Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,739 members, 7,802,247 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

How To Start A Fashion Blog. - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Start A Fashion Blog. (7613 Views)

Do You Love Fashion? Why Dont You Have A Fashion Blog Here / Latest Bridals Fashion Blog / How To Set Up A Fashion Blog & Showcase Your Talent To The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
MsBella:
Thanks to the OP for this thread as well as the contributors. I am also making plans towards building my own blog. I have done alot of research, particularly on webhost companies.

I intend using Wordpress and siteground. Alot of people would recommend Bluehost but the recent reviews on security and inefficient customer care is not encouraging.

Well, I am here to learn. Few questions I have to ask:

1. Should I start with a registered domain name or just start and register later?
2. Why do some blogs have issues with optimizing viewing options for mobile users? That is when you use yoir phone, the blog appears as desktop version.
3. Other than adsense, affiliates etc, what other way can a blog be monetized?

the reasons some blog have problems for mobile users it because of the theme or the php in the theme that's been spoilt when trying too customized it.. So if you wanna start blogging just register as for me am using a free domain nw which is dot.tk domain... I can use it for a while. Which my blog is glamourscenes.tk... But there gonna be alot of difficulties for newbies... I can explain more on whatsapp... 2349021151077
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Apr 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
an android, buh the wisest told me its difficult using android, and I've tried blogger, it didn't work.

am not using app too blog cause its takes too much time too load when there is low network coverage... So i do use my java phone too blog... People are surprise but am good at it... Its easy for me on my java phone.. I don't need a laptop or my android phone... But as long as i understand wordpress blogging i use my phone. @ www.glamourscenes.tk
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 1:29pm On Apr 07, 2015
Glamourscenes:

the reasons some blog have problems for mobile users it because of the theme or the php in the theme that's been spoilt when trying too customized it.. So if you wanna start blogging just register as for me am using a free domain nw which is dot.tk domain... I can use it for a while. Which my blog is glamourscenes.tk... But there gonna be alot of difficulties for newbies... I can explain more on whatsapp... 2349021151077

Thanks for the reply. I will add you on Whatsapp.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 07, 2015
MsBella:

Thanks for the reply. I will add you on Whatsapp.
itz my pleasure
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Apr 07, 2015
@MsBella , May I ask what niche you're targeting before going into ways of generating income.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 7:23pm On Apr 07, 2015
Brandnew2:
@MsBella , May I ask what niche you're targeting before going into ways of generating income.

Hello Brandnew,

The niche is on weight loss. That blog is going to serve as my online documentation of the first 90 days of my weight loss journey.

Depending on how it is received and how sucessful I am at losing weight, I want it to evolve to that one-stop place for fitness enthusiasts.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 07, 2015
MsBella:

Hello Brandnew,

The niche is on weight loss. That blog is going to serve as my online documentation of the first 90 days of my weight loss journey.

Depending on how it is received and how sucessful I am at losing weight, I want it to evolve to that one-stop place for fitness enthusiasts.
Great!
So what's stopping you?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:07pm On Apr 07, 2015
Glamourscenes:

am not using app too blog cause its takes too much time too load when there is low network coverage... So i do use my java phone too blog... People are surprise but am good at it... Its easy for me on my java phone.. I don't need a laptop or my android phone... But as long as i understand wordpress blogging i use my phone. @ www.glamourscenes.tk
hmm didnt know u could blog with a mobile java fone..
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Apr 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
hmm didnt know u could blog with a mobile java fone..
lols i try using my android but its too slow.. So i switch too java phone.. And its helping alot.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 8:58pm On Apr 07, 2015
Brandnew2:

Great!
So what's stopping you?

A couple of things and probably fear of the unknown...
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Wittylens(m): 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2015
MsBella:
Thanks to the OP for this thread as well as the contributors. I am also making plans towards building my own blog. I have done alot of research, particularly on webhost companies.

I intend using Wordpress and siteground. Alot of people would recommend Bluehost but the recent reviews on security and inefficient customer care is not encouraging.

Well, I am here to learn. Few questions I have to ask:

1. Should I start with a registered domain name or just start and register later?
2. Why do some blogs have issues with optimizing viewing options for mobile users? That is when you use yoir phone, the blog appears as desktop version.
3. Other than adsense, affiliates etc, what other way can a blog be monetized?

1) yes , based on experience its more adviseable to use a custom domain for starters.

2) there are different reasons for that. It could be that the site is not properly optimised for mobile viewing.

3) you can sell e-books. If you're a good marketer you will make insane profit.

Yes! You made the right choice. Wordpress is the best CMS On earth. You will enjoy every moment with wp. As for hosting i can vouch for hostgator.

Need more help , support with getting started? I'm just a quote away.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2015
MsBella:

A couple of things and probably fear of the unknown...
Just have fun with it. Don't focus too much about making money for a start. Opportunities will come knocking in due time.

So what are the other things stopping you?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Wittylens(m): 10:55pm On Apr 07, 2015
EroticAngelina:
I'm thinking of starting a blog.. so I googled 'most views blogs of 2014' and guess what topped the list.. fashion blog, yes. I want to start blogging.
I need help from all the Nairaland fashion bloggers, what are the things I need to start? and which web hosting platform is good and reliable? blogger seems nice, but it looks stressful to me, and they are too strict. but I don't wanna buy my domain for now. so how do I go about it?
and again, how can I make money with AdSense on my blog(even if its not mine)
answering all these questions would mean the world to me, I'd really appreciate it. thanks
I'm really serious abt this.

First off , congrats for having the courage to venture into the uncertain world of blogging. We hope your addition will bring more quality than quantity.

I can see you've started something , great! However , i just checked your blog and from what i see , you're less likely to succeed.

First off , your choice of niche and the manner you chose it. Did you do proper research? Did you analyse your competition? Did you map out strategies to stand out in that niche? I think you chose it because thats what most females are doing.

Secondly , you're too eager to get an adsense accnt. Making money via adsense is not easy. Dont let anyone deceive you. You'd need lots of traffic. You're just starting , you should worry more about getting quality content.

Lastly , you need to change your domain name to something less complex.

I'm not trying to discourage you. I just dnt want you to fail even before starting.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Joshuabak: 11:16pm On Apr 07, 2015
I usually tell people that blogging is not for the lazy ones...it requires a lot of hard work and passion. Having a team of like minded guys to work with won't be a bad idea.

Www.Kamaroozy.com
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 6:47am On Apr 08, 2015
Wittylens:

1) yes , based on experience its more adviseable to use a custom domain for starters.

2) there are different reasons for that. It could be that the site is not properly optimised for mobile viewing.

3) you can sell e-books. If you're a good marketer you will make insane profit.

Yes! You made the right choice. Wordpress is the best CMS On earth. You will enjoy every moment with wp. As for hosting i can vouch for hostgator.

Need more help , support with getting started? I'm just a quote away.

Thank you for your opinion and support. I will be sure to quote you as time goes on. However, what add-ons/plug-ins do you think I should have on my blog?

I have visited some Nigerian weight loss blogs and I was delighted to see ads that were related to fitness and not the regular Konga, Jumia, Dealdey and Aliexpress ads that litter most blogs.

Do I need to sign up for some of these targeted ads?

If over time I am able to establish an active community of users and decide to sell fitness related stuff, would there be some kind of restriction from lets say Wordpress/hostgator?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 6:54am On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:

Just have fun with it. Don't focus too much about making money for a start. Opportunities will come knocking in due time.

So what are the other things stopping you?

I am trying to make a decision on my exercise regimen like whether I should sign up for bootcamp or just go ahead and get an exercise dvd. Either of the two options have advantages and disadvantages. I will sort this out when I have properly weighed my options.

In the long run, the financial aspect of blogging will matter. For now, I am concerned with starting properly.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:04am On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:

I am trying to make a decision on my exercise regimen like whether I should sign up for bootcamp or just go ahead and get an exercise dvd. Either of the two options have advantages and disadvantages. I will sort this out when I have properly weighed my options.

In the long run, the financial aspect of blogging will matter. For now, I am concerned with starting properly.

What's your vision for this weight loss blog Bella?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 9:24am On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:

Very nice.

You can as well sign up in a gym and let your coach know about your goals I.e weight loss.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 12:20pm On Apr 08, 2015
I want my blog to be a successful one stop place for fitness enthusiasts. A great place for healthly Nigerian recipes, meal plans, exercise routines (plan on making my own videos in future) etc. cc: TheWisest
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 12:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:
I want my blog to be a successful one stop place for fitness enthusiasts. A great place for healthly Nigerian recipes, meal plans, exercise routines (plan on making my own videos in future) etc. cc: TheWisest

most females that blogs get fedup cause they wanted to blog for money.. I mean the lazy once.. They think its easy.. But dear. If you wanna blog.. Don't blog because of money or income. Just blog cause you want to do it. Don't worry ad will come ur way.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 1:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Glamourscenes:

most females that blogs get fedup cause they wanted to blog for money.. I mean the lazy once.. They think its easy.. But dear. If you wanna blog.. Don't blog because of money or income. Just blog cause you want to do it. Don't worry ad will come ur way.
Thank you for your input. Apart from the fact I want to blog, I am doing it mainly for accountability sake and because I like writing.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:

Good! You know your MISSION. Now what's your vision, what do you see for your blog in the future, something tangible? - to have 1million subscribers in 3 to 5 years, to become incorporated as a company? Etc
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by MsBella: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
TheWisest:

Good! You know your MISSION. Now what's your vision, what do you see for your blog in the future, something tangible? - to have 1million subscribers in 3 to 5 years, to become incorporated as a company? Etc
My vision:
1. To have a business that transends from my blog. A fitness centre, different from the norm.
2. To have atleast 1 million suscribers within 2 - 3 years of blogging.
3. Hit some major endorsements cheesy etc
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
Eroticangelina hope you're following.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:

My vision:
1. To have a business that transends from my blog. A fitness centre, different from the norm.
2. To have atleast 1 million suscribers within 2 - 3 years of blogging.
3. Hit some major endorsements cheesy etc

Good... Please start noting down these things coz what we re doing now is designing your blog strategically so that you ll be more conscious of what you re doing. Next, let me ask, are there other nigerian weight loss blogs?
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:
Eroticangelina hope you're following.
yeah
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
yeah
I'm not now seeing posts on politics. You need to focus babe. cool

**corrections made**
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:

I'm not seeing posts on politics. You need to focus babe. cool
phew I'll try.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Wittylens(m): 8:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
MsBella:

Thank you for your opinion and support. I will be sure to quote you as time goes on. However, what add-ons/plug-ins do you think I should have on my blog?

I have visited some Nigerian weight loss blogs and I was delighted to see ads that were related to fitness and not the regular Konga, Jumia, Dealdey and Aliexpress ads that litter most blogs.

Do I need to sign up for some of these targeted ads?

If over time I am able to establish an active community of users and decide to sell fitness related stuff, would there be some kind of restriction from lets say Wordpress/hostgator?

For starters , you can install wordfence , jetpack , broken link checker , seo by yoast , mobilepress(for mobile view).

If you're using adsense , you have no control over what ads you see on your blog. Google displays ads based on keywords. So if your niche is on fitness , the ads you're most likely to see will be on fitness ; although konga / jumia ads may show sometimes.

No. No restrictions whatsoever.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
EroticAngelina:
phew I'll try.
I know you can do it.
Re: How To Start A Fashion Blog. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
Brandnew2:

I know you can do it.
thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lipstick Or Lipgloss / Tiatio Serum Reviews!!! / Pls Tell Mi D Best Way To Shave!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.