Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,932 members, 7,799,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:04 PM

My experience with Jumia #solved. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My experience with Jumia #solved. (8472 Views)

My Experience With A Corporate Begger / My Experience In Egg Distribution Investment. / Drop All Ur Paypal Acct Related Issues/Queries In Here & Get It Solved/Answered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:03am On Apr 02, 2015
Modified: 5/4/2015 at 9:57 AM. I think buying stuffs from a reputable company like Jumia and co is safer and advisable. The Jumia delevery man who came to retrieve the AC from me told me that Jumia buy in large quantities from manufacturer hence the better chance of getting a replacement if there is any issue with item bought from them. Unlike normal retail shops who buys 2-5 types of a particular model of electronic. If anything goes wrong, you wont have the privilege of choosing the particular model of your choice. You have to choose from other models they have because they dont offer refund like Jumia and co. Jumia has replaced my AC with the exact model i first bought. The AC man is here installing it now. I hope this works fine, though the indoor unit pack has a stamp that says "PASSED". Thank y'all for reading and contributing. One love.

Hi Nairalanders, My name is Kamal, I just want to share what I experienced in the hands of Jumia with you. Jumia is a big e-commerce shop so they dont need any introduction. I ordered a NGN 77,766.00 Samsung Slip Air Conditioner 1.5HP (Tripple Protector) AR12FCFSAWK2SI on Jumia on 19-03-2015 with a payment method of CashOnDelivery. I received a call from Jumia the following day asking me if they should go ahead with the order and i tol them yes. The order was delivered to me on 23-03-2015 and I immediately call an AC Man who works for my friend in Ikeja to come install the AC for me. After the installation, I ran a self diagnose wizard on the AC to confirm if the AC was properly installed (The AC came with a self diagnose function) and after 10 minutes, the self diagnose completed scanning and it confirmed the AC was properly installed.

I later picked the AC remote and chose 16 degree celsius (The colded) after about 2 hours I was still sweating under the AC. That was when i knew something was wrong with the AC delivered to me by Jumia. I went through the manual for about 30 minutes and did all instruction on the manual but the AC was still not cool enough. The AC was literally cooling like an half Horse power AC (I dont know if there is anything like that) I immediately called there customer service and I was told that they would come and retrieve the AC from me between 8 working days. 3 days ago (30th of March) I received a text from Jumia that RET-308673849 would be retrieved from me by Akintunde Olaore and the Mr. Akintunde's mobile number was included in the text. After waiting for about 6 hours and Mr. Akintunde was not in my place. I called him and he told me he didnt have my name on the list of orders/retrievals on him. I was shockec and immediatly called Jumia customer care. The guy who talked to me confirmed to me that they indeed sent the text to me and i shoul keep the text as a prove. He said I shoul not be worrie that their dispatcher would come to my place between 2 days to retrieve the Item.

Its Thursday today and no calls, text from Jumai and no dispatcher has been to my place. The AC is still in my place, carefully packed. I think Jumia is trying to pull a fast one on me because accoring to their return policy the gave me on the day of delivery. Retrieval by Jumia in Lagos is 8 working days. 8 days has elapsed (counting from the delivery date) but 8 working days would elapse today (Thursday) You see why I was able to know that they are trying to scam me? Well. I have learnt my lessons and i just want to share it so anyone wont fall for it. I love buying stuffs from online because i hate the stress of carrying heavy stuffs, So I rather buy from online an pay for delivery.

I had a similar experience with Konga when i bought my Blender and to my surprise Konga retrieved the item from me 2 days after i called them and a replacement was delivered to me 3 days later. Its been 11 days since i called Jumia and I could receive from them is a faux text message pulling my legs that the item would be retrived from me that day. I learnt 1 lessons from this scenario.

1. I rather go to my igbo brother's store and buy my electronics there, if there is any glitch kpatakpata na to add small money carry another one.

Buy anything on Jumia at your own detriments. Now I lost my NGN 77,766.00 to Jumia from the substandard product they delivered to me and they are now feeling like a boss. I wanted to be cooling my head in this our weather but guess what? My ceiling fan has been doing that for me because the Substandard AC delivered to me by Jumia is just lying right there since the second day of delivery. Spend your hard earned cash wisely, Dont patronize Jumia, go to the market buy your stuff from a physical store. Thanks for taking your time to read my long story.

Kamal.

P.S: I would retract my post as soon as Jumia settle this ish and I might consider buying from them once again if they can retrieve this substandard AC and replace it with a good one. There is a blade like pastic in the indoor unit which is suppose to be swinging left to right. The blade is just there, its not swinging left to right. its just stationary. So its not an installation error. It was jumia who delivere a fake product to me. The indoor unit package was even torn and rough from the first day of delivery. that raised my first suspicion. But i collected the item anyways, because i was dealing with almighty Jumia.

CC. Lalastica. Seun

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by jodeci(m): 9:08am On Apr 02, 2015
U bleeped up by mentioning konga,cashn carry and kind of advertising for them and demarketing the other.

You still would have made your complains to the forum without mentioning konga.

Now everyone will see you as fraud itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by vjsmiles: 9:12am On Apr 02, 2015
grin

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by dominique(f): 9:14am On Apr 02, 2015
Give us evidence of your interactions with Mumia and pics of the AC packed in a corner or... you know the rest naa
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by sammyyoung2(m): 9:15am On Apr 02, 2015
Had a similar experience buying a laptop from Jumia......as for me and my household, we shall go to IBO man shop.

3 Likes

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by adedapa(m): 9:19am On Apr 02, 2015
So sorry Bro! The problem might have been generated on transit or during installation. I've been buying stuffs frm them for a while without any issue. Please use their other channels like Twitter and email to submit your complaint, and I'm sure it shall be fixed. Cheers/
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Hawx(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
If Jumia is not forthcoming and the product is under warranty, I suggest you take the product to Samsung Service Centre. I rest my case! I feel your grievance!
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by sinkhole: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
Guy relax, Jumia is not all that bad! I had problem with jumia too and was dead worried but it was solved at the end of the day!
But mind u I have already vowed that I will never do business with Jumia again just because they do not offer pay-on-delivrry to all part of Nigeria, the day they have pay-on-delivery to all part then I may start shopping with them again and also their shipping charges are way too much!
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:20am On Apr 02, 2015
dominique:
Give us evidence of your interactions with Mumia and pics of the AC packed in a corner or... you know the rest naa

The evidence is right there now.

1 Like

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by XtraSmooth404: 9:21am On Apr 02, 2015
@OP, you've been patronising konga, and then on your first attempt with Jumia you got disappointed, I guess that's the summary. You shouldn't be quick to condemn Jumia. This sounds like a de-marketing strategy.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:23am On Apr 02, 2015
jodeci:
U bleeped up by mentioning konga,cashn carry and kind of advertising for them and demarketing the other.

You still would have made your complains to the forum without mentioning konga.

Now everyone will see you as fraud itself.

Have you gone through a similar experience before? Do you know how it hurts? Apart from the NGN 77,766.00 Do you know how much I spent on installation and the removal of the already installed AC? I would have not mentioned Konga if I didnt have a similar experiece with them which was later rectified under 5 days. Thanks

5 Likes

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by sinkhole: 9:27am On Apr 02, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
@OP, you've been patronising konga, and then on your first attempt with Jumia you got disappointed, I guess that's the summary. You shouldn't be quick to condemn Jumia. This sounds like a de-marketing strategy.
That was what happend to me, but I think the OP is genuine, he is not de-marketing jumia. When it happend to me, I sent numerous mails, I contacted them on facebook and twitter and they replied every bit of what I sent and my transaction was not even up to 15,000naira then!
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:37am On Apr 02, 2015
sinkhole:
That was what happend to me, but I think the OP is genuine, he is not de-marketing jumia. When it happend to me, I sent numerous mails, I contacted them on facebook and twitter and they replied every bit of what I sent and my transaction was not even up to 15,000naira then!

Thanks Jare broda. All the evidence are there. I even edited my first post so it wont sounds like de-marketing strategy. I called Jumia last week and I told them i would make my grievance known on Nairaland as I am an active nairaland user. You can all read my first post again. No advert for other Online store there anymore. Thanks
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by omoharry(f): 9:44am On Apr 02, 2015
Jumia sells substandard product especially cloths and shoes, which are over priced with very low quality... i used to patronize jumia alot but discovered i thier product were not durable... what pained most was a particular scandals i bought for N6000.. It got bad just the first day of wearing it out on date with my new guy. the two bottom sole came off...na the bobo wey i dey make yaga for nai come help me look for shoe maker to mend am.. so that i could used it home....come see me dey swear for Jumia for my mind sey ..ee no go better for them..... it was the most embarrassing moment of my life.... can you believe that i saw that same sandals for 950, in Kaymu.com(also an online retail store in Nigeria)... i was so angry... Jumia should seat up and stop taking advantage of their customers...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2015
I nearly placed an order for an 8kg lg washing machine for my prospective bizness. I no dey do again. I go go buy from sapon in abk

2 Likes

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2015
I totally agree with the author of this piece. I have been deceived too by JUMIA. I bought Infinix Zero phone from them last December. My order No is #309539728. I was told the phone was coming with free monthly etisalat 500MB. I'm fact the phone pack was sealed with the free MB tag. But to my surprise, I never got the free MB. when I called them, they asked me to call Etisalat. When I called Etisalat, the said it was only Infinix Zero phones sold by Konga that has the free MB. I calllws back JUMIA, but they would keep asking for this and that info about my phone. Nigerians should be warned about this dubious activities of JUMIA and be guided appropriately.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
I nearly placed an order for an 8kg lg washing machine for my prospective bizness. I no dey do again. I go go buy from sapon in abk

Very good decision.

4 Likes

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by jodeci(m): 11:02am On Apr 02, 2015
desperatem:

Have you gone through a similar experience before? Do you know how it hurts? Apart from the NGN 77,766.00 Do you know how much I spent on installation and the removal of the already installed AC? I would have not mentioned Konga if I didnt have a similar experiece with them which was later rectified under 5 days. Thanks

I have suffered much loss from jumia,my ish with you was mentioning konga and cashn carry.Jumia sells alot of substandard stuff,i hv stopped patronising them.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 02, 2015
Same thing happened to me last year but with another online shop. I am still waiting for them after many months now. May God help us.

https://www.nairaland.com/2229678/apology-poor-network
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 8:19am On Apr 03, 2015
Just got a call from a lady at Jumia. She said she was very sorry. She said they got to see my post on NL and she has since contacted their dispatch rider at Abule Egba. I will keep you all posted as the ish goes. Thanks for your contributions.

Cc. Seun. Lalastica.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by oayombo: 8:30am On Apr 03, 2015
desperatem:
Just got a call from a lady at Jumia. She said she was very sorry. She said they got to see my post on NL and she has since contacted their dispatch rider at Abule Egba. I will keep you all posted as the ish goes. Thanks for your contributions.

Cc. Seun. Lalastica.
I know this will be resolved as quickly as possible cos I've been shopping with Jumia a long time now. And pls do the needful as soon as the issue is resolved. This thread alone is bad for business bro
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by oayombo: 8:32am On Apr 03, 2015
kaorama:
I totally agree with the author of this piece. I have been deceived too by JUMIA. I bought Infinix Zero phone from them last December. My order No is #309539728. I was told the phone was coming with free monthly etisalat 500MB. I'm fact the phone pack was sealed with the free MB tag. But to my surprise, I never got the free MB. when I called them, they asked me to call Etisalat. When I called Etisalat, the said it was only Infinix Zero phones sold by Konga that has the free MB. I calllws back JUMIA, but they would keep asking for this and that info about my phone. Nigerians should be warned about this dubious activities of JUMIA and be guided appropriately.
From the bit i know about all dis free data, you need to subscribe to at least 200MB monthly before your account is credited with the free data. Did Etisalat give you this info?
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:23am On Apr 03, 2015
Jumia delivery man just left my place now. He came to retrieve the item a couple of minutes ago. Hopefully, it wont take forever before a replacement can be made. Will keep you all posted as it all goes. Thanks

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Nobody: 11:12am On Apr 03, 2015
oayombo:
From the bit i know about all dis free data, you need to subscribe to at least 200MB monthly before your account is credited with the free data. Did Etisalat give you this info?

No, they never told me anything like that. All JUMIA kept asking is this and that information about the phone I bought from them.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 1:01pm On Apr 03, 2015
I just got a call from a lady at Jumia. She said a replacement is on the way and it would be delivered to me today.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by needinfo: 2:13pm On Apr 03, 2015
Nigerian business and their incompetence.why is it that it is only when you come online to make complain, that is when business in niegeria will sprong into action.you've been contacting them and yet no response.the minute you came online to lay complain, that is when their dispatch team came to retrieve their faulty electronics.this is too bad for most nigerian business.

What are they interpreting.no complain online, no solution.complain online and have your swift solution.

3 Likes

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by oayombo: 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
Op.. any update?
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:18am On Apr 04, 2015
A replacement was delivered to my place yesterday's afternoon. I wasn't around so i called my next building neighbor to receive it on my behalf. To be honest, I am so impressed with Jumia's quick delivery of the replacement. I would have updated this post since last night but i go stuck in a traffic and i was too tired to come on NL when i got home. I will take photos of the new AC later today. Thanks
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by Symphony007: 9:28am On Apr 04, 2015
Jumia is destroying their buisness with all these stories making the rounds and people are connecting with the stories because it has also happened to them or they know someone it happened to, my sister also bought a blackberry Z10 from Jumia and less than a month, it crashed for no reason and can't be repaired, she called Jumia and they said her warranty period has elapsed...i have a z10 I bought before hers and it is still going strong. shame if them, never done buisness with them and never will...
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 9:59am On Apr 05, 2015
I think buying stuffs from a reputable company like Jumia and co is safer and advisable. The Jumia delevery man who came to retrieve the AC from me told me that Jumia buy in large quantities from manufacturer hence the better chance of getting a replacement if there is any issue with item bought from them. Unlike normal retail shops who buys 2-5 types of a particular model of electronic. If anything goes wrong, you wont have the privilege of choosing the particular model of your choice. You have to choose from other models they have because they dont offer refund like Jumia and co. Jumia has replaced my AC with the exact model i first bought. The AC man is here installing it now. I hope this works fine, though the indoor unit pack has a stamp that says "PASSED". Thank y'all for reading and contributing. One love.
Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by lovemko(m): 1:21pm On Apr 05, 2015
CONGRATS OH... finaly

1 Like

Re: My experience with Jumia #solved. by desperatem(m): 10:10pm On Apr 05, 2015
lovemko:
CONGRATS OH... finaly

Na so o.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Get A Quick Cash Loan Within 24 Hours / POS Transaction Failed And My Account Debited / You Too Can Raise A Capital To Start Your Dream Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.