Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,104 members, 7,807,326 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? (43310 Views)

Donald Trump Appoints Omarosa Manigault As Head Of Trump Campaign / Looters Risk 20yrs In Jail As Reps Moves For Economic And Financial Crimes Cour / President Buhari Removes Danladi Kifasi As Head Of Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Who do you want as head of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)?

He/She will be in charge of the war on corruption in Nigeria

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by xreal: 5:50pm On Apr 02, 2015
JEGA or Fashola.

44 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 5:52pm On Apr 02, 2015
"Corruption will no longer be allowed to stand as if it IS a respected monument in this nation"

"You can always go to bed knowing that you are safe and your safety is guaranteed.“

"I repeat that corruption will not be tolerated by this administration... Be sure that we will never take you for granted." - GMB

98 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 02, 2015
Prof. Attahiru jega.

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by amanda2013(f): 5:59pm On Apr 02, 2015
undecided amanda2013

11 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Ezerbullet(m): 6:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Myself

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by theV0ice: 6:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Col Abubakar Dangiwar Umar if he's still alive

Edited: a little bit about him

He's the brave kano Prince who though a diehard IBB boy, looked IBB in the face and told him he was wrong on the case of the annulment of June 12 1993 elections. He was military governor of Kaduna state and is reputed to have made the statement "I can follow IBB to war blindfolded" to show how much he believed in IBB as a general.

He lost his commission because he refused to support the annulnent or Abacha's takeover of govt instead of handing over to MKO. Rumour has it that he would have been killed if not because he was a blue blood. All these despite his famed dislike of MKO whom he viewed as arrogant but he insisted justice and fairplay demanded MKO be sworn in even if he was a devil

He left the Army and government unceremoniously, a simple man without money or scandal. The last I heard of him is that he was into poultry farming. I think gej offered him chairmanship of one probe committee in 2011 but umar declined.

104 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by raumdeuter: 6:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
^^ You spoke my mind

Col Abubakar Umar

Umar was a vocal critic of the Abacha regime, and joined the G-18 group of politicians that publicly opposed Abacha's plan to become president.[3] During the Nigerian Fourth Republic he was outspoken on many issues. In June 2000 he said the concept of a monolithic Northern region was obsolete and unnecessary.[9] He warned defeated candidates in the 2003 elections to exercise restraint and follow the law in appealing the results.[10] In March 2004 he wrote a letter to President Olusegun Obasanjo in which he accused him of being an accomplice in the annulment of the 12 June 1993 Presidential election.[11]

In June 2004 he said that the government's unpopular economic policies were creating social unrest.[12] In May 2005 he spoke out against the forced retirement of a deputy governor of Central Bank of Nigeria and accused the government of insincerity in its fight against corruption.[13] He strongly opposed proposals to let Obasanjo run for a third term.[3] In January 2008 he supported the controversial removal of Nuhu Ribadu as Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on the basis that Ribadu was insufficiently experienced, and had carried out the directions of President Olusegun Obasanjo without question.[14] In August 2009 he accused President Umaru Yar'Adua of nepotism in his appointments.[15] In December 2009 he called on the ailing President to resign.

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ebamma(m): 6:11pm On Apr 02, 2015
I hope Tinubu will be their first case,

55 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by echobee(f): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Fashola

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by zomoears(m): 6:17pm On Apr 02, 2015
Seun, why not sample the opinion of NLanders on this? FP worthy topic.

@ Topic, I think u can expand the question to ICPC too.

1 Like

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by abujamal: 6:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
Fashola

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Apr 02, 2015
Enugu-based Rev. Fr. Ejike Mbaka has congratulated President-elect Muhammadu Buhari on his victory at the presidential election."

17 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Seun(m): 6:44pm On Apr 02, 2015
The normal police should be reformed and the EFCC placed under them. There is nothing special about financial crimes. It's a police thing.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Tyche(m): 7:03pm On Apr 02, 2015
Thinubu

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by CR77(f): 7:05pm On Apr 02, 2015
James Ibori

tongue tongue tongue

15 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by eluquenson(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
JEGA

6 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by pharmow: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
The dude under me wrote Wolé Soyinka. Seriously nicca shocked

I think an upright uniformed man should be considered.

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by DesChyko: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Wole Soyinka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Anyone who will do the job well and make sure corrupt thieves and politifcians are made to pay for their evil. Mind you, no man can be trusted. The best man comes with time.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by REALCHANGE20151: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Texcoco(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
We would like Eagle knights or Jaguar knights to hold that position,we know of a particular fellow Tlaui-Colotl (armed scorpion) who duelled and killed five Arrow knights on the Battle Stone with just a left handed staff...he would be the favourite,unfortunately the Texcaltecan warrior was ritually sacrificed to Huitlopopotchli and eaten.
Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Koroaso: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
*********TUNDE IDIAGBON*********

MAY HIS SOUL CONTINUE
TO REST IN PEACE.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by ellechrystal(f): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Lol., no one is worthy for now. I mean none.
Maybe with time we will know. Except Buhari himself opts to take on d responsibility along side his bigger position.
Else I can't see anyone. Not even fashola, jega may not even perform well there. Note, everyone has an area of specialization, not because u r good in d inec job doesn't mean u will do same or better in EFCC.
Please these r two different fields entirely.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Adex097: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
GEJ grin

7 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by scribble: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
Patience Jonathan

3 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by seankay(m): 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
FFK or Fayose

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 02, 2015
tinubu, so that Nigeria will die properly

2 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by scribble: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
echobee:
Fashola

Next efcc chairman should investigate fashola and tinubu very well.

Crooks.

16 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by MalcoImX: 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Oby Ezekwesili

29 Likes

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by Maczeelly(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
Me, Myself and I.............CHANGE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Do You Want As Head Of The Economic And Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)? by iyimide(m): 7:07pm On Apr 02, 2015
One Elder JKF Oladimeji..

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fuel Scarcity Rocks Uyo: Buying Of Fuel Survival Of The Fittest (live Photos) / PDP Governors Rock Uniform 'Akwete' Fabric For Abia Meeting (Pictures) / Shehu Sani Reacts To Catholic Bishops Visit To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.