Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. (2586 Views)

Seriously Looking For Opportunities In A Stockbroking/Investment Management Firm / Mylife Has Come To An End,can Any1 Help Me / Any1 Knows The Procedure For Registration Of Incorporated Trustees? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Amy84(f): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2009
Hello,
Does any1 know about this exam, Investment Management Certificate. it is conducted by CFA. Is it very much recognised. Candid advice pls, cos am plannig on taking it. :
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Amy84(f): 1:20pm On Jan 24, 2009
still waiting undecided
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Tolulop001(f): 12:14am On Jan 25, 2009
i had this same question posted on naira land, got no reply. duess we'll have to research on our own,
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by seunallday: 1:10pm On Jan 26, 2009
what u r talkin about is CFA chartered financial analyst, i guess,

for more info just go to cfainstitute.org, or just google CFA

im writing dec 09
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by hr1(f): 3:49pm On Jan 27, 2009
To be honest,the only recoginized certification of such nature i know that exists in Nigeria and is recoginized is Nigerian Stock Exchange or Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers.

You can check their website out for more information
http://www.cisnigeria.com/member.html

Or visit ours as well for more useful information on HR in Nigeria in General.
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Tolulop001(f): 9:41pm On Feb 06, 2009
yeah i know there is the cfa but this is the imc, its different you can google it
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by lawuyi(m): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2009
the IMC is an exam carried out the by the CFA institute of the UK. It is essentially for investment professionals in the UK and has two parts: regulations and investment mgmt. If you've got the CFA level 1 exam passed you are exempted from the inv. mgmt part and can do nly regulations. So, essentially it's a lil llower than CFA bt u get it all in one set of exams and its cheaper. check for more info on www.cfauk.org
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Tolulop001(f): 5:19pm On Mar 06, 2009
at lawuyi
yeah i agree with you. my query is that is it recognised in Naija?
there is also the Certificate in Investment Management by the Securities and investment institute, uk
which i am told is almost equivalent, it even has two parts like the IMC and i compared the sylabus of the two, almost identical. has anyone heard of it or is it just me cheesy if yes which is a better deal?
would really really appreciate a response
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by DisGuy: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2009
your best bet will be to actually call one of the stockbroking firms, speak to their HR or manager
its very obvious they accept almost anything for entry level like most banks as long as you can pass their 'tests'
for middle level you will have to call the top firms to enquiry or ask your stockbroker wink

i went through the imc website and they have a UK law syllabus or something like that undecided
Re: Any1 Knows About Investment Management Certificate. by Benzoric: 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2009
Guys,
I know IMC and I have done and passed it. For you to be able to give investment advice in the UK, INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE BY uksip (Now CFA UK) is the minimum qualification u must have.
Any questions, will be here to answer.

(1) (Reply)

The Future Of Information Technology Career Vs Engineering / How Much Do Nigeria Legion Charge To Recruit In Lagos? / Truck Driving School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.