Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,522 members, 7,801,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (265118 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 10:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
More.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 10:31pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce, this should give you a better idea.

1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
You ladies are killing me! Seriously.

But Osisi is killing me the most!! grin grin grin

Okay, this is what I had for dinner. A bit late in the day, but at least I didn't succumb to the temptation of eating spaghetti Bolognese & minced beef with the rest of the family.

Moi-moi cooked without a single drop of oil (just beans, onions, pepper, and tatasche), pineapple chunks, and Brussel Sprouts. At least there isn't any carb just protein and vitamins. Need my proteins for muscle growth...

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 10:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:
You ladies are killing me! Seriously.

But Osisi is killing me the most!! grin grin grin

Okay, this is what I had for dinner. A bit late in the day, but at least I didn't succumb to the temptation of eating spaghetti Bolognese & minced beef with the rest of the family.

Moi-moi cooked without a single drop of oil (just beans, onions, pepper, and tatasche), pineapple chunks, and Brussel Sprouts. At least there isn't any carb just protein and vitamins. Need my proteins for muscle growth...

I wish I had the luxury of making different meals different days like you people.

I eat one set of meals for a whole week; then another set for the next week and so on. I have to do that to prevent myself from backsliding. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Chillisauce:

I put the unripe plantain with some quantity of water just little above it, added my onion, tomate puree, pepper, salt, cube etc. bring to boil.

when it softens, I added my salmon, vegetables and prawn .
stir.

The salmon have enough oil in it so no need adding any extra.

Ah!

Thanks for the tips Chilli. I think I'll try making that tomorrow. I haven't got Salmon here right now, but I've got Red Brine (I think that's what it's called), but another good alternative as it's also an oily fish. smiley
Chillisauce:

Nice one.
All the foods. I can't find myself to eat asparagus. How do you enjoy that stick looking legume grin

Me neither. sad

Chillisauce:

Don't mind her. Told her not to bring in candy bar here.
Meanwhile efe, just like kimoni mentioned, if we come your house Na to starve o. Our own healthy eating never reach.
Hopefully this thread will help people like us that are still coming up.
Edwife I see you. Those plantain eh.
Cococandy, herzumpther, kimoni don't worry. Small small we will be like Efe. Edwife. Moca and babe3. These are the guru on healthy eating.
Babyosisi still dey carry last. cheesy

embarassed embarassed embarassed

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
babyosisi:

You people are now plucking plants from the wild and cooking
Hiya
O

Someone will soon post hibiscus leaves mixed with elephant grass and call it food grin

grin grin grin

Most times it's better if they aren't even cooked sef. Just a little bit of steaming to soften them should do, so all that nutritional goodness isn't lost. smiley smiley tongue

babyosisi:
How do you people eat raw tomatoes
The thing no dey gree me

It's absolutely delicious o!

Just pop one into your mouth and slowly gnash your teeth over it as you feel the juices slowly envelop your mouth. Ahhhh..... tongue tongue tongue grin grin

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
BABE3:

I wish I had the luxury of making different meals different days like you people.

I eat one set of meals for a whole week; then another set for the next week and so on. I have to do that to prevent myself from backsliding. cheesy

Sounds like a plan, but won't / don't you get bored mid-way through? Say after 4 days? That aside, your food pics are inspirational. I like them all...apart from the first and last ones smiley

I need to ask you this though...don't you get hunger pangs in the late evenings? How d'you manage them if you do get them? I remember you said you don't like nuts?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 11:13pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wow. Sounds nice.
Can I use another kind of fish?
Herzumpther:
Lol.

Recipe for fish balls.

Ingredients.

Mackerel fish (Titus fish)
Seasoning (Maggi and salt)
Vegetable oil
Spring onions
Onion bulb
Habenero pepper (fresh pepper)
Egg

Procedure.

Cut and wash your mackerel fish (Titus fish), add a pinch of salt, diced onion and water. Cook till tender. allow to cool off then debone. After deboning you mash the fish with your bare hands. Wash and slice your spring onion and add to the mash fish. In another bowl, crack your egg, do not beat. With a spoon or spatular, extract yolk (the yolk is not needed) then add the egg white into the mased fish. Dice your habenero pepper ( fresh pepper) and add the mixture . put pan on fire, add vegetable oil, heat to medium temperature then mould fish mixture in balls and fry for a minute, turn over and fry till its light brown. Serve with tea or coffee. Its best taken as breakfast and its really delicious. smiley

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Sounds like a plan, but won't / don't you get bored mid-way through? Say after 4 days? That aside, your food pics are inspirational. I like them all...apart from the first and last ones smiley

I need to ask you this though...don't you get hunger pangs in the late evenings? How d'you manage them if you do get them? I remember you said you don't like nuts?

I used to get bored but not anymore. The weeks seem to go by faster now. cheesy

About hunger pangs...I found a way to control them.

I eat my dinner at about 7pm. I start getting hungry at 9/9:30pm. Then I go do an intense workout. By the time I get back from the gym, I'm so drained and hungry that my body doesn't care if I'm eating junk or healthy food; my body just wants food at that point. So I eat a bunch of bananas and pineapple; before I know it, I'm full again and ready for bed.

I go to the gym Monday through Friday though. On Saturdays and Sundays, I fight through the cravings.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
BABE3:

I used to get bored but not anymore. The weeks seem to go by faster now. cheesy

About hunger pangs...I found a way to control them.

I eat my dinner at about 7pm. I start getting hungry at 9/9:30pm. Then I go do an intense workout. By the time I get back from the gym, I'm so drained and hungry that my body doesn't care if I'm eating junk or healthy food; my body just wants food at that point. So I eat a bunch of bananas and pineapple; before I know it, I'm full again and ready for bed.

I go to the gym Monday through Friday though. On Saturdays and Sundays, I fight through the cravings.

Ah! Workout eh?

I've been thinking along those lines of late but not going to the gym though. Purchasing an indoor exercise bike. Maybe...
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Ah! Workout eh?

I've been thinking along those lines of late but not going to the gym though. Purchasing an indoor exercise bike. Maybe...

You don't even need to spend all that money.

There are effective full body workouts you can do without a machine or equipments. Workouts under 20 minutes but super effective. I can help if you need help.

I only go to the gym coz I like the environment; everyone is focused; it's infectious.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
BABE3:

You don't even need to spend all that money.

There are effective full body workouts you can do without a machine or equipments. Workouts under 20 minutes but super effective. I can help if you need help.

I only go to the gym coz I like the environment; everyone is focused; it's infectious.

As long as you don't mention Jillian Michaels' six week workout thingy...I tried copying the beginner representative and gave up after 5 minutes. It's crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8Zdj0OPMI
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

As long as you don't mention Jillian Michaels' six week workout thingy...I tried copying the beginner representative and gave up after 5 minutes. It's crazy.

Julian Michael? That woman fit kill man pikin. Her beginner version is super advanced to me.

No, it's nothing crazy.

An example of what I do. A 15 minutes light workout.

2 Mins - Jump rope (you don't need a rope, just jump on the spot)

1 Mins - rest, don't sit down, walk around

2 mins - Jump squat ( squat, jump, squat, jump etc)

1 Mins - rest, drink water, walk around

2 mins - burpees

1 mins - rest

2 mins - jump squat

1 mins - rest

2 mins - burpees (no rest after)

1 mins - jump rope

Short and sweet!!

4 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
^^ Okayyyyyy.....sounds good. Will give it a try. Ta smiley

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:38am On Apr 03, 2015
Healthy food grin

1 Share

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Empiree: 2:47am On Apr 03, 2015
edwife:
Here i am grin healthy is my first name.

Lets go there...chillisauce kiss kiss

Roasted Tilapia with green pepper and mushrooms.The plantain was fried but with little virgin oil...
You dey make me swallow my saliva seeing your weldone meal

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 6:07am On Apr 03, 2015
babyosisi:
Healthy food grin

#megafacepalm

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Akposy(m): 7:13am On Apr 03, 2015
Na wa ooooooo. Should i call this suffering or enjoyment...... I cannot do without my banga soup, egusi soup and ogbolo soup

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by zemaye: 7:22am On Apr 03, 2015
Empiree:
You dey make me swallow my saliva seeing your weldone meal
Oga Empire bawoni even you dey feel the heat here!!!!

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:35am On Apr 03, 2015
See food everywhere shocked

My own na to comment o.
No cooking,no experimentation grin tongue

Men don't know how too cook healthy food at all.
Why is it so?
Fry fry everywhere,meat everywhere.
Left to hubby,he will never eat fish not to talk of buying and cooking tongue

As per babyosisi,we should forget about her.
No remedy at all cheesy
She is gone for life cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:44am On Apr 03, 2015
Kimoni:

Thanks Chilli, I am encouraged. At least I still dey try pass babyosisi grin grin

We shall get there
U will.
I hardly drink all these soft drinks.
Do smoothie instead.
Not a bread fan.
Can't remember when last I fried in my house.

If u can get utazi(depends on where u live),it's very very good for the body.
Mops sugar from the body carelessly.
Also if u are a fan of bitter leave,wash and chew raw or if u can,drink the water.
Natural body cleanser and tonic.

it's a steady progress.

How is baby?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:
Chillisauce, this should give you a better idea.

Hmmmm. I will give it a try. I was like that with broccoli. If someone ever told me I will be a broccoli muncher. I will never believe.
Let's see how it goes.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2015
Akposy:
Na wa ooooooo. Should i call this suffering or enjoyment...... I cannot do without my banga soup, egusi soup and ogbolo soup
There won't be enjoyment if you don't go thru suffering. cheesy
You appreciate things when you have tasted the worst side of it.

As per these foods. We don't want to wait until we are 55yrs and our doctor will tell us not to eat so many kinds of foods because of one disease or another.

So we start now to avoid these sicknesses and also make this healthy meals part of us. Have you heard of the phrase practise makes perfect. We keep practising our taste buds until it adjusts.

Change is here. Grab it fast.

Look at efemenaxy and babe3 are almost at the phase of enjoyment. I'm sure if you give them banga now they won't enjoy it as they used to. Because their priorities have changed.

just like exercising, you have to keep practising until you start enjoying it.

Good for your overall health.
Now Akposy. Start eating healthy tongue

6 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 9:49am On Apr 03, 2015
Jillian Micheal is a crazy woman cheesy
Abeg,i will pass.
I once downloaded insanity workout plan.
How can one do those things? sad shocked
I jump and pass too cheesy

Efe,go for elliptical.
U will love it.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 9:56am On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Hopefully this thread will help people like us that are still coming up.
Edwife I see you. Those plantain eh.

Lol,i see you too wink.I had to have those ripped plantain,i can't do without them.

Not all oils are bad,you need to know which one has powerful health benefits.
I always use little oil when cooking,among the healthy ones are coconut oil,butter,olive oil and bacon oil....

The fats in healthy oil can also boost metabolism slightly.Many people make that mistake of not using oil in their foods,thinking it is healthy

"When you're cooking to lower cholesterol, you might think that fat is a four-letter word. But nutrition experts say that ridding your cooking of all fats and oils may actually work against efforts to lower your blood cholesterol levels. When it comes to fat, what counts are both quality and quantity."

I am all about healthy food but also very careful about what my body needs in order to work actively.

and lest i forgot,guys smoothies are good but "Smoothies let you consume a lot more fruit than you usually would during a sitting, which means that even if you’re not adding sweeteners like honey or agave, you’ll still be getting a good deal of sugar. A store-bought fruit smoothie can pack 58 grams of sugar in a single 16-oz bottle. (By comparison, 12 ounces of cola has about 40 grams of sugar.)"

So easy on that grin wink

@Empiree and zemaye thanks guys... smiley

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 10:53am On Apr 03, 2015
@ edwife, you can't compare the servings of sugar in fruits to the servings in coca-cola. Coco cola is nothing but refined sugar. Bad, bad and bad. It's sugar in it's worst form.

In fruits, however, the sugar is getting balanced out by fiber, protein sometimes, vitamins, potassium, etc.

Fruits are very essential. They are a good source of simple carbs. It's a balanced food, unlike coco-cola and fruit juice. Healthy sugar can't be compared to refined sugar.

And, butter is the worst form of fat there is. It's contains mostly trans-fat and saturated fat, the worst kind of fats. It's always good to find foods that has mono-unsaturated or poly-unsaturated fat. Foods like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil etc. Basically, plant based oil.

You get enough cholesterol and bad fats from animal meat already, there's no need adding extra to your meals.

You wonder why vegetarians live a long and healthy life? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 03, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Seriously I just watched the beginning of the video. She mentioned 6packs but i don't see any six packs on her. My stomach is almost same as hers tongue no wayo here.

How can I get the packs ? You know like the one of footballers. Do you do anything special for the packs to come out.
Edwife. . Babe3. Anyone ?

Let me see if I will see videos on that. Hubby insisted on weight lift and push up. But my hands will be too muscular after that
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 10:56am On Apr 03, 2015
moca:

U will.
I hardly drink all these soft drinks.
Do smoothie instead.
Not a bread fan.
Can't remember when last I fried in my house.

If u can get utazi(depends on where u live),it's very very good for the body.
Mops sugar from the body carelessly.
Also if u are a fan of bitter leave,wash and chew raw or if u can,drink the water.
Natural body cleanser and tonic.

it's a steady progress.

How is baby?

Hehehehehe bitter leaf water No way! Funny enough I used to make it for my dad back in the days cuz he was diabetic but I can not drink it myself. No way! I make bitter leaf with egusi though, that one sef don do.

I will try making smoothie a lot now, never been a fan of fruits before now. I think I take these things for granted cuz I don't have weight issues. I lose and gain body fat at will but I don born again now sha.

Yeah, I can get utazi here. I'll go for it.

Thanks so much Moca kissI'll get there someday.

Baby is fine, giving me sleepless night as expected. Wheew
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:
@ edwife, you can't compare the servings of sugar in fruits to the servings in coca-cola. Coco cola is nothing but refined sugar. Bad, bad and bad. It's sugar in it's worst form.

In fruits, however, the sugar is getting balanced out by fiber, protein sometimes, vitamins, potassium, etc.

Fruits Are very essential. It's a balanced food, unlike coco-cola and fruit juice.

And, butter is the worst form of fat there is. It's contains mostly trans-fat and saturated fat, the worst kind of fats. It's always good to find foods that has mono-unsaturated or poly-unsaturated fat. Foods like avocado, extra virgin olive oil, sunflower oil etc. Basically, plant based oil.

You get enough cholesterol and bad fats from animal meat already, there's no need adding extra to your meals.

Not all vegetarians. Those ones that don't eat even fish. Those very, strict ones. Once they fall ill, they normally find from their blood samples some essential requirement not enough in the blood.

I prefer the mild vegetarians. But I love meat sha
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:05am On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Not all vegetarians. Those ones that don't eat even fish. Those very, strict ones. I nice they fall ill, they normally find from their blood samples some essential requirement not enough in the blood.

I prefer the mild vegetarians. But I love meat sha

They're probably not getting enough servings of nutrients. Everything form of nutrients you need from animals can be found in plants. It's been proven over and over again.
I know body builders that are strict vegetarians; no meats and fish and they're able to grow a good amount of muscle and stay healthy.

In fact, the healthiest people I know are vegetarians.

Can't be a vegetarian though; too much. grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 11:15am On Apr 03, 2015
BABE3:

Fruits are very essential. They are a good source of simple carbs. It's a balanced food, unlike coco-cola and fruit juice. Healthy sugar can't be compared to refined sugar.

I did not compare it with coca-cola sweetie,i said it is better to balance it.
It’s the same reason some studies have warned against fruit juice, which can pack as much sugar as soda and is linked to higher blood pressure and obesity. Juice strips out the fruit’s naturally occurring fiber, which greatly speeds up absorption of sugar.

"Calories from fruit can add up quickly, so it’s good to add protein and veggies,” says Laura Jeffers, a registered dietitian at Cleveland Clinic. She recommends picking fruit with a low glycemic index, like apples and pears. A good ratio to follow is 70% veggie and 30% fruit, Jeffers says."

Balance dear,it's all about balance!

The fat found in butter, margarine, soft spreads, and vegetable oils is considered either good (unsaturated) or bad (saturated and trans fat).So essentially when shopping for butter look for unsaturated one,every good chef on TV always use butter for their meals,always!

The best way for me to have my fruits intake is by taking them as a whole.A banana and an orange or pears with cherries etc.....

2 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by BABE3: 11:18am On Apr 03, 2015
Chillisauce:

Seriously I just watched the beginning of the video. She mentioned 6packs but i don't see any six packs on her. My stomach is almost same as hers tongue no wayo here.

How can I get the packs ? You know like the one of footballers. Do you do anything special for the packs to come out.
Edwife. . Babe3. Anyone ?

Let me see if I will see videos on that. Hubby insisted on weight lift and push up. But my hands will be too muscular after that

Here's the trick about abs.

You build your abs in the kitchen. It's that simple.

Everyone has abs. You abs have always been there. They're just covered by layers of fats. For the abs to show, you have to burn the fat covering them. That's why you see some people do 1000 crunches and sit-ups and still no abs to show for it. Crunches and sit-ups only strengthen the ab muscles; they don't burn the fat layer off to reveal your beautiful abs.

So,
1) you need to eat healthy to stop adding more layers of fats on the abs. Eat the right amount of carbs.

2) you need cardio exercises. Cardio burns of fats in all areas, most especially the tummy. Cardio burns more fat than weight lifting.

Cardio like the one I wrote for efe are more effective that long boring hours on treadmills.

- sprinting (wonder why all those sprinters have crazy abs)
- jump squats
- burpees
- mountain climbers.
- fast squats with weight are all good forms of cardio.

P.S; I write from personal experience. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.