Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:42 PM

Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant - Educational Services (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant (143897 Views)

Any Idea Of How Much Oagf-office Of Accountant General Pays ??? / A Random Question At An Interview / ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Herqolet95(m): 3:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)

I have ND in Banking and Finance and I've passed the intermediate level of CIBN. if I was to enrol for ICAN now, at which level will i start if i took exemptions.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
DavidGodwin:
Am in my finals sir. Accounting. someone suggested I write ICAN during my service year. How feasible is this sir? Can I do it while I serve and also what is the possibility of passing very well?

If you are financially strong and you can read on your own that is the best time for you. At this time you have less responsibilities.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by idee91: 3:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
Nice thread sir....
I pray I clear all my papers in one sitting.....
prepaing against nov. diet

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
princeunugwa:
God bless u sir for this. I finished from kogi state University Anyigba, accounting and am currently serving in imo. Pls sir I need ur advice on my next line of progression. I was thinking btw goin for my MSc in finance or ican depending on d best fit. As an experienced resource person, can u give me the best mix? Thanks

If you are thinking of career in academic go for MSc, but if you are thinking of professional go for ICAN. If u are strong and you have both more opportunities for you.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 4:00pm On Apr 08, 2015
idee91:
Nice thread sir....
I pray I clear all my papers in one sitting.....
prepaing against nov. diet

Ameen

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 4:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
tjkadzyanju:
pls sir...how do I get a chartered accountant to help me sign my form.I have gone to uniben accting dpt times without number but what they kept telling me is that they can't help me sign it cos they v not paid their dues. pls..M in Benin..do u have contacts in Benin that can help me sign. And also..being a banking and finance graduate, u will be starting from foundation and one of such courses I will be writing is MIS..pls do u have a PDF material or ICAN material, pathfinder on the subject. and what are your recommended texts for courses in foundation;business law, financial acct, and MIS.thanks sir.quick response.

If you will be in Lagos soon, I can get somebody to sign for you.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by fgr63: 4:11pm On Apr 08, 2015
pls can you help in explaining what exemptions are? is it free?
if I am using o'level certificate where do I start from?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by PrinceMario(m): 4:12pm On Apr 08, 2015
anonimi:

Excellent!

Let her keep reading profiles of successful financial management practitioners and build her career path as necessary.
Thanks.i just referred her to this thread.

1 Like

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by ogedanny: 4:13pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pass your ICAN Exam: Download All the New ICAN Study Packs for Free:
Click Here: http://examnigeria.com/

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by habayommy: 4:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
I'm an Accounting(HND) graduate from the The Polytechnic, Ibadan. Which level will I start from?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by shiki(m): 4:33pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Hello @Esoboy,

You need to know if your school is accredited by ICAN. What is the name of your school? If it is accredited, you will start from application level with 4 papers viz; Perfomance management,Financial reporting, Mgt Gov and ethics, & Public sectors accounting and finance. However, since you intend to write November, you will start by doing student registration. You can pay at any bank, then a month after your student reg number will come out.after this you will applied for exemption and made some payments.
For recommended text book, if you are in lagos, you can buy books like Advanced mgt acctng i.e for performance mgt, Financial reporting made simple by KASMIR, and for Mgt Gov and ethics you will have o use study pack. For PSAF not recommended text book of any such because International public sector accounting standard(IPSAS) frequently changes.
I hope this answer your question.

You can call me on 080279276907 IN CASE YOU ARE NOT CLEAR.
080279276907 ur mobile number more than 11 digits
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Dallazday(m): 4:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
pls sir, Am an undergraduate of accounting education, can I apply for ICAN exams after my program?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 08, 2015
shiki:

080279276907 ur mobile number more than 11 digits

remove 2 from the no above to get 08079276907.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 4:38pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Hello @Esoboy,

You need to know if your school is accredited by ICAN. What is the name of your school? If it is accredited, you will start from application level with 4 papers viz; Perfomance management,Financial reporting, Mgt Gov and ethics, & Public sectors accounting and finance. However, since you intend to write November, you will start by doing student registration. You can pay at any bank, then a month after your student reg number will come out.after this you will applied for exemption and made some payments.
For recommended text book, if you are in lagos, you can buy books like Advanced mgt acctng i.e for performance mgt, Financial reporting made simple by KASMIR, and for Mgt Gov and ethics you will have o use study pack. For PSAF not recommended text book of any such because International public sector accounting standard(IPSAS) frequently changes.
I hope this answer your question.

You can call me on 080279276907 IN CASE YOU ARE NOT CLEAR.
sir,ve a! Bsc(ed) in Accounting from Eksu.i thk my school is accredited. wher do I start from please. wud love to write the Nov diet during my Nysc
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by shiki(m): 4:40pm On Apr 08, 2015
harteelolar:

remove 2 from the no above to get 08079276907.

Ok, thanks sir
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 4:55pm On Apr 08, 2015
vickylinco:
I don tire for the course sef.... person go read... he won't understand, by the way I graduated with second class upper in university of Ilorin, but this ICAN stuff, I don't just know. Am yet to write any paper though, but I have been granted exemption

The day you commit your money to do it, trust me, your energy will come. The truth is that your life need to be miserable within that period you are preparing for the exams. Your family, friends, and colleagues may suddenly become enemies as they may not want to show understanding.
But the sacrifice worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by LFJ: 5:05pm On Apr 08, 2015
prevail23:
pls sir,after reading banking and finance in school, will I have to do the ICAN stuff? and if I do it wat will be d advantages? what kinda job can I get will d certificate?

As a professional accountant, you are perfectly fit into any organization, even politics. If you decided to become your own master, start from your locality by telling people that you are a professional accountant and this is the way you can add value to their biz. And if you want to work for others, you are already a steps ahead of many who are still struggling to pass the exam. ICAN has less than 50,000 members as at today, we among these 50,000 thousands are dead, retired or no longer in the country so u have a better chance of better opportunities than millions.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by africo13610(m): 5:23pm On Apr 08, 2015
Am a student of lasu nd we need some1 dat can take us advance accounting nd taxation.. Plz if u can help kindly beep me on 08022098784
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by heryeendey(m): 5:29pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hey Bro Can I Aav Contact Or Bbmpin So I Can Ax U Som Questions
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by rhames(m): 5:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
hello Bayo- Thanks for opening this thread.

I am writing thre papers from the skills stage namely PM,MGE and one other paper. I am based up North and would like to attend an intensive classes in Lagos for the purpose of passing these papers. Which of these tuition houses would you recommend i attend for the purpose of passing the Examinations?

Andre
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by heryeendey(m): 5:46pm On Apr 08, 2015
OP Add Me Upp 08095052800 Or bbm 79dbd38f
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Nobody: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

As a professional Accountant and a Nairalander, I deem it fit to create this topic.

Having passed all ICAN stages in one sitting(won price in cost accounting at ATS) and currently lectures in professional accountancy tutor centers (Leverage associates and legacy Tutors, I have what it take to answer any question as regards ICAN examinations. Any question at all? feel free to ask.

Adebayo(ACA)

Hello,

I am a chartered banker ACIB. And I also want to write ICAN, do I have to start from scratch, or ill get exemptions.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by bolliejay(m): 5:56pm On Apr 08, 2015
isobayor:
Dear Friends,

Adebayo(ACA)
Nice thread.........
I need ur canid and professional advice.......l was preparin for Nov 2014 exams(received lectures in one of thr tutorial in lagos and hv all the main textbook)and hv even paid for all the 4papers in Skill level when l fell teribly sick......I could not write the exams and hv just fully recovered...........
I knw the key to passin ICAN exams is early preparation.............do u think l stand a chance if l start reading for 2papers now(MGE & PSAF)

Pls note that assimilation rate is low now as old age is doing its part.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by curiobling: 6:03pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls can u send me d current course outline for quantitative analysis 4 ATS II
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by menipo(m): 6:10pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello Sir, please I will like you to clarify if someone has ANAN and wants to write ICAN, what papers would he be exempted from?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Edipee(m): 6:28pm On Apr 08, 2015
Hello Sir, I'm a fresh graduate of Banking and Fin. from UNIUYO I'll be serving by november. If I want to take ICAN exams now, what level will I start? How much in estimate do think I will part with to complete the program? How valid (marketable) is CIBN CERT. ?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by Edipee(m): 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
flyboi1:

Hello,

I am a chartered banker ACIB. And I also want to write ICAN, do I have to start from scratch, or ill get exemptions.
I'm a fresh banking graduate, it's a pleasure to meet you. How marketable is CIBN? From your experience, would you advice me to go for it?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 6:35pm On Apr 08, 2015
Herqolet95:

I have ND in Banking and Finance and I've passed the intermediate level of CIBN. if I was to enrol for ICAN now, at which level will i start if i took exemptions.

With the new syllabus, if you apply with HND Banking and Finance, you will start from Knowledge (the first stage) and you will be granted exception in two courses.
Since you are still at the intermediate level of CIBN, you can't apply. But once it's completed, you can apply with it and you will start from Knowledge but here, you will be granted exception in four courses.
I recommend you complete your CIBN programme before starting ICAN but if you feel you can run the two programmes and finance won't be a challenge, you can sit for the next diet (exam).

Please refer to this new ICAN syllabus
http://www.icanig.org/ican/documents/PS2014.pdf
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 6:42pm On Apr 08, 2015
fgr63:
pls can you help in explaining what exemptions are? is it free?
if I am using o'level certificate where do I start from?

Exceptions are not free. If you apply with your O'level certificate, you will start from the first stage (Knowledge) and are not entitled to ant exception.
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by nanyya5000(f): 6:44pm On Apr 08, 2015
Pls sir, I'm a level1accounting student in a state university, do you think I should sit for the ican exam this year?
Re: Ask Me Any Question At All As Regards ICAN Examinations & Prospect Of Accountant by funkyjms: 6:52pm On Apr 08, 2015
habayommy:
I'm an Accounting(HND) graduate from the The Polytechnic, Ibadan. Which level will I start from?

If your institution was accredited as the time you were in school, with the new syllabus, you will start from the second stage (skill) with exceptions in all the courses in the first stage (Knowledge) and two courses in the second stage.
If your institution was not accredited as the time you were in school, with the new syllabus, you will start from the first stage with exception in three courses.

Please refer to this new ICAN syllabus
http://www.icanig.org/ican/documents/PS2014.pdf

isobayor, I hope I'm right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Get Admission Into Houdegbe North American University Cotonou, Benin. / Education Project Topics With Available Materials / Jamb 2016/2017 cbt Registration date closing date Centers & Exam Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.