Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari (13752 Views)

MEND Congratulates Buhari / Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger / President Jonathan Congratulates Buhari - Vanguardngr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by lalasticlala(m): 2:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
The UK Prime Minister,David Cameron, has released a statement congratulating the President-elect, Maj. Gen Buhari(retd.) on his victory at the presidential election.

Cameron, in a statement on www.gov.uk Wednesday said,”I send my warmest congratulations to General Buhari on being elected as Nigeria’s next President.

“This election has been a credit to the Nigerian people and a truly historic moment for Nigerian democracy.

” The UK remains a steadfast partner for Nigeria as it realises its potential as Africa’s economic powerhouse and works to tackle terrorism in the region.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/uk-pm-congratulates-buhari/

5 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by noordean(m): 2:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
Keep the congratulatory messages coming.
The whole world is happy with this.

17 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Chinemeokpann: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Congratulations indeed!

Nigerians have collectively rejected the government of Jonathan and have decided to embrace change.

Farewell to cluelessness and stagnancy . Jonathan can go and help develop Otueke and leave the business of leading Nigeria to a more capable hand.

We have also congratulated Jonathan for accepting defeat BUT he will have to cough every single kobo he misappropriated, Diezani, NOI, Okupe etc will vomit Nigeria's stolen wealth if they have to

Sai Baba

Sai President Buhari

28 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Elslim: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yes keep 'em coming In. Remaining CHINA our next partner in development and growth!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
noordean:
Keep the congratulatory messages coming.
The whole world is happy with this.
Seconded. cool

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Texcoco(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
rr
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Dottore: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Na so
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ok.....UK, US, Germany, India, South Africa, China (BRICS nation has to contest for the first to comment on Buhari's victory)

grin

Sai Buhari

5 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Brimmie(m): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
[b]Dear Nairalanders, we all need to understand the concept of Greatness and Heroism. I have been reading Revisionist pieces and White-Washing of Sepulchres on several Social Media Platforms with different people calling GEJ a Hero for conceding to Buhari.

So he is now a hero because he conceded? Did he have a choice?

GEJ has played Politics with the Lives of thousands of our Countrymen for too long. History will never be kind to him. Note that He wasn't magnanimous by accepting defeat, the circumstances and factors were all against him. He didn't concede, he was compelled to. He didn't give us democracy, we demanded it and we got it. He is not a hero by any standard.

We should separate sentiments from matters of National Interest, all those who made hate speeches should be prosecuted. All those who stole our collective wealth must be jailed and made to refund the money.

Sending congratulatory messages to Buhari should not confer automatic Immunity to these Wicked Criminals.

The true Heroes are those who stood up in the rain to vote and stayed to make sure their votes count. Not GEJ who allowed impuntiy unchecked, to whom "Stealing is not corruption".

GEJ's concession of defeat is commendable, but not admirable. He must answer for embezzled funds.[/b]

- Brimmie (2015)

38 Likes 5 Shares

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by ammyluv2002(f): 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
We don hear o
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
I congratulated him too OP

3 Likes

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by DanWrites(m): 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
GMB, man of the moment.
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Rahmatuparker: 2:13pm On Apr 01, 2015
Success has brother, sister, cousin, Aunty, uncle, nephew, niece, neighbors, Coursemate e.t.c. Its all allowed.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by efilefun(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sai baba finally we got the certificate bigger than the one they have been searching for while you were campaigning and telling the whole world what you coming to do

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
We have heard.

Please let him start preparing for how to move this Nation forward for the next 4 years.
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by bcreamz(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
He is not the PM till after election in may.....and thats if he's going to win,which i doubt.
anyways.....#change
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by nedz(m): 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Well deserved
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by john4aguero: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
I thought they said we'll fight amongst ourselves, how come the change of mouth? undecided

#GEJ---GMB
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by pinkyruledworld(m): 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
Atleast all those GEJ till 2019 programed robot can shut up. Sai Baba, abeg no 4get d change. Click like if u really want change, especially in electricity, security and dollar issue.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by msmon(m): 2:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
*I hope and pray GMB will be the change we're yearning for.

*Whoever say GEJ doesn't deserve commendation will realize he's wrong come 2019 general election

*The UK and US should be ready to work with Buhari or just leave us alone

What's Your Opinion On The Conduct Of The 2015 General Election?
www.nairaland.com/2228880/whats-opinion-conduct-2015-general#32208601

Nigeria Set For New Political Era; What Are Your Expectations?
www.nairaland.com/2229068/nigeria-set-new-political-era
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Pavore9: 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yeah, we made history! cool
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by bigv(m): 2:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
I'm sure they were mischievously waiting for us to fight ourselves.

On the contrary for the love of country we made History. We'd be a reference point to the international committee of Nations.

Nigeria has got it right in its democracy. Please let's all work together, Buhari can't do this alone.

I see a New Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by jauntty: 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
GEJ is a Hero.

My respect for him increased tremendously when He conceded defeat and congratulated Buhari.

He showed respect, maturity, and placed national interests above his personal ambition.

If GEJ had protested against the result yesterday, only God will know the chaos this country might have been plunged into.

God bless GEJ
God bless the president-elect Buhari
God bless NAIRALANDERS
God bless NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by oluwafemim(m): 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
chipmunkey:

Seconded. cool
Thirded
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
I don't like this man u, they will surely vote u our... Keep ur congratulatory message... Eediot..

NB: omo nairaland dry nowadays o, wetin come happen... Maybe GEJ robots don strike for nairaland abi wetin shocked

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by PassingShot(m): 2:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yes oooooo
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Nobody: 2:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
pls everybody read my post concerning obama commending jonathan and see what i meant. NIGERIANS HAS BEEN GIVEN TO THE ENEMY.

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Bre(f): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
David Cameron must also prepare to congratulate the new prime minister once he loses the general election this May undecided

1 Like

Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by iyatrustee(f): 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Where are those shouting that that GMB would cry again?

you guys were damn right, He cried again except that this time it wasn't because he lost! cheesy
Re: David Cameron, UK PM Congratulates Buhari by Lilprincey(m): 2:21pm On Apr 01, 2015
If u ain't talkinq buhari then conversation qetz borinq..#Goodluck to Jonathan

(1) (2) (Reply)

Umahi Vows Never To Castigate Buhari / Sowore To Tinubu, Buhari: Your Time Is Up! / Ahmed Zainab: FG Spends ₦18.397 Billion On Petrol Subsidy Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.