Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,902 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:41 AM

Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate (49512 Views)

Okorocha To Imo Women: Circumcise Your Daughter And Go To Jail / Okorocha To Establish College In Bauchi To Help The Poor / Stop Hating Other Nigerians If You Want To Produce President –Okorocha To Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Bashirfuntua(m): 5:12pm On Apr 02, 2015
Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State has warned that lack of vision on the part of political leaders from the South-East may deny the region the opportunity to produce the next President of the Senate.

While addressing leaders of the APC and party supporters at the Imo International Convention Centre in Owerri, Okorocha lamented that despite the contributions of the Igbo to national development since Independence, they had continued to lag behind in Nigerian politics due to their leaders’ selfishness.
He blamed the present situation on members of the Peoples Democratic Party, whom he accused of stealing the mandate given to the candidates of the All Progressives Congress in the 2015 National Assembly election by the electorate.
The governor said, “It is very painful for the Igbo to lose the position of the Senate President after they have been denied leading positions in the country for a long time. We saw it coming and we told our political leaders why Ndigbo should embrace the APC, but they did not believe us.
“Now the story has changed. The PDP, which they have been following all these years with nothing to show for it, is now an opposition party.”
Noting that there was no election in the South-East geopolitical zone last week, the governor said Ndigbo still stood a chance of clinching the position of Senate President.

“There was no election in the entire South-East on the March 28. The PDP leaders, with the aid of the military and INEC officials, intimidated and harassed our people and thereafter wrote the results in their homes,” he said.
He assured APC supporters and natives of Imo State that the party would do everything necessary to recover the stolen mandate of its candidates in the state.
Addressing the gathering, former Governor Ogbonnaya Onu of Anambra State, who is also an APC stalwart, observed that with the emergence of the APC in 2013, everything about Nigerian politics had changed and would no longer be the same.
Onu believed that Nigeria had started moving forward and Ndigbo should not continue to lag behind in the country’s politics.

He added, “In the past, the people of the South-East put all their political eggs in one basket. They were taken for granted. The things that were of great importance to them were left undone. They gave their very best to the PDP, but got little or nothing to show for it. Ndigbo should embrace the APC and make it the number one party in the zone.
“We need Nigeria as much as she needs us. We must be in the mainstream of Nigerian politics. Our political home should be the APC. In the last election, members of the APC were not treated fairly in the South-East. They were harassed and intimidated by the PDP. In the end, those who were rejected by the voters were declared winners.”
Senator Chris Ngige, however, described the March 28 election as the end of “bad election in the country.”

He expressed satisfaction with the knowledge that the PDP’s alleged involvement in electoral irregularities in the South-East could not stop its presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari, from winning the election.

http://www.punchng.com/news/ndigbo-may-not-produce-next-senate-president-okorocha/

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by NwaforAbia: 5:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rocha is very right. He, Dr. Ogbonna ONU, Dr. Chris Ngige fought a good fight. I respect them a lot. We Igbos are already with Buhari but some of our greedy rulers prevented that to be seen.

167 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by GboyegaD(m): 5:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
I wouldn't agree it is greed. If he says our ethnic sentiments in Nigeria, he would be right. Hopefully,they will get there next time. By the way, how does been Senate President or otherwise make one push favorable bills for his/her constituency?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by PhockPhockMan: 5:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.

259 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by abduljabbar4(m): 5:42pm On Apr 02, 2015
This man is one of the very few Igbo people I respect.

122 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by chat2deen(m): 6:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Some of the winners can port to APC, after dey get d senate president or speaker den decamp back to PDP, simple.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 7:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
Owelle is a great man. It takes a great man to have a conviction and stand by it even against the odds

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by phantom(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin when i said my people were politically naive dem wan chop my head comot.

the igbos made a decision. no problem.let them live with it. angry angry

By the way.....AMAECHI has been elevated to "GOD MODE"...... cool

one minute the police refuses to enforce the curfew in PH....the next minute,its being enforced. who are they kidding? cant wait for april 11th..

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by eHustler(m): 7:26pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sai Okorocha

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by shigoslim(m): 7:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
Is that the change they want to offer us? How does igbo been senate president represent change? Are they been Jonathan won the election without the vote of northerns would Okorocha say what is saying?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by waternogetemeny: 7:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
[size=13pt]Okorocha get ready to pack and leave Douglas House.

Go and serve Buhari, Ndiigbo are not interested in your boy boy.[/size]

123 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by naso2(m): 7:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
On 11th, we Igbos out of greed will vote massively for PDP again. I'm sure he don't even know the meaning greed. Igbos made their choice known, clear and simple. We owe nobody any apology.

MUMU GOVERNOR.

don't mind him, so the igbos in Lagos that voted for GEJ , did that out of greed too?

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by raumdeuter: 7:38pm On Apr 02, 2015
Na because of people like Okorocha and Ngige na him go make Ibos get opportunity small

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Ymodulus: 7:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Ethnic sentiments made the igbos take the step they did.

The closest Igbo man to the incoming Government is Dr Chris Ngige Onwa.

Lets break down things to see how bad Igbos are at strategizing? They couldn’t override their pathological hatred for General Buhari to make a hedge bet and return this man to the Senate, to enhance his chances at Senate President, incase General Buhari wins, which he did.

Instead folks played tribal and religious politics to the tilt as drunken sailors, and failed the man and the chance to make history as Senate President. That’s what happens when emotions trips common sense and folks succumb to hustlers like Peter Obi and Arthur Eze, hustlers after their own interests instead of the masses they pretend to serve.

I urged caution, I pleaded that we were making a huge mistake to hitch our wagon on Jonathan who wasn’t going to
win. And predictably he lost, so also our chance in the new administration.

Lets not gloat.

But maybe, maybe, only maybe he gets a good ministerial appointment, but nothing beats being Senate President.

Igbos are very bad at politics.

Fifty years after independence, they are yet to produce a president when others have taken multiple turns. Their answer is ? Blame others! If you only Hausas didn’t do this or Yorubas didn’t do that, perhaps the god of politics will bless our lot.

And sadly it won’t stop until they learn to coexist with others instead of our ‘better than thou’ attitude when dealing with the Hausas and Yorubas. They are not better than anyone.

Igbos don’t like the Hausas and same igbos don’t like the Yorubas, yet they populate their States in search for livelihood.

They should let their politics mirror their economic aspirations, not the other way around. There is no wisdom in living in the North, earning a living, yet despise the Northerners. That’s being ungrateful.

How long can this collective amnesia insulate the igbos from meaningfully seating at the table, making contributions to Nigeria’s political evolution?

How long can this foolishness go on? How long?

There is a miserable silence across the land today, because they are realizing that they were sold off for pennies by pimps who parade as Igbo leaders.

Where are they? Anyone home? The ohameze group is a disgrace and must be wiped off for the igbos to move ahead

127 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by tomzman: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2015
I pray Igbos would one day see the wisdom in the decision Rochas made. Igbos should stop this hate, you would end up as losers in the end. Learn from this election!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by BrokenTV: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
This people should cut this crap of senate or whatever, We Igbo's have made our stand and don't regret. It is a decision we took and ready to do it again, we owe nobody apology, we are not complaining. I am tired of seeing people opening baseless thread about the Igbo and senate president.

86 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ruggedboy01: 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
This ediot should shut up.......
SE have been surviving and developing without fg......
Pocket ur stup!d senate president, focus on ur re-election cus 11th April is close by angry

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by kodlins(f): 7:47pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rochas is indeed a great disgrace to the entire tribe.

Have you ever seen Baba or Tinubu insulting the Yoruba's or any Northern Gov doing so to their people.
I
I will actually blame Ndi Imo if they do not vote you out.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ndcide(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
what a shame, rochas is not looking at the big picture. We want a restructuring of this country. not for someone to go to abuja and chop on our behalf.

How has ngige's position at the senate over the years changed the lives of people in his constituency?

Any senate President is there for himself and a few.

62 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by gebest: 7:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Is an eye opener to everyone that we should not always use the past to judge the present or even the future for times changes on per seconds bases, Rochas u are right.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by DaGC(m): 7:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
I doubt he said something of this sort.
Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by ignis: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rochas should please be diplomatic. Don't insult igbos that way...

20 Likes

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by gebest: 7:58pm On Apr 02, 2015
GboyegaD:
I wouldn't agree it is greed. If he says our ethnic sentiments in Nigeria, he would be right. Hopefully,they will get there next time. By the way, how does been Senate President or otherwise make one push favorable bills for his/her constituency?
what is the different between what u said and GREED.? So my dear u people are saying thesame thing

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by gebest: 8:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
NwaforAbia:
Rocha is very right. He, Dr. Ogbonna ONU, Dr. Chris Ngige fought a good fight. I respect them a lot. We Igbos are already with Buhari but some of our greedy rulers prevented that to be seen.
these are the men that saw tomorrow.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
Okorocha should shut the Bleep up we igbos made our choice and own nobody any apology. what if Buhari lose will he be talking like this BTW senate president or not we will still be doing our business as usual the past igbo senate presidents what did they achieve? Will it stop the progress of igbo people? Give us the damn good leadership and stop talking trash

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Kelvinigho(m): 8:04pm On Apr 02, 2015
I beli..ve rohas clain to be a northern during the civil war and sharia .they voted from their heart nt greed but love. Him and his party failed imo pple.so vote him out

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Coughnor Roaches cocKorochas, don't mind dem. They'll come back and scream marginalisation. By then, you'll have beats by dre earpiece on.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by afanide: 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Is he an Igbo man?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by bettercreature(m): 8:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
waternogetemeny:
[size=13pt]Okorocha get ready to pack and leave Douglas House.

Go and serve Buhari, Ndiigbo are not interested in your boy boy.[/size]
You are very funny,you simply dont know all the APC governors now has over 20 different choices,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by eightsin(m): 8:19pm On Apr 02, 2015
That man is a Bastar.d. Where does greed come in here. Is politics no longer all about interests. Should igbos be gunning for Senate or presidency.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by Abagworo(m): 8:20pm On Apr 02, 2015
kodlins:
Rochas is indeed a great disgrace to the entire tribe.

Have you ever seen Baba or Tinubu insulting the Yoruba's or any Northern Gov doing so to their people.
I
I will actually blame Ndi Imo if they do not vote you out.

Imo is now the King of Igboland and Okorocha is the next President. Why should we vote him out? Buhari won the election in Imo aside deliberate manipulations and false result. Jonathan connived with Peter Obi and was so wicked to Imo as a State that he did nothing but using a thief known as Ilomuanya to insult us calling the known retired armed robber king of Igboland. Tufiakwa!

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gov. Rochas Okorocha To Nd'igbo Your Greed Denied Us Senate by hardbody: 8:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
GboyegaD:

I have no choice but to agree with you on this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Ben Bruce Offers Kate Dekpe, With Poetic Pidgin English A Job At Silverbird / Patience Jonathan, Obasanjo At Burial Of Umahi’s Mother / Seriake Dickson In His Farm With Faze, MC Okpeke, Ekwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.