Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,939 members, 7,799,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss (40014 Views)

Ali Dikwa: CAN Paid Me N1m To Keep Quiet Over Jonathan’s N7bn Largesse / Chief Don Etiebet Visits Buhari / Jonathan Election Loss May Be Nigeria Positive - Bloomberg News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by lalasticlala(m): 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2015
Governor Godswill Akpabio of Akwa Ibom State, and a former Minister of Petroleum, Don Etiebet, have traded blames over the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP’s loss at the presidential polls Saturday.

Mr. Etiebet had while reacting to Muhammadu Buhari’s emergence as president-elect blamed Mr. Akpabio for President Goodluck Jonathan’s defeat.
But Mr. Akpabio described the former minister’s allegation as “strange, baseless and mischievous” saying Mr. Etiebet should tell the world what he did to ensure the PDP won the presidential election.
The governor, who reacted through his Chief Press Secretary, Anietie Ukpe, accused Mr. Etiebet of being a fifth columnist in the ranks of the PDP.
The former minister, who is also a member of the PDP Board of Trustees, said he has been vindicated about the concerned he expressed against Mr. Akpabio’s overwhelming influence on Mr. Jonathan.
When he discovered a crack in the party structure, Mr. Etiebet said he tried to get access to Mr. Jonathan but Mr. Akpabio would not allow him or other well-meaning persons from the state to see the president.

Mr. Etiebet, therefore, attributed the failure of Mr. Jonathan to retain the presidency to a rebellion against the PDP, adding that half of the votes that gave Mr. Buhari victory came from states controlled by the party.
He, however, described Mr. Jonathan’s timely actions in congratulating Mr. Buhari and conceding defeat as “a new beginning for the country’s politics”.

Mr. Etiebet also described the outcome of the elections in which the incumbent president lost to an opposition candidate as “historic.”

“I will also like to say that it was not APC winning. It was not PDP losing. Do you know that from the analysis, the total number of votes lost by PDP controlled-states was more than half of the total number of APC winning votes?” Mr. Etiebet asked.

“You can analyse what happened by yourself. You will discover that somebody was misled somewhere, somehow; attention was not paid by the PDP hierarchy and the people had to rebel.
“This is a rebellion against the party, including myself. I did everything to let them know that they were on a wrong course, but my governor (Mr. Akpabio) tried to bring local politics to national level; that he will not allow anybody else access to the president and to the leadership of the party.
“And by God’s grace, I have been vindicated today. It is the PDP that lost the election.”

The former minister predicted that the April 11 gubernatorial election across the country would witness similar act of rebellion.

Also speaking, the state’s APC governorship candidate, Umana Umana, said he was happy his party won the presidential election.

“I am happy that my party, APC, is behind the wind of change blowing across Nigeria. With Buhari, the era of impunity has finally come to an end,” Mr. Umana said.

“The moment is historic for Nigeria. Buhari has character; he has what is required to turn Nigeria round, politically and economically.”

In a reaction, Mr. Akpabio said instead of apportioning blames, the most dignified thing Mr. Etiebet should have done would be to tell the disappointed members of the PDP what he (Etiebet) did to ensure the party’s victory in the presidential polls.

Mr. Akpabio said, “This is the case of the man who set his seat on fire in the theatre and ran out shouting fire! fire! fire!!!

“It is noteworthy that he has described the victory of APC as ‘exciting’ which indicates that he was a fifth columnist in the ranks of the PDP.

“His claim that Governor Akpabio stopped him from seeing President Jonathan is equally strange, given the fact that the President had always kept an open door to all members of the Board of Trustees of the PDP.”

Mr. Akpabio said his commitment to the PDP has never been doubt, adding that if there were as many people with the same level of commitment, the story would have been different.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/180440-akpabio-etiebet-trade-blames-over-jonathans-election-loss.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Chinemeokpann: 4:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
They have just started.

Two Fat buffoons that deceived the retard called Jonathan till the end.

Mr Akpabio and Chief Etiebet- Jonathan lost to Buhari because Nigerians were tired of being ignored, they gave him the red card because he is a corrupt and useless president

Start rebuilding PDP and watch how proper governance is carried out

General Buhari is now your President Elect. Get used to it

P.S. For those of you who have been asking, Buhari's certificate attached below

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Nobody: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
dis peepor are Clueless and dey nid chanji angry

„ dey shud cum two mine dusbins let me teash dem sum sence

and gaive dem pleanty flogs on thear buttonks angry

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by MichaelSokoto(m): 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2015
Beauriful!
Dis iz d kind of news I want to be hearin about d PDP 4rm now till 2023 cool

Kai!
3rd to kwamment on Lalasticlala FP materi-al ko?
No foroblem

Sai Baba cool

15 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by fatygobe88: 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
PDP is now going to battle APGA for control of SE. APC will slowly encroach SS. Akpabio et al. can enjoy the limelight while it last.

12 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Freelancer00(m): 4:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
So na now una just dey know?. Time for u to take the backseat and let APC drive the country forward

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Nobody: 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
THE LAST LAUGH - The Birth of The Father of Modern
Nigeria Democracy!
General Buhari contested elections three times before
now and he lost. Blood were shed on the streets and
lives were loss because of those defeats. Goodluck
Jonathan had only lost once in an election he could had swayed in his favour, having all the machinery of the
Commander-in-Chief at his disposal, yet hours to the
official announcements of the final results he conceded
victory and congratulated the man who always threw
childish tantrum whenever he loses an election.
Goodluck Jonathan is undoubtedly THE FATHER OF MODERN NIGERIA DEMOCRACY. He had shamed
President Barack Obama and his uncouth Foreign
Secretaries who had in more ways and in many fora than
one embarrassed and insulted Nigeria on account of his
signing of the Anti-Same Sex Marriage Bill into Law. He
had shamed BBC, the propaganda mouthpiece of Britain's Life Dictator, Her Imperial Majesty the Queen,
and indeed the United Kingdom and all those Nations
who wished Africa nothing but ill. He had shamed the
OLD and SELFISH crooks of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo,
Ibrahim Babagida, Ahmed Tinubu, and all their cohorts
who had over the years been parasites on our collective till. He had shamed Governor Chibuike Amaechi who
can NEVER ACHIEVE what Jonathan had accomplished.
He had shamed General Buhari and taught him what a
true democrat is. I SALUTE you sir. The victory is yours

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by eCollynzo: 4:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
The Nigerian governors forum debacle?
Forget it, those who defected (especially the northern governors) would have still done so as far as GEJ maintained the intrest so seek re-election. Otherwise, he would have lost the bid right at the PDP primaries,.
Akpabio did his best by delivering over 1 million votes.

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Chanchit: 5:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
See wetin dey happen inside enemies camp.
I sure say mama P roar, na that one go funny pass.

When GEJ settle down for Otueke, he would go and collect his balance from those witches and wizards weh scam am.

7 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Elslim: 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
Na dem sabi

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by otr1(m): 5:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
No need to trade blames. They tried their bests. They should have known that their 100% isn't enough to return GEJ.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by dridowu: 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2015
they can argue or trade blames to each other , the koko b say GMB na d President Elect. Anyway we still need PDP to be strong on ground so that dy can give APC a run for their money.

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:04pm On Apr 01, 2015
I really don't care what happens in the PDP camp not until I finish celebrating Buhari's victory.

Next please!

6 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by omenka(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2015
Are they with guns?? Would prefer they traded bullets.

PDP is dead.

8 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Vyolet(f): 5:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sai baba grin

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by remsonik(f): 5:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
sai buhari

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by CR77(f): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Too late 2 cry mr Akpabio

Life goes on with GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by bigv(m): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
This is hilarious. I can imagine the campaign committee. What their reactions will be too.
You'd hear stuffs like...

Akpabio: FFF!!!! How many times did I call you? Who transferred the remaining funds for the campaign?

FFK: Bros, lock up oh. Respect yourself or I'd send orubebe to your govt. House now. Fayose said His state account is on low battery after all He did for us. I sent him some funds and disbursed the rest. Metu can confirm this sir. They said you have not called GMB, oga why now?

Apkabio: so where's my share of the disbursement?. Continu. I've sent my congratulatory message via sms to Zahra. She should deliver it to her father.

5 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by efilefun(m): 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
JUST CHECKING MY MEMORY CARD

*Buhari will die before the Election - Ayo Fayose

*Buhari is brain dead - Mama Peace

*If APC survives till October 2014, call me a bastard.- Doyin Okupe

*Mark my words, It will not happen for Buhari to rule Nigeria. - Doyin Okupe.

*If APC wins, I will go on exile. - Bode George.

*Buhari can never win in Yorubaland. - Gani Adams.

*Jonathan will shock APC with defeat. - FFK

*If Jonathan loses, we would set Nigeria on fire. - Asari Dokubo.

*We instigated the 6 weeks postponement so that Jonathan can win. - Fasehun

*I will deliver 1 million votes to Jonathan in Ondo state. - Mimiko

*We shall deliver the South West votes to Jonathan. - Afenifere

*Tinubu is no longer a force in the South West. - Yinka Odumakin.

*Buhari at 70 wears diapers like my mother. - Fayose

*Jonathan already has Lagos votes. - Musiliu..

When God says YES nobody can say NO including all those "Paid prophets that said the GATE of HELL would be opened" #GodWin
SAI BABA

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by aristocrazzy: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
That's their own cup of tea.

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Sweetguy25: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jona should be blamed for his own loss. He's a fooool
Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 01, 2015
even after all your rigging. after someone would tell me How Jonathan is a true democrat blah blah.

https://www.nairaland.com/2231318/jonathan-really-democrat

join Delta corpers to protest our non payment of our election allowance

https://www.nairaland.com/2231249/delta-state-cordinator-eats-corpers#32243993

2 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
All is not well with both of you

3 Likes

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by adorablepepple(f): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
J
Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Rahmatuparker: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Medicine after death, mtcheew. This is just d beginning.
Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by demelza: 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Chanchit:
See wetin dey happen inside enemies camp.
I sure say mama P roar, na that one go funny pass.

When GEJ settle down for Otueke, he would go and collect his balance from those witches and wizards weh scam am.
grin Those ones don use their craft to fly out to Sudan.
#ghostmode

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by Bsc(m): 5:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Let them keep barking like dogs. Akpabios advice is one of the many reasons Jonathan failed... Sai Buhari

1 Like

Re: Akpabio, Etiebet Trade Blames Over Jonathan’s Election Loss by dhamstar(m): 5:12pm On Apr 01, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo Wearing Caps In Support Of 'Change Begins With Me' / Photo Of EFCC's Letter To Ike Ekweremadu. Written, Signed & Sent Today / Peter Obi Never Claimed That He Won The Presidential Election - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.