Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,592 members, 7,801,691 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (144509 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by PrinceMario(m): 2:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
@isobayor...What is your advice. A friend want to cross from mechanical engineering to economics. She's currently in 200l,her flair for finance started not quite long and the passion to go on with mechanical engineering is no longer there as she's on a cgpa of 3.3 and now scared she might not make the 2.1 boundary. Do u advice such person to cross? if yes what are the career prospects of an economics graduate with ican?.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by anonimi: 2:43pm On Apr 08, 2015
Great post OP.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Wendyslim(f): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice post @op

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ebenice(m): 2:45pm On Apr 08, 2015
proud to be an accountant

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by anonimi: 2:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
PrinceMario:
@isobayor...What is your advice. A friend want to cross from mechanical engineering to economics. She's currently in 200l,her flair for finance started not quite long and the passion to go on with mechanical engineering is no longer there as she's on a cgpa of 3.3 and now scared she might not make the 2.1 boundary. Do u advice such person to cross? if yes what are the career prospects of an economics graduate with ican?.

IF she NO LONGER has passion for mech. Eng. she can switch to economics and start writing ICAN already with a view to doing summer work/internship/volunteer in a good accounting firm.
Economics is a great first degree due to its diverse scope covering the key aslects of rational human behaviour.

That was more or less my route.
Best!

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by fotud(m): 2:48pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)
please i have an HND in accounting from FIDEI polythencnic gboko, benue state is the school accredited and what's the break down of the fees if it is accredited?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ednut1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
ex ican student, ATS to PE2 was not easy. constant and hard reading. only attended lectures in Ats 1, my style was get a text book, complement wit ican park and download last year pathfinder to predict question for the current diet. and read read read. failed jst one paper all thru. shout out to those dat attend lectures. cudnt do it cos i always slept off heheheh

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by AreaFada2: 2:50pm On Apr 08, 2015
nice
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by senatorbayor(m): 2:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
thanks
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ebenice(m): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
pls sir i like to know what advantages does one stand to benefit from being chatterd

and to what extent can one go as regarding accounting knowledge accademically aside being chatterd
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by whizqueen(f): 2:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
Present!
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by jazzy4naija(m): 2:58pm On Apr 08, 2015
please do holders of a degree in business management get any exemption thank you
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
How can yOu pass performance management and PSAF?

Well there is no secret aside from timely and adequate preparation. You don't just prepare for ICAN but you must start early. You need to read religiously at least 2 hours on daily basis. Gather right materials from ICAN tutorial centres. Make sure you present yourself for lecture. It is very difficult to use an academic knowledge and idea to pass professional exams. There are some secret that you can never hear anywhere except from a right tutors centres. Do you know that it is possible to predict probable questions for ICAN exams? These are the secret that we lecturers have that students don't have. Also, there is one thing to know what to write, and there is another thing to be able to deliver it within 3 hours....

If you are in lagos ,you can reach me on 08079276907 or iso_bayor@yahoo.com

Regards.

True!

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by INNARMORATA: 2:59pm On Apr 08, 2015
Please I studied agricultural economics n uptill now I hav not been able 2gain employment even after series of interview..plz can go for ICAN n ACCA? Will it be an added advantage?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by PrinceMario(m): 3:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
anonimi:

IF she NO LONGER has passion for mech. Eng. she can switch to economics and start writing ICAN already with a view to doing summer work/internship/volunteer in a good accounting firm.
Economics is a great first degree due to its diverse scope covering the key aslects of rational human behaviour.

That was more or less my route.
Best!
Thanks for the response bro. The question is,what are the chances of an economic+ican graduate getting a decent job out there.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by VickyRotex(f): 3:01pm On Apr 08, 2015
Where's my twin brother, I hope he's reading this? undecided
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 3:02pm On Apr 08, 2015
PrinceMario:
Thanks for the response bro. The question is,what are the chances of an economic+ican graduate getting a decent job out there.

Once you're well groomed, your chances are high.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by golfo: 3:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good work, OP! I need your assistance and clarification; I last passed my ICAN Professional examination 2 in 1999 and was preparing to write the final diet PE 3 when suddenly my company relocated me to the north. As a result i couldnt make out time; as such i lost the opportunity of writing the ICAN PE 3 and being a certified chartered accountant.
Please, i would love to finish what i started a long time ago; what process, stage/diet do i need to take and obtain d ICAN certificate ( I have passed Foundation, PE 1 and PE 11 as far back as 1999).
Thanks in advance.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by fnwalie(m): 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)

Please sir, I am a graduate of economics. I enrolled for ICAN during my youth service days, and passed d first stage. All this was at Oyo State. However I could not continue due to finance. Its been more than four years now and I am presently in Lagos. It has always been my desire to continue. Do I hv to enrolled afresh or can I simply continue from where I stopped? If yes what do I do? I need advice please.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by anonimi: 3:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
PrinceMario:

Excellent!

Let her keep reading profiles of successful financial management practitioners and build her career path as necessary.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by anonimi: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2015
senatorbayor:
Good afternoon sir
How do one conquer tiredness when reading for exams. I have written PE1 stages twice but had missed failures in all subjects. I had to drop last diet cos I was not encouraged by the result. What is your advise and I wish to have career path, do you have any on-line exams one can write to boost my CV

One thing many did back then was to ABANDON everything else and focus solely on ICAN lectures/study/exams. You only resume enjoyment once you finish the last paper until you have to start lectures again.

Passing ICAN is POSSIBLE with the needed dedication!

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Tolupride(m): 3:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
I have a university diploma in banking and finance and i'm doing my degree already in the same course from kogi state university...can i start Ican nw or suld i wait till after graduation. and lastly is kogi state university accredited for ican
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by donephi(m): 3:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Really planning to write ICAN this year Nov.
Gathering momentum

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Boss13: 3:17pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
@kUFREABASI.

The Advanced MGT accounting by Omolehinwa. You can by ACCA F8-Performance management. It is very useful .

Just to point out the mistake ACCA F8 - Audit and Assurance and not Perfomance Management which is F5

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Dallazday(m): 3:22pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
@esoboy,

you can do it in form of one thing at a time. Go for your PGD first, and later on you calm down and take up ICAN exams. Why did I say dis? Th PGD have a set time to finish. But ICAN is subject to passing all in each level before moving ahead.God will help you
please sir, Am a undergraduate of accounting education, what do I need to be eligible for ICAN

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ndrule: 3:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Good day sir,
I read Statistics and I seriously do have the flare for banking and I wudnt want to limit masef to wat ma course of study cud offer in a banking firm....My question is dz, how do I relate an ICAN exam to my course of study, do I nid 2do Masters on Accounting or jst participate in the exam.
Thanks....I hp ma msg z well read
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 08, 2015
Am in my finals sir. Accounting. someone suggested I write ICAN during my service year. How feasible is this sir? Can I do it while I serve and also what is the possibility of passing very well?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Akamaka: 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
hello Adebayo.
I am a professional accountant. I currently work in a Bank. internal audit department. please I need Contact for any consulting job to boost my credentials. I really intend to leave d banking sector soon.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by vickylinco(m): 3:31pm On Apr 08, 2015
I don tire for the course sef.... person go read... he won't understand, by the way I graduated with second class upper in university of Ilorin, but this ICAN stuff, I don't just know. Am yet to write any paper though, but I have been granted exemption

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 08, 2015
pls sir...how do I get a chartered accountant to help me sign my form.I have gone to uniben accting dpt times without number but what they kept telling me is that they can't help me sign it cos they v not paid their dues. pls..M in Benin..do u have contacts in Benin that can help me sign. And also..being a banking and finance graduate, u will be starting from foundation and one of such courses I will be writing is MIS..pls do u have a PDF material or ICAN material, pathfinder on the subject. and what are your recommended texts for courses in foundation;business law, financial acct, and MIS.thanks sir.quick response.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Akamaka: 3:34pm On Apr 08, 2015
vickylinco:
I don tire for the course sef.... person go read... he won't understand, by the way I graduated with second class upper in university of Ilorin, but this ICAN stuff, I don't just know. Am yet to write any paper though, but I have been granted exemption
don't be afraid. start it. u will qualify. it happened to me but wen I started it took me less than 2 yrs to qualify.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by princeunugwa: 3:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
God bless u sir for this. I finished from kogi state University Anyigba, accounting and am currently serving in imo. Pls sir I need ur advice on my next line of progression. I was thinking btw goin for my MSc in finance or ican depending on d best fit. As an experienced resource person, can u give me the best mix? Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.