Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,549 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Marital Vice - Literature (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Marital Vice (58039 Views)

MARITAL SHAMBLES (COMPLETED) / Pre-marital Sex; The Underestimated Evil. / Marital Shambles - The Crumbs Of A Happy Home (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2015
So I had thought about typing something longer for my last update on this but could bring myself to type just this much.
Yeah, I could make it longer, explain much more but in truth, the cycle never ends.

At the beginning, I mentioned something about it being inspired by a true life experience though I've had to make quite remarkable switches at some points. The real story doesn't have an end just as Marital Vices wouldn't also. I do hope however that a few things have been caught at one point or the other in the course of reading because that's why I started writing. To share a few of what I can.
I'll apologize however if the last part leaves much to be desired. I can't exactly satisfy all. That's how far it goes. There's nothing like "Happily ever after" in the true sense. It's just a fictional term.

Now let's wrap it up...................

Deola handed over a plate of spaghetti to Niyi who received it bowing before turning out to leave the kitchen as quietly as he could. She however called him back bringing the boy to face her,

"Ma?!" He said wondering what wrong he had done. Since his mother had come in earlier that Saturday morning after one week following the incident at the hospital, he had still found it hard rubbing off of her.

"Niyi, do you hate me?" Deola asked her son directly. She had been burning with a conviction that her son despised her and only wished to hear it from his mouth. That would just convince her that she was wasting her time with them.

Niyi shook his head immediately. Hate was a strong word he wasn't expecting his mother to use. He couldn't hate her. At least he found out he couldn't when he kept missing her presence around. He only hated his brothers' mother. Not his mum. All he wanted was for her to care and maybe love him back.

Deola put her hand to her mouth slowly and called him over, "Sweetheart, come here."

He looked up at her expecting that she was crying again. He was already used to that sight anyways. He then moved over to her putting his plate of food away.

She pulled him to her once he'd stepped to look her in the eyes, "That minute when I left felt so tight, you know. I wanted to come off the plane and run over to get you and your sister but something held me fast to my seat. I kept thinking it was too late. I thought your father wouldn't let me anywhere near you. Then I thought I could show him how much I didn't care by leaving but you know what? I couldn't stay there anymore. I got so eager to see you two after the first night but I kept fighting it until last month when I couldn't anymore. I didn't even blink when I scheduled my flight down here. I told myself that I could at least get my children if I came back. I came with just that in my head. And when I saw you down there saying you didn't want to come with, I just lost words. Son, I thought for one split second that you had learnt to hate me in my absentia. And I couldn't stand it. I still can't stand it." She explained holding his cheeks as hers were wet with tears already. She stared into his eyes and wished she could switch times when she would have had a chance to create a smile in that face. She hadn't even seen him smile since her return now that she thought of it.

Totally unaware that Tolu had reached the kitchen entrance she engaged Niyi in another round of soliloquy as the boy only nodded once. Tolu seeing his presence hadn't been noticed stayed there noiselessly and watched her speak on and on about her travails abroad. She would never have told him any of that in their present relationship.

"Who's Tim?" He asked unable to keep to himself the notice of her mentioning the name over and over.

Deola broke from her talk and looked up to her husband. He'd been there all along?

"My friend. He asked me to marry him at some point. Just before I came." She told him straightforwardly. If he was going to ruin the whole trouble the good willed doctor (as she had found out during the week of all his help to her family and his meaning well for them) and their friends had gone through over the week by getting jealous, then she didn't care so much of his opinion.

"Oh!" Tolu expressed shortly and paused to watch her blink so fast, "I should thank him then. He made you remember why you had left home." When she didn't say a word, he continued, "I'm glad you're back. Really am. I thought......" He sighed unable to find the right words, "Never mind." He said and turned out of the kitchen.

"I couldn't tell him yes remembering I had a family. You don't need to feel the least of importance by that. I just played along with my conscience." She said after him. She had of an impulse wanted to tell him she never did cheat on their marriage and now wondered why she had said anything to him.

"I know what you can do. Just stay around." He said to her before finally leaving into the living room where he sank back into the single sofa that was there presently.

"I'm just glad you're back," he said again to himself, sighing.

Now he knew that some things could never return to normalcy. They might still get into squabbles again. They might quarrel over and over. But they both knew better now. They couldn't let themselves get separated again. They had chosen to ignore their children as the cords that held them together until those children became psychologically affected. They had forgone their care and love for each other because of a little mistrust that had lead to total distrust. They had created a marital vice blaming each other rather than fixing what could have been. Now they wouldn't just have their children to groom, they had two more children to care for in their mistakes because the whole discussion had led to his twin sons and Deola had finally agreed to her husband's children moving in with them after a long debate. His dealing with them himself was the exception and he was more than sure she would get over that after some time. The twins would become her children without her realizing it. He would rather that than Lydia raising them. He was sure also that Lydia might try to stop his decision but he had to stand by it if he really cared about his children. She was no good for a parent and he wasn't going to let her stop him.

But what mattered now was that they had a family to protect and strengthen. They had children who mattered more than anything. Those children needed encouragement and self pride. Both of which would only get severed if they stayed apart from each other. They had a family to get running. They had to make it work in spite the vices. Love or less love. It just had to strike a balance for it to survive.

So that's it. THE END.

2 Likes

Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 8:58pm On Oct 19, 2015
Oche211:

best writer, producer nd director. U re d best.
Every update just dey make dis story sweet.
U knw i can never leave d cinemas complex, never.
[b]At least mama Tolu don knw say na she be witch while her friend, iya Ruka be "Aje".
[/b]Tolu senses have been restored to d default factory settings. Niyi nd sonny re going 2 ve mama nd papa back in a new mansion. All na God win.
Thanks Kizzy 4 making my day wit dis update.
U deserve more than popcorn jare. What do u want make i place order nw nw

I really cracked up @ bolded. Didn't realize there was a difference between the two.

If I place my order, it might exceed budget grin

I feel ecstatic to have had you as a P.R.O. You deserve a hug smiley *throwing you a hug*
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2015
Ann2612:
nice update! Welldone
Thanks ma'am. Glad you followed.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:02pm On Oct 19, 2015
Captainswag225:
kizzykeziah, where are u? We miss u and ur story oo.

I'm here sir o. cool
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:04pm On Oct 19, 2015
chijudith:
thanks for finding time to update. you are the best!!!! keep it coming

Finding time is my pleasure ma'am. Thank you.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:06pm On Oct 19, 2015
harjibolar10:
Seriously, I couldn't bring my self to type anything pertaining to this scintillating "write-up"
All I can write now is; Namesake, you're the best...
Thou, I still can't stop wondering, how someone of your "field of study" can be this good in this "line", what a talent you got here dear
Keep em coming sis

Namesake mi, you know I just try. Love you loads. smiley kiss
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:07pm On Oct 19, 2015
kinah:
Oh baby dis ur TBC dey too long ooo.
Just joking. Keep it coming ur inspiration will never dry.
I can relate to deola's case. Wen thing don't work ur way or how u planned it. For the strong ones dey tend to find a way to kool off. Doin d same presently. Am nt supporting her leaving her kids.
bt looking at the kids will always make her remember all wat is happening, and she will always transfer d aggression. Wat if she has ran mad. Before crucifyin lets put ourselves in d person's shoe. Srzly most of us will do something worse Dan wat D did.
Tnx kizzy

L so much love your take, ma'am. And thank God, she didn't run mad. smiley
Re: Marital Vice by maryjoyce(f): 11:18pm On Oct 19, 2015
Mmmmm mmmmm. Weldone babes. Really, Dr is nothing like 'they lived happily ever after' o. It's all about sacrifices, patches, prices, tolerance, mending, understanding, forgiving, overlooking, God's grace and what have you . I enjoyed every bit of the story. These are things that really happen. The story is full of morals too. May your pen never run dry. Your cerveau will never be empty. 'A bi ni bi' is different from ability. Once again, I say du courage. wink
Re: Marital Vice by VanTee20(m): 6:50pm On Oct 20, 2015
I just finished reading this masterpiece and I have to say I can't think up a suitable adjective to qualify the impeccable job you did here. I enjoyed the story and learnt some deal at the same time. God bless you, Kizzykeziah, for writing this story...
Re: Marital Vice by princessadeola(f): 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2015
nice story with greet lessons
Re: Marital Vice by harjibolar10(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2015
kizzykeziah:

Namesake mi, you know I just try. Love you loads. smiley kiss
I've being wondering on where this story was going, but thank God you end the way you deem fit, but it would have been better and...(fill in the gap), if you venture into how papa Tolu use the phrase " I told you so" on mama Tolu

Whichever ways, it is welcome and acceptable

Thanks for the story dear
Re: Marital Vice by Ann2612(f): 2:29am On Oct 21, 2015
Parents (esp mothers) should learn not to always brag with their children's achievements just like Tolu's mom. Kizzykeziah Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with nairalanders. May ur source of inspiration never run dry.
Re: Marital Vice by blackmarya(f): 8:27am On Oct 21, 2015
ti'su omo eni ba jina, a ma ndowo bo je ni; that goes to mama tolu and to deola endurance lo laye oh. i must say a big weldone to you @kizzy. God bless u for sharing this piece
Re: Marital Vice by Captainswag225(m): 5:33pm On Oct 21, 2015
Well done to u kizzykeziah for a nice ending to a great story. Just wanted to hear more abt mama tolu and iya ruka but anyway am happy tolu and his wife deola came back together.
Re: Marital Vice by Adadinmaa(f): 9:24pm On Oct 21, 2015
Beautiful piece and feels so real. Well done
Re: Marital Vice by Rukkydelta(f): 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2015
This story is really a nice piece I learnt alot from this
Re: Marital Vice by extyme: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2015
I hav been following dis story as a guest for a long tym now n i must confess dat i registered just 2 commend dis masterpiece..infact i troway salute o .. weldone! may ur inspiration cont 2 florish... #greatstory! #nice ending!
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2015
Nice ending for the story kizzy. There re lots of morals that dis story teaches. I'm glad dat dis story ends dis way.
Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 8:32pm On Oct 24, 2015
This story teaches alot:
* Beware of Bad Friends- Kay nd Iya Ruka. Their ultimate aim is ur down fall.
* Good friends re hard to come by. God bless Tayo, he proved himself a worthy friend.
* Mama Tolu, d witch who do herself but blame others.
* Tolu, i'm lost of words on what to say abt him....he fall my hand no b small bt thank God his brain was formated nd restored 2 d default factory settings
* Deola shld knw dat it's nt all those who fight nd run that gets to fight another day. Sometimes u stand ur ground nd face ur demon squarely.
* To all d Lydia(s) out there who prefer 2 b side chicks, i ve few words 4 u, get ur own man, stand by him 2 build an empire nd become d empress.
*bows out*

1 Like

Re: Marital Vice by Oche211(m): 8:40pm On Oct 24, 2015
kizzykeziah:

I really cracked up @ bolded. Didn't realize there was a difference between the two.

If I place my order, it might exceed budget grin

I feel ecstatic to have had you as a P.R.O. You deserve a hug smiley *throwing you a hug*
*receiving ur hug*
thanks 4 d compliment. Bt i must say again d u re best that's why we could ve come dis far over d months. Looking forward 2 ur next story any time it drops.....
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
maryjoyce:
Mmmmm mmmmm. Weldone babes. Really, Dr is nothing like 'they lived happily ever after' o. It's all about sacrifices, patches, prices, tolerance, mending, understanding, forgiving, overlooking, God's grace and what have you . I enjoyed every bit of the story. These are things that really happen. The story is full of morals too. May your pen never run dry. Your cerveau will never be empty. 'A bi ni bi' is different from ability. Once again, I say du courage. wink

Thanks for the loaded comment, ma'am. God bless you loads.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
VanTee20:
I just finished reading this masterpiece and I have to say I can't think up a suitable adjective to qualify the impeccable job you did here. I enjoyed the story and learnt some deal at the same time. God bless you, Kizzykeziah, for writing this story...

My mentor and friend, God bless you loads too. You're even more awesome smiley
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2015
princessadeola:
nice story with greet lessons

Thanks, Princess.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
harjibolar10:

I've being wondering on where this story was going, but thank God you end the way you deem fit, but it would have been better and...(fill in the gap), if you venture into how papa Tolu use the phrase " I told you so" on mama Tolu
Whichever ways, it is welcome and acceptable
Thanks for the story dear

Namesake mi of life! You know you're awesome cool Thanks for following through.....
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Ann2612:
Parents (esp mothers) should learn not to always brag with their children's achievements just like Tolu's mom. Kizzykeziah Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with nairalanders. May ur source of inspiration never run dry.

Amen, ma'am. You're most definitely right in your opinion. Thank you so much for following through...
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
blackmarya:
ti'su omo eni ba jina, a ma ndowo bo je ni; that goes to mama tolu and to deola endurance lo laye oh. i must say a big weldone to you @kizzy. God bless u for sharing this piece

Your Yoruba is bam o, I hope to learn from you. Thanks for following too.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:27pm On Nov 04, 2015
Captainswag225:
Well done to u kizzykeziah for a nice ending to a great story. Just wanted to hear more abt mama tolu and iya ruka but anyway am happy tolu and his wife deola came back together.

Thanks, captain. I just didn't feel the need to add unnecessary-ish. Thanks again and again and again.....
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:41pm On Nov 04, 2015
Adadinmaa:
Beautiful piece and feels so real. Well done
Gracias ma'am.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
Rukkydelta:
Rukkydelta:

Thank you, ma'am.
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:46pm On Nov 04, 2015
extyme:
I hav been following dis story as a guest for a long tym now n i must confess dat i registered just 2 commend dis masterpiece..infact i troway salute o .. weldone! may ur inspiration cont 2 florish... #greatstory! #nice ending!

Awwwn.... smiley

Thank you in bunches. I'm so so glad you appreciate it. God bless your humble self in loads......
Re: Marital Vice by kizzykeziah: 9:51pm On Nov 04, 2015
Oche211:
Nice ending for the story kizzy. There re lots of morals that dis story teaches. I'm glad dat dis story ends dis way.

P.R.O of life! I'm glad you're glad cool

Oche211:
This story teaches alot:
* Beware of Bad Friends- Kay nd Iya Ruka. Their ultimate aim is ur down fall.
* Good friends re hard to come by. God bless Tayo, he proved himself a worthy friend.
* Mama Tolu, d witch who do herself but blame others.
* Tolu, i'm lost of words on what to say abt him....he fall my hand no b small bt thank God his brain was formated nd restored 2 d default factory settings
* Deola shld knw dat it's nt all those who fight nd run that gets to fight another day. Sometimes u stand ur ground nd face ur demon squarely.
* To all d Lydia(s) out there who prefer 2 b side chicks, i ve few words 4 u, get ur own man, stand by him 2 build an empire nd become d empress.
*bows out*

Wow, even I couldn't come up with that much. You're just so amazing, eh. ROTFL @your conclusion on Tolu. cheesy

Oche211:

*receiving ur hug*
thanks 4 d compliment. Bt i must say again d u re best that's why we could ve come dis far over d months. Looking forward 2 ur next story any time it drops.....

Looking forward to it myself....
Re: Marital Vice by Melancholy(m): 4:54pm On Nov 10, 2015
Chronologically, u would say oh adeola the vulnerable one. when u read further u say to urself its a PATRIACH world afterall! But the denuouement came with a classic one, and not forgetting those 2 great advisers, christina and tayo. Kizzykeziah, thanks for blessing us with ur talent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

TWO MAN BUSINESS - (The Complete Series) / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie: 'I Was Happy To Wear Dior Cleavage-Baring Dress' / International Magazine Rejects Chimamanda Adichie's Photos. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.