Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,908 members, 7,802,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend (11165 Views)

Stock Market Shareholders Lose N108billion To Forex Suspension / Diamond Bank Stuns Shareholders With Worst Quarterly Result Since 2012 / Ikeja Hotel PLC Shareholders Locked Out Of Meeting Venue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Adesiji77: 8:11am On Apr 01, 2015
Shareholders of Guaranty Trust Bank Plc on Tuesday commended the performance of the bank despite the challenging environment. The shareholders also approved the N1.75 dividend per share recommended for the year ended December 31, 2014.

Some of the shareholders, who spoke at the 25thannual general meeting (AGM) of GTBank in Lagos included the National Coordinator, Independent Shareholders Association of Nigeria (ISAN), Sir Sunny Nwosu and President, Nigeria Shareholders Solidarity Association (NSSA), Chief Timothy Adesiyan.

They encouraged the management of the bank to maintain its adherence to good corporate governance that partly led to the impressive 2014 results.

Speaking on the performance, Mr. Gilbert Imomoh stated that profit before tax increased from N107.09billion in 2013 to N116.39 billion in 2014, while total assets stood at N2.36trillion, representing a 12 per cent increase over the N2.1trillion recorded in the previous year.

He explained that GTBank’s customer’s deposits, which could be viewed as a direct index of public confidence grew by 13.3 per cent from N1.43 trillion in 2013 to N1.62trillion in 2014.

Speaking on value creation for shareholders, the Managing Director/CEO of GTBant, Mr. Segun Agbaje explained, “We recorded earnings per share of N3.47, pre-tax return on average equity (ROAE) of 32.94 per cent and return on average asset (ROAA) of 5.22 per cent respectively. He added that loans and advances grew by 27.12 per cent to N1.28trillion from N1.01trillion in the previous year.

Meanwhile, Mrs. Osaretin Demuren has been appointed as the new chairman of GTBank following the retirement Imomoh.
Demuren, who joined the board of GTBank in 2013, had a successful career with the Central Bank of Nigeria, which spanned over 33 years.

She served as Director, Trade and Exchange Department and was deployed to serve as the Director, Human Resources Department in 2004; a position which she held until her retirement from the Central Bank of Nigeria in December 2009. She was the first female Director of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

Demuren holds a Master’s Degree in Economics and Statistics from the Moscow Institute of Economics and Statistics, Moscow, and a Diploma in Russian Language and Preliminary Studies from the Kiev State University, Kiev.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shareholders-hail-gtbank-s-performance-approve-dividend/205616/

lalasticlala
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Redoil: 8:36am On Apr 01, 2015
In the history of dividend in africa gtbank has written their name on the plaque of the company that pays the highest dividend. With their bonus one for four my total holdings will be getting to 250 thousand unit.
If you know investing in stock market is a good idea click share.
If you know investing in stock market is a bad idea click like.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by MaleoPearls(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2015
The kind of news we want to be hearing now is about the following people and thing

1. Election euphoria

2. Jega

3. The President elect, the amiable and admirable, General M. Buhari (GCFR)

4. The outgoing First Family ( The tension )

5. The incoming First Family

6. The confusion/apprehension in the PDP

7. The happiness of the Nigerian People.

8. Others. This is where this bank news falls.

KAPISH

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by jeeqaa7(m): 9:27am On Apr 01, 2015
Ok
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by micrep3030(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2015
The truth is surfacing
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by klem93(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2015
is GTB performing cause they are fucking me up real big here
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Ask4bigneyo(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Even if GTBank dash me dia acct nos Walahi, i no go take am.
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by bobcharly(m): 9:28am On Apr 01, 2015
Better days are here!!!
Better Nigeria begins now...
Good people, Great Nation!!

2 Likes

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 01, 2015
Long live my bank.
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:29am On Apr 01, 2015
fellow nairalanders for 2 days now am unable to reply / post / modify/ quote in any thread on POLITICS on nairaland....what could be the issue plz help
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Ekowise(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
I'm not surprised .
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by modupeaderonke(f): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
okiezzzz
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Dividends of fresh change..
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by joystickextendr: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
okay

Meanwhile are u having problems with your joystick size or having premature ejac?? Check my profile/signature
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Skywalker5(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
hmmm, i thought someone wrote about the bank and that it is struggling. Thought i said that on front page here a few weeks ago

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by scribble: 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Best bank in Nigeria
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by samdon12(m): 9:30am On Apr 01, 2015
Thinking....
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by NoQualms1(f): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2015
Hmmmm.... I hear o
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Leadn(m): 9:31am On Apr 01, 2015
GTBank one of the best banks in Nigeria - but definitely not the best. Their customer service sucks, compared to UBA's

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by mzlizabelle(f): 9:32am On Apr 01, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
Even if GTBank dash me dia acct nos Walahi, i no go take am.

Lol, naso you hate the bank reach?

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by allisonluvsu(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
pls how can I comment on Nairaland?
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Lero15(m): 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
Guaranteed to take the lead!

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by martincbarton: 9:33am On Apr 01, 2015
good

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Sunymoore(m): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2015
Change everywhere
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by ireneony(f): 9:34am On Apr 01, 2015
gtbank should better return all the money they deducted from my account and that of my friends this morningy just to cover their debt.

wayo gtbank
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:36am On Apr 01, 2015
NIGERIA.
I will tell my children that after 16 years and 4
trials and three woeful fails, one school
certificate holder,Three different Political
parties,With only 1 million and 150 cattles,
Gen Buhari from the north won elections to
become Nigeria's President. I
will teach them the lesson of persistence.
I will tell them of a Goodluck Jonathan from
the creeks with no shoes that allowed for a
credible election process and honourable
concession of power
to the people's choice. and return to Otueke
peacefully .The First Seating president to
concede to defeat by the opponent party in
good spirit.
I will cultivate in them the values of healthy
competition, maintenance of peace and
gentility of spirit.
I will tell them of a Professor Attahiru Jega
who put aside personal interests to fulfill his
public assignment, remaining calm in the face
of threatening challenges and Political
Orubebes I will teach them the importance of
integrity and strength of
character in the dispensation of public service.
I will teach my children, so that one day their
names may honourably go down in the history
of this nation, just as the names of these
honourable men have today
GOD BLESS GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN
GOD BLESS PDP
GOD BLESS PDP MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS
GOD BLESS PRESIDENT BUHARI
GOD BLESS APC
GOD BLESS APC SUPPORTERS AND MEMBERS
GOD BLESS FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

- Synordic,2015

3 Likes

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Kentrasso(f): 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
Gtb wink
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 01, 2015
Good for them
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 01, 2015
My Revelation About Buhari's Victory In 2013 Came To Pass (link)
https://www.nairaland.com/2230394/revelation-buharis-victory-2013-came#32232008
Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by Gwammen(m): 9:38am On Apr 01, 2015
The bank I love so dearly

1 Like

Re: Shareholders Hail Gtbank’s Performance, Approve Dividend by ijmbadmission(m): 9:39am On Apr 01, 2015
Commendable achievement by the bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Join My Bonus With Minimum Of 5k / Meet A Nigeria Man Who Own three(3 ) Airports In United Kingdom (UK) / Urgent Need Of Advice On What To Invest With 2.5 Million Naira!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.