Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:02 AM

Igbo For Senate President. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo For Senate President. (11507 Views)

The Qualifications For Contesting For Senate & House Of Representatives / The Battle For Senate Presidency: PDP Has The Upper-hand / Fashola, Tinubu Begs Igbo For Support. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by PointB: 7:19pm On Apr 01, 2015
bokohalal:
A look at the looming political landscape of Nigeria will reveal the side lining of one of three major ethnic groups unless something drastic is immediately done to rectify it.
Since the first two political positions are occupied by an Hausa - Fulani and Yoruba as President and vice respectively, it would be in the interest of national unity and inclusiveness to allocate the third most powerful position, Senate President, to the third leg of the tripod, the Igbo.
Granted that the Eastern states overwhelming voted for the PDP and thus ensured that all the lawmakers in the Upper House of the National Assembly are all PDP legislators, the APC has a chance ,before the commencement of the new Assembly, to Nick a few present PDP elected lawmakers to the APC. Any of this lawmakers, preferably from Imo State, should forthwith be made the senate president.

Senator Hope Uzodinma!
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by PointB: 7:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
talktrue1:
Minority cannot rule over majority. Igbos will not have any political power in this regime.
Senate President, Deputy senate president, Speaker, deputy speaker, SSG, None will get to them.
Its a pity

Joker! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
bokohalal:
A look at the looming political landscape of Nigeria will reveal the side lining of one of three major ethnic groups unless something drastic is immediately done to rectify it.
Since the first two political positions are occupied by an Hausa - Fulani and Yoruba as President and vice respectively, it would be in the interest of national unity and inclusiveness to allocate the third most powerful position, Senate President, to the third leg of the tripod, the Igbo.
Granted that the Eastern states overwhelming voted for the PDP and thus ensured that all the lawmakers in the Upper House of the National Assembly are all PDP legislators, the APC has a chance ,before the commencement of the new Assembly, to Nick a few present PDP elected lawmakers to the APC. Any of this lawmakers, preferably from Imo State, should forthwith be made the senate president.

I will tell you wat I told the other idiat. Ndiigbo dont care.

In fact Yoruba and Hausa should have it all. Inherit the earth.

Ndiigbo dont care for ur Senate President.

Take it and stick it where the sun dont shine.

just to reiterate!
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by laidian(m): 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
bokohalal:

I agree that the Igbos blew it but no better chance than now to look for defectors from the PDP to APC. I trust Tinubu , Buhari and Oyegun to differ from your view.

To look for defectors? You nearly cracked my ribs. Yoruba nation also suffered that in GEJ's administration, nothing new if igbo people tastes the product of their hatred. I dont support marginalisation of any form but our political calculations must alway be projected beyond line.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Sooroptimist1: 7:29pm On Apr 01, 2015
talktrue1:

Ike Ekweremadu (Deputy Senate President) but he is PDP. Unless they will agree if he decamp to APC

Even if he decamps,they should not give any latter day converts to APC or opportunists especially from the SE

When other people bore the hammer of the PDP,most of them chose to play safe and supported the insults being hurled at Buhari and Tinubu

The bigots amongst them even went to the extent of insulting their own priest Fr Mbaka in order to underscore their reprehensible disdain for anything APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 7:30pm On Apr 01, 2015
laidian:

To look for defectors? You nearly cracked my ribs. Yoruba nation also suffered that in GEJ's administration, nothing new if igbo people tastes the product of their hatred. I dont support marginalisation of any form but our political calculations must alway be projected beyond line.

U need to learn to talk without igbo from ya ewadu mouth. I no go tell u again. Did igbo ask for position, abi u dey mad?
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by PointB: 7:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

Even if he decamps,they should not give any latter day converts to APC or opportunists especially from the SE

When other people bore the hammer of the PDP,most of them chose to play safe and supported the insults being hurled at Buhari and Tinubu

The bigots amongst them even went to the extent of insulting their own priest Fr Mbaka in order to underscore their reprehensible disdain for anything APC

Well hear it again!

Buhari is an old frail, semi-illiterate son of a cattle herder; Tinubu is the biggest thief in the land. We totally reject APC and will do it again!

South East MUST have the Senate President even if the beneficiary is from PDP!

Now if that vexes you, grab a bottle of rat poison and soak in garri to aid the journey down your belly ! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Sooroptimist1: 7:37pm On Apr 01, 2015
cjrane:

[size=15pt]I don't think Igbo should accept anything from APC. Buhari as a person does not seem to have any anti-igbo agenda. But the key actors around him in APC do.

APC always plotted to exclude Igbo, so let them have their wish. Let them marginalize Igbo as much as their strength will allow them. It's all good for building opposition and instability of the APC goment.
[/size]

There you go again with your 'they hate us mantra'

Who amongst the people around Buhari hate the Igbos

When did they excuse Igbos......................If you dont know APGA was approached to join APC during its formation

While Rochas bought into the vision,Peter Obi the Tribalist preferred to align with PDP.....a system which have always backfired on even APGA anytime they go into an election against the PDP,which always cheats them

Tinubu appointed an Igbo man as the Coordinating Commissioner for Economic and Budget in the person of Ben Akabueze,Fashola retained him for the past 8years

Joe igbokwe have been the mouth piece of AC/ACN/APC since 8years now yet you say they hate Igbos.............why can't you people for once look inwards and talk to your political leaders who have always sold you to the highest bidders

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by laidian(m): 7:42pm On Apr 01, 2015
unstableaswater:

U need to learn to talk without igbo from ya ewadu mouth. I no go tell u again. Did igbo ask for position, abi u dey mad?

OMG! u re too wise to type this poo! Grow up man.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Charlotte15: 7:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
Only Ngige would have been suitable for this position. It's unfortunate that they supported PDP blindly.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
laidian:

OMG! u re too wise to type this poo! Grow up man.

Y are black men so stu.pid? So u think Senate President will end all the nonsense that have gone on for the last four years?

wake up! Na Senate President dey feed me? U dey mad?
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
When it suits them, they bomb and destroy Nigeria killing innocent people and when it suits dem, they preach peace.

Na who be the mumu?

Na our turn now, so dont think u can bribe us with Senate president, Speaker House of Reps or even President.

We want to do our own back.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by eposho: 7:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
you guys broke what you had, apga. which needed l.t.c. but true to type get rich quick idea with the igbos they voted for loser pdp
without even diluting there tot for a minute.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by nduchucks: 7:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
No sooner had we finished elections than ofemmanas and yimiris resumed their catfights. SMH
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by eaglechild: 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Alphaoscar:

So you want APC to abandon those that laboured with them for a newbie in the party and a defector all because you want APC to compensate your people's irrational and self inflicted political suicide ?

It will never happen! If you guys really want the senate Presidency then you should ask Ngige's opponent to resign and back out for the sake of the generality of the Ibo nation and the position will be yours.
Lol
Ekwunife won free and fair.

Why would she give up her seat?

I find it funny that everyone is crying for Igbos

Women of Jerusalem weep for yourselves

2 Likes

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Sooroptimist1: 7:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
PointB:

Well hear it again!

Buhari is an old frail, semi-illiterate son of a cattle herder; Tinubu is the biggest thief in the land. We totally reject APC and will do it again!

South East MUST the Senate President even if the beneficiary is from PDP!

Now if that vexes you, grab a bottle of rat poison and soak in garri to aid the journey down your belly ! cool

lol

na scratch e just dey scratch u......by the time e bite u......u go sabi scores

Can u hear yourself......'even if the beneficiary is from PDP'? i believe you are more sensible than you seem to appear

Go and force Ekwerenmadu or Uzodinmma on the people you insult nah and expect them to still vote for them to become Senate President

You latter day Igbo Youths are still hellbent on travelling the road to infamy and to make the same mistakes made by the people of yore

Unless you all are ready to build bridges and form political alliances.......i am sorry,you will all continue to vent and rant

The worst that you will get is crumbs

You no dey there,you say how did they share it..............na the one wey dem give you,you go collect

Thank God for Onu,Ngige,Rochas,Izunaso etc.......

By the time the Inner caucus of APC want to start brainstorming about zoning positions and posts,how sorry would it have been if you guys dont have people that can agitate and put in a word for your region?

Finally,so you think Ngige and Rochas will open their eyes and allow a recent decampee from South East PDP to just stroll into the APC to pick very high post?

1 Like

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 7:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
nduchucks:
No sooner had we finished elections than ofemmanas and yimiris resumed their catfights. SMH

The biggest coward in africa are abo.ki... u see ur life? u could not talk before, now u want to insult brave people.

We will finish both u and Buhari here on a daily. We no dey fear face.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by M17: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
ARROGANT KWUNU AND AMALA BASTARDS , YOU CAN'T DO SH..T IN THIS 21ST CENTURY . KEEP BRAGGING WE DON'T KISS ASS,

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IGBO'S PLEASE CALL FOR REFERENDUM , DON'T EVER ASK IGBO'S TO SHUT UP LIKE GULLIBLE ONE'S .

SHATAP YOU BASTARD 'S AND ARROGANT NIGERIAN'S ,BUHARI WILL NOT WIN THE NEXT ELECTION . I WILL FIELD MY FRIEND NAMED PASTOR SHEGU NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION . COME SEE POLITIC'S NEXT YOU WILL BOW DOWN .

WE ARE WAITING TO SEE THE CHANGE . cool cool

1 Like

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
The Bastard Buhari never turn water to wine?

Wat is he waiting for?
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Sooroptimist1: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
M17:
[s]ARROGANT KWUNU AND AMALA BASTARDS , YOU CAN'T DO SH..T IN THIS 21ST CENTURY . KEEP BRAGGING WE DON'T KISS ASS,

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IGBO'S PLEASE CALL FOR REFERENDUM , DON'T EVER ASK IGBO'S TO SHUT UP LIKE GULLIBLE ONE'S .

SHATAP YOU BASTARD 'S AND ARROGANT NIGERIAN'S ,BUHARI WILL NOT WIN THE NEXT ELECTION . I WILL FIELD MY FRIEND NAMED PASTOR SHEGU NEXT PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION . COME SEE POLITIC'S NEXT YOU WILL BOW DOWN .

WE ARE WAITING TO SEE THE CHANGE . cool cool[/s]

The same manner of insulting others yet they wish to be taken seriously

Kontinu

5 Likes

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Alphaoscar:

So you want APC to abandon those that laboured with them for a newbie in the party and a defector all because you want APC to compensate your people's irrational and self inflicted political suicide ?

It will never happen! If you guys really want the senate Presidency then you should ask Ngige's opponent to resign and back out for the sake of the generality of the Ibo nation and the position will be yours.

Thank you.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 8:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Maple:

Thank you.

Alphaoscar:

Dat will never happen, Ngige is sacked and should take a seat. We do not want Senate President or any Office in this (Buhari) Government.

We are happy to be in charge of our region. Unlike the YORUBAS, we wont die without participation in Buhari Government. We cannot be more bitter than seeing wat Yorubas did to GEJ.

Take ur Senate President and shove it where the sun dont shine.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
suddenly ngige has become a hero, Tell me, what beneficial bill did ngige pass as senator of anambra, what viable projects did he start and finish. You guys can eat senate pres. for All i care, afterall mark was SP for 8 years, yet otukpo doesnt have a befitting police post. ymodulus pls stop forming igbo-political professor, read "there was a country" "my struggle-adolf hitler" and the biography of gavrillo princip and you'll see that a crime against generations cannot dissapear.
BIAFRA KWENU!!!
IGBO KWENU!!!!
NDI'IMO KWENU!!!!
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by M17: 8:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

The same manner of insulting others yet they wish to be taken seriously

Kontinu

but you felt righteous when you insult Igbo's ,f...k you and your gang up , all these your negative ranting against IGBO'S

WILL HUNT YOU AZZ .OLES . I SAID ARROGANT BASTARDS .
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
unstableaswater:

Dat will never happen, Ngige is sacked and should take a seat. We do not want Senate President or any Office in this (Buhari) Government.

We are happy to be in charge of our region.
nwanne, see this ofemmánu pipu sef.... david mark was SP for 8 years yet otukpo doesnt have a standard police post, they should go and die abeg, post or no post ND'IGBO IS MOVING FORWARD.
IGBO KWENU!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Sooroptimist1: 8:15pm On Apr 01, 2015
M17:

[s] but you felt righteous when you insult Igbo's ,f...k you and your gang up , all these your negative ranting against IGBO'S

WILL HUNT YOU AZZ .OLES . I SAID ARROGANT BASTARDS . [/s]

Same of the Old same
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by M17: 8:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sooroptimist1:

Same of the Old same

ARROGANT SMELLY NASTY BASTARD
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 8:18pm On Apr 01, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:

nwanne, see this ofemmánu pipu sef.... david mark was SP for 8 years yet otukpo doesnt have a standard police post, they should go and die abeg, post or no post ND'IGBO IS MOVING FORWARD.
IGBO KWENU!!!!!

Nwanne, dis is the spirit of Igbos. This is y dey will forever marvel at our strength as a people, peseverance and determination.

I have made up my mind that i gain nothing from Senate President other than fame glory that is not reflected in our region.

Let the Hausa and Yoruba have all the Offices in Government and allow us to hold a referendum on staying in Nigeria or leave.

It is a UN referendum and it is our right and privileged. We no do again, no be by force.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let me take the opportunity to ask dat ABO.ki nduchucks, wat happened to Boko Haram Bomb?

Why no bomb now for four days?
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 8:24pm On Apr 01, 2015
unstableaswater:

Nwanne, dis is the spirit of Igbos. This is y dey will forever marvel at our strength as a people, peseverance and determination.

I have made up my mind that i gain nothing from Senate President other than fame glory that is not reflected in our region.

Let the Hausa and Yoruba have all the Offices in Government and allow us to hold a referendum on staying in Nigeria or leave.

It is a UN referendum and it is our right and privileged. We no do again, no be by force.
ojukwu, achebe and co, as adroit philosophers and adept historians foresaw this future. one Nigeria is a british scam that must be broken.
Re: Igbo For Senate President. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sloan:

Ibos made their bed, now they MUST lie on it! No one forced you to vote against APC, but now you want to benefit from their toil, hardwork and sweat? There was nothing dangerous when Ibos supported a man who watched 15K - 20K Nigerians killed and yet supported him! It could never be more dangerous to let Ibos go and work hard to gain political office and relevance! As it is, the Senate Presidency MUST stay in APC, with someone and a region that is all-legs and all-fingers in and not a loser people who are still dreaming of biafrua. Did the NC work hard for APC, heck they did, and if any APC strongman is there, he should get the seat! If Ibos don't like it, they can go and start working hard against 2019 and hope they come to vote with their brains functioning at that time. Again, the Yorubas you abuse and insult have shown you why they built an empire that lasted for more than 505 years while you were still in your forests, eating each other! The same Yorubas were responsible for giving Jonathan the opportunity to lead Nigeria from OBJ to Save Nigeria Group, but Ibos were quick to claim the credit for something they did not work for!

Well, in another 4 years time, would you still be begging for political relevance or you'd be working hard after learning from the behemoths of political sagacity and mental superiority in the South of Nigeria called the Yorubas! For a sensible people, you should be looking for a few of your smartest brains to go and learn under Asiwaju Tinubu, otherwise you'd be politically extinct soon!

Excellent

3 Likes

Re: Igbo For Senate President. by unstableaswater: 8:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
EZEIGBO1OFIMO:
ojukwu, achebe and co, as adroit philosophers and adept historians foresaw this future. one Nigeria is a british scam that must be broken.

The Black man is the scum of the earth.

Just becos of Nigerdelta oil, they killed so much innocent people.

I still remember the pics of those women and children whose body parts where scattered on the ground.

I no longer belong to the black race. I totally disown dem.

Nwanne after Ndiigbo, i associate mainly with non Africans and non blacks.

I choose very wisely. NIGERIA MADE ME THIS WAY.

I HATE ALL BLACKS AND AFRICANS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Should Dump Osinbanjo Now! / Population Surge Threatening Lagos Island’s Economic Growth – LCCI / Nduka Obaigbena, Blames Boko-Haram For Unpaid Staff Salaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.