Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,873 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

How Do I Become Caring??? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Become Caring??? (4632 Views)

She Rejected Me, I Moved On But Why Is She Still Acting Like She Is Caring / Ladies. Watch Your Tongue. I Stopped Caring For Her After She Said This / Check Out This Romantic Picture Of A Caring Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Most introverts are caring personalities.

if the op is not, then chances are she isnt one, or its something else.

If you are an introvert you'll know, most introverts are very carefree about other people. Although, they pay a lot of attention to themselves.

However, it all depends on the amount of "sanguine nature" and "melancholic nature". Very melancholic introverts are usually not drawn to care for others.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
I'm an introvert

And I'm not 'caring.' embarassed
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by spacefreak: 6:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:
I'm an introvert

Being an introvert doesn't automatically mean one doesn't care. I think you actually care for a lot of reasons.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by njuwo(m): 6:08pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:
I have really tried to be caring, but it just seems like i cant ever be.. it affects my r/ship with people on a major scale.. and am tired of always apologizing and promising to change ..
Although am a nurse and people expect me to be caring.. i am actually caring to my patients (patients care i guess is different from normal socio-interactive care ) because i cant seem to bring that whole loving nature in interactions with friends..
Any suggestions please??
Start rubbing caroline body lotion. You will become caring before you know it. Na im i dey use. I caring pass care itself now.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 05, 2015
spacefreak:

Being an introvert doesn't automatically mean one doesn't care. I think you actually care for a lot of reasons.

I do? embarassed
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by spacefreak: 6:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

I do? embarassed

Yes you do. Don't argue with feminists its like trying to convert radical Muslims.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:
I'm an introvert

that's what I was saying, only introverts can understand.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 05, 2015
spacefreak:

Yes you do. Don't argue with feminists its like trying to convert radical Muslims.

Okay dear. kiss
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 6:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
juicyjoint:

So you must av a good understanding of your temperament. BTW, do you have a soft copy of the book?
Yup i hv a lil understanding of it.. jes skimmed the book a long time ago.
Nah i don't have the soft copy.. id Try finding it tho..
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 6:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Most introverts are caring personalities.

if the op is not, then chances are she isnt one, or its something else.
U said most.. wat if i fall into the category of the other introverts that don't care
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:01pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:
I'm an introvert

Nice meeting u cheesy
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:

Nice meeting u cheesy

Pleasure is all mine, darling cheesy
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Pleasure is all mine, darling cheesy

How do u cope with it?? embarassed
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:

How do u cope with it?? embarassed

It's hard, I still don't know how to.
My ex told me I was uncaring and blah blah blah
I had to break up with him, cos I felt someone else could do better

Maybe I didn't love him enough.
If you love someone, I think it just flows outta you.

Do you have a big ego?
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

It's hard, I still don't know how to.
My ex told me I was uncaring and blah blah blah
I had to break up with him, cos I felt someone else could do better

Maybe I didn't love him enough.
If you love someone, I think it just flows outta you.

Do you have a big ego?

Same thing here oo.. though not my ex.. my present bf says i only show it wen it touches my head.. nd i know i love him
.so i wonder y it doesn't wanna flow all the time..
Yes i have a big ego.. do u??
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Emmalaw10(m): 7:43pm On Apr 05, 2015
Op, One thing that may be responsible for this is that if you're the type that expects people to reciprocate the care and they fail to you begin to find yourself reducing ur rate of care. I used to be like that cos I wd show care and expect people to reciprocate but it doesn't normally happen, my rate of care reduced. But now, I still care cos I now believe all rewards are in heaven.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:

Same thing here oo.. though not my ex.. my present bf says i only show it wen it touches my head.. nd i know i love him
.so i wonder y it doesn't wanna flow all the time..
Yes i have a big ego.. do u??

Yes.

We do indeed have a problem.

All he has to do is to be patient with you. smiley
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:

Yup i hv a lil understanding of it.. jes skimmed the book a long time ago.
Nah i don't have the soft copy.. id Try finding it tho..

Aii, let me know if you find it. Its been a long time since i read too.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:57pm On Apr 05, 2015
MzNelly:

Yes.

We do indeed have a problem.

All he has to do is to be patient with you. smiley

Lol.. yah we do.. thinking of seeing a shrink.. it might have something to do with previous experiences..
I pray he is.. he's tried jare. *thumbs up..

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:58pm On Apr 05, 2015
Emmalaw10:
Op, One thing that may be responsible for this is that if you're the type that expects people to reciprocate the care and they fail to you begin to find yourself reducing ur rate of care. I used to be like that cos I wd show care and expect people to reciprocate but it doesn't normally happen, my rate of care reduced. But now, I still care cos I now believe all rewards are in heaven.

Lol @the reward is in heaven part..
Am working on the stuff oo.. id chip in ur advice.. Thanks
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Emmalaw10(m): 8:29pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:

Lol @the reward is in heaven part..
Am working on the stuff oo.. id chip in ur advice.. Thanks

Anytime dear
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tpiadotcom: 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2015
juicyjoint:

If you are an introvert you'll know, most introverts are very carefree about other people. Although, they pay a lot of attention to themselves.

However, it all depends on the amount of "sanguine nature" and "melancholic nature". Very melancholic introverts are usually not drawn to care for others.

Introverts are caring people, it comes with that particular temperament. If you see an introvert who is not caring, then that's something else and their character needs to be reanalyzed for proper placement.

Some introverts might stop showing this part of their nature if people consider it a negative, a weakness or take advantage of them because of it.

Its all about conditioning.

Melancholics in this context, are known for being too affected by what goes on around them, more than other temperaments. I agree some may be too introspective or withdrawn to be caring.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 9:46pm On Apr 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:

Introverts are caring people, it comes with that particular temperament. If you see an introvert who is not caring, then that's something else and their character needs to be reanalyzed for proper placement.

Some introverts might stop showing this part of their nature if people consider it a negative, a weakness or take advantage of them because of it.

Its all about conditioning.

Thanks. I think mine is cause i feel people might take advantage of it /weakness..
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tpiadotcom: 9:51pm On Apr 05, 2015
Yes, it can be a negative if not harnessed.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2015
tpiadotcom:

You are very much right, i remember i used to be very caring while growing up but when i saw the reality of life and how cruel people can be, i just started sinking in gradually. At this point, it will take some serious conditioning to make me as caring as i was back then.

Secondly, i think the problem is because we introverts find it hard to fake love and care (this is just an hypothesis). Personally, i wont pretend to care for anyone, if i don't feel like it, i don't see any reason to force it, and i don't feel like it most of the times.

So what are your tips for the conditioning you mentioned, you sound very much like a psychologist wink

1 Like

Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by luvablesam(m): 11:31pm On Apr 05, 2015
tohpahz:
I have really tried to be caring, but it just seems like i cant ever be.. it affects my r/ship with people on a major scale.. and am tired of always apologizing and promising to change ..
Although am a nurse and people expect me to be caring.. i am actually caring to my patients (patients care i guess is different from normal socio-interactive care ) because i cant seem to bring that whole loving nature in interactions with friends..
Any suggestions please??

U are in a wrong profession then...Nurses n teachers are suppose to care the most but in Nigeria the case is always different.

Caring is either natural or built/ developed. U can build it. Do u know u can get to the front of any event or activity(when you are late) by just creating a 45 second relationship with the person in front of u?

Oh u boy grew so big already,Av u eaten?, I missed u or love u shldnt be a biggie. it won't reduce your earnings or status. just learn!.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by tohpahz(f): 7:26am On Apr 06, 2015
luvablesam:

U are in a wrong profession then...Nurses n teachers are suppose to care the most but in Nigeria the case is always different.

Caring is either natural or built/ developed. U can build it. Do u know u can get to the front of any event or activity(when you are late) by just creating a 45 second relationship with the person in front of u?

Oh u boy grew so big already,Av u eaten?, I missed u or love u shldnt be a biggie. it won't reduce your earnings or status. just learn!.

U didnt read my post well..
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by luvablesam(m): 7:53am On Apr 06, 2015
tohpahz:

U didnt read my post well..

what did I miss out?
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 8:21am On Apr 06, 2015
luvablesam:

what did I miss out?

She is caring to patients.
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by luvablesam(m): 8:22am On Apr 06, 2015
juicyjoint:

She is caring to patients.

oh, ok
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 09, 2015
Nurse in Nigeria, really?
Re: How Do I Become Caring??? by eleganteunice: 11:48pm On Apr 09, 2015
My advice is that u should learn to care for yourself first then caring for others will follow naturally.

Happiness is a Choice You Make
If you are not a happy person that is a choice you are making. You have full control over your life and the decisions that you make. There are many factors which people measure happiness. Some people think money is happiness however they may absolutely miserable with what they do on a daily basis to make their money.
Continue reading @ [url]euniceamede.com[/url]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Have Been Rejecting My Proposal / Guy Asks A Girl Out On Twitter. See Her Epic Reply / The Lady On The Frame! Pics 18+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.