Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know (51318 Views)

See The Top 8 Android Smartphones With Massive Storage Space / 10 Facebook Tricks You Must Know / 5 Whatsapp Features We Really Wish BBM Had (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by rossyc(f): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2015
Gee001:
coolcool. I received and made a whatsapp call today
please were u charged from ur data bundle?
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by donbrowser(m): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
Gee001:
coolcool. I received and made a whatsapp call today
I didn't hear you clearly when you called.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 7:09pm On Apr 02, 2015
degame2468:
does de whatsapp call wrk on blackberry fones

I have not personally confirmed for BB phones, but some users are saying it is working for Q10.
just try update to the latest version of WhatsApp for BB to check if it is added
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nickymezor(f): 7:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
Kool...
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by donbrowser(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
rossyc:
please were u charged from ur data bundle?
Hahaha
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Psalmwise(m): 7:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
I guess all dis are only possible on android....Sighs

BB no gree mak persn hide his or her last seen
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by ggrin(f): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
omortoyosi01:
throw ur phone inside river Niger ND get a new phone grin
sad
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by phetty(m): 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
XtraSmooth404:
Not new... Except the call feature. Nice one.

Na everywhere you dey there grin
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by XtraSmooth404: 8:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
phetty:

Na everywhere you dey there grin
lol no worry, when we reach PwC there won't be time for NL
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by favourelisha(m): 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Thanks!
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Kingsasian(m): 8:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
I hv made a lot of calls via whatsapp but most of the calls aren't clear because of bad network.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by xdream(m): 8:16pm On Apr 02, 2015
ggrin:
The call feature is not working on my phoneundecided
And I upgrade it this morningangry

Mine was activated as soon as I received a whatsapp call from a neighbor.

the call quality is excellent, just like normal phone call.

If you don't mind, add me and let me call you.

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by phetty(m): 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
XtraSmooth404:

lol no worry, when we reach PwC there won't be time for NL

I thieved from your optimistic thought, bro... Still gathering courage for that thing. How far with yours?

Heard it is long and boring as a day in a desert
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Buchidity: 8:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
If u turnoff ur last seen. U won't be able to see other people's last seen
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by XtraSmooth404: 8:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
phetty:

I thieved from your optimistic thought, bro... Still gathering courage for that thing. How far with yours?

Heard it is long and boring as a day in a desert
Did it this morning. It's totally a boring piece of shi't grin
They claim there's no right or wrong answer tho.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by dynamo007(m): 9:14pm On Apr 02, 2015
donhils:

Am not sure bb phones with BIS can make or receive the calls. U need real internet data for it.
it seems the whatsapp call only works with android...
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by angrywife: 9:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
Shows when u are online grin grin grin grin
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by donhils: 9:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
Walkopet:
BlackBerry fones support bro, but only on BlackBerry 10, am using it currently.
Do U use BIS on your bb 10? I said bb phones with BIS so I differentiated it.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by cafedeluv(m): 11:32pm On Apr 02, 2015
fortech91:

Source: http://www.androidgist.com/top-8-whatsapp-features-and-tricks-you-dont-know

Nice Tips. But No 4 & 5 are not whastapp native features. You need a thirdparty app to make them work.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Hoodrat(m): 5:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Ok good information.

1 Like

Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Emeka71(m): 6:51am On Apr 03, 2015
youngpol:
ggrin has arrested my attention hereAren't we all wary of good ol' whatsapp? But it has been my companion right from when I use Nokia X2 to this moment.
So WhatsApp works well on NOKIA X2?
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Nobody: 7:17am On Apr 03, 2015
Emeka71:
So WhatsApp works well on NOKIA X2?
Yes... Well
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by luigiajah(m): 7:45am On Apr 03, 2015
Kindycute:

are u serious?

Yap
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Emeka71(m): 9:54am On Apr 03, 2015
youngpol:
Yes... Well
So I'm missing out of WhatsApp or maybe because I don't fancy WhatsApp.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Ubty: 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
I attempted the .no media trick. now I want to undo it, how do I go about that?
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 2:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Ubty:
I attempted the .no media trick. now I want to undo it, how do I go about that?

just delete the file .nomedia inside that folder
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Ubty: 5:08pm On Apr 03, 2015
fortech91:

just delete the file .nomedia inside that folder
thanks man but that ain't working
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by wackhack(m): 9:21pm On Apr 03, 2015
Whatsapp works well on Q10 and any other BB10. But, someone needs to call you for it to get activated.
I'm running the Beta version on my Q10 with many great features yet to be released to the public.
I must also state this clear that the whatsapp call is still in BETATM mode for now. The fact that you can make call with it does not mean everything is fine, there is still a lot bugs that needs to fixed.

So ask your friend that has the call's icon to call you and get activated.
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 5:35am On Apr 04, 2015
wackhack:
Whatsapp works well on Q10 and any other BB10. But, someone needs to call you for it to get activated.
I'm running the Beta version on my Q10 with many great features yet to be released to the public.
I must also state this clear that the whatsapp call is still in BETATM mode for now. The fact that you can make call with it does not mean everything is fine, there is still a lot bugs that needs to fixed.

So ask your friend that has the call's icon to call you and get activated.

With time, the calling feature will be stable, but note that most times our poor network and slow internet access is the cause of the lag.. and not the app itself
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by fortech91(m): 8:43am On Apr 04, 2015
Re: Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know by Ausra(f): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2015
Today is my birthday and I just turned 24hrs
And it's not by my power but by the grace of the Almighty today I'm very happy and for that I want to thank the Almighty for my live and show my appreciation by sending free data to all my fellow nairalanders at least you can make free calls and browse with it and may the Almighty bless the owner of this site and also bless Nigerians I like Nigerians and I'm happy to live among the Nigerian people

You can reach me on whatsapp and wish me happy birthday and I will send you a free data

Everyone is welcome
Love ya'll

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Was Duped By A Whatsapp TV. How I Recovered My Money / Man Finally Caught The Person Who Made Nasty Comment On His Photo, This Happened / Man Buys Nokia Phone Filled With Fufu For N8k At Computer Village, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.