Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,470 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:04 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (263487 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 6:37pm On May 24, 2015
Last pic for now,until then

White beans with rice(Cameroon way)my grandma gonna be proud kiss follow with fruits salad (kiwi,blackberry cherries and mandarin)

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 6:40pm On May 24, 2015
Chillisauce:

Wetin you dey hide thé ingrédient for? Abi na cocaïne you dey put there ? I heard it aids in weight loss tongue

grin grin tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 6:53pm On May 24, 2015
ameenahz:
Hello ladies. I have been an observer for a while and I must say, you are trying.
I need help and I am sure someone here can help me out.
I am in my late twenties. I have always been big but it has gotten worse ever since I had my baby. At some point, I was serious with exercising and I actually lost 9kg in 2 months. Somehow I lost all will power and let myself go again and it is even worse now (Moving dangerously close to 100kg). I truly need help.
My questions:
1. What is the 50-30-20 rule about?
2. Most of the veggies I see here are not available in Nigeria. Can anyone suggest good alternatives?
3. How do I get over food addiction?
4. I need simple but effective exercises for beginners. Any suggestions? NB: Chest always gets in the way.
5. I use Canola oil for cooking. But a friend recently told me that even palm oil is healthier. She said even the soya oil we buy is unhealthy too. Is that true? I cannot afford Olive oil or coconut oil.
Thank you all in advance.

You've got quite a lot of good advice from the ladies on here. The only thing I'll add to this is that you should always keep at the back of your mind that you're embarking on a lifestyle journey. There are no quick fixes and as such, you must always try to remain:

~ positive
~ patient
~ persevere
~ purposeful. I.e, always remember your goals and what you're striving for.

Use these four points to keep you motivated and good luck smiley

Moca: Oya come and help a sister out here. You know quite a lot if healthy green vegs that she can get locally...

edwife:

White beans with rice(Cameroon way)my grandma gonna be proud kiss follow with fruits salad (kiwi,blackberry cherries and mandarin)

Lovely.

Why last, Eds?

Anyway, I too will be going underground very soon. Increase in workload.

We've done a good job here. Others can continue the good fight. Well done chilli for creating this thread. kiss kiss
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ameenahz(f): 6:54pm On May 24, 2015
Thanks everyone. I will try and make changes this time.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by edwife(f): 6:59pm On May 24, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Lovely.

Why last, Eds?

Anyway, I too will be going underground very soon. Increase in workload.

We've done a good job here. Others can continue the good fight. Well done chilli for creating this thread. kiss kiss

Thanks.

Many things to do dear and personal too.My mentions kept me coming back but for the next few weeks i am gonna be extremely rare up until my BDAY. tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:56pm On May 24, 2015
Chillisauce:

Talking about heat in Naija . thosé days I carry my umbrella and sun shades. I enter market sef with it . See everybody complaining grin. I no dey answer them oh. "See her... rain no dey fall you carry this umbrella dey disturb person".
Yimu. Dem want make the sun roast me ke. Lai lai.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:58pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
angry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed kiss tongue

Wot happun??
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 7:59pm On May 24, 2015
babyosisi:
Pictures Biko

Seconded

Efe! Efe!! Efe!!! Efe!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 10:10pm On May 24, 2015
cococandy:
Went through Everett border.
(Vancouver city)

This is my first time in Canada though. I think I like it.

Oh nice. Its beautiful but expensive. Enjoy your trip.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 10:22pm On May 24, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

I still prefer just plain 'ol drinking water by far, hence my lime (and soon-to-be lemon) mixtures will be restricted to once a day. In the mornings, only. smiley

Looks good. Me likely!

Abeg tell me more about that green veg in your plate. You said it's called Collard Green? Never heard of it. It looks like Ugwu (pumpkin leaves) to me. How d'you prepare it ladygogo?

Thanks Efe.

Its my first time making it too. I heard its a good source of vitamin k, a, high in folate and fibre.

Yeah it does. I chopped and steamed in boiled water for like 2 mins and tossed in grapeseed oil.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 24, 2015
edwife:

Is your grandma from Cameroon? I like the food though.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 24, 2015
Kimoni:

Wot happun??
Nothing! I am just playing with you.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 11:14pm On May 24, 2015
ladygogo:

Oh nice. Its beautiful but expensive. Enjoy your trip.
Thanks dear

I don't think it is expensive o.
Coming from over-priced Seattle, here's a relief.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:21pm On May 24, 2015
Kimoni:

Seconded

Efe! Efe!! Efe!!! Efe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already did that once. Now it's your turn. cool

ladygogo:

Thanks Efe.
Its my first time making it too. I heard its a good source of vitamin k, a, high in folate and fibre.
Yeah it does. I chopped and steamed in boiled water for like 2 mins and tossed in grapeseed oil.

Thanks, ladygogo.

It looks very green. I like it.

Chillisauce:

Talking about heat in Naija . thosé days I carry my umbrella and sun shades. I enter market sef with it . See everybody complaining grin. I no dey answer them oh. "See her... rain no dey fall you carry this umbrella dey disturb person".
Yimu. Dem want make the sun roast me ke. Lai lai.

Na black rubber umbrella you carry enter market? Or white one made of cloth? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:42pm On May 24, 2015
Chillisauce:

Yummy. Beans and potato

Thanks Chilli.

D'you know I made the sweet potato porridge with shrimps, ugwu, et al? And then committed some cardinal cooking sins?

I covered the pot completely without allowing the hot air escape after cooking (sin no. 1). Then to make matters worse, I forgot to store away in the fridge once it had cooled down, but instead left it out for a couple of hours at room temperature. (sin no. 2)

When I did remember, the mixture was practically fermenting before my very eyes. All those king sized prawns. My ugwu. My carrots. My expensive sweet potatoes. embarassed

All going to waste. I didn't want to throw it out even though I knew I should. Instead o helped myself to some more of it. I was fine that evening, but the next day...

See purging. My bum was on fire. Couldn't even sit still during the meetings at work. Na that day I know say Jesus loves me. I was this close to exploding in my seat. embarassed so many visits to the loo. The journey home was no joke either. Remain small...

Anyway, it all cleared off after one day. No one told me before I flushed the entire contents of my pot of porridge down the toilet. Mtcheew. So much wastage...

I haven't cooked it since then...

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 11:46pm On May 24, 2015
queen47:

Yea. I know the last bit is usually difficult to loose.

Talking about time, this week was just something else for me. I managed to workout only 3times through out the week, no time at all.

Meanwhile, here's me trying to do the 50-30-20 thing. Lol....

I've never really liked veggies, never ate them while growing up. I only started eating salads as an adult. Tried brussel sprouts one time but i just couldnt get it past my throat. I struggle with broccoli as well.

Nice one Queen. Small baby steps smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 11:59pm On May 24, 2015
all4naija:
Nothing! I am just playing with you.

**sighs**

I am safe for now cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 12:03am On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I already did that once. Now it's your turn

angry angry sad sad sad

Challenge not accepted
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:09am On May 25, 2015
Kimoni:

angry angry sad sad sad

Challenge not accepted

grin grin grin

Why na? cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 12:16am On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

grin grin grin

Why na? cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Efe, didn't you see how Bukatyne's pic had become bullet point on her thread?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 12:24am On May 25, 2015
Kimoni:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Efe, didn't you see how Bukatyne's pic had become bullet point on her thread?? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

No, I never saw it but I'm not surprised. It's the norm. Post anything personal and risk getting mudslinged for doing so.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 12:30am On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

No, I never saw it but I'm not surprised. It's the norm. Post anything personal and risk getting mudslinged for doing so.

Shame
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ladygogo: 1:43am On May 25, 2015
cococandy:

Thanks dear

I don't think it is expensive o.
Coming from over-priced Seattle, here's a relief.

Oh yeah it is. Real estate is very pricey there and sometimes this year it was the second most expensive city in the world.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 5:12am On May 25, 2015
ladygogo:

Oh yeah it is. Real estate is very pricey there and sometimes this year it was the second most expensive city in the world.
Really?

Even Seattle graced the list last month.
Among top ten over priced cities of the world.

Somebody needs to do something about this. angry

Real estate, child care, healthcare.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cmayodeji: 10:13am On May 25, 2015
Are you overweight and thinking what will I do?

Are you considering T5 Fat burners and asking whether it will work?

T5 Fat burner is a supplement that is ideal for anyone above 18 years except pregnant and lactating women and those with ulcers, allergies, high-blood pressure, spasm and other serious health issues. People in such conditions are already on a lot of medications.

T5 Fat burner is a 100% natural and safe slimming pill. Most Importantly, It works.

Thousands of people all over Nigeria have used T5 Fat Burner Slimming Pill and testifies to losing weight fast with it.

You can testify too.

Do you have belly fat – T5 Fat Burner will blast it for you.

Do you want to lose weight – T5 Fat Burner will burn it for you.

Order T5 Fat Burner now![url]t5fatburners.com.ng[/url]

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by kelechiMarie(f): 1:29pm On May 25, 2015
#following i really need to learn healthy eating. I've been snacking on picnic biscuit,gala,peanuts,candy and teem ever since i got back from school. Chai i must eat healthy o and i suck at exercising(can only endure sit ups and skipping) Lord help me
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thanks Chilli.

D'you know I made the sweet potato porridge with shrimps, ugwu, et al? And then committed some cardinal cooking sins?

I covered the pot completely without allowing the hot air escape after cooking (sin no. 1). Then to make matters worse, I forgot to store away in the fridge once it had cooled down, but instead left it out for a couple of hours at room temperature. (sin no. 2)

When I did remember, the mixture was practically fermenting before my very eyes. All those king sized prawns. My ugwu. My carrots. My expensive sweet potatoes. embarassed

All going to waste. I didn't want to throw it out even though I knew I should. Instead o helped myself to some more of it. I was fine that evening, but the next day...

See purging. My bum was on fire. Couldn't even sit still during the meetings at work. Na that day I know say Jesus loves me. I was this close to exploding in my seat. embarassed so many visits to the loo. The journey home was no joke either. Remain small...

Anyway, it all cleared off after one day. No one told me before I flushed the entire contents of my pot of porridge down the toilet. Mtcheew. So much wastage...

I haven't cooked it since then...

Sorry for you. I can imagine . Oh, the shrimps .
Poor shrimps .
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 25, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I already did that once. Now it's your turn. cool

Thanks, ladygogo.

It looks very green. I like it.

Na black rubber umbrella you carry enter market? Or white one made of cloth? cheesy

Which one is rubber umbrella cheesy.
You know the normal tiny umbrella that wind can decide to change it shape anytime. And you know most naija markets with tiny space for people to move about.

being healthy should cover both internal and external body. Very high degree of hot sun ca n affect ones brain.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 1:46pm On May 25, 2015
Breakkie juice - 5 carrots, 2 apples and 1 sweet potato. I think the greatest and best change I ever made to my diet is juicing.

3 Likes

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by tchiwinnie: 4:00pm On May 25, 2015
naijababe:
Breakkie juice - 5 carrots, 2 apples and 1 sweet potato. I think the greatest and best change I ever made to my diet is juicing.

did u cook d sweetpotato first?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 4:05pm On May 25, 2015
tchiwinnie:
did u cook d sweetpotato first?

No. I just washed the skin, chopped into bits and juiced it.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 4:49pm On May 25, 2015
naijababe:

that your juice looks thick. what kind of juicer do you use?

I just got the jack lalanne power juicer based on all The reviews I read about it and how powerful it is.
It is great but I feel like half the fruits fibre goes to waste.

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.