Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:23 PM

Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. - Food (94) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. (265595 Views)

Cancer-Causing Tomato Paste In Nigeria - Reps Alerts Nigerians / Men Eating Wedding Meal From Packer (Photos) / 7 Things Not To Do After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:27pm On Nov 21, 2015
naijababe:

The real McCoy as in the real thing na grin

For your meal, try grilled sea bass with roasted sweet potatoes/parsnips. Wash down with a juice of one apple, 2 sticks of celery, one carrot and thumb of ginger grin

But Sea bass and sweet potatoes aren't green na.

What I want is a meal that's absolutely green in colour. No whites, yellows, oranges, red, etc. Just pure green. I'm thinking, green beans / lentils for protein, green apples, grapes, avocado for vitamins. But carbs? embarassed undecided
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:32pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

But Sea bass and sweet potatoes aren't green na.

What I want is a meal that's absolutely green in colour. No whites, yellows, oranges, red, etc. Just pure green. I'm thinking, green beans / lentils for protein, green apples, grapes, avocado for vitamins. But carbs? embarassed undecided

I missed the green part ni! It will have to be vegetarian though.

Ok, try Edamame in garlic with the juice from my previous post (feel free to remove the ginger and carrot) and you are done grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
lipsrsealed
naijababe:

Yes it does look diluted, the real McCoy is almost forest green in colour

Damiso, na you be the real fitness winch, chai!!! You went for a run today shocked

I am not worried about December, I started my healthy eating last October and rode out the festive period! If I can do it then, I can do it now. I drank wine like crazy on Xmas day though grin

I don't know what came over me angry

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
naijababe:

I missed the green part ni! It will have to be vegetarian though.

Ok, try Edamame in garlic with the juice from my previous post (feel free to remove the ginger and carrot) and you are done grin

Edamame? What's that abeg?

Lemme go check google before I disgrace myself this evening. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 21, 2015
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2015
Edamame - green beans! cheesy

Naijababe I already mentioned green beans / lentils. Besides, that's protein. Green carbs abeg. Damiso, any suggestions?
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Naijababe I already mentioned green beans / lentils. Besides, that's protein. Green carbs abeg. Damiso, any suggestions?

Green lentils soup nko? Shebi lentils get carbs for inside grin

Abeg, I am going out for sushi................good luck finding a green carb o grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2015
naijababe:

Abeg, I am going out for sushi................good luck finding a green carb o grin

Lol! Now that's a good one. Green lentils soup.

I also found something called green pebble soup on google. grin

My sister enjoy your sushi - later smiley smiley
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Was gong to say green lentils cos contrary to what our teachers told us lentils do have carbs
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 7:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
naijababe:

You won't take me along to upgrade my ara oko palate cheesy

Have fun kiss

I need to go jare
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
damiso:

You won't take me along to upgrade my ara oko palate cheesy

Have fun kiss

I need to go jare

You ara-okoness don pass iragbiji own. I don give up for your matter grin Waiting for my ride
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by ifyalways(f): 7:49pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Anyway ladies - believe it or not, I had a GRASS drink. Proper grass and I kid you not!

I missed brekkie and doing my normal morning exercises at home, so this was the alternative - opted for a plain wheat porridge (no cream, no sugar) as usual - and a green crush (apples, cucumber, kiwi, lettuce, grapes, etc). Then decided to try out the grass thingy.

You know how it's done like when you go to the pub and order a shot of whisky or something similar? So I asked for one shot of grass drink. Omo you need to see the amount of grass that girl cut into the "grasser" juicer. shocked shocked shocked Had to ask her if it was washed oh! grin grin

Anyway, even to drink the thing, see as my heart dey beat...kpom, kpom, kpom, as per "who send me?" And the smell? Gosh! It smelt very grassy! cheesy :DI eventually summoned up some dutch courage to drink it, but had to hold my nose in the process. Men see as dem dey laugh your sister. They even gave me a slice of apple to make it more bearable.

So, that's the long and short of my Thursday's experiment. It wasn't too bad sha. Afterall, they say grass is detoxifying. tongue tongue cool

Anyway, the very very dark green drink is the concentrated grass solution I had. Now it doesn't get much healthier than that, does it? grin tongue tongue

Oya, in no particular order:

Chillisauce
Cococandy
Ifyalways
Edwife
Bellong
BurntPalace
Damiso
Smartmom
Mindfulness
Xoxomum
Kimoni
Thelish
and last but not the least: Sambarry, Sambarry, Sambarry, and Sambarry. cool cool

No be me and you Efe. cheesy

The only thing close to your " grass drink" that will be going down my throat is my green smoothies (avocado and water melon", nothing else. Grass kwa?
Welldone but I no drink. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:50pm On Nov 21, 2015
damiso:

Was continue to say green lentils cos contrary to what our teachers told us lentils do have carbs

I was hoping for the equivalent of eba / yam. Something heavy and green.

I suppose green isn't meant to be heavy and unhealthy, otherwise that would beat the purpose of it being a light, albeit "healthy green" in the first place.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 7:52pm On Nov 21, 2015
ifyalways:

No be me and you Efe. cheesy

The only thing close to your " grass drink" that will be going down my throat is my green smoothies (avocado and water melon", nothing else. Grass kwa?
Welldone but I no drink. cheesy

Think of the health benefits Ify.

What if that drink has got some serious anti-aging oxidants in there? Stuff to make your skin forever look like an 18 year old's? You nor go drink am? grin grin tongue tongue
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 8:11pm On Nov 21, 2015
How did it taste efemenaxy? embarassed
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:12pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
How did it taste efemenaxy? embarassed

Thick and chalky.

And it smelt like freshly mowed grass too.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 8:19pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Thick and chalky.

And it smelt like freshly mowed grass too.
arghhhh
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
arghhhh

cheesy cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

cheesy cheesy
efe don't try this again angry
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I was hoping for the equivalent of eba / yam. Something heavy and green.

I suppose green isn't meant to be heavy and unhealthy, otherwise that would beat the purpose of it being a light, albeit "healthy green" in the first place.

I think we can just pour green smoothie in the eba grin or what do you think it becomes green straight? Or ebbage the 'healthy' eba made with greens?

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
efe don't try this again angry

I plan to. At least once or twice a week in the mornings. I know it smells and tastes horrible but it think it could quickly become an acquired taste.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by damiso(f): 8:47pm On Nov 21, 2015
naijababe:

You ara-okoness don pass iragbiji own. I don give up for your matter grin Waiting for my ride

grin grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2015
damiso:

I think we can just pour green smoothie in the eba grin or what do you think it becomes green straight? Or ebbage the 'healthy' eba made with greens?

LMAO!!! grin grin grin
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Burntpalace: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:
Anyway ladies - believe it or not, I had a GRASS drink. Proper grass and I kid you not!

I missed brekkie and doing my normal morning exercises at home, so this was the alternative - opted for a plain wheat porridge (no cream, no sugar) as usual - and a green crush (apples, cucumber, kiwi, lettuce, grapes, etc). Then decided to try out the grass thingy.

You know how it's done like when you go to the pub and order a shot of whisky or something similar? So I asked for one shot of grass drink. Omo you need to see the amount of grass that girl cut into the "grasser" juicer. shocked shocked shocked Had to ask her if it was washed oh! grin grin

Anyway, even to drink the thing, see as my heart dey beat...kpom, kpom, kpom, as per "who send me?" And the smell? Gosh! It smelt very grassy! cheesy :DI eventually summoned up some dutch courage to drink it, but had to hold my nose in the process. Men see as dem dey laugh your sister. They even gave me a slice of apple to make it more bearable.

So, that's the long and short of my Thursday's experiment. It wasn't too bad sha. Afterall, they say grass is detoxifying. tongue tongue cool

Anyway, the very very dark green drink is the concentrated grass solution I had. Now it doesn't get much healthier than that, does it? grin tongue tongue

Oya, in no particular order:

Eww! Can just imagine the grassy smell. cheesy
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 8:55pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

I plan to. At least once or twice a week in the mornings. I know it smells and tastes horrible but it think it could quickly become an acquired taste.

Phew. I must commend your discipline.

1 Like

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:05pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:

Phew. I must commend your discipline.

Burntpalace:

Eww! Can just imagine the grassy smell. cheesy

Ladies, watch this o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVHEl_gdso

Helps increase your red blood cells, helps with digestion, detoxes the body, helps prevent cancer, helps reduce monthly period cramps, improves your skin...gosh check out her skin!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 9:10pm On Nov 21, 2015
Okay the cancer bit may make me consider it.
Can't one tweak the taste at least?
Add something to reduce the chalky taste and the grassy smell.
Maybe lemons or honey. I don't know

EfemenaXY:

Ladies, watch this o!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEVHEl_gdso

Helps increase your red blood cells, helps with digestion, detoxes the body, helps prevent cancer, helps reduce monthly period cramps, improves your skin...gosh check out her skin!
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
Okay the cancer bit may make me consider it.
Can't one tweak the taste at least?
Add something to reduce the chalky taste and the grassy smell.
Maybe lemons or honey. I don't know

I think so.

Her friends tried it with a bit of ginger (yuk) and some sort of pepper.

When I tried mine at work, I was given a slice of apple to go with it. I just gulped the drink in one go, then had the apple later. But now, watching the YouTube videos on it, it seems one is meant to savour the taste for at least a minute or so in the mouth, so that it really "seeps in" to the blood stream before reaching the digestive juices within the stomach (or something to that effect).
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 9:29pm On Nov 21, 2015
Savour the taste ?

I'll pass. Jisike. kiss
EfemenaXY:

I think so.

Her friends tried it with a bit of ginger (yuk) and some sort of pepper.

When I tried mine at work, I was given a slice of apple to go with it. I just gulped the drink in one go, then had the apple later. But now, watching the YouTube videos on it, it seems one is meant to savour the taste for at least a minute or so in the mouth, so that it really "seeps in" to the blood stream before reaching the digestive juices within the stomach (or something to that effect).

Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by EfemenaXY: 9:33pm On Nov 21, 2015
cococandy:
Savour the taste ?

I'll pass. Jisike. kiss

For now.

But somehow, methinks you might pick up on it after Junior's made an appearance. D'you know that amongst other things, it helps with anemia? I guess I'm sold on it. But I think £1.80 (single shot) or £3.50 (double shot) is a rip-off.
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by Kimoni: 9:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
Efemenaxy, pls do you know any priest on NL? I want to go to confession this night sad

I forgot since that tomorrow is Sunday, Choi! I need to be in a state of grace before mass tomorrow
Re: Paste Pics Of Your Healthy Meal Here. by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Nov 21, 2015
EfemenaXY:

For now.

But somehow, methinks you might pick up on it after Junior's made an appearance. D'you know that amongst other things, it helps with anemia? I guess I'm sold on it. But I think £1.80 (single shot) or £3.50 (double shot) is a rip-off.
I wouldn't even know where to get that here but if I did, I'll make sure to spike the taste before downing it in one gulp.
No savoring for me.

You're right it's a rip off at that price.

(1) (2) (3) ... (91) (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) ... (111) (Reply)

Nigerian Recipes / Nigerian Names Of Herbs And Plants / Cook In Your Kitchen, Take Pictures And Post It Here. SIMPLE!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.