Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,146 members, 7,780,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:24 AM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (263475 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 4:23pm On Apr 19, 2016
Thanks a ton ladies. Yes my period is heavy which is the reason she is leaning towards BC @ Efe
Kimoni, the doc wanted me to test for Celiac. She said increase in iron dosage is out of it as too much is bad.
Damiso, I gain weight easily hence my careful nature with food. I don't eat meat that much but fish. I do eat fruits and vegetables but stayed away from spinach after reading about thyroid and spinach connection.
I have been using ferrous S but it's like my body is not absorbing iron.
BC is something I just don't want in my body but from her msg yesterday, it's like a done deal when I see her some time soon
I exercise 4 to 5 times a week, carefully watch what I eat etc
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 5:17pm On Apr 19, 2016
Lol, smh @ Kimoni not yet now.

Damiso and EfemenaXY please don't mind Kimoni and her apocalypse vision wink

Kimoni:

[size=4pt]Lol...let me look for trouble small wink
[/size]
Efe, how come the emboldened is the first point you mentioned? Just asking ooo lol
Army, oya bianeba
**open your eyes let me look deeply
**open your palms, I need to observe something very important
Hmnnnnn...babes, what have you been up to recently tongue grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 9:50am On Apr 20, 2016
armyofone:
Thanks a ton ladies. Yes my period is heavy which is the reason she is leaning towards BC @ Efe
Kimoni, the doc wanted me to test for Celiac. She said increase in iron dosage is out of it as too much is bad.
Damiso, I gain weight easily hence my careful nature with food. I don't eat meat that much but fish. I do eat fruits and vegetables but stayed away from spinach after reading about thyroid and spinach connection.
BC is something I just don't want in my body but from her msg yesterday, it's like a done deal when I see her some time soon

Try to eat more Vit C rich fruits they really help in iron absorption. I think the thyroid and spinach is more when eaten raw so maybe try sautéing, steaming them. Or you can have broccoli and the likes. Plantain is also a good source of iron like efe said. See the link below

Don't worry babes you will be fine.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/49/62/0b/49620be6d9d4152de3466a4c10d42ef8.jpg
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mkbeau: 10:01am On Apr 20, 2016
armyofone:
Ladies, was told my iron is low even though i have been on iron suppliment....and the doc is planning to have me go on BC (Mirena or nexplanon)
I'm not really a fan and it's so confusing and draining.
I'm so getting twisted with the side effects I read about (weight gain, mood swing, depression) etc
I eat healthy so not sure what is going on.

EfemenaXY, Chillisauce, Kimoni, damiso, Edwife etc

Hi there, I had the problem of being anaemic, despite taking iron supplements they only worked for a bit, so I had the Mirena coil inserted, it has helped me a lot. It reduces the blood flow of your periods dramatically in fact your energy level will return quickly. If you have any questions concerning the side effects feel free to ask. wink

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 8:05pm On Apr 21, 2016
Thanks girl. Please do you mind sharing the side effects...i know everyone is different but go ahead please.

mkbeau:

Hi there, I had the problem of being anaemic, despite taking iron supplements they only worked for a bit, so I had the Mirena coil inserted, it has helped me a lot. It reduces the blood flow of your periods dramatically in fact your energy level will return quickly. If you have any questions concerning the side effects feel free to ask. wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 8:12pm On Apr 21, 2016
Thank you babes. Sigh...i will add steam spinach and broccoli ti my meals. I'm already a fan of veggies. I will also start using the ferrous S at night instead of mornings.
I'm gonna put on an armour as I meet with her soon grin
The unriped plantain here is arrrrrrggggg but I will still get it.
Efe you know those sweet green unriped plantain we have back home... cheesy

damiso:

Try to eat more Vit C rich fruits they really help in iron absorption. I think the thyroid and spinach is more when eaten raw so maybe try sautéing, steaming them. Or you can have broccoli and the likes. Plantain is also a good source of iron like efe said. See the link below

Don't worry babes you will be fine.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/49/62/0b/49620be6d9d4152de3466a4c10d42ef8.jpg

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by rebella(f): 10:14pm On Apr 21, 2016
@ armyofone, BC's aren't that bad. I use Microgynon and it works well with my system. The trick is finding what works for you.

As for side effects, mood swings, swollen boobs happened when I first started and it stopped after a few weeks. Most people complain about the weight gain, but I was very lucky, I didn't add at all, I even lost a bit without trying at all.

Just make sure you don't have fibroids, cos they grow with the pill.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 22, 2016
ggutrsZZ

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 2:01pm On Apr 22, 2016
armyofone:
Thank you babes. Sigh...i will add steam spinach and broccoli ti my meals. I'm already a fan of veggies. I will also start using the ferrous S at night instead of mornings.
I'm gonna put on an armour as I meet with her soon grin
The unriped plantain here is arrrrrrggggg but I will still get it.
Efe you know those sweet green unriped plantain we have back home... cheesy

You will be fine dear grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by mkbeau: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2016
[quote author=armyofone post=44919554]Thanks girl. Please do you mind sharing the side effects...i know everyone is different but go ahead please.

Here it goes...tenderness of the mammary gland (trying to be discreet her...lol!) it comes and goes, decreased libido, slight mood swings-dont worry you will know when this happens, increased discharges and sometimes period pains.

Mirena was the best option for me, I had previously used the metal coil which made my time of the month a lot heavier than I had anticipated and was constantly on iron tablets which never ever brought my iron levels up to scratch. Furthermore suffering from anaemia had affected my hair and nails it became fragile and thin and my hands were always white in appearance. It wasnt nice being tired all the time so I had to take a radical step.

wink
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:48am On Apr 23, 2016
Rebekkah:
meatpies, sausages, hotdogs (isarolls), fruity cakes, doughnuts...

Chicken potpies, Scotch eggs...
These and more....
Call 014531541 or 07034243215 to order.

Did you read the title of this thread before pasting your whatsit pictures on here??

4 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
ppouhrs

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 3:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
armyofone:

Sorry to hear about that,the ladies have given you a lot of information already.
I don't do implants,i am more of a pill person,it works for my body.

read this
'm currently taking 210mg ferrous fumarate 3 times a day. My level was 5 when I was first diagnosed. Since the transfusion and iron tablets my levels have been fine. But the doctor says she wants to keep me on the iron for a while yet, just to be sure all is well because it was so low.
She suggested mirena coil to me, but I know too many people with problems, also my anxiety makes anything (examinations) like that really difficult. Hearing that you still have lots of days bleeding, as I have with the pill, makes me more certain I don't want the coil! I'm seeing her again on Monday. She really listens and has been great.
I haven't noticed a problem with hair growth. I sometimes think my hair falls out a lot, but it has always been thick and sometimes does seem that way. It's very short too. But hormones can affect hair growth, like when you're pregnant.
I am taking a Well Woman multivitamin supplement, with evening primrose and starflower. I've always found that one good.
I wonder about my calcium levels though, especially with menopause. I try to avoid have too much calcium because it affects iron absorption. I only drink about one cup of decaf a day now, and drink more fruit juice with meals for the vitamin c which aids absorption

Try and read this blog too,a lot of women are sharing their experiences and you might just find something similar to yours.
http://forums.netdoctor.co.uk/discussion/59745/implanon-side-effects
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:18pm On May 08, 2016
This thread Don die.

Oya let me rewaken it.

Bole and fish.
D line style

4 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 11:23am On May 09, 2016
Chillisauce:
This thread Don die.

Oya let me rewaken it.

Bole and fish.
D line style

Chilli that looks yum..is that the PH style boli and fish everyone is always talking about?

Summer don reach here cheesy How far with the summer body?

I don taya to dey snap my food jare I go don chop am finish sef before I remember cheesy still in the healthy eating spirit and exercising spirit though. I don turn 'fitness' role model for my church.If only they knew me that me sef na learner cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 8:54pm On May 09, 2016
damiso:

Chilli that looks yum..is that the PH style boli and fish everyone is always talking about?

Summer don reach here cheesy How far with the summer body?

I don taya to dey snap my food jare I go don chop am finish sef before I remember cheesy still in the healthy eating spirit and exercising spirit though. I don turn 'fitness' role model for my church.If only they knew me that me sef na learner cheesy

That phc style. .did you see the fish head. The eye is the best grin..no matter where it hides.. I must find it.

As per summer...nothing changed. Just trying to eat right though I still hide and munch my Agege chocolate bread. Pls snap the food to encourage some of us
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Twinkie8: 8:52am On May 10, 2016
Definitely help you drop calories. recipes on wives connection blog.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 9:52am On May 10, 2016
Chillisauce:

That phc style. .did you see the fish head. The eye is the best grin..no matter where it hides.. I must find it.

As per summer...nothing changed. Just trying to eat right though I still hide and munch my Agege chocolate bread. Pls snap the food to encourage some of us

I have heard so much about it, will definitely be going to PH when next I got to naija so will try it.

I go try cheesy oya see my snacks on my desk to stop me from going to the vending machine grin and fighting all the distractions in this place.

My colleagues call me rabbit dami. :DBut if one is not careful this my office can make you put one weight. If its not krispy crème,its pizza,if its not pizza its cake always food everywhere embarassed Most external meeting na excuse for lunch.( even have one tomorrow sef ).

And most of them are as skinny as anything. cheesy Most of my colleagues exercise though. My manager ran London Marathon and is running the Edinburgh Half Marathon in June but chai their eating habits I cant afford to emulate.

So let me munch away on cucumber and apple. had a beetroot smoothie for brekkie.

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 10:43am On May 10, 2016
Damiso, are you planing to overtake Efe in cucumber eating angry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 1:07pm On May 10, 2016
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin I don't think anyone can overtake efe in cucumber eating.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:51pm On May 10, 2016
Kimoni:

damiso:

grin grin grin grin grin I don't think anyone can overtake efe in cucumber eating.

Oh, wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

That cucumber sure is tempting. Mine ran out this morning. I eat almost a whole one a day.

I need to restock up on my fruit and vegs.

Kimoni, how's work? Settled in now?

Damiso well done.

Chilisauce, I dey watch you in 3D oh!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 8:25pm On May 10, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh, wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

That cucumber sure is tempting. Mine ran out this morning. I eat almost a whole one a day.

Damiso well done.

Yes Efe. Feels like home already grin cheesy

Thanks for asking. How's our princess?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 10:13am On May 12, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Oh, wow! Wow!! Wow!!!

Damiso well done.

Thank you Efe kiss

We can only try,i feel better for it though.

Hope hayfever is not dealing with you as it was with me on Monday. Thank God for the rain on Tuesday and Wednesday
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 5:18am On May 14, 2016
Dami, you tried with the packaging. I just wash my cucumber, wrap it with paper towel and off I go chewing it in the car. By the time I'm done flying the freeway, one cucumber gone and I'm in the parking lots.
The only funny thing is when there is traffic and a strong hefty cucumber is taking a stand in my mouth...
No be green prick, it's cucumber.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by armyofone(m): 5:25am On May 14, 2016
@ Edwife, thanks a ton. Update coming soon after my follow up.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 6:38pm On May 14, 2016
damiso:

I have heard so much about it, will definitely be going to PH when next I got to naija so will try it.

I go try cheesy oya see my snacks on my desk to stop me from going to the vending machine grin and fighting all the distractions in this place.

My colleagues call me rabbit dami. :DBut if one is not careful this my office can make you put one weight. If its not krispy crème,its pizza,if its not pizza its cake always food everywhere embarassed Most external meeting na excuse for lunch.( even have one tomorrow sef ).

And most of them are as skinny as anything. cheesy Most of my colleagues exercise though. My manager ran London Marathon and is running the Edinburgh Half Marathon in June but chai their eating habits I cant afford to emulate.

So let me munch away on cucumber and apple. had a beetroot smoothie for brekkie.

God. I remember then I always see cucumber on EfemenaXY plates. I went to charter 3 of it. Ate one for 1 week. Forgot about the other two. Cleaning up the fridge and saw the things there. I trashed the gaddam thing.
The funny thing is you can't even add pepper sauce to it. And I alwasy forget to put in my salads.

I will keep trying .
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:20am On May 15, 2016
damiso:

Thank you Efe kiss
We can only try,i feel better for it though.
Hope hayfever is not dealing with you as it was with me on Monday. Thank God for the rain on Tuesday and Wednesday

That is eh, the one that dealt with me last night plus this one again today nor get part two. cry cry cry

I don't really do flowers but spent a mini fortune doing up my back and front gardens. Apart from my single rose bush which hasn't flowered yet, it's all turf. Spent nearly two hours last night watering my lawns and now I'm paying for it - sneezing, itchy watery eyes, sniffles...arrrghhh!!

armyofone:
Dami, you tried with the packaging. I just wash my cucumber, wrap it with paper towel and off I go chewing it in the car. By the time I'm done flying the freeway, one cucumber gone and I'm in the parking lots.
The only funny thing is when there is traffic and a strong hefty cucumber is taking a stand in my mouth...
No be green prick, it's cucumber.

shocked shocked

You very, very, "bad" girl. cheesy cheesy

Chillisauce:

God. I remember then I always see cucumber on EfemenaXY plates. I went to charter 3 of it. Ate one for 1 week. Forgot about the other two. Cleaning up the fridge and saw the things there. I trashed the gaddam thing. The funny thing is you can't even add pepper sauce to it. And I alwasy forget to put in my salads.

I will keep trying .

Abeg make una free me jor! grin grin grin

My packed lunch for the next two weeks: beans porridge cooked with Irish potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, onions, crayfish (and definitely NO palm oil); green veg, sweet corn, and carrots. smiley

Happy Sunday ladies! kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 9:53am On May 15, 2016
EfemenaXY:

That is eh, the one that dealt with me last night plus this one again today nor get part two. cry cry cry

I don't really do flowers but spent a mini fortune doing up my back and front gardens. Apart from my single rose bush which hasn't flowered yet, it's all turf. Spent nearly two hours last night watering my lawns and now I'm paying for it - sneezing, itchy watery eyes, sniffles...arrrghhh!!

shocked shocked

You very, very, "bad" girl. cheesy cheesy

Abeg make una free me jor! grin grin grin

My packed lunch for the next two weeks: beans porridge cooked with Irish potatoes, tomatoes, pepper, onions, crayfish (and definitely NO palm oil); green veg, sweet corn, and carrots. smiley

Happy Sunday ladies! kiss kiss kiss

Wow. You are so organised . See lunch packaging. While me I don't even know what to eat this afternoon grin

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:47am On May 15, 2016
Chillisauce:

Wow. You are so organised . See lunch packaging. While me I don't even know what to eat this afternoon grin

Lol! Thanks Chilli.

At least you're thinking of lunch - just about to have my breakfast after 30 mins lower abdominal workout + a 15 min run.

Cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices tongue tongue and my lime & lemon concoction (urrgghh...)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 8:12pm On May 15, 2016
armyofone:
@ Edwife, thanks a ton. Update coming soon after my follow up.

Cool
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 8:15pm On May 15, 2016
Happy Sunday ladies, summer bodies loading.... Concoctions,cucumber grin grin the struggle is real.

Meanwhile,we went sea food hunting...the crab still very much alive in my tummy.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:27pm On May 15, 2016
edwife:
Happy Sunday ladies, summer bodies loading.... Concoctions,cucumber grin grin the struggle is real.

Hehe! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do, my sister. cheesy wink

Meanwhile,we went sea food hunting...the crab still very much alive in my tummy.

You this French lady.

Don't tell me you ate that crab ALIVE??!! shocked shocked

But Eddy, what's that long brown thing beside the crab in the first pic?

And the brown liquid in the second pic?

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.