Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:09 AM

Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again (3202 Views)

PICTURES: Reasons Why Jimi Agbaje Got 1,500,000 Voters / Jimi Agbaje Bought Food For Everybody At A Buka / Jimi Agbaje Rides Okada To Rally (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 9:26pm On Apr 01, 2015
RE-ASSESSING JIMI AGBAJE's CHANCE IN LAGOS

Does Jimi Agbaje still stand a chance in Lagos?

APC beat PDP by 165k votes in the presidential elections.

There are many people, especially okada riders and taxi drivers, that wanted to vote for Buhari but not Ambode.

I don't see their population covering up the 165k gap.

More significantly, I see many pro-PDP Lagosians, especially Igbos and Niger Deltans, getting disillusioned and not coming out to vote on April 11 because Jonathan has lost.

And the reverse will be the case for Tinubu's loyalists, those men and women in those Lagos communities, who are likely going to be more encouraged to come out to vote.

And "Federal might" (Police in particular) may not be motivated to cooperate again.

Agbaje may lose by even bigger margin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Lol fear don de catch you ni? I bet you 99 99% of those who voted for PDP last Saturday will repeat the same pattern next week. But at 30% of those who voted APC last Saturday will switch to PDP next week.
.you call okada riders as barely few thousands, you seriously think only the okada riders were affected? What about their customers? What about the millions ofpoor people who bear the brunt of Fashola's elitist policies?
=bros ask the average yoruba man in Lagos, their mantra is change in Abuja and Lagos

4 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by pickabeau1: 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jimis problem is his team

Bode George

Musiliu

6 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by jacabi(m): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2015
A situation where one's expectation was cut short.
Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
Lol fear don de catch you ni? I bet you 99 99% of those who voted for PDP last Saturday will repeat the same pattern next week. But at 30% of those who voted APC last Saturday will switch to PDP next week.
.you call okada riders as barely few thousands, you seriously think only the okada riders were affected? What about their customers? What about the millions ofpoor people who bear the brunt of Fashola's elitist policies?
=bros ask the average yoruba man in Lagos, their mantra is change in Abuja and Lagos
old man, when are you going to give up?

18 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by ndcide(m): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jarus, why do you believe in Ambode?

2 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by MzJackBaueress(f): 9:41pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
= bros ask the average yoruba man in Lagos, their mantra is change in Abuja and Lagos
like shukudi,like barcanista! Spokesmen for yoruba people.

Oniranu oshi!

20 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Texcoco(m): 9:43pm On Apr 01, 2015
Cold fear don dey catch you ba?? Don't worry, Ambode will bear the whiplash of the Buhari's victory...If PDP voters will be disillusioned and might not turn up,APC voters will all go on vacation out of over celebration.....whatever happens,Jimi Agbaje will split Yoruba votes, Ambode can as well park to his Ondo hometown...

2 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
There is something called the bandwagon effect in Politics

Jonathan miscalculated. He thought if he won, the efect would sweep all states under PDP

I told someone that the APC governors should forget their campaign and ensure Buhari wins, once that is done its an easy ride to victory

Jimi would now explain to Lagosians without the presidential cover what he meant by his useless utterances.

His Godfather already gave up and said he was going on exile, Fayose his backer is already changing tones, same with Mimiko

22 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by raumdeuter: 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

ALl your permutations and predictions for last weekend election how did it go?

You never deal with the shame finish you are already digging your head up your asss again

20 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 01, 2015
ndcide:
Jarus, why do you believe in Ambode?

Frankly, I have never been torn between political choices.

I like articulate personalities and I think Jimi has that more than Ambode.

My only reason for wanting Ambode ahead of him is to continue Fashola's legacies.

That said, my goal in this thread is to analyse a political likelihood not an expression of "likeness for Ambode" which is your question.

10 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 9:58pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Your view is respected, but I see sentiments written all over it. Unfortunately, analysis is not by sentiments.

8 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by ndcide(m): 9:59pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jarus:

Frankly, I have never been torn between political choices.

I like articulate personalities and I think Jimi has that more than Ambode.

My only reason for wanting Ambode ahead of him is to continue Fashola's legacies.

That said, my goal in this thread is to analyse a political likelihood not an expression of "likeness for Ambode" which is your question.

okay then.... we'll see how it goes.
Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 10:02pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
Cold fear don dey catch you ba?? Don't worry, Ambode will bear the whiplash of the Buhari's victory...If PDP voters will be disillusioned and might not turn up,APC voters will all go on vacation out of over celebration.....whatever happens,Jimi Agbaje will split Yoruba votes, Ambode can as well park to his Ondo hometown...

The same way we heard GEJ will "split Yoruba votes" and win all Igbo votes to win Lagos. Some of you even claimed Igbos/Niger Deltans are more than Yorubas in Lagos and will swing votes in favour of GEJ.

The result? A 165k gap.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
like shukudi,like barcanista! Spokesmen for yoruba people.

Oniranu oshi!
U re insulting pple now.. wen dey do u feel threatened abi and report... ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Texcoco(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jarus:

The same way we heard GEJ will "split Yoruba votes" and win all Igbo votes to win Lagos. Some of you even claimed Igbos/Niger Deltans are more than Yorubas in Lagos and will swing votes in favour of GEJ.

The result? A 165k gap.
But GEJ was successful spliting your votes, go figure the landslide in little abia and ebonyi wiping out SW differentials including Lagos combined....didn't you see how PDP narrowly lost Lagos?? Was it expected to be so? Now that the contest will be btw two yorubas, we urge you to do the maths.
Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by sammyj: 10:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
He stands fafafa from. Olodo jate jate!!!
Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by sammyj: 10:33pm On Apr 01, 2015
He stands fafafa from. Olodo jate jate!!
Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by smallJagaban: 10:35pm On Apr 01, 2015
IBO AND MOUTH MAKING...

HAHAHAHA

3 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Mamatee07: 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jimi was always going to lose, what with the likes of Gani Adams of OPC and even Jimi himself losing their own wards. Ambode lead APC to a win in Épé for Buhari while Jimi is so up influential he couldn't even deliver his eon polling unit grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by ultimatum: 10:45pm On Apr 01, 2015
Speaking on the importance of continuity, American author Michael Porter once said:

"The thing is, continuity of strategic direction and
continuous improvement in how you do things
are absolutely consistent with each other. In
fact, they're mutually reinforcing."

Evidently, this quote in relation to the Lagos State Governorship election is proof that the only way to guarantee continued progress and development is the continuity in good governance provided for us Lagosians by the tenure of our dear Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola.

Akinwunmi Ambode is the man which the trusted All Progressive Congress have ordained to succeed our dear governor. And when ever have the APC failed to deliver a man that is truly competent, a proven Democrat and also an ardent follower of the rule of law? The answer is never!

I enjoin my fellow Lagosians to come out our vast numbers and speak with our thumb prints as we vote in a man that is well and truly keen on taking Lagos State to greater Heights. God bless us all.

EKO O NI BAJE

4 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by sunkoye: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
With this new attitude of Enbloc vote from my igbo brothers in Lagos. This might come to hunt them for generations.you cant conspire against the power in town and expect a friendly gestures after. Think twice.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 10:50pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
Yeye yeeboes,just as SW was locked for GEJ.

4 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by ultimatum: 10:51pm On Apr 01, 2015
This is a different scenario.

Speaking on the importance of continuity, American author Michael Porter once said:

"The thing is, continuity of strategic direction and
continuous improvement in how you do things
are absolutely consistent with each other. In
fact, they're mutually reinforcing."

Evidently, this quote in relation to the Lagos State Governorship election is proof that the only way to guarantee continued progress and development is the continuity in good governance provided for us Lagosians by the tenure of our dear Governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola.

Akinwunmi Ambode is the man which the trusted All Progressive Congress have ordained to succeed our dear governor. And when ever have the APC failed to deliver a man that is truly competent, a proven Democrat and also an ardent follower of the rule of law? The answer is never!

I enjoin my fellow Lagosians to come out our vast numbers and speak with our thumb prints as we vote in a man that is well and truly keen on taking Lagos State to greater Heights. God bless us all.

EKO O NI BAJE

undecided
chukwudi44:

3 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by LubricatingOil: 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
He never stood any chance from the word go. A man that couldn't win his polling unit for his presidential candidate? His political godfather, a thief and ex-convict Bode Goerge is presently negotiating for asylum in North Korea, cos he believed that's the only place Buhari won't go looking for him We can't let Lagos go to the dogs. JK is just kidding.

Lagos Sai Ambode!

12 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 10:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
like if you think ambode will win Lagos
share if u think agbaje will win lagos

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by LubricatingOil: 11:00pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:

Why should he ask the average inconsequential yoruba man, since you claimed to be 75% of lagos population and you have endorsed him. If you are so keen of making him him a governor then he should replace the most useless governor of all time T.A Orji.

5 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Sooroptimist1: 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2015
chukwudi44:
[s]Lol fear don de catch you ni? I bet you 99 99% of those who voted for PDP last Saturday will repeat the same pattern next week. But at 30% of those who voted APC last Saturday will switch to PDP next week.
=bros ask the average yoruba man in Lagos, their mantra is change in Abuja and Lagos[/s]

There people like you go again

Trying to pontificate over an issue you have no clue about.........Like Barcanista like Chukwudi44

It is people like you who made Jonathan to lose by telling him what he wants to hear

Lagosians and SWners know that this is the best time to bury PDP for good.....

having tasted the punishment of the PDP led FG all these years as an opposition state and having just won the FG

Lagosians know that allowing the worst of the PDP in Yorubaland to use Lagos as a springboard towards political relevance for people like Bode George,Adeseye Ogunlewe,Musiliu Obanikoro and the OPC duo of Frederick Fasehun and Gani Adams through Jimi Agbaje is a NO NO

Jimi Agabje by his disposition has shown that he is a divisive man....a man who has been using brigands and thugs to unleash terror on Lagosians under the tacit protection of the PDP FG

The show of shame of the OPC recently is something very fresh in the memories of Lagosians

Lagos stands to benefit so much under a friendly FG at this period hence the need to vote for continuity of Fashola's legacies.......

8 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by munex007(m): 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
The change mantra used in the federal level can't be compare to state..we wanted change in federal due to gross incompetence..comparing it to lagos state is just unfair..

Apc blue print will be spoilt if jk wins,forget about his oratory prowess research about ambode qualification and expertise.he his a technocrat to the core check out his "brisk consulting firm" he his consultant to rivers,lagos,akwa ibow on public finance and management

forget those okada man,they are only fighting for their self interest i like the fact that fashola said he didn't regret his action..go to lUTH,iGBOBI there is okada accident ward..the rate of accident reduced after the ban on the highway..

i agree with op "jk" will lose by wide margin

8 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 01, 2015
Texcoco:
But GEJ was successful spliting your votes, go figure the landslide in little abia and ebonyi wiping out SW differentials including Lagos combined....didn't you see how PDP narrowly lost Lagos?? Was it expected to be so? Now that the contest will be btw two yorubas, we urge you to do the maths.

LOL. Yorubas don't care about tribe. It is you people that do.

Nobody cares if Jimi is Yoruba or not. He's PDP and the array of Tinubu's loyalists that are well-grounded in every corner of Lagos are enough to take care of him.

6 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Sooroptimist1: 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2015
raumdeuter:
There is something called the bandwagon effect in Politics

Jonathan miscalculated. He thought if he won, the efect would sweep all states under PDP

I told someone that the APC governors should forget their campaign and ensure Buhari wins, once that is done its an easy ride to victory

Jimi would now explain to Lagosians without the presidential cover what he meant by his useless utterances.

His Godfather already gave up and said he was going on exile, Fayose his backer is already changing tones, same with Mimiko

God bless you

Can you imagine the numbers of people that Jimi Agbaje's thugs have killed all in their bid to take-over or capture Lagos?

The did all that under the hallucinatory confidence of Federal might

Also his utterances have been very thuggish and idiocy-laden

2 Likes

Re: Why Jimi Agbaje Does Not Stand A Chance Again by Texcoco(m): 11:22pm On Apr 01, 2015
Jarus:

LOL. Yorubas don't care about tribe. It is you people that do.

Nobody cares if Jimi is Yoruba or not. He's PDP and the array of Tinubu's loyalists that are well-grounded in every corner of Lagos are enough to take care of him.
Since the array of loyalties didn't throw a landslide (but pipped the narrowest of margins even as bad as PDP is percieved )to an election far removed from them as the presidential especially with them having a big stake as Osnibajo,we are wondering how they can source a victory if Ambode so much as conceed 10% of yoruba votes...now observing your stance "yorubas don care about tribe" we must presume they don't care about parties but the character and expertise btw two candidates [as it proved with Jimi in 2011] therefore Ambode will surely conceed at least 10% of APC votes casted last weekend via a shift or split in yoruba votes....Ambode is gone

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Adams Oshiomhole's New Wife - Lala Fortez's Dazzling Photo! / 2019: S/west Leaders Plan Grand Inter-party Coalition / Military Men Shot Dead Mr Tambari Ntoto From Nonwa Tai Local Govt Just Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.