Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,980 members, 7,799,339 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why GEJ Is Not A Hero - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why GEJ Is Not A Hero (1263 Views)

How Buhari’s Alleged Ban On AIT Got Him Enemies, Made Dokpesi A Hero / Jonathan Is Not A Hero – Oby Ezekwesili / PICS- University Of Otuoke: Why GEJ Was Booed In Bayelsa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by blacnewton(m): 10:21pm On Apr 02, 2015
25 years ago, a certain woman traveled to Zimbabwe on a research trip to investigate why girls' school enrollment in rural areas was very low. She discovered that poverty was the road block as opposed to cultural reasons. Families could not afford to buy books or pay school fees for all their children. Instead they sent their male children to school because they stood a better chance of getting a paid job after graduation.

This woman understood how this poverty and exclusion theory affects these girls psychologically and economically, and if girls could be educated, supported by their communities and empowered to shape their own destinies, they could change their communities and nations forever.

She really wanted to help and change the status-quo but she had no money. She struggled and launched grassroots fund-raising campaigns single-handedly, such as selling baked foods and was able to send 32 girls to school successfully. And in the space of 20 years she was able to send over 400,000 children to school.

This woman's name is Ann Cotton and I'm sure you are inspired by her story. Yes, that is the effect heroes or someone that did something heroic has on us.

Heroes are people that go the extra length to create something that matters even when they are not obliged to. Most times they don't get paid for it. They see it as a service to humanity.

We have many other heroes too like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther king Jr, Mary Slessor e.t.c

And it will only be demeaning and unfair to what heroes stands for if we call every Dick and Harry a Hero.

President Jonathan (A.K.A GEJ) lost the presidential elections to the opposition party and he conceded defeat in a reasonable and calm manner. The elections was free and fair (to some extent) and the country was not in any sort of chaos as many pastors prophesied Nigerians feared.

But all of that doesn't make him a hero and there was nothing heroic about what he did. That was just a normal thing to do. Many even went ahead to say he deserves a Nobel Prize... In what I ask? Some even said he should be immortalized.

I actually thought people were just trying to play pranks or crack crazy jokes as that is synonymous with Nigerians - We tend to create humor around everything, no matter how terrible.

But no, People were darn serious about this hero and super-hero talk. They even went as far as creating hashtags such as #GEJourHero... I think they're are plainly sentimental. Calling GEJ and Hero because he conceded defeat in a calm way is crazy. Is that not the normal and sensible thing to do?

This is just sad and this explains we scream "UP NEPA" when NEPA supplies our houses electricity we are paying for.

If GEJ is a hero for calling Buhari... Then I guess I am a hero too because I just called my pastor and I think I deserve a Nobel prize too.

Source: http://sadiqdaniel..com

2 Likes

Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Lorechino(m): 10:23pm On Apr 02, 2015
Just. want to comment before reading
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 02, 2015
Sorry i can't waste time to read nonsense. the topic alone tells me its something written by newly mad person.
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 10:30pm On Apr 02, 2015
Not for calling Buhari,but by calling Buhari,he averted what would had been bloodshed.
And I guess you understand Heroes are also people who saves life. SO HE IS ONE.

Well if he is not a hero to you,keep it to yourself and stop posting irritative posts here on NL

THANKS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Solowande(m): 10:36pm On Apr 02, 2015
blacnewton:
25 years ago, a certain woman traveled to Zimbabwe on a research trip to investigate why girls' school enrollment in rural areas was very low. She discovered that poverty was the road block as opposed to cultural reasons. Families could not afford to buy books or pay school fees for all their children. Instead they sent their male children to school because they stood a better chance of getting a paid job after graduation.

This woman understood how this poverty and exclusion theory affects these girls psychologically and economically, and if girls could be educated, supported by their communities and empowered to shape their own destinies, they could change their communities and nations forever.

She really wanted to help and change the status-quo but she had no money. She struggled and launched grassroots fund-raising campaigns single-handedly, such as selling baked foods and was able to send 32 girls to school successfully. And in the space of 20 years she was able to send over 400,000 children to school.

This woman's name is Ann Cotton and I'm sure you are inspired by her story. Yes, that is the effect heroes or someone that did something heroic has on us.

Heroes are people that go the extra length to create something that matters even when they are not obliged to. Most times they don't get paid for it. They see it as a service to humanity.

We have many other heroes too like Nelson Mandela, Martin Luther king Jr, Mary Slessor e.t.c

And it will only be demeaning and unfair to what heroes stands for if we call every Dick and Harry a Hero.

President Jonathan (A.K.A GEJ) lost the presidential elections to the opposition party and he conceded defeat in a reasonable and calm manner. The elections was free and fair (to some extent) and the country was not in any sort of chaos as many pastors prophesied Nigerians feared.

But all of that doesn't make him a hero and there was nothing heroic about what he did. That was just a normal thing to do. Many even went ahead to say he deserves a Nobel Prize... In what I ask? Some even said he should be immortalized.

I actually thought people were just trying to play pranks or crack crazy jokes as that is synonymous with Nigerians - We tend to create humor around everything, no matter how terrible.

But no, People were darn serious about this hero and super-hero talk. They even went as far as creating hashtags such as #GEJourHero... I think they're are plainly sentimental. Calling GEJ and Hero because he conceded defeat in a calm way is crazy. Is that not the normal and sensible thing to do?

This is just sad and this explains we scream "UP NEPA" when NEPA supplies our houses electricity we are paying for.

If GEJ is a hero for calling Buhari... Then I guess I am a hero too because I just called my pastor and I think I deserve a Nobel prize too.

U don finish, wetin GEJ do u self?
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 10:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Solowande:
U don finish, wetin GEJ do u self?
ask him oo cos him no even think before him write

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Jokay07(m): 10:40pm On Apr 02, 2015
Honestly, I expected nothing less than what Gej did, you lose and you pack out. It's the normal thing to do, this is a gentle man agreement moreso they have signed the agreement which is enough to use against him if he doesn't want to step down. Even if Gej swallows Devil, he wouldn't make any attempt to tamper with peace of the nation when U.S is in position to shove up his ass off the seat and use the chance to invade Nigeria. To me, I think Pdp members are only using it console themselves. Shall we call Governor Alao Akala a Hero because he conceded defeat against Governor Ajimobi in 2011 govesnorship election? If we are to go by what Gej did, then even politician that concedes defeat is a Hero and deserve Noble prize because absence of peace in a state can spread to the entire nation.
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 10:43pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jokay07:
Honestly, I expected nothing less than what Gej did, you lose and you pack out. It's the normal thing to do, this is a gentle man agreement moreso they have signed the agreement which is enough to use against him if he doesn't want to step down. Even if Gej swallows Devil, he wouldn't make any attempt to tamper with peace of the nation when U.S is in position to shove up his ass off the seat and use the chance to invade Nigeria. To me, I think Pdp members are only using it console themselves. Shall we call Governor Alao Akala a Hero because he conceded defeat against Governor Ajimobi in 2011 govesnorship election? If we are to go by what Gej did, then even politician that concedes defeat is a Hero and deserve Noble prize because absence of peace in a state can spread to the entire nation.
you and the op should be treated
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by blacnewton(m): 10:54pm On Apr 02, 2015
crazysaint:
Sorry i can't waste time to read nonsense. the topic alone tells me its something written by newly mad person.

You are right... I wrote it and I am insane. Glad you read what a mad man wrote (and you understood his words) anyways.
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by blacnewton(m): 10:56pm On Apr 02, 2015
prettydiva89:
Not for calling Buhari,but by calling Buhari,he averted what would had been bloodshed.
And I guess you understand Heroes are also people who saves life. SO HE IS ONE.

Well if he is not a hero to you,keep it to yourself and stop posting irritative posts here on NL

THANKS

Y'all Know what i just heard? The Chibok girls are back... The people that ‪#‎BokoHaram‬ killed came back to life.... Nigeria's Economy is now stable.... Over 10 million Youths just got great jobs...... All this because GEJ called GMB to congratulate him and conceded defeat in a calm manner. GEJ is a HERO! GEJ deserves a Nobel prize.....
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by blacnewton(m): 11:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Jokay07:

Your head is correct. This is not only limited to GEJ. This same thing happens when new roads constructed and Infrastructures are being put in place... then we begin to worship these people using phrases such as "He tried, He built good roads">>> Like is that not his responsibility? Is that why we voted them in?
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 02, 2015
Gej is a hero... not just an ordinary hero, a very Big one, look at how peaceful d election was despite all d prophecy that there will be wars, interim govt, military take over etc... look at how he congratulated Buhari after his defeat... but look at 2011 and tell us wat happened after Buhari lost, d bloodshed was much....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Tattooboy: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
His call to
lygn19:
Gej is a hero... not just an ordinary hero, a very Big one, look at how peaceful d election was despite all d prophecy that there will be wars, interim govt, military take over etc... look at how he congratulated Buhari after his defeat... but look at 2011 and tell us wat happened after Buhari lost, d bloodshed was much....
seconded.

His call 2 GMB was life-saving
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Tattooboy: 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
His call to
lygn19:
seconded.

His call 2 GMB was saved lives.
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Hardeysolution(m): 11:27pm On Apr 02, 2015
If u like say sth bad... I will say my mind...

I dnt see anything in jux praising this man and i wunt @ all but even see it as a stepping stone for bUhari... If Buhari hadn't won, what would have happened? Please stop comparing this man with Mandela... Did he @ all save the people? Where are the chibok girls? We still demand for them! Where are they? Dead or Alive? Political promises nt fulfilled and u want to turn im to a hero? Are u consoling him or what? Spit our the truth and let the truth hit the receiver... He doesnt deserve our praises until he does what he promised..

#dancingafterdeathofpeople
#askingBBOGtogotosambisa
#SayingStealingisntcorruption
#excuseme
#forwhatareupraisinghim
#forconcedingdefeat?

Please, if ur teacher should go for an interview and didnt win or an audition and lose, praise such people and make them heros for conceding defeat, what should be said of Omisore of Osun state and Fayemi of Ekiti state? Nigerian Heroes? Lol...

Wake up my people o Jare!

Please immotalize Fayemi in Ekiti state. Even M.K.O wasnt called a hero for being killed on his right... Jux for conceding defeat? Lol... So anyone who does that deserves being celebrated... Please celebrate Fayemi oo and celebrate Dapo Abiodun that lost to the pDP in Ogun-East
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Hardeysolution(m): 11:33pm On Apr 02, 2015
lygn19:
during ebola, he took the praises to himself instead of Dr Adadevoh. Now, he is taking this to himself instead of Jega though wise people didnt praise him but Jega! Was he d one that distributed pvc? If he had sacked Jega nko for his selfish interest? Hero my foot! Nonsense...
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Kevinoh: 11:34pm On Apr 02, 2015
Please stop all these fake hero stories!!!
Our true heroes are our gallant soldiers combating Bokoharam sad

Major A. Hassan was killed on Sunday March 29 by Boko Harram men that attacked Bauchi state. He was the flush commander of 33 artillery Brigade, Bauchi. May his soul rest in peace, Amen.

1 Like

Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by blacnewton(m): 11:35pm On Apr 02, 2015
lygn19:

Why we all acting as if he did us some sort of favor. Was he supposed to start a war or something? Fine he did well by conceding defeat in a calm manner but that doesn't make him no HERO....
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by vislabraye(m): 12:30am On Apr 03, 2015
blacnewton:

Who is this blogger?

Last election Gej won fairly but did gmb take the defeat likely? no. He went as far as provoking violence. What Gej did was noble. Everyone one in the world sees it except this blogger
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 03, 2015
blacnewton:

Y'all Know what i just heard? The Chibok girls are back... The people that ‪#‎BokoHaram‬ killed came back to life.... Nigeria's Economy is now stable.... Over 10 million Youths just got great jobs...... All this because GEJ called GMB to congratulate him and conceded defeat in a calm manner. GEJ is a HERO! GEJ deserves a Nobel prize.....
let the op be,he is a hater
Re: Why GEJ Is Not A Hero by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 03, 2015
Hardeysolution:

during ebola, he took the praises to himself instead of Dr Adadevoh. Now, he is taking this to himself instead of Jega though wise people didnt praise him but Jega! Was he d one that distributed pvc? If he had sacked Jega nko for his selfish interest? Hero my foot! Nonsense...
that's where you got it wrong,he didn't sack jega for personal interest,and of course he didn't refuse to hand over power which he can do.

(1) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE - N25bn Scam: Igbinedion, Eboigbodin Convicted By Judge / Senatorial Candidate Proposes The Removal Of 4 Year Presidential Term Limit / President Elect Snookers APC Leaders Over Unannounced UK Trip

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.