Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,087 members, 7,807,245 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home (40968 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Nigerians Abroad Sent $21Billion Home In 2015 / Which Is Cheaper First Bank, Diamond Bank, Gtb Debit Card For Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2015
buddy221:
De op jst said hIs mind frm his own point of view and I dnt knw y some pple here ar busting there brains. Wen de op said ABROAD I believe he is referring to evry part Of de world and nt jst de US. Or na only US be abroad? I strongly believe dat once u ar out of Nigeria den u ar in abroad, and dis abroad includes Malaysia, Japan,china,Senegal,tunisia, USA,Iran,Iraq.. Etc....! De op dd nt state de country he is staying and some pple here have jst concluded he is in de US. For de guy dat claimed he is burn in de UK and brought up in Nigeria... Tank ur God. For ur information, evrybody is nt born like dat. De op is right..75% traveled illegally.
Bro don't waste ur energy taking references for this guy the Op, He is a frequent liar.more so for your % of travelers who are illegal you are dead wrong, most people travel with genuine papers in the first instance and over stay their VISa that's when you become illegal.Gone are the days of Oluwole
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2015
Lucasbalo:
You just hit a Grandslam. The OP is speaking for himself and his ilks not for majority of Nigerians. I grew up in Chitown and have an MBA from Loyola and work as an investment adviser in a big hedge fund firm in Chicago. I have friends across all fields including Physicians, Lawyers , Engineers, Nurses, Accountants and even people working manual jobs. There is dignity in labor as long as it's legal. Most of the guys I know are either US citizens or Green Card holder. I have business investments not only in Nigeria but S/A. I am a constant visitor to the two countries. So, the OP can speak for himself and his other low life friends of his. He's not talking about majority of the guys I know here in Chicagoland.
Thank you very much, well said, when you decide to leave your country and live amongst cleaners, what did they think you will become ,a cleaner ofcos if you did not brake away from the circle of low lifers.

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On Apr 04, 2015
shadowhunter15:

My parents came in their 40s with us kids and were able to become successful in less than ten years...they also came from an impoverished background in Edo State...
where they hustlers when they arrived?moreso how old where you kids when you arrived I presumed you must be under 16 when you did.I also presume they had the right to work when they arrived in teh first instance, to me that's not the group I refer to as hustlers, I'm talking of guys who get here with Visiting VISAS.AKA no right to work.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Apr 04, 2015
whitecat1:
You said 'work Jan to Nov, buy your ticket and you will have extra for pocket money". So what does that mean? Some people don't even have to stay for 11 months before going home. I have a friend that goes to Nigeria 3 times a year and told me that she announced when she got home that "they(the kidnappers)would lose if they attempt to abduct her, cos she has no money and America doesn't pay ransome" The fear is real, friend. You don't know anything about the system, if you do, you would have known that it's different stroke for different people. In all my years, I have never thought of how people should go home and when, so I don't quite get your point. but one thing I do know is that you are very wrong for throwing figures in the air, and that makes you come across as very irresponsible. You just got here! How many people do you actually know that would tell you their legal status? I for one just know about my close friends. I can't really say much about security in the US cos, I work and live in the city, all I have between my home and job is less than 15mins. I go out with a company at nights and have never been robbed or attacked.
Guy I will repeat again speak of what you know, who told you I don't k now the system, my wife and family are in PH, Im in Nigeria min 4 times a year, I don't live in the UK I only work here, so what are you on about security as if its not same Nigeria I fly in and out every now and then abi nah Moon you dey.Guy I have lived abroad for over 15 years so don't come here saying I'm being irresponsible, I should be the one lecturing you on the western ways of living.If you are talking about kidnappers well I live in PH my parents are in Delta stae, so I travel fru the east west rd down SS when I go see them each time I get in 9ja why them never kidnap me, I also travel with my daughter who is 12 years Old and Mix race nothing don happen for all the times,STOP dont be amongst those people wey dey form say they cant drink well water sake of say them come from abroad,there is nowhere like Home full stop.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2015
hijodedios:
what is this one talking about? from which country are you posting from? maybe you can talk about your part of europe but definetly not my part,i dont agree with you at all in some of the points you raised,i do not know where you got your statistics from but its absolutely wrong,78 per cent of nigerians are what? well i will just say you are talking about yourself and not about nigerians living abroad,again did i hear you say being married to oyibo will make you not to go to nigeria? brother abeg talk what you know,thats absolutely not true.
Bros the guy dey Tunisia hence his reference.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 7:24am On Apr 05, 2015
Girl, You obviously don't know what you are saying! I feel you are insecure about something, maybe newly deported or still looking for visa, but I doubt you are outside Nigeria. Who broadcast work permit when the permanent residence and citizenship are still long way away? You have been there for 15 years and now just getting a work permit? Your stories don't add up. You smell of crisis and must state your problem so we can figure out how to help you. And whose business is it my choice of water? Forget well water, I can't drink sachet water and some bottle water, hit your head on the wall! You have many problems but Uk is not one of them!
erico2k2:

Guy I will repeat again speak of what you know, who told you I don't k now the system, my wife and family are in PH, Im in Nigeria min 4 times a year, I don't live in the UK I only work here, so what are you on about security as if its not same Nigeria I fly in and out every now and then abi nah Moon you dey.Guy I have lived abroad for over 15 years so don't come here saying I'm being irresponsible, I should be the one lecturing you on the western ways of living.If you are talking about kidnappers well I live in PH my parents are in Delta stae, so I travel fru the east west rd down SS when I go see them each time I get in 9ja why them never kidnap me, I also travel with my daughter who is 12 years Old and Mix race nothing don happen for all the times,STOP dont be amongst those people wey dey form say they cant drink well water sake of say them come from abroad,there is nowhere like Home full stop.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 11:27am On Apr 05, 2015
whitecat1:
Girl, You obviously don't know what you are saying! I feel you are insecure about something, maybe newly deported or still looking for visa, but I doubt you are outside Nigeria. Who broadcast work permit when the permanent residence and citizenship are still long way away? You have been there for 15 years and now just getting a work permit? Your stories don't add up. You smell of crisis and must state your problem so we can figure out how to help you. And whose business is it my choice of water? Forget well water, I can't drink sachet water and some bottle water, hit your head on the wall! You have many problems but Uk is not one of them!
Guy you B proper OLODO your are sooo full of yourself you , you fail to see the Bit I even said my WIFE, U did not even bother to find out if I was Male or female,I'm male for sanity sake more so yes I have spent a total of 15 years outside of Nigeria so I know what Im on about talking about being deported ahaha guy you are very funny, I recon you have no clue of the harsh reality of living abroad hence you result in name calling which is one of the attribute of people who cant put up points to support their arguments they seldom result in name calling and sand ducking just as you just proved.Go to the travel sections and see advice and help I have given to people on there, go to the Auto section and see my post there, also go to the political section you will see my post there.If you also bother to check my profile you will realize I'm amongst the first 50 people to register on Nairaland when it started.Saying UK is not one of your problem I have traveled round most places where we hustle,I stand to be corrected,UK is where MEN brake even
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by hijodedios: 4:07pm On Apr 05, 2015
hahaha abeg guy help tell am say tunisia no be europe ooo
erico2k2:

Bros the guy dey Tunisia hence his reference.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2015
hijodedios:
hahaha abeg guy help tell am say tunisia no be europe ooo
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 2:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
You are suffering from extremely low self worth. You could be typing from anywhere. You don't strike me as someone who has anything going for him, short man syndrome is written all over you. You come across as an insecure underachiever! Immigrants who are doing well don't come online to make a general statement like that. What's next? Post your UK address and pictures of you in front Mcdonald's? Bush man, there's nothing you have contributed that can't be said by a person with good ears that hasn't travelled out of Nigeria! People like you take stories of returnees and make them yours. If "UK is where men break even", US must be where kings are made then!
erico2k2:

Guy you B proper OLODO your are sooo full of yourself you , you fail to see the Bit I even said my WIFE, U did not even bother to find out if I was Male or female,I'm male for sanity sake more so yes I have spent a total of 15 years outside of Nigeria so I know what Im on about talking about being deported ahaha guy you are very funny, I recon you have no clue of the harsh reality of living abroad hence you result in name calling which is one of the attribute of people who cant put up points to support their arguments they seldom result in name calling and sand ducking just as you just proved.Go to the travel sections and see advice and help I have given to people on there, go to the Auto section and see my post there, also go to the political section you will see my post there.If you also bother to check my profile you will realize I'm amongst the first 50 people to register on Nairaland when it started.Saying UK is not one of your problem I have traveled round most places where we hustle,I stand to be corrected,UK is where MEN brake even
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 7:16pm On Apr 06, 2015
whitecat1:
You are suffering from extremely low self worth. You could be typing from anywhere. You don't strike me as someone who has anything going for him, short man syndrome is written all over you. You come across as an insecure underachiever! Immigrants who are doing well don't come online to make a general statement like that. What's next? Post your UK address and pictures of you in front Mcdonald's? Bush man, there's nothing you have contributed that can't be said by a person with good ears that hasn't travelled out of Nigeria! People like you take stories of returnees and make them yours. If "UK is where men break even", US must be where kings are made then!
ahahah guy check my Old post,no need to talk plenty,US has no money for people trying to break Even,ask in your own town check where the guys who build houses and set up Biz come from,this reality check, tell me how many of them come from the US relative to those who come from the UK.Check the minimum wage in the Uk compare it with that of USA?we can come on holiday in the USA but I dare say it would be a struggle for the USA guys to come to the UK for Holiday, talking about McDonald's, lol dnt you have it in the USA?Guy you just land USA no worry, I give you ten years you statement will change to there is nowhere like home,me I have done my time abroad , and Im chilling with my Orijin with my family back in PHC,I'm in the UK every now and then to do one or two things.So you better prepare your exit plans B4 insulting people like me who are telling you the truth about living in the west,like I said, I came abroad when I was 23 years old that was 1999 so Oga as you can see, we are diff fish in diff rivers.If you like don't save up your money and build a good home for yourself and parents back home if they don't already own theirs , spend it on groove,big T shirt clubs,Timberlands and big rental apartments,You will one day wake up and its 10 years abroad no life,when you get back to 9ja that's if you get documented all your mates you thought where dying have their nice houses and families kids and all that, then you will realize the train just left the station and you aint on it.At that point you will realize you've been very stupid common sense U no get. grin grin grin
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2015
Girl, you don't know what you are talking about. If US has no money, then no money in the world. The biggest houses and businesses in my town are built by people from the US. The only thing guys in Europe are known for is noise. Why should I come to UK for vacation when it's not a choice destination for vacations? You still have to come to the US for real shopping. 10 years? Make that less than a year! You need to come out for fresh air, one size does not fit all! You sound like a broken record and when you try this hard to show how comfortable you are, maybe you are not that comfortable. Wake up! Some people know better that you. You are either a deportee or denied a visa, definitely frustrated about something. Chill with even gutter water if you want, it's your problem, You can only live for you not for others.
erico2k2:

ahahah guy check my Old post,no need to talk plenty,US has no money for people trying to break Even,ask in your own town check where the guys who build houses and set up Biz come from,this reality check, tell me how many of them come from the US relative to those who come from the UK.Check the minimum wage in the Uk compare it with that of USA?we can come on holiday in the USA but I dare say it would be a struggle for the USA guys to come to the UK for Holiday, talking about McDonald's, lol dnt you have it in the USA?Guy you just land USA no worry, I give you ten years you statement will change to there is nowhere like home,me I have done my time abroad , and Im chilling with my Orijin with my family back in PHC,I'm in the UK every now and then to do one or two things.So you better prepare your exit plans B4 insulting people like me who are telling you the truth about living in the west,like I said, I came abroad when I was 23 years old that was 1999 so Oga as you can see, we are diff fish in diff rivers.If you like don't save up your money and build a good home for yourself and parents back home if they don't already own theirs , spend it on groove,big T shirt clubs,Timberlands and big rental apartments,You will one day wake up and its 10 years abroad no life,when you get back to 9ja that's if you get documented all your mates you thought where dying have their nice houses and families kids and all that, then you will realize the train just left the station and you aint on it.At that point you will realize you've been very stupid common sense U no get. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2015
whitecat1:
Girl, you don't know what you are talking about. If US has no money, then no money in the world. The biggest houses and businesses in my town are built by people from the US. The only thing guys in Europe are known for is noise. Why should I come to UK for vacation when it's not a choice destination for vacations? You still have to come to the US for real shopping. 10 years? Make that less than a year! You need to come out for fresh air, one size does not fit all! You sound like a broken record and when you try this hard to show how comfortable you are, maybe you are not that comfortable. Wake up! Some people know better that you. You are either a deportee or denied a visa, definitely frustrated about something. Chill with even gutter water if you want, it's your problem, You can only live for you not for others.
OLODO for the 2nd time,If I slap you, your destiny go change. I'm not a girl it seems you are using 3310 Nokia and typing from Ijebu Ode, stinky persons. hence you cant see my profile grin grin grin, people from the US really?UK not a choice location?,I can come to the US with just £500 and have a ball, can you come to the Uk with $1000 and have a ball?
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 9:37pm On Apr 06, 2015
agarawu23:
OK got mine with a school over here just paid the man some money and he gave me needed documents as a student but I am not attending the school.

With ruses like this, it's little wonder genuine applicants are being turned down. Worse when you use forged / fraudulent documents to support your visa application, and are daft enough to boast online about it.

Technology has come a long way bud, and people on the Internet are not as anonymous as they were 15 years ago. There are more government bodies than you realise reading these threads, and tracking IP's.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2015
[quote author=Siena post=32423927]

With ruses like this, it's little wonder genuine applicants are being turned down. Worse when you use forged / fraudulent documents to support your visa application, and are daft enough to boast online about it.

Technology has come a long way bud, and people on the Internet are not as anonymous as they were 15 years ago. There are more government bodies than you realise reading these threads, and tracking IP's.
[/quote
The SAD part of it all he is not even in any school in the west, he is stuck in North Africa Tunisia, I knew him from a previous thread.

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 06, 2015
erico2k2:
The SAD part of it all he is not even in any school in the west, he is stuck in North Africa Tunisia, I knew him from a previous thread.

Tunisia?? I've been there on a 2-week vacation, and whilst it was kind of okay, I wouldn't want to settle there long term.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 11:03pm On Apr 06, 2015
Slobbering fool, why not go slap your foolish whoring mother who gave birth to you? Dickless nonentity, what's the difference between you and a woman? When you addressed me as a guy, then two should be able to play the game! Bastardd, I'm actually typing from sambisa! Bolo who got Irish accent for escorting someone to the airport. I don't usually praise America but since you brought it up, UK is not even in top 5 tourist locations in Europe, people go there for reasons, unlike the US where everybody wants to step foot once if given a chance. Ask 10 people where they would love to travel between the two and see if you get 2 people to choose UK over US. I won't be surprised if you are recently deported cos I don't know how we got into the UK/US conversation. Hartsfield has even overtaken Heathrow as the world's busiest airport.
erico2k2:

OLODO for the 2nd time,If I slap you, your destiny go change. I'm not a girl it seems you are using 3310 Nokia and typing from Ijebu Ode, stinky persons. hence you cant see my profile grin grin grin, people from the US really?UK not a choice location?,I can come to the US with just £500 and have a ball, can you come to the Uk with $1000 and have a ball?

1 Like

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 5:35am On Apr 07, 2015
Siena:

Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 4:59pm On Apr 07, 2015
Siena:

Tunisia?? I've been there on a 2-week vacation, and whilst it was kind of okay, I wouldn't want to settle there long term.
Yeah its kinds nice wen visiting. Stay nahh But that's it.where the green card comes into play there! That beats me!
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 5:01pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Slobbering fool, why not go slap your foolish whoring mother who gave birth to you? Dickless nonentity, what's the difference between you and a woman? When you addressed me as a guy, then two should be able to play the game! Bastardd, I'm actually typing from sambisa! Bolo who got Irish accent for escorting someone to the airport. I don't usually praise America but since you brought it up, UK is not even in top 5 tourist locations in Europe, people go there for reasons, unlike the US where everybody wants to step foot once if given a chance. Ask 10 people where they would love to travel between the two and see if you get 2 people to choose UK over US. I won't be surprised if you are recently deported cos I don't know how we got into the UK/US conversation. Hartsfield has even overtaken Heathrow as the world's busiest airport.
I will leave U to Mr Cock. I smell disappointment lol
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2015
What about Caesar? "Superman' like you should be able to take me to him!

erico2k2:

I will leave U to Mr Cock. I smell disappointment lol
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:05pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
What about Caesar? "Superman' like you should be able to take me to him!

Nah you lack no moral argument, I cant be bovered,I aint adding nothing to my no6 plz pass.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 8:06pm On Apr 07, 2015
Just shut the hell!

erico2k2:

Nah you lack no moral argument, I cant be bovered,I aint adding nothing to my no6 plz pass.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:41pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Just shut the hell!

Ogogoro pikin, ur likes aint hard to know, PASS plz, I cant be A***ssD
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by whitecat1: 8:42pm On Apr 07, 2015
Cannibal have eaten your dead person flesh today, oloshi!

erico2k2:

Ogogoro pikin, ur likes aint hard to know, PASS plz, I cant be A***ssD
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by erico2k2(m): 8:51pm On Apr 07, 2015
whitecat1:
Cannibal have eaten your dead person flesh today, oloshi!

Ogogoro pikin I pity U
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by adconline(m): 12:10am On Apr 08, 2015
agarawu23:
just collected my resident permit card today and will be visiting nigeria august after 2yrs leaving my nation and a topic came my mind and will like to share with my fellow NL who have ppl overseas.

though i may not include some of the reasons but I am 100% sure of my own but you can include yours if you have.

jobless without a stable job:- yes, how can someone who is not eating 3 square meals remember ppl at home? this month he/she works and next month no job again and house rent ,water ,light etc are there to balance up.

Fraudster:- forget this kind of ppl and loose hope in them because they will never come home due to their crimes been committed within the country and he can't even near the airport if he is a wanted criminal. Abroad no be 9ja o ones they have your biometrics ,even if you bleach from black to green dey will get u.

Prodigal lifestyle ppl:- before you make up your mind living in abroad ,u must open your number 6 (brain) because life is too sweet abroad and this group of ppl spend there savings clubbing, partying,smoking, drinking and prostituting just frgt this kind of ppl dey can never remember home even if you tell them there parents are abt to die.

Illegal migrants:- 78% of Nigerians living abroad are living illegal ,majority came with 3weeks, 2month, 1month visas but will not have the chance to renew there visas until they finally meet up with the country requirements and mind you if you don't make the steps early enough, just forget visiting police station if you dont want to be deported. so this are the kind of ppl that spend more than 10years without visiting home.

The marriage scammers:- these group of ppl will never visit home because they have forcefully marry a citizen of the country dey reside just to get residence permit. oyinbo wife no be like nja o if you mention say u wan go your country ehh be ready to spend some weeks in jail cheesy

that's all I can write for now due to my experience and what I am seeing with my two eyes.

may God crown our hustle (Amen)

You just murdered English. If u really have your permit, next thing is to enroll in English 001 class cos you are going to have an uphill task surviving without it.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by shadowhunter15(f): 10:49pm On May 01, 2015
erico2k2:

where they hustlers when they arrived?moreso how old where you kids when you arrived I presumed you must be under 16 when you did.I also presume they had the right to work when they arrived in teh first instance, to me that's not the group I refer to as hustlers, I'm talking of guys who get here with Visiting VISAS.AKA no right to work.
Yeah, we were under sixteen when we arrived. And oh, maybe not the same thing; we had won the American lottery and we had serious help from a white man that later became my parents' best friend..
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 8:25am On May 03, 2015
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 8:26am On May 03, 2015
agarawu23:
lala247 I have problem checking sent and received pm

why not send your no instead if I can call or whatsapp u or I shld send mine

Weyrey lol ok oh well if u can recieve it tooo bad ..
N it was extremely important.
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by agarawu23(m): 8:31am On May 03, 2015
Lala247:

Weyrey lol ok oh well if u can recieve it tooo bad ..
N it was extremely important.
y not gv me other means I can get to u

I don't understand this pm of a thing
Re: Some Reasons Why Nigerians Abroad Are Not Coming Home by Nobody: 8:32am On May 03, 2015
agarawu23:
y not gv me other means I can get to u

I don't understand this pm of a thing

Wts ur email tag me n modify it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Without Fingers Rides Okada In Ibadan (Photo) / Air Peace Passengers Asked To Delete Video In Lagos Before Boarding / Abuja Vs Lagos: Which Is More Advisable For Relocation?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.