Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,918 members, 7,806,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians (2676 Views)

Nigerians Are Right To Expect Miracles From Buhari - PDP Chief Sunny Onuesoke / Don’t Expect Too Much From Buhari, Cardinal Okogie Tells Nigerians / Don't Expect Miracles When I Assume Office, Buhari Tells Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by 247Musics(m): 11:08pm On Apr 01, 2015
In one of his first full interviews as President-elect, Gen. Muhammudu Buhari discusses how he plans to tackle Boko Haram while also warning Nigerians not to expect a miracle when his administration tackles the menace.
The interview which was conducted by the BBC’s Peter okwoche questions about the gesture of President Goodluck Jonathan in congratulating him on his victory and his thoughts about Boko Haram were thrown at the General.
In the interview the General says he feels fulfilled in acheiving his goal after four attempts in becoming president (2003, 2007, 2011 and 2015).
the interviewer asked: “were you surprised when President Goodluck Jonathan called you to concede defeat and say congratulations because thats a new thing here in Nigeria”?
Buhari replied: “I am not surprised because he (Jonathan) has been talking to international community; United States especially Britain and I think he is respectful of those countries and their leadership but it was something extraordinary thaty as commander in Chief and President that he should allow the law to take its course, let the Nigerian election be conducted according to law. That is all they asked him”
He added; ” he signed an undertaking and I think he did his best”
When asked about how he would go about fulfilling his promises to Nigerians, Buhari replied; “I wouldn’t have made the promises if I don’t know how to go about it. We identified a number of problems that is insecurity in the country which every.... Read all view video click http://www.justclassic.co.vu/2015/04/dont-expect-miracles-when-i-tackle-boko.html

1 Like

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by ELTON123(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sai baba
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by midolian(m): 11:11pm On Apr 01, 2015
Sai baba
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by owobokiri(m): 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Making excuses already?

17 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2015
Only a F….l will expect any thing G….d from you.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by edogirl2: 11:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
Things are not going to change overnight. Most people will accept that.

What is expected though is a quick and profound change in how the new government manages the various challenges that the country faces.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 01, 2015
God bless President GEJ. He's the real hero here. God bless Nigeria.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by xpac01(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
Yea we don't expect that we only expect change!! But you have a pastor with you. So we should be expecting a miraculous change!

1 Like

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by IykeChukz(m): 11:20pm On Apr 01, 2015
My candid advice Sir,

When on microphone, bite your words before you chew and stop biting what you cannot chew...

It has happened earlier before now and we hope you curtail it.

Before now, we know that change is a process, don't take it as a miracle.
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by DesChyko: 11:28pm On Apr 01, 2015
WTF??
Come on, General.
Giving excuses is hardly what we expect from you, not after the pressure that was heaped on the President and certainly not after Boko Haram have been driven to the fringes of Nigeria.
Just do it.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by pembisco(m): 11:48pm On Apr 01, 2015
I've said it, this man has been overhyped. Excuses even b4 entering Aso rock. People don't know dt wen u ar out there, the problems and solutions seems to be at ur palm but my brother, enter there and you'll be so clueless.
I thought he said he is going to lead the war front against boko haram. Yeye de smell

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by shortgun(m): 11:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
DesChyko:
WTF??
Come on, General.
Giving excuses is hardly what we expect from you, not after the pressure that was heaped on the President and certainly not after Boko Haram have been driven to the fringes of Nigeria.
Just do it.
Hahahaha. He is already giving excuses.

The insults this man will get from Nigerians ehh grin

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by pembisco(m): 11:53pm On Apr 01, 2015
shortgun:

Hahahaha. He is already giving excuses.

The insults this man will get from Nigerians ehh grin
in go regret ever contesting. He thought democracy is military regime where you cn do nd undo.

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by pembisco(m): 11:57pm On Apr 01, 2015
owobokiri:
Making excuses already?
what do you expect from an illiterate. some one that said an attack on boko haram is an attack on the north should not be trusted.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by roqchiq(f): 12:04am On Apr 02, 2015
GEJ didn't concede because of any foreign involvement, or any blasted peace pact....He conceded because being a true Nigerian, a Patriotic number one Citizen, He would not allow any Nigerian blood to be shed, if he can stop it. Mind you it takes only his silence or rejection of the results to kickstart the anarchy. Those who are saying he could not rig, You are wrong and in your hearts you know quite well that you are deceiving yourselves, it takes only to remove Jega and bam!! Election will go his way, and there is nothing you can do about it, except to start crying foul, rushing to courts, or as usual the Northerners will continue bombing themselves,and it won't affect him at all, after two months contracts will be given, money will change hands, and the whole fiasco will be forgotten(don't forget he postponed the date, and there was nothing you could do about it!!)

People say GEJ doesn't deserve being hailed for doing the right thing, ie conceding, and it begs to ask, how many Nigerians do the right thing? Then, how many Nigerian figureheads do the right thing?? If the dear General, had conceded defeat in 2011, would all these wasted lives be gone??#foodforthot, and don't forget Obj and his third term dream.

My people forget easily and quickly, what should never be forgot.

I will applaud, the Man who conceded defeat to allow peace reign, the Man who promised free and fair and delivered, knowing it won't favour him, the Man who confirmed that democracy has come and should stay in Nigeria, the Man who smiled when he lost the seat knowing that he has gained our hearts and dare I say saved our lives, the Man who led by example of how a Patriotic, true Statesman should act...Thank You GEJ, we are proud of you!!! GEJ now synonymous with True Democratic Spirit!!!!
#GEJDHERO
#GEJDMAN
#GEJDREALVICTOR

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Amisec: 12:08am On Apr 02, 2015
"I will finish Bokoharam in two weeks''.....Abeg who promised this?

Nigerians I am lol..

Change?

6 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by watered(m): 12:12am On Apr 02, 2015
Make baba no just provoke person o! You never enter villa you don dey talk like this; e be like say u don forget how u take enter.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Ezyp(m): 12:24am On Apr 02, 2015
Shey 2019 Gej fit contest again?

1 Like

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by agabaI23(m): 12:34am On Apr 02, 2015
IykeChukz:
My candid advice Sir,

When on microphone, bite your words before you chew and stop biting what you cannot chew...

It has happened earlier before now and we hope you curtail it.

Before now, we know that change is a process, don't take it as a miracle.
Change is suddenly a process and when AyeDee said it, you rejected it.

We are watching

7 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by autotrader014(m): 12:39am On Apr 02, 2015
He has not even entered and he is complaining.. Lol grin
You people tink u ve seen corruption? Just wait and see corruption personified in dis comin administration.. Wit the likes of Tinubu, amaechi, atifku, saraki, obj.. And u tell me he can get rid of corruption!! U guys must be jokin..
Buhari must perform dat magic ooooh, weda he likes it or not..
N1 has to be equal to $1
Fuel price has to be at N30 per litter
He has to provide 24hrs electricity
He has to create employment for over 70million unemployed Nigerians.
We need 24hrs security, no robbery of any kind should take place in dis country.
U need to buy new model 2015 trains as the ones GEJ bought is out dated (according to APC bigots).
U need to provide adequate transportation, reduce air tariff so common Nigerians can afford it.
All federal roads must be 100% completed before 2019.
You said you will pay the unemployed monthly allowance, with Nigerians recurrent expenditure at 70% already, Oga Presido we are waitin for collection of our account numbers.
Boko haram must be conquered within two weeks of ur assumption in office.
And u must make sure none of ur ministers are corrupt or have bank accounts abroad or mansions over seas, any one found guilty must be probed instantly irespective of who dat person is.

Buhari we are waitin and u need do all these tins before 2019.
Sai Buhari
Sai APC grin

GEJ my hero, we will miss u.. Please go and have some rest let baba take us to the promise land as he has promised..

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Igwe9(m): 12:39am On Apr 02, 2015
Well Baba, miracles do happen. I don't believe in witches but I know witches do fly. So, you have to prove to us that you are better. No going back.
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 12:46am On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:
Making excuses already?

Wetin you expect nah? I never hear any bomb blast.

The most foolish comments I dey hear from people na if Buhari no perform, we go vote am out. How they wan do am? Dey think say him be GEJ?

3 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Amisec: 12:51am On Apr 02, 2015
[qu
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by autotrader014(m): 12:51am On Apr 02, 2015
vislabraye:

Wetin you expect nah? I never hear any bomb blast.

The most foolish comments I dey hear from people na if Buhari no perform, we go vote am out. How they wan do am? Dey think say him be GEJ?
just imagine how dumb and stuupiid u sound.. so u tink he cannot be voted out? cos him be ediamin? olodo

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 1:06am On Apr 02, 2015
autotrader014:

just imagine how dumb and stuupiid u sound.. so u tink he cannot be voted out? cos him be ediamin? olodo

Don't allow me insult your family. Just keep to yourself. I don't blame you cos the fluid in your brain is semenn grin

1 Like

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 02, 2015
Is Gen Buhari trying to give excuse before assuming power? I won't comment further but I will hold him to his campaign promises.

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by autotrader014(m): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2015
vislabraye:

Don't allow me insult your family. Just keep to yourself. I don't blame you cos the fluid in your brain is semenn grin
tongue
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by VIPERVENOM(m): 1:16am On Apr 02, 2015
owobokiri:
Making excuses already?
wat excuse? He's only sayin nigerians should be patient not giving false hope like dat bayelsa man who said boko haram would be history by june 2012. We're in april 2015 now and boko haram are still on rampage
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by ichieoriginal(m): 2:20am On Apr 02, 2015
autotrader014:
He has not even entered and he is complaining.. Lol grin
You people tink u ve seen corruption? Just wait and see corruption personified in dis comin administration.. Wit the likes of Tinubu, amaechi, atifku, saraki, obj.. And u tell me he can get rid of corruption!! U guys must be jokin..
Buhari must perform dat magic ooooh, weda he likes it or not..
N1 has to be equal to $1
Fuel price has to be at N30 per litter
He has to provide 24hrs electricity
He has to create employment for over 70million unemployed Nigerians.
We need 24hrs security, no robbery of any kind should take place in dis country.
U need to buy new model 2015 trains as the ones GEJ bought is out dated (according to APC bigots).
U need to provide adequate transportation, reduce air tariff so common Nigerians can afford it.
All federal roads must be 100% completed before 2019.
You said you will pay the unemployed monthly allowance, with Nigerians recurrent expenditure at 70% already, Oga Presido we are waitin for collection of our account numbers.
Boko haram must be conquered within two weeks of ur assumption in office.
And u must make sure none of ur ministers are corrupt or have bank accounts abroad or mansions over seas, any one found guilty must be probed instantly irespective of who dat person is.

Buhari we are waitin and u need do all these tins before 2019.
Sai Buhari
Sai APC grin

GEJ my hero, we will miss u.. Please go and have some rest let baba take us to the promise land as he has promised..

I smell anti GMB here
Well whether u like it or not,e don win
And hopefully he will try his best
All those list u write for there,guy!!! Awoof dy purge belle oh...na only for dream u go fit see that kind thing
So oh bobs go to sleep.
Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by Noloss(f): 2:45am On Apr 02, 2015
Hehehehhe! So soon.

1 Like

Re: Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians by autotrader014(m): 6:53am On Apr 02, 2015
VIPERVENOM:
wat excuse? He's only sayin nigerians should be patient not giving false hope like dat bayelsa man who said boko haram would be history by june 2012. We're in april 2015 now and boko haram are still on rampage
my frnd shut d fvck up.. buhari said he can solve boko haram problem in 2weeks. do u tink cos ur brain is dead and cant recall so is ours?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

English Palava!!! What Do We Call Husband Of A Female Gov? / Meet The President And VP Official Photographers / Zamfara Sex Scandal: Involved Ex-commissioner Revealed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.