Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,101 members, 7,807,309 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. (1119 Views)

Elumelu Wins Africa Investor ‘person Of The Year’ Award In New York / Buhari Planning To Sell NLNG, Stake In Jvcs To Arab Businessmen From UAE -NT / Trade Union Congress (TUC) to Acquire 57 Percent Stake in Unity Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by nejifresh(m): 9:13am On Apr 01, 2015
Hello guys,

I built an amazing mobile app last year that enables people to find stuff around them from an ATM to Shoemaker or even the nearest restaurant. The most amazing feature of this app is that it works even without internet(OFFLINE).I called this app Finditt. Its available on Google Play Store. Currently there's no app like this in Africa.

So far i was able to get over a 100 businesses to subscribe. My Business Model is as follows: There's a BASIC and PREMIUM subscription. Basic goes for 5k per year, while Premium goes for 20k for 2years hosting. The Premium is the real deal cos it shows pics and detailed stuff about the business. Most businesses went for Premium.

The challenge i face is logistics. All the income generated is going back into cost of logistics. I recruited over 10 staff who handle marketing on both salary and commission basis.

What i desire is to raise funding by selling a stake to an interested investor. You can reach me on nejitawo@live.com. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by arbitrage: 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Impressive!
Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by EroticDesigner: 3:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
So how do interested investors go about investing in your app?
How soon will they get back their investment?
Plus how do we can we verify that that is your app? What proof have you?

Apple store is much profitable than Google.
What strategies do you have to make your app a best seller in Nigeria or in Africa?
Just because it is the first in Africa is nothing. It may end up being the last.

This and many more questions are what a Vc and an angel would ask you.
If you don't know what that means, then you greatly kid yourself about app business.

Also, don't answer the above questions here. A competitor or soon to be one may see it and copy.

Bottom line: Be careful of where you post to get help. If I was a developer, and realized your app was the first, I would strive to beat yours and make a killing.

Business is tough, don't be naive. You have a great idea by the way. Don't let anyone else steal it.

1 Like

Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by blym4real: 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
arbitrage:
Impressive!
you don't reply your mail.
Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by nejifresh(m): 4:35pm On Apr 03, 2015
EroticDesigner:
So how do interested investors go about investing in your app?
How soon will they get back their investment?
Plus how do we can we verify that that is your app? What proof have you?

Apple store is much profitable than Google.
What strategies do you have to make your app a best seller in Nigeria or in Africa?
Just because it is the first in Africa is nothing. It may end up being the last.

This and many more questions are what a Vc and an angel would ask you.
If you don't know what that means, then you greatly kid yourself about app business.

Also, don't answer the above questions here. A competitor or soon to be one may see it and copy.

Bottom line: Be careful of where you post to get help. If I was a developer, and realized your app was the first, I would strive to beat yours and make a killing.

Business is tough, don't be naive. You have a great idea by the way. Don't let anyone else steal it.

Thanks for the advice, but am not a rookie. I'm aware of the risks involved in putting up this info on a public forum. But i'm not scared of copycats. First of all the technology behind this app is way way advanced to crazy, its not kids stuff. I'll welcome any competitor who can replicate this. I'm just seeking a partner who sees the opportunity in this and the need to roll out first.
Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by blym4real: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2015
arbitrage:
Impressive!
Are you no longer offering paypal withdrawal service?
Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by jonescyras(m): 5:09pm On Apr 03, 2015
nejifresh:

Thanks for the advice, but am not a rookie. I'm aware of the risks involved in putting up this info on a public forum. But i'm not scared of copycats. First of all the technology behind this app is way way advanced to crazy, its not kids stuff. I'll welcome any competitor who can replicate this. I'm just seeking a partner who sees the opportunity in this and the need to roll out first.
List your app on flippa

Though flippa is about domaining, I have come across apps and site been sold together!

My idea though
Re: Investor Wanted - I Want To Sell A Stake In My App. by Olucheye(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Scrap Vessel For Sale / HOW TO withdraw your fiverr funds at maximum black market rate,no ex-changer / Lagos Based Businessman Dies A Month After Burying His Own Mother. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.