Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,899 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:31 AM

How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) (14016 Views)

SHOCKING !!! 10 Things From Your Body That You Can Sell For Real Money / Please Which Market Can One Buy Things Cheaper In Lagos / Trading In Cosmetics Products In Nigeria - Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
justi4jesu:

Check my profile, you can send them to my US Address and i handle the shipment to Lagos.

Hmmmmm' badoo
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 02, 2015
Hello, I just signed up on shoptomydoor and was being given addresses. Now I want to buy things on amazon with the intention of filling the address shoptomydoor gave me' at the mobile number option, which phone number am I to put in the box, my nigeria own or what.. But remember I gave a Usa address.

Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by mintyx(m): 9:21pm On Jul 02, 2015
durocity:
Hello, I just signed up on shoptomydoor and was being given addresses. Now I want to buy things on amazon with the intention of filling the address shoptomydoor gave me' at the mobile number option, which phone number am I to put in the box, my nigeria own or what.. But remember I gave a Usa address.

I wish the company cc @shoptomydoor would answer this themselves. I have shopped using their address and there is no problem with their address.

You can put your Nigerian number or put shoptomydoor USA number on that column
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 8:41am On Jul 03, 2015
durocity:

Hello Durocity,

Please use your Nigerian phone number. This is best in case the store needs to contact you for any reason.
Thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor.com.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by sosa552003(m): 10:42am On Aug 27, 2015
Shoptomydoor have regressed! It takes days for emails to be replied.they arbitrarily fix price for ur. Items,and we u send them imvoices,it takes days to get corrected.
The cost of shipping u get from using their Item Tool Calculator is different from the actual amt. Their will bill you when they use "magic" LxWxH voodoo.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 11:23am On Aug 28, 2015
Hello Sosa,

Not all shipments come with an invoice from the store when its delivered to us. So your warehouse personnel will typically estimate a value for customs purpose. Our platform allows you to easily change this. When you log into your warehouse, there is a link beside each shipment that says, "If the values of any item is wrong, please upload invoices". Once you upload your invoice, any wrong value is corrected within 24 hours, however if this request are many it will treated as they come.

For your second point, kindly note that the actual versus chargeable weight is programmed into the system and its based on the same formular used by all shipping companies. Chargable Weight = L x W x H /139.
That is the same formula used by other major shippers, this information is available online, so you could use google to read up dimensional weight to see this. Also note that when packaging your items, boxes are used and this might affect the overall shipping cost. So the final packaged weight may differ slightly from weights you see online. To combat this and to be sure customers know the actual shipping cost even before shopping, we have the "Item Quote Tool" online that enables you to enter the actual item and a shipping cost is displayed. For these, if there is any difference, we guarantee not to charge you more than the quote shows.

sosa552003:
Shoptomydoor have regressed! It takes days for emails to be replied.they arbitrarily fix price for ur. Items,and we u send them imvoices,it takes days to get corrected.
The cost of shipping u get from using their Item Tool Calculator is different from the actual amt. Their will bill you when they use "magic" LxWxH voodoo.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by sosa552003(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2015
My last shipments #69252 and 69589 were disastrous! Item prices were mixed up,even after sending the invoices.sent invoices were used for newer items in my wharehouse, a secured item was packaged amongst non-secured items.and it took days for the price issues to be resolved,not 24hrs you claim.
Your item quote tool has 2 options,one for items with known dimensions, and the other for unknown dimensions.the price for a mobile phone or laptop should be known by you already cos u knw the size of packet you're going use.So the price I get when I use that tool for unknown dimension shld be the price I shld get when checking out.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by incanto: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2015
If this is true, then its bad. I haven't shipped via Shoptomydoor lately but when I did, it was perfect
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by legalwealth(m): 2:05am On Sep 12, 2015
mintyx:
I once wrote here on Nairaland on how to shop abroad and get it here in Nigeria using payonner MasterCard and so on but things have changed and i wish to update on the newer methods.

To shop in the USA, here are the main requirements:

- An internationally accepted MasterCard.
- A USA address that can deliver to Nigeria.

For MasterCard, a lot of Nigerian issued MasterCards are accepted on major USA sites. I have made use of GTbank Naira card as well as UBA Africard and i didn't have issues with them.

For a USA address, why you need this Address in the first place is because Some USA merchant sites don't ship directly to Nigeria so you'd need a company that is based in the USA that can issue you with a USA address so that when your orders or goods arrive, they can receive it and ship it to your Nigeria address.

I have made use of two companies for the USA address but let me talk on an indigenous company i discovered lately that is as swift as the foreign companies i used and even cheaper than the foreign counterparts.

The name of the company is SHOPTOMYDOOR.
This company gives a free USA and China address unlike others who charge about $10 or more to issue you one.
Their customer service is effective and efficient(you can even chat with them online).
Their charges per kg is one of the lowest i have used.
You can track your goods online from your dashboard once they receive and ship your goods.

You can register and get a free USA and china Address via this link:

https://www.shoptomydoor.com/invitations.php?parentid=17833

HOW TO SHOP AND SEND YOUR GOODS NOW YOU HAVE A USA ADDRESS

-Once you use your card on Amazon or eBay to shop, on the checkout page, you will be asked to provide your shipping address,
-Enter the address given to you from shoptomydoor, as your shipping address.
-Once you track your goods with the tracking number amazon or any other merchant site gives and discover it has been delivered to your address,
-Log on to your shoptomydoor account and you will see your goods added to your member area with amount to pay either in dollars or in Naira depending on the currency you choose in your settings.
-You can then make payment either to their Nigerian bank account or via their PayPal account.
-your job is done here and its now their job to ship it to you.
-Once they ship your goods, they will keep you updated at every point in time on where your goods are via email.

Let me stop here so far. Its not easy to type this epistle oh lol but i will try and answer any questions as far as i can and add more tips and cheaper places to shop abroad.

Happy New month to you all.

here is a link to my old thread on this same issue https://www.nairaland.com/1418753/how-buy-things-us-get

Great job but you didn't mention need for USA VPN IP,Nigeria paypal or preferably USA PayPal account because some top websites like target,children place etc don't allow one to access their site with Nigeria IP.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2015
Does one need to change IP and the rest while shopping?
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by incanto: 7:35pm On Sep 14, 2015
legalwealth:

Great job but you didn't mention need for USA VPN IP,Nigeria paypal or preferably USA PayPal account because some top websites like target,children place etc don't allow one to access their site with Nigeria IP.

Most major online stores like Amazon, eBay, zooks, etc welcomes everyone and u dont need to change IP's to shop on these sites and u can get basically all u want from them
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by sosa552003(m): 12:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Shoptomydoor, what has happened to you guys?!!!! You moved from using a world class logistics company (Fedex) to a one cubicle logistics one(Africa Market Technology).they don't even have despatch riders.you come to pick your deliveries yourself.
With Fedex, once you get mail that it has been given to them despatch ,you are sure to get it the next day,with AMT? Forget it!
I thought my first experience was an aberration.here we are again!SMH
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 5:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Hello Sosa,
We hope that is your name. Thank you for contacting us. Can we have your detail (unit number). We will love to look into this.

sosa552003:
Shoptomydoor, what has happened to you guys?!!!! You moved from using a world class logistics company (Fedex) to a one cubicle logistics one(Africa Market Technology).they don't even have despatch riders.you come to pick your deliveries yourself.
With Fedex, once you get mail that it has been given to them despatch ,you are sure to get it the next day,with AMT? Forget it!
I thought my first experience was an aberration.here we are again!SMH
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by Obynolee(f): 9:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
shoptomydoor:

Hello Mintyx,

Thank you for the referral, we appreciate your business.

Hi,how much will it cost to ship a laptop from USA and 40kg goods from China?.Please answer me here it is urgent. Thank you.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by newdawn09(m): 11:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
How do I buy from eBay since I don't have PayPal a/c and I want to use shoptomydoor.

The payment button I saw on eBay for the product I want to buy is just PayPal.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 10:42am On Sep 22, 2015
Hello Obynolee,

Thank you for your interest in our services. Kindly note that you can get your shipping cost right on our home page: www.shoptomydoor.com, simply click on get shipping cost and input the required detail, that is where you are shipping from (Note that this must be from our warehouse locations in USA, UK or China) and the where the items are goin to, for example: Nigeria, Lagos, Ikoyi and then you input the weight and dimensions of the products to get the shipping cost.
Also, for urgent responses to your enquiries you can call our customer service team on 0700 800 8000, send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or chat with us live.

Obynolee:

Hi,how much will it cost to ship a laptop from USA and 40kg goods from China?.Please answer me here it is urgent. Thank you.
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by RyanRobert: 12:44pm On Sep 22, 2015
newdawn09:
How do I buy from eBay since I don't have PayPal a/c and I want to use shoptomydoor.

?.i can help u buy it..also have VPN for sale...Us/uk/Canada/russia
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 1:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 1:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
Thank you for contacting us for your shopping needs.

First, you need to sign up on our platform: shoptomydoor.com, registration is absolutely free and in addition you will immediately get three assigned warehouses free in USA, UK and China. These addresses will enable you shop from over 80, 000 online stores across USA, UK and China immediately.

Second, since you are currently interested in shopping from Ebay and don't have a PayPal account, you can use our personal shopper service, where we will help you shop.

For more information about using our personal shopper service call us on 0700 800 8000, chat live or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.
We will be glad to help with your shopping and shipping needs.

newdawn09:

Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2015

First, you need to sign up on our platform: shoptomydoor.com, registration is absolutely free and in addition you will immediately get three assigned warehouses free in USA, UK and China. These addresses will enable you shop from over 80, 000 online stores across USA, UK and China immediately.

Second, since you are currently interested in shopping from Ebay and don't have a PayPal account, you can use our personal shopper service, where we will help you shop.

For more information about using our personal shopper service call us on 0700 800 8000, chat live or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com.

RyanRobert:
?.i can help u buy it..also have VPN for sale...Us/uk/Canada/russia
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by ShockWeaver: 10:11pm On Sep 22, 2015
thanks shotomydoor for the surprise package for participating in the snap and share promo.

Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by silverplum: 10:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
@shoptomydoor

I have complained through all the channels i can think of but you dont want to look into the matter in question.

Please, settle this matter and refund me.

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by najoe07(m): 1:25am On Sep 23, 2015
shoptomydoor:

Please how often do you ship out from china is it weekly like that of US or twice a month like that of UK? Please reply ASAP its urgent!
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 8:06am On Sep 23, 2015
Hello Silver Plum,

Thank you for your patronage. Kindly note that your request has beeen forwarded to the appropriate department to handle and you will be contacted by our customer service team. Please note that for issues to be resolved you are to send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or call 0700 800 8000, you can also chat live with our customer service. However, your queries as you mentioned here are noted and have been forwarded to the department in charge, please be patient while we look into your complaints. We will definitely get back to you.

We appreciate your business.
Shoptomydoor.

silverplum:
@shoptomydoor

I have complained through all the channels i can think of but you dont want to look into the matter in question.

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by silverplum: 8:03am On Sep 28, 2015
@shoptomydoor,
Its over a week, yet no replies.

Before i paid for the shipment, you were calling and sending emails. Now, all the channels to reach you are not working
Please, look into this matter and get back to me.

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 10:17am On Sep 28, 2015
Hello Agnes,

We appreciate your patronage. Kindly note that we have gone through your records and we do not see any pending issues as you claim here. However, we see that we sent an email on the 10th of September 2015 and recently you sent an email yesterday, 27th of September 2015. Please note that you will definitely be attended to by our customer service team, for a faster response call us on 0700 800 8000 or chat with us live online.
Once again, we appreciate your business, thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.

silverplum:
@shoptomydoor,
Its over a week, yet no replies.

Before i paid for the shipment, you were calling and sending emails. Now, all the channels to reach you are not working
Please, look into this matter and get back to me.

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by silverplum: 8:09pm On Sep 28, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Agnes,

We appreciate your patronage. Kindly note that we have gone through your records and we do not see any pending issues as you claim here. However, we see that we sent an email on the 10th of September 2015 and recently you sent an email yesterday, 27th of September 2015. Please note that you will definitely be attended to by our customer service team, for a faster response call us on 0700 800 8000 or chat with us live online.
Once again, we appreciate your business, thank you for choosing Shoptomydoor for your shopping and shipping needs.

I sent several mails yet you replied none.
Tried having an online chat several times too but not connecting to an agent.
Called your customer careline several times but was not picked.
The issue is:
1. I was charged for shipment and delivery of two packages but i got one
2. The payment covered delivery to my house but i was called to come and pick up my item.
3. I asked that my goods should not be repackaged since i will be charged $5.99 for repackaging, so i paid for two boxes i.e two deliveries but my items were squeezed into a box which weighed less than what i was charged and far less than the dimensions you got and billed me for.
I spoke with an agent today as i did before i paid for d items to be shipped i didnt get any positive response.
I was overcharged and so want my refund.
Shipment no: 71485

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by Obynolee(f): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2015
shoptomydoor:
Hello Obynolee,

Thank you for your interest in our services. Kindly note that you can get your shipping cost right on our home page: www.shoptomydoor.com, simply click on get shipping cost and input the required detail, that is where you are shipping from (Note that this must be from our warehouse locations in USA, UK or China) and the where the items are goin to, for example: Nigeria, Lagos, Ikoyi and then you input the weight and dimensions of the products to get the shipping cost.
Also, for urgent responses to your enquiries you can call our customer service team on 0700 800 8000, send us an email via contact@shoptomydoor.com or chat with us live.

Yet to get response to the mail I sent to you on how much it will cost to ship a laptop to Lagos from USA
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 10:44am On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Obynolee,

We hope that is your name, kindly use our get shipping cost tool right on our homepage www.shoptomydoor.com.
For help please call 0700 800 8000.

Thank you,
Ehi.

Obynolee:

Yet to get response to the mail I sent to you on how much it will cost to ship a laptop to Lagos from USA
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 10:50am On Oct 08, 2015
Hello Najoe,

We appreciate your interest in our services, kindly note that we ship out of China once in 2 weeks. For more information please call 0700 800 8000 or email contact@shoptomydoor.com, we will be glad to help with shopping and shipping needs from China, US and UK. Thank you for contacting us.

najoe07:

Please how often do you ship out from china is it weekly like that of US or twice a month like that of UK? Please reply ASAP its urgent!
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by shoptomydoor: 11:44am On Oct 09, 2015
Kindly note that our customer service team has been calling your phone number to speak with you and resolve any issues you are having, but to no avail, as you are not taking your calls. Ypou can reach on 0700 800 8000 or email: contact@shoptomydoor.com, also you may chat live on shoptomydoor.com.
Thank you for your patronage.

silverplum:
@shoptomydoor

Thank you
Re: How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) by 6gozi(m): 1:25pm On Apr 27, 2016
mintyx:
I once wrote here on Nairaland on how to shop abroad and get it here in Nigeria using payonner MasterCard and so on but things have changed and i wish to update on the newer methods.

To shop in the USA, here are the main requirements:

- An internationally accepted MasterCard.
- A USA address that can deliver to Nigeria.

For MasterCard, a lot of Nigerian issued MasterCards are accepted on major USA sites. I have made use of GTbank Naira card as well as UBA Africard and i didn't have issues with them.

For a USA address, why you need this Address in the first place is because Some USA merchant sites don't ship directly to Nigeria so you'd need a company that is based in the USA that can issue you with a USA address so that when your orders or goods arrive, they can receive it and ship it to your Nigeria address.

I have made use of two companies for the USA address but let me talk on an indigenous company i discovered lately that is as swift as the foreign companies i used and even cheaper than the foreign counterparts.

The name of the company is SHOPTOMYDOOR.
This company gives a free USA and China address unlike others who charge about $10 or more to issue you one.
Their customer service is effective and efficient(you can even chat with them online).
Their charges per kg is one of the lowest i have used.
You can track your goods online from your dashboard once they receive and ship your goods.

You can register and get a free USA and china Address via this link:

https://www.shoptomydoor.com/invitations.php?parentid=17833

HOW TO SHOP AND SEND YOUR GOODS NOW YOU HAVE A USA ADDRESS

-Once you use your card on Amazon or eBay to shop, on the checkout page, you will be asked to provide your shipping address,
-Enter the address given to you from shoptomydoor, as your shipping address.
-Once you track your goods with the tracking number amazon or any other merchant site gives and discover it has been delivered to your address,
-Log on to your shoptomydoor account and you will see your goods added to your member area with amount to pay either in dollars or in Naira depending on the currency you choose in your settings.
-You can then make payment either to their Nigerian bank account or via their PayPal account.
-your job is done here and its now their job to ship it to you.
-Once they ship your goods, they will keep you updated at every point in time on where your goods are via email.

Let me stop here so far. Its not easy to type this epistle oh lol but i will try and answer any questions as far as i can and add more tips and cheaper places to shop abroad.

Happy New month to you all.

here is a link to my old thread on this same issue https://www.nairaland.com/1418753/how-buy-things-us-get

Had to quote u -i may need this information

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Full Statement Of Godwin Emefiele On AbokiFX (Video) / List of Chinese companies in Nigeria. / How Much Does Taxi Drivers Make ??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.