Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,560 members, 7,809,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:39 PM

Why Is This? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Is This? (1046 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is This? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Apr 01, 2015
I usually frequent blogs and forums.
If I like topics posted I drop comments, if I don't I continue with my day.
However I've noticed something of recent; a google search of my regular comment-name shows activity even in websites I do not know existed. I decided to click one of these unknown sites to investigate only to find to my absolute shock that comments I make on my favourite blogs get exported to these unknown sites shocked. I don't understand how this is possible or the reason behind it .

Can somebody explain to me how this thing works and why I cannot sue these unknowns for extracting personal intellectual property to their God forsaken sites?

A google search of my youtube user name shows the same thing happens to comments I make there. What is this fĂșckery angry?!
Re: Why Is This? by Nobody: 4:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
charix:
I usually frequent blogs and forums.
If I like topics posted I drop comments, if I don't I continue with my day.
However I've noticed something of recent; a google search of my regular comment-name shows activity even in websites I do not know existed. I decided to click one of these unknown sites to investigate only to find to my absolute shock that comments I make on my favourite blogs get exported to these unknown sites shocked. I don't understand how this is possible or the reason behind it .

Can somebody explain to me how this thing works and why I cannot sue these unknowns for extracting personal intellectual property to their God forsaken sites?

A google search of my youtube user name shows the same thing happens to comments I make there. What is this fĂșckery angry?!

I look u, I bone I pass

1 Like

Re: Why Is This? by Nobody: 4:51pm On Apr 02, 2015
jboy73:
I look u, I bone I pass

I recommend you do a google search too. You'd get surprised at what you see.
Re: Why Is This? by romme2u: 1:42am On Apr 03, 2015
that is web technology evolving cheesy. personal data theft is very rampant this days online with third-party cookies, link exchange and pingbacks between websites rampaging online in search of traffic. u need to be careful where u comment on issues online especially with ur facebook, google and other online accounts. BE CAREFUL WHERE U SUBMIT UR PERSONAL INFO AND STOP USING UR SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS TO REGISTER OR COMMENT ONLINE ESPECIALLY WITH UNKNOWN SITES.

FINAL ADVICE: LIMIT YOUR ONLINE ACTIVITIES, IF POSSIBLE USE INCOGNITO MODE PROVIDED BY FIREFOX and other browsers (some call it privacy mode).

sori for all the ranting. securing ur digital footprints while surfing the web needs a full lecture plus handouts with assignments and course work. in short a two-volume book.

1 Like

Re: Why Is This? by Nobody: 2:27am On Apr 03, 2015
romme2u:

Thank you very much for explaining and making it clear.
Re: Why Is This? by GodMode: 3:29am On Apr 03, 2015
charix:

Thank you very much for explaining and making it clear.

They use API to get posts, comments, pics and other things to add to their websites...

Its legal in some cases... as long as the owner uses the websites API legally...

The only solution to it is to create another profile that does not contain your real details..
If you want to remove your details ("TO SOME EXTENT" ) you have to delete that profile but it doesn't guarantee that your posts, comments pics e.t.c will also get deleted..

1 Like

Re: Why Is This? by Nobody: 4:45am On Apr 03, 2015
GodMode:

They use API to get posts, comments, pics and other things to add to their websites...

What's the point having a blog without legitimate readership though, I don't get the logic behind it . The point of having a blog, commercial or not is pulling readers attention well enough to make them check your site frequently. Even as a hungry blogger I'd lose interest fast if I keep writing articles and still expend energy to copy and paste comments from elsewhere; its too much work to maintain.

(1) (Reply)

Increase Your Google Page Ranking - Get Huge Traffic To Your Blog by............ / Cheapest Web Hosting Package With FREE .COM Domain / [NEEDED] 300k+ Facebook Fanpage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.