Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:18 PM

Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong (1325 Views)

If You Have The Following Then Your Success Is Guaranteed / Bank Employee Jailed For Allegedly Crediting Family Account With N111 Million / Our Market Success Is Fired By Our Wholesalers - Diageo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by kay29000(m): 7:44am On Apr 01, 2015
Yes; I believe that crediting God alone for your success is detrimental to other individuals out there that want to become rich and successful. Of cos God has a part to play in the whole equation, but no matter how much a lazy man prays without working, he would never be a success story. This gives a wrong notion to a lot of people who don't understand that wealth is built, and not gotten by luck or from being favored by a deity. God blesses the works of your hand.

I see a lot of millionaires making statements like "It was God" and they just stop there, not mentioning the other ingredients that went into their recipe for success. Hard-work, dedication, specialized knowledge in your field, persistence, discipline, and focus are some of the core ingredients to have if you want to be successful in any field. If you have all these ingredients in the right amount, you can't but be successful.
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by Lolarez: 9:02am On Apr 01, 2015
And ur point is?
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by ebamma(m): 10:15am On Apr 01, 2015
God is never responsible for any success,
success is earned through hardwork, goodluck or being at the right place at the right time,
Even the bible confirms this in the book of ecclesiastes chapter 9 verse 11, and it says
I returned, and saw
under the sun, that the
race is not to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong,
neither yet bread to the
wise, nor yet riches to
men of understanding, nor
yet favour to men of skill;
but time and chance
happeneth to them all

1 Like

Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by kay29000(m): 10:54am On Apr 01, 2015
Lolarez:
And ur point is?

Did you read my post, or just read the topic? I stated my point right there in the post.
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by EroticDesigner: 3:46pm On Apr 02, 2015
Have you considered moving your post to the religion section?
just my two cents.

--------------------------------------------
If you are done publishing series of books and
need a box set template to use. I am at your
service.
I sell 3d box set templates useful for books in
a series. Send me a message on fiverr with your
Nl moniker in it and get a discount.
https://uk.fiverr.com/users/erotic_designer/
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by kay29000(m): 3:00pm On Apr 03, 2015
EroticDesigner:
Have you considered moving your post to the religion section?
just my two cents.

--------------------------------------------
If you are done publishing series of books and
need a box set template to use. I am at your
service.
I sell 3d box set templates useful for books in
a series. Send me a message on fiverr with your
Nl moniker in it and get a discount.

Hi? Do you design ebook covers too?
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by Opengates(m): 3:29pm On Apr 03, 2015
ebamma:
God is never responsible for any success,
success is earned through hardwork, goodluck or being at the right place at the right time,
Even the bible confirms this in the book of ecclesiastes chapter 9 verse 11, and it says
I returned, and saw
under the sun, that the
race is not to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong,
neither yet bread to the
wise, nor yet riches to
men of understanding, nor
yet favour to men of skill;
but time and chance
happeneth to them all

You mean God is not the one that brings success? And you are still quoting Bible to rob Him of His glory. Beware

Psalm 127: If did not build the house, the builders work in vain. If God did not watch the city, the watchmen are awake in vain.

If Paul plants and Apollo waters, it is God that brings increase.

So how come did you arrived at such context? If the race is not to the swift and the rest...then who gave them success? Are you the one if not God? Pls beware!!! Your quoting shows you turn it upside down. May God help you.

1 Like

Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by EroticDesigner: 6:44pm On Apr 03, 2015
kay29000:

Hi? Do you design ebook covers too?

Yeah for fiction. Mostly e.r.o.t.i.c.a

But I can try non-fiction.

But I don't supply stock photos. You have to get them yourself.

Send me a message on fiverr with your
Nl moniker in it and get a discount*

**a discount on two or more covers.**
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 04, 2015
kay29000:
Yes; I believe that crediting God alone for your success is detrimental to other individuals out there that want to become rich and successful. Of cos God has a part to play in the whole equation, but no matter how much a lazy man prays without working, he would never be a success story. This gives a wrong notion to a lot of people who don't understand that wealth is built, and not gotten by luck or from being favored by a deity. God blesses the works of your hand.

I see a lot of millionaires making statements like "It was God" and they just stop there, not mentioning the other ingredients that went into their recipe for success. Hard-work, dedication, specialized knowledge in your field, persistence, discipline, and focus are some of the core ingredients to have if you want to be successful in any field. If you have all these ingredients in the right amount, you can't but be successful.

The people who will tell you they know all the
steps to success are all those gurus out to get
your money.

Do not think anyone will tell you EXACTLY what he
did to make it. You know why? Because most times,
he simply does not know! Many are just at the
right place at the right time.

And what's that you say about "hard work"? I like
the way George Monbiot puts it:

"If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work
and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a
millionaire"

So keep praying!
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by kay29000(m): 9:15am On Apr 05, 2015
alignacademy:

The people who will tell you they know all the
steps to success are all those gurus out to get
your money.

Do not think anyone will tell you EXACTLY what he
did to make it. You know why? Because most times,
he simply does not know! Many are just at the
right place at the right time.

And what's that you say about "hard work"? I like
the way George Monbiot puts it:

"If wealth was the inevitable result of hard work
and enterprise, every woman in Africa would be a
millionaire"

So keep praying!

Did I say Hardwork alone makes someone a millionaire? Didn't you see all the other ingredients I listed? It is a combination of all those things. I have written books on this...I have researched the lives of the richest men in the world from Jay Z, to Mark Zuckerberg, to Dangote, to Bill Gates...There is always that element of hardwork in their success stories...if they engage in no hardwork "now" they did when they were starting out.
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by kay29000(m): 9:26am On Apr 05, 2015
Your George Monbiot has the mentality that the rich get rich via shady business deals and luck...Luck? I can never take any entrepreneur or motivational writer serious if he believes in luck. Go on with what you belief though...It is a free world. But I listen more to people that have done it than people that only give biased theories based upon their hidden hate for the rich and successful.
Re: Crediting God Alone For Your Success Is Wrong by dav8id(m): 9:42am On Apr 05, 2015
God is the First and the end, only him alone we shall give priase and glory

(1) (Reply)

Finally, We've Cracked The Code Of Online Business / Youth Empowerment Summit (YES) 2017 / Cryptogene Added To Tokenmarket.net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.