Rover Range Rover
C - Mercedes-Benz GL450
D - Toyota Land Cruiser

Source: https://m.facebook.com/chekinigeria/photos/a.271162616270784.71981.197602690293444/827936753926698/?type=1&source=48

Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 7:59am On Apr 01, 2015
AutosBay:
Pick your favorite luxury SUV.

A - Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon
B - Land Rover Range Rover
C - Mercedes-Benz GL450
D - Toyota Land Cruiser Lexus LS 570

https://m.facebook.com/chekinigeria/photos/a.271162616270784.71981.197602690293444/827936753926698/?type=1&source=48

Fixed!
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Youngsage: 10:26am On Apr 01, 2015
lomomike:

Fixed!
Lol. they are practically the same, just bearing deiffernt names
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Youngsage:

True that, however, he's listing out luxury vehicles. So let lexus be there for its a luxury vehicle too.

Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by icemann(m): 3:31pm On Apr 01, 2015
The G doesn't belong in this group. It's a 5 seat off road SUV. The rest are family oriented 7/8 seat SUV with better handling and poor off-road ability.

Other replacements could be,

Infiniti QX80/QX56
Lincoln Navigator
Cadillac Escalade

My choice would be the QX80. More bang for your bucks. One of the highest HP and Torque in this group, 2nd best in fuel efficiency for a V8 with over 5.5L and One of the cheapest for a luxury brand (if you wana save on Luxury).
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
icemann:
The G doesn't belong in this group. It's a 5 seat off road SUV. The rest are family oriented 7/8 seat SUV with better handling and poor off-road ability.

Other replacements could be,

Infiniti QX80/QX56
Lincoln Navigator
Cadillac Escalade

My choice would be the QX80. More bang for your bucks. One of the highest HP and Torque in this group, 2nd best in fuel efficiency for a V8 with over 5.5L and One of the cheapest for a luxury brand (if you wana save on Luxury).

Bar the G wagon, the toyota Landcruiser/Lexus LS 570 are excellent offroaders, with water fording depth of 1000mm having all sorts of technological weapons and hardware to confront the offroad war.

Its got excellent on road and offroad capabilities/handling. But even the Landcruiser don't come cheap at MRSP $80,000.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Homguy(m): 7:28am On Apr 02, 2015
Benz Gl 450.

Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 02, 2015
Youngsage:

dey r not oo, dey mayb in same class.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by lonelydora: 10:43am On Apr 02, 2015
Give me that Benz GL450 anyday anytime.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Youngsage: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
lomomike:

True that, however, he's listing out luxury vehicles. So let lexus be there for its a luxury vehicle too.
okay! Now I get your point.

But what really makes Lexus luxury vehicle over the land cruiser, since they look practically the same? The interior I guess?
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Youngsage: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
SAVEDBABA:
dey r not oo, dey mayb in same class.
I know, i meant they birtually look the same on the outside I mean. (the Toyota land cruiser and the Lexus gx570)

Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Youngsage:

I know, i meant they birtually look the same on the outside I mean. (the Toyota land cruiser and the Lexus gx570)
ok,i get u.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Nobody: 2:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
Youngsage:

okay! Now I get your point.

But what really makes Lexus luxury vehicle over the land cruiser, since they look practically the same? The interior I guess?

More premium quality finish, higher and better build quality and build processand better luxury amenities installed as standard, and higher sticker price.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by ivoryhouse(m): 2:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
lomomike:

Fixed!
The most competent off-road are the gwagon and the range rover. In this class I would take the range rover as it has technogy, comfort and can go practically any where. The other two are not in the same class as the gwagon and the range rover
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by nurey(m): 4:15pm On Apr 03, 2015
It seems most of you are just biased cause I believe you know the history of the TOYOTA LAND CRUISER but because its a japanese car, you have let the german machines over shadow the truth.

In the 1990s, my dad was given a J80 (1990-1997) which had its exhaust along the pillar in front just like that of the coaster bus, that car is one rugged no holds bared mule, it goes every where and anywhere and was as comfortable as being in a SPAR.

The land cruiser should be respected by the rest of those cars including the chairman that added the infiniti series.

The lexus version of the land cruiser may still not be on par with the G-wagon and the range in terms of luxury but if I am to take any to planet mars, the land cruiser will ALWAYS be 1st to be called upon. Germanfanboyz quote me if you want WAHALA.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Raymie(m): 7:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
nurey:
It seems most of you are just biased cause I believe you know the history of the TOYOTA LAND CRUISER but because its a japanese car, you have let the german machines over shadow the truth.

In the 1990s, my dad was given a J80 (1990-1997) which had its exhaust along the pillar in front just like that of the coaster bus, that car is one rugged no holds bared mule, it goes every where and anywhere and was as comfortable as being in a SPAR.

The land cruiser should be respected by the rest of those cars including the chairman that added the infiniti series.

The lexus version of the land cruiser may still not be on par with the G-wagon and the range in terms of luxury but if I am to take any to planet mars, the land cruiser will ALWAYS be 1st to be called upon. Germanfanboyz quote me if you want WAHALA.

Yhu're very correct. However yhu should understand that these vehicle spec are produced and purchased nowadays without the intention of taking them offroad. Who would want to scratch that expensive one off paintwork in the name of climbimg rocks? Yhur dad's landcruiser was designed for such purposes, mostly base spec, their only comfort option being air conditioning. From the G wag to the 450, they're basically large cars with very limited off road ability (cept probably for the LS). Anyways, my pick, the GL450. For the bae to do her school run.
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by ivoryhouse(m): 5:15pm On Apr 13, 2015
nurey:

That year land cruiser your dad had/has is the only Toyota I can buy. The newer models will not take you where your dads land cruiser can.
But truth be told, Japanese do not make luxury vehicles. I think it may have something to do with their culture, if you doubt this please google. The gwagon is a go-anywhere SUV,same as the range rover and they are also luxury vehicles to boot. Sorry guys, jaguar- landrover and Mercedes win this round
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by Marshalrhino(m): 1:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
G's always on point, anywhere anytime
Re: G-wagon Vs Range Rover Vs Benz GL450 Vs Land Cruiser by sultaan(m): 10:37am On Dec 02, 2016
You are missing the Escalade

Wonder which one sells the most?

Please Help Solve Extremely High Idle !!! / Nigerians In Shock As Us-based Man Shares Photos Of ”ladipo Market” In America / Is The Nigerian Police Still Issuing ECMR For New Registration?